• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Jeff Gerstmann said that the game is "super impressive" and "has shown very well behind the scenes", so I'm definitely really intrigued in this game.

Also when one of the members jokingly said "Sonic and the Colossus", Jeff seemingly agrees that it's what he's seen/heard and says "Yeah. Mhm."

Whatever happens, if Tails isn't your glider I'm going to be mad.

Last edited:

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Every developer working on a big IP or not is targeting a high score.

Like...what would they target instead?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe a publisher would want people to like their game. Shocking news.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
That's not news. If they came out and said "yeah, we're targeting some low review scores for this one," that'd be something.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Grass grows, birds fly, the Sun shines and brother, game companies want high review scores.

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS
The statement seems odd, but I get it.

It's "we're actually trying to make a game that reviews well", not "we're making this trash but we know people will buy it".

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think this is as odd or stupid as people are suggesting. They've clearly had a history for prioritising turn-around over quality. They're probably well aware of the effect this has had on the brand. There's been no true excitement for a Sonic game for years except for a throwback, but Sonic should be a series that is technically impressive enough to draw attention from across the industry. Forces was a total fucking joke. And this is Sega's meal ticket. Its about time they started treating it better.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
200.gif

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
I'm really hoping they accomplish this too--especially now that they have a writer worth a damn.

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like they're SO CLOSE to getting it there with that "High scoring review games sell better" but somehow they've still misssed the point

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
I have at least SOME hope for the story this go around since apparently Ian Flynn's writing. At the very least I hope for more anime cheesy than dad jokes like we've got in recent decades.

Not saying he's a perfect writer, but he did a lot to bring Archie Sonic back from the brink and was doing really well there until everything got Pendered to hell and back near the end. Haven't actually read the IDW stuff though.