• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Who are some villains you were hoping would turn over to the side of good for whatever reason?

Shego was always fun and would occasionally comment on how mediocre villain life was/how good Kim Possible had it, so I always liked moments when they worked together and hoped she would reform

Starscream1.png

Starscream might be a weird one, I watched a cartoon when I was young that had an episode where he bonded with the humans for a short period, since then i was always rooting for him to turn Good

maxresdefault.jpg

Chimera ant gang rise up (fuck Pouf though)

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
If you want a Starscream or even a Megatron who isn't Bwahaha evil, then go read the IDW comics for your fix.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Starscream1.png

Starscream might be a weird one, I watched a cartoon when I was young that had an episode where he bonded with the humans for a short period, since then i was always rooting for him to turn Good

iirc, at the end of the original Transformers comic run in the early nineties, Starscream does kind of become good.
He outplayed everyone and gained control of Warworld and the Matrix - the Matrix ended up infecting starscream with Primus's goodness so he helped out Optimus against Jhiaxus lol, and then gave the matrix back to Optimus because he didn't want to be good, but it does seem to have affected him a bit because he helps out Optimus a couple of times after

Last edited:

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017
de22i20-66ec0348-c51b-4c9e-a3bb-b476a295420e.jpg

Would have been nice to see a rehabilitated Smeagol and whether or not he would have been allowed to make the journey to the West.

Jun 17, 2019
Shigaraki from my hero. Dude deserves to be give a chance. His whole back story shows he could have been a hero.

Agree on Starscream. Ravus from FFXV also needs to join the good guys.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Shigaraki from my hero. Dude deserves to be give a chance. His whole back story shows he could have been a hero.

His backstory is tragic but even if you somehow wiped out his death count I don't see any way you realistically turn him into a hero, a concept he hates so much. Maybe a death turn or something like a Vader.

However the author loves to redeem people (or try to at least). I mean, I still hate Bakugo and Endeavor no matter what but he seems to love trying.

I feel like Michael Keaton's Vulture could be an anti hero though there's no precedent in the comics for that character.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
This is one of my most hated tropes, so while I'm sure at times it's a guilty pleasure I can enjoy, I can't think of many times I've watched something and actively wanted it to happen.

eosos

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
I hate when this happens, especially in anime when the villain kills like 1000 innocents (Often in hella weird ways) and then all the sudden they're a good guy cuz they had a lonely / troubled childhood. Like are you kidding me? Looking at you sauce

Edit: On top of the above, I feel like this sort of thing directly feeds into the justified persecution complex that many incel types express online.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Captain_Phasma.png

She was played by a popular actress that would have made a great presence without the helmet in a 3rd chapter.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I hate when this happens, especially in anime when the villain kills like 1000 innocents (Often in hella weird ways) and then all the sudden they're a good guy cuz they had a lonely / troubled childhood. Like are you kidding me? Looking at you sauce

Edit: On top of the above, I feel like this sort of thing directly feeds into the justified persecution complex that many incel types express online.

Sasuke's never killed actually killed 1000 innocents though. He killed 10 security guards in the entire story (and then proceeded to save the world at the end, went to prison, lost an arm permanently and now spends his life wandering the earth atoning with good deeds).

You're actually thinking of this guy when it's comes to consequence-free evil:

ock6i5drreq21.png

Last edited:

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Present Zamasu should have lived and joined the side of good.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
why-you-should-watch-mission-impossible-fallout-740x500-5-1531830270.gif

Agent Walker in MI: Fallout. Him kicking ass with Tom Cruise in future movies would have been great.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
I had the exact same experience with Starscream, I remember it was the mini con series and he ends up betraying them but feeling guilty/sad about it.

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
In the lead up to Infinity War I hoped Marvel would bring back some villains to fight on the good side, like Abomination or Ultron.

OP
OP

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019

what about feeding into ideas of rehabilitation?

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
It's not her fault her father trained her to do one thing and then unilaterally decided that he wasn't about that life anymore and thus decided to imprison her for like eternity.

Cate-Blanchett-Hela-Thor-Ragnarok.jpg

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, also David in Prometheus and Covenant. Why must you be such a dick? Why not just let us discover our history and help build a better future?

92bb10024e333922f0fd41e0b32307fc.jpg

Last edited:

Ballpoint Ren

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Shego is a great pick, OP. That one episode in the 4th season where she turns good briefly could have gone somewhere.

As far as fiction goes, I would have really liked to see what would have happened if
The Warrior of Light managed to contain all of the Light Wardens and convinced Emet-Selch to cooperate with them.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Black Adam. Stronger than Superman. The magic and gifts of Wonder Woman. If only he (and the DC writers) realized he could have saved the world.