• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

S3V8

alt account
Banned
Dec 25, 2019
🇬🇧
That's surprising! At least EA didn't close anyone. Maybe EA finally opened their eyes and saw that narrative-driven single-player only games still could be successful.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'd happily board any ship with Vince at the helm. Congratulations to him, hopefully we don't have to wait too long to see the fruits of his labor.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
DICE LA was formerly Danger Close, makers of the Medal of Honor reboot and its sequel. Given Vince's history, and Respawn working on a Medal of Honor VR game, I wonder if these are early steps in reviving the IP there.

klik

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I just hope next Battlefield in 2021 is gonna be amazing.
Really amazing.
I hope so...

Megamind.

Nov 18, 2019
Holly shit. Damn this guy is such a legend. I'm curious and interested to see what he does next and what dice do.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
DICE LA was formerly Danger Close, makers of the Medal of Honor reboot and its sequel. Given Vince's history, and Respawn working on a Medal of Honor VR game, I wonder if these are early steps in reviving the IP there.
That's what I was thinking as well. However with BF, Apex and Titanfall EA don't need another FPS. Maybe make it third person.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
flat,550x550,075,f.u3.jpg

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Good for Zampella, man hasn't released a single game I didn't love

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
A titanfall game similar to the battlefield experience...

giphy.gif

S3V8

alt account
Banned
Dec 25, 2019
🇬🇧
You can expect Jedi Fallen Order sequel and more Apex Legends for sure.

Titanfall 3 was put on hold for now.
I'm not a fan of STAR WARS. I didn't even watch one whole minute of any movie or series. That's not not my cup of tea. I just finished LEGO® STAR WARS™: The Force Awakens and it was very good.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I think Zampella could definitely bring a fresh view to the Battlefield series. Battlefield V was good in my opinion, but could have been a lot better. And Respawn/Zampella clearly knows gunplay very well.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Some of you guys really need to read the OP and stop also confusing DICE LA with DICE Stockholm lol

Rabalder.

Dec 8, 2018
A grounded, modern Battlefield game from the guy who brought us Allied Assault and Modern Warfare sounds delicious.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope that means he can make the next battlefield or project LA is working on into a great one. Seems like a lot of miss MGMT going on at DICE in just about every installment.

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I really hope that means he can make the next battlefield or project LA is working on into a great one. Seems like a lot of miss MGMT going on at DICE in just about every installment.

If anything I would take it to mean less involvement in battlefield, since it sounds like they would be peeled off as a support studio to make a new ip.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Respawn is the crown jewel of EA with Vince at the center, but besides that, a ton of EA studios need help, including DICE, so him going there to help turn them around while staying on at Respawn is nothing but good news to me
Hopefully he can help them deliver the same quality of game that Respawn has been making since inception, preferably a narrative-driven game, which is the vibe I'm getting from Vince in the article
Oh and BTW guys, the article says he's working on an ORIGINAL GAME, so don't get your hopes up for him directing Battlefield 6 or Bad Company 3 or whatever

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
this sounds like we wont be getting t3

i wonder what there game will be

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me of the Bioware rebranding they did on their satellite studios. This news bodes well for EA overall, Zampella is a great and I pretty much like every game he ever have his hands on.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like the new battlefield is already in development by the main Dice studio in Sweden.
I'm sure both Respawn and DICE LA will just end up combining (30 min between studios, will just move everyone to one building) and be under a completely brand new name. This studio will continue to work on Apex, Star Wars stuff, Medal of Honor VR and possibly revitalization and then whatever new IP that's been cooking in DICE LA.

SkoomaBlade

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Man this studio has been rebranded so many times lol:

DreamWorks Interactive
EA LA
Danger Close Games
DICE LA
Zampella Rebrand