• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017

Fret not, though, because nostalgia is a hell of a profit opportunity. Good Humor announced that after 30 years, the beloved Viennetta is returning to the dessert aisle freezers, along with a ton of other new frozen items. For now it'll only be available in vanilla, though chocolate, mint, and pistachio versions have been available over the years. No partnerships with KFC or Pizza Hut, which originally carried the dessert on their menus, have been announced.
www.eater.com

Viennetta, the Fanciest Dessert of the ’90s, Is Back

The height of sophistication — and the freezer aisle — is returning after 30 years

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Like everything that comes back after a long period of time, it won't taste as good as you remember.

That said, I never got a chance to get one of these so bring it the fuck on

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Hooooooooly shit! I've never had one, but I remember those commercials vividly. I'm so buying one if I see it in the stores. You can't stop me mom!!!

Oct 26, 2017
Ice cream lasagna!

I remember the last time somebody mentioned it not being available over there I got a craving for it and nipped out to the shop to buy one.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
As a kid, I used to want one of those so much lol I think they are still available in Mexico tho 🤔

Edit. Wait, it's that Tim Roth on that Viennetta commercial?

Last edited:

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wait...Americans had been deprived of the best ice cream you can get in a supermarket for 30 years? What the hell, I'm so sorry for you :(

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i buy these like once a year when guests come over and i don't want to make something myself.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
can't wait to tell my wife. She's so sad she can't get it here

edit: she devil already saw :(

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
There is no way this hasn't been in stores for 30 years. I'm 32 and I know I've had them throughout my life. Can't recall having them in awhile, though, but definitely in my childhood and even teenage years.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Didn't know Viennetta was basically in the same situation like the McRib.

Something that you are able to get anytime in Germany, but is super limited in the US. Weird.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
They could have made so much bank during the pandemic last year. Still will, I'm sure.

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
Normal Viennetta is decent (available in Vanilla, Mint and Strawberry in the UK..as well as a new limited edition chocolate orange flavour)...

..but the king (that returned to the UK late 2020)...

... is Biscuit Caramel Vienetta.
Caramel and vanilla Ice cream, with crisp caramel layers instead of chocolate, a layer of crunchy caramel biscuit at the base and caramel nibs on top.

I currently have four in the freezer.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I have enjoyed this every summer and then some for the last thirty years.

It's part of the family.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I have never heard of these but this doesn't look appetizing in the slightest even though it's just ice cream and chocolate sauce fancily layered.

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
I just tried Nuttela first time and really liked it, I've never had this so I will try this as well.