• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2019
I still don't understand why she keeps punching down on people when she is almost a billionaire who could do so much good. Maybe I'm just a naive idealist but I can't imagine being in her position and not wanting to help people, rather than hate on trans people.

The problem is that she has done a lot of good, but is also a hateful pos to those who don't deserve it. Her work on helping battered women is staggering, but then her definition of woman is outdated.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Man, she is more of a villain than any character she could think of. Disgusting really tweeting that. What is her problem though? She seems to be targeting trans women more than just trans people in general.
That's her terfery speaking - she refuses to acknowledge trans women as women but probably doesn't care as much about trans men and nonbinary peeps as she doesn't have a stake in that.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Ban Rowling, okay. Maybe. There might still be situations where it would be useful to let people know just what a vile waste of oxygen she's become. Banning old Harry Potter stuff seems pointless. Future stuff or anything that might give Rowling any sort of support would be easier, I guess.

The most important part is not giving assholes like her any political cred or money. They may or may not still have created things that are worth discussing or perhaps even enjoying, to the extent one can still do that, even if they aren't worth...er, buying. I know I use this example every time, but I fucking hate Morrissey. The person. I still love a lot of his older music, and I think there might be discussions worth having about, say, Vauxhall and I. It's a fantastic album. Everyone should listen to it. Nobody should pay for it. Morrissey should starve to death and go away forever. Same with Rowling.

Plastic Shark

Nov 17, 2017
I see the inane ghoul is participating in the old tradition of doubling down again. And again. And again. I wish the old bigot would be banned from Twitter or something.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With regards to Rowling, the next thread I want to see on ERA is a thread reporting that Rowling got banned on Twitter for hate content. Until then, ban all discussion on Rowling.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
This woman seems obsessed with trans issues. Imagine having all that freedom in life to do whatever you want and you choose to go on a crusade against trans people. Gross.

YEah, I´m thinking more of the future game and Beasts movies, give no space for her bullshit

Well he case of Ubisoft and rampant sexual abuse we are told that we can voice our opinion on the company but can't criticise people for supporting the company and the forum will continue to allow threads advertising their games. It will probably be the same for the Harry Potter franchise.

MrTowel

Oct 25, 2017
fxKm1DA.png

Bradbury

Oct 28, 2017
Well he case of Ubisoft and rampant sexual abuse we are told that we can voice our opinion on the company but can't criticise people for supporting the company and the forum will continue to allow threads advertising their games. It will probably be the same for the Harry Potter franchise.
Oh I´m sure HP will never be banned from this place, it should, but I doubt it will happen, the announcement thread of the game will probably be filled with people hyped up and happy to ignore the trans blood in Jk hands

Oct 25, 2017
"Congratulations, JK. You won the lottery of life. You can have anything you want. Your dreams shall have no limits in reality."
"Give me a Twitter account and a bottomless pit of hatred."

Vile TERF. I'm sure my kids will discover HP one day, but it won't be through me. There are plenty of other worlds to introduce them to.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
I agree that we don't need a new thread for every bigoted tweet she makes. At a certain point it's not really surprising or newsworthy.

She sucks, she isn't changing, anyone who doesn't already see exactly what she's doing is beyond hope at this point. I don't need to be reminded that a childhood hero hates me several times a week.

And yeah, her "concern" about detransitioners is about as genuine as Trump's hair. She doesn't give a shit about people who detransition beyond how useful they are for her to use as "proof" that trans people are naive or sinister.

Last edited:

NunezL

Jun 17, 2020
Damn, fuck her. She keeps going.
Harry Potter IS my childhood, but i'm done with it.

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
ONCE again I hope mods and admins will finally ban discussion about all future works by her or with a franchise owned by her.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Glad I never got into HP. Can finally be open about not liking that trash and not get dumped on by 50 people.

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
That's her terfery speaking - she refuses to acknowledge trans women as women but probably doesn't care as much about trans men and nonbinary peeps as she doesn't have a stake in that.
She views trans men as misguided women making a massive mistake with their lives, and enbies... depends on their AGAB probably and ignoring they don't identify as either gender, not wholly or solidly anyway.

