• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yo Era, what are some villains that you think got off incredibly easy for all the shit that they did?

I guess I'll start off with the king of this

Ted Faro in Horizon: Zero Dawn
40616_normal.jpg

Dude effectively ended up causing the robot apocalypse and all he really had to do was foot the bill for the solution. he would have had to live in infamy with his name shamed forever if he hadn't pulled that little stunt, but oh well

Fuck Ted

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Walter White didn't deserve his vengeance on Hank's killers, and having a somewhat dignified passing in the meth lab. He poisoned a kid among other horrible acts.

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
Catra from She Ra

She literally tears apart SPACE AND TIME and inadvertently kills the mother of one of the main characters. She almost brought complete ruin to a planet in the middle of war. Her punishment?.. Nothing at all, she gets together with the MC

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
Yo Era, what are some villains that you think got off incredibly easy for all the shit that they did?

I guess I'll start off with the king of this

Ted Faro in Horizon: Zero Dawn
40616_normal.jpg

Dude effectively ended up causing the robot apocalypse and all he really had to do was foot the bill for the solution. he would have had to live in infamy with his name shamed forever if he hadn't pulled that little stunt, but oh well

Fuck Ted

I have a sneaking suspicion we aren't done with him yet. Maybe not physically anyway but I wouldnt put hit passed him to create or become an AI ruining the world from the shadows.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza 7 spoilers

Whenever we get a sequel to this story, I hope it opens up with this' fuckers body floating down Ijincho's bay lol

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
kingdom_hearts_3_remind_who_is_the_voice_actor_for_xehanort_holl_1465202.jpg

Old Man Xehanort

Cersei_Lannister_in_Black_Dress_in_Season_5.jpg

Cersei "Da Bomb" Lannister
Did Xehanort really get comeuppance though? At worst he failed his plan. And I guess he fucking died lol. But he died happy.

Also wrong GoT character.

TELEMMGLPICT000131421802_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqkUE_BTgBOQu3VWKvpDGX9fr7sARQy7EgBjwPUzvqL_M.jpeg

For the last like three seasons I wanted one of her dragons to eat her so bad. I'm still upset it didn't happen.

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
The Geseptian-Fardesile Cultural Federacy (GFCF) from Surface Detail in Iain M. Banks' Culture series.

After all their shenanigans they essentially got off with a slap on the wrist. The Culture should have put those smug, sycophantic little wannabes in their place.

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
I have a sneaking suspicion we aren't done with him yet. Maybe not physically anyway but I wouldnt put hit passed him to create or become an AI ruining the world from the shadows.
Didn't he
build his own bunker
or am I misremembering things? There could be some fuckery.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018

George Amberson Minafer actually did receive a pretty healthy dose of comeuppance, but thread is too perfect an opportunity for me to not post this sequence. Lol

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Catra from She Ra

She literally tears apart SPACE AND TIME and inadvertently kills the mother of one of the main characters. She almost brought complete ruin to a planet in the middle of war. Her punishment?.. Nothing at all, she gets together with the MC
Agreed. Didn't care much at all for how things ended for her.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
fdf79b31124fbddee5bd22008c817b76.jpg

- You almost killed me and ruined a whole country
- I can help you on the war
- Understandable, let's go

apstyl

Oct 25, 2017
The homophobes at the beginning of IT Chapter2. Thinking about it still upsets me that the film didn't punish them.

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
latest

because death actually means nothing to this prick, you kill him he comes back as a zombie and continues doing worse shit

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Grey Worm in game of thrones.

Dude saw Cersei's army laying down their swords and the bells ringing, but decided to go along with his mad queen and just start committing mass murder anyway.

And what happens to him? He gets to go home and chill for the rest of his life.

Just another flaw of the show's horrible final season.

Peebs

Alt-Account
Banned
Dec 16, 2020
Every Stephen King villain ever. One of the reasons why I stopped reading him.

I know he's explained it that there is no karma dispensing poetic justice and people will live or die based on the actions of others and pure dumb luck, but so many evil fuckers almost get away with it just for some last-ditch thing to usually instantly kill them.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Kylo Ren.

