• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
I admit being surprised everytime a Hollywood star turns out being a fairly big gamer. Not speaking of "mainstream" titles like Fifa, NFL, Fortnite or COD.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Damn, Vin must like to punish himself, playing a 1000 hours of Ark. The bugs and horrible performance was enough to stay far away from Ark. I would not want to go anywhere near a sequel.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Damn, Vin must like to punish himself, playing a 1000 hours of Ark. The bugs and horrible performance was enough to stay far away from Ark. I would not want to go anywhere near a sequel.
It's in pretty good shape now, I've been playing through it for the first time (I messed around in it a bit before but never really dove in) and it's been a blast. I have everything turned up to max and even with a rather gigantic base with dozens of tamed dinos I still usually get over 60fps.

Edit: I'm playing solo, no desire to play on public servers.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Oh wow I thought he was just a celebrity hire to promote the game, but it sounds like a passion project he's personally involved in. I always knew he had a geeky side to him, mostly his DnD days, but this is pretty cool. I wonder how aware he is of game development and what his real involvement is

EternalDarko

Oct 26, 2017
Never mix business with pleasure. It might turn out ok, but boy did that CG look rough. I guess he can afford to have fun projects though so it doesn't matter if it doesn't do well.

He he was a part of quite a few games though.
I mean, the man was a core part of Tigon studios and the Riddick games.
He knows what he's doing.

Dec 31, 2017
Horrible performance is relative honesty, considering what the game is doing it'll never be perfectly smooth until you have a high end PC. This isn't a corridor shooter...

Telecinision

Aug 22, 2018
Is Ark any good? I'm legit curious since it has cross play.

Yes and no. There's an insane amount of content, and trying to figure out all of the systems can be a real fun challenge. It might be worth picking up the base game on a sale to see if it's for you. The main problems with the game are poor optimization, which was dumped on the side of the development path for more content and a bad community on officials. Top advice is to avoid official servers and find a private server with people you like, or just give solo a go, just realize you'll probably want to spend some time tweaking the bazillion difficulty sliders to get to a gameplay level you enjoy.

Bish_Bosch

Apr 30, 2018
I would not be surprised if a some of those actors are in the project only because Vin Diesel is involved and is putting his name behind it.

Is Vin Diesel enough of a name to get people on board a game though? The Riddick sequels clearly had pull cast wise but Bloodshot and idk that Witchhunter movie had no casts of note.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Vin Diesel owns the production company that makes a lot of the films he's in, which owns a game studio that has overseen/ devved games with him in

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
wait what
Does this mean he is a game developer too?
He has a game production company called Tigon under his One Race Films company, that was formed around creating and pitching concepts for video games to publishers, and studios would be contracted to do the actual development.

Tigon was made defunct sometime after Wheelman came out on 360, and revived a couple years ago and produced Fast and Furious Crossroads with Slightly Mad as the developer, and I guess work on this game too.

Oct 25, 2017
That's really cool, I hope it turns out great. I have no interest in playing it myself, but the Hololive girls who like the original seem to be super hyped for this, so I'll be watching countless hours of it.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
This is great. I knew he was into nerdy stuff but not Ark in particular. I love the mental image of that little buff man getting all excited about riding a dinosaur. You do you Vinn.