Kensation

Enlightened
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
In a way, it's good that she's doing this. Now everyone can see what an awful person she actually is.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I wake every morning these days hoping JK Rowling has got her comeuppance already.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I know this may seem frivolous and only partially related, but if Harry Potter was a massive part of your life (as it was to me), and you're having a very difficult time reconciling how hateful Rowling is being with your childhood love of the series, I'd like to recommend Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality, a free fanfic? It's...genuinely better than the original texts; I've basically overwritten the original story with HPMOR in my mind, and I learned a whole bunch of interesting (real!) science from it too. It's free and not written by a bigot. www.hpmor.com

Fuck you, JK Rowling.

napkins

Nov 18, 2017
harry potter itself is just riddled with questionable ideas from common slavery to wizard purity tests. combined with her own beliefs, that would seem ground enough to ban everything associated with jk rowling.
deplatform her any way we can, starting here.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Pardon my ignorance, but I've never heard of "detransition" before. Am I assuming that if you're M-F Trans, start the transition process and then say, "You know what? I think I felt more comfortable as a man" and transition back. Is that detransitioning?

Mar 30, 2018
Fully expecting my Twitter account to get another week-long vacation for telling this TERF to eat shit while they won't even look at the reports on her account.

xChildofhatex

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone tell what the fuck is a TRA? I keep seeing this term being used in tweets which are in support of JKR. Is it supposed to be derogatory like MRA? Why the fuck would someone raising their voice FOR Trans rights be a bad person?

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018

I honestly never looked into the the TERF term and meaning/origins, I thought it was generally all anti-trans since I see it so much. But it says "trans-exclusionary radical feminist" which. Its kind of confusing since "trans" could mean both trans men and trans women, and feminist can be both male and female feminists.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh. What a vile person she is. :\

Pardon my ignorance, but I've never heard of "detransition" before. Am I assuming that if you're M-F Trans, start the transition process and then say, "You know what? I think I felt more comfortable as a man" and transition back. Is that detransitioning?

Essentially. Detransitioning refers to someone choosing to reverse their gender transitioning process. This can take multiple forms, including medically, socially, and legally.

It should be pointed out that the rate of detransitioning is very low, and there are many reasons one might chose to detransition.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Fully expecting my Twitter account to get another week-long vacation for telling this TERF to eat shit while they won't even look at the reports on her account.
The sad thing I've seen from the Twitter replies is that you absoluely are not allowed to a be a man to call her out because you're being sexist and mansplaining and stifling her rights as a woman or something.

Ugh. What a vile person she is. :\

Essentially. Detransitioning refers to someone choosing to reverse their gender transitioning process. This can take multiple forms, including medically, socially, and legally.

It should be pointed out that the rate of detransitioning is very low, and there are many reasons one might chose to detransition.

Thank you both :)

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Just 2 days ago a woman posted that she her trans daughter just passed away and a bunch of people came in to misgender her and tell her her daughter is in hell. I was fuming and said that some of these people deserve to fall down every stairs they encounter and 30 seconds after my tweet was posted I was suspended. The tweets that I reported on the other hand didn't even got asked to be removed.

What's wrong with transphobes😔 They can't even let a grieving mum grieve in peace.

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
I don't think we need a new thread every time she tweets but I hope this forum doesn't ban discussion of her or her IP. I don't think that's a good path to go down, I value this place as an news an discussion aggregate.

Otherist

Oct 27, 2017
England
I don't think we need to worry about banning discussion of Cormoran Strike, I've never seen discussion of Cormoran Strike anywhere in my life.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think we need a new thread every time she tweets but I hope this forum doesn't ban discussion of her or her IP. I don't think that's a good path to go down, I value this place as an news an discussion aggregate.

So you want people to ignore the shitty person but still talk about and support her works? We have a fucking trans community on here. What does it say about us that we allow her any free press and support on this forum..?

I value this place for being more inclusive than others. Get your news elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.