He fell down a pit after being magically cured of his evil-ness. And then came back and got to kiss Daisy Ridley. And then just slumped over and died. Dude massacred an entire innocent village in his opening scene, and looked on proudly as Starkiller killed more people than the Death Stars ever did. I don't even think he has a moment of self reflection where he feels guilty about what he did, unless I'm forgetting it. He's just magically good again. Vader, by comparison, was at least retroactively sympathetic and got his hand cut off, electrocuted, watched his son be tortured, etc.

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
And to keep shitting on Catra cuz fuck Catra:
Theres alot more war crimes that can be piled onto Catra, but the fact that the last season is mostly spent cleaning a problem that she caused, and had the intended result she wanted, proves that she shouldve been shot on the spot once it was over BUT A KISS? COME THE FUCK ONNNN

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

Dude saw Cersei's army laying down their swords and the bells ringing, but decided to go along with his mad queen and just start committing mass murder anyway.

Eh, they were Lannister soldiers. Plus, mass slaughter is expected when you sack a city.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Catra from She Ra

Catra got emotionally wrecked, had the shit beaten out of her, was mind raped and then literally died. There wasn't much more you can do to punish her in a kids show.

Now if I'm all with you if you want to argue that the show needed 6 more episodes to build on Catra's repentance ala Zuko in Avatar. Or if you want to argue that chipping everyone who had a grudge against Catra was a clear cope out. But hey, at just she did gain some brownie points by saving the universe.

Of course, I also enjoyed that Catra remained an asshole until the very end. I hate when character's personalities change completely once they heel turn or get turned "good".

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
latest

because death actually means nothing to this prick, you kill him he comes back as a zombie and continues doing worse shit

The fact that the only way to finally get him to stop was to perform a Sending on him after you finally decommission him in his last boss fight was just....weird. Yuna basically laying his soul to rest in peace. The same thing she did to the poor folks who got killed by Sin.

And I mean....I get it. According to that world's laws if she didn't, he'd just get back up and start doing more of what he was doing...just frustrated that you couldn't properly punish him. And there was no way he would have a redemption arc, because that would mean he'd pass on willingly on his own after whatever epiphany he could have had.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018

Luffy needed his help to escape Impel Down. It was either "let this asshole out of his cell so he can help" or "have a higher chance of getting captured/killed and then fail to save Ace". The truce seems reasonable enough to me.

grand

Oct 25, 2017

Luffy was completely against Crocodile teaming up with them and the second they arrived at Marineford the two started fighting for real. It wasn't until Luffy was unconscious & near death that Crocodile fully went onto the protagonist side

So far the only serious enemies that Luffy has forgiven are Robin & Bellamy

MrZaha

Jan 9, 2018

No offense man but why would grey worm turn on the woman who gave him freedom for the sake of those who killed his lover? Hes unsullied killing doesnt bother him.

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
Catra got emotionally wrecked, had the shit beaten out of her, was mind raped and then literally died. There wasn't much more you can do to punish her in a kids show.

Now if I'm all with you if you want to argue that the show needed 6 more episodes to build on Catra's repentance ala Zuko in Avatar. Or if you want to argue that chipping everyone who had a grudge against Catra was a clear cope out. But hey, at just she did gain some brownie points by saving the universe.

Of course, I also enjoyed that Catra remained an asshole until the very end. I hate when character's personalities change completely once they heel turn or get turned "good".
Lol, she cant get brownie points for something she caused. She was a great character until the cop out too. She would be one of the greatest cartoon villains if she didnt cop out at the end, but she did and that just ruins her character. Alot of people wjo feel like this also think that this wouldnt be an issue if they had developed more on her character having a change of heart than right at the end of the show, but unfortunately she doesnt.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Luffy needed his help to escape Impel Down. It was either "let this asshole out of his cell so he can help" or "have a higher chance of getting captured/killed and then fail to save Ace". The truce seems reasonable enough to me.
Luffy was completely against Crocodile teaming up with them and the second they arrived at Marineford the two started fighting for real. It wasn't until Luffy was unconscious & near death that Crocodile fully went onto the protagonist side

So far the only serious enemies that Luffy has forgiven are Robin & Bellamy

That's fair.

And "serious enemies" lmao, poor Buggy and Mr. 3.