• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Halo 3 definitely has a great one. The entire warthog run with the music playing and the end cutscenes.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
hqdefault.jpg

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I don't wanna post any of 'em, because spoilers. But, off the top of my head, the most recent endings that really elevated and "cemented" a game for me:
  • Fire Emblem Awakening
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • God of War (2018)
  • Red Dead Redemption II
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is this a troll thread? If not, FF7's ending cannot be topped. So perfect. Totally profound. Symbolic. Didn't have to spell anything out but you feel exactly what they want you to feel. Clouds close up. Camera panning away from Holy, Meteor, Midgar, and the incoming Lifestream. I cannot understand how they nailed it so perfectly.

I really loved FFXV's ending also. But it felt like it needed a little more.

OP
OP
battleborn27

battleborn27

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Is this a troll thread? If not, FF7's ending cannot be topped. So perfect. Totally profound. Symbolic. Didn't have to spell anything out but you feel exactly what they want you to feel. Clouds close up. Camera panning away from Holy, Meteor, Midgar, and the incoming Lifestream. I cannot understand how they nailed it so perfectly.

I really loved FFXV's ending also. But it felt like it needed a little more.
Why would this be a trill thread? The ending I posted in the OP isn't great, but it's definitely a classic.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Actually Xenoblade 2's ending is super memorable to me. Everything about the last chapter is so good, but specifically everything after you beat the final boss is really great. It's such a unique visual spectacle, such a dramatic ending to a grand adventure. You wouldn't think an ending could do justice to an 80 hour game, but it totally does.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of great endings have already been said so I'll add GoWs endings. Don't want to spoil anything but it has emotional impact, some twists and a great set up for a sequel.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
The Last of Us
Silent Hill 2
ICO
Shadow of the Colossus
Jet Set Radio Future
Super Mario Odyssey
Yakuza 0... Kiwami… Kiwami 2... 4... haven't played the others yet, but they'd probably be here too if I had.
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
Nier Automata
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne
Portal
Life is Strange
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Last edited:

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017

I forgot about this fucking game, lmao.

I unironically think that G and Washington have the best chemistry in any game.

Where's my motherfucking sequel goddammit.

Man I loved this game on the wii, didnt remember how amazing it was until i saw the video again. Holy shit, the game is 10 years old already.
You are right G and Washington were incredible.
Does this game has the best most fun story of any shooter on rails? because I really think so.

I always wanted G and Washington driving the ice cream van on the sega kart games.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
The first 3 Metal Gear Solids easily

Poor Naked Snake I just want to give him a hug

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
Video game endings, like video game stories, are usually pretty awful.

That said:

The Last Of Us
Portal
Portal 2
Inside
Mother 3

preta

Oct 25, 2017
The ending of The Missing is one of the most emotionally affecting moments I have ever experienced in a game. Perhaps the most. And the reward for 100% completion is an absolutely perfect cherry on top that made me bawl all over again.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Not gonna lie if I were to ever get a tag on this site I really want it to say "the Black Dragon live on!". Cause I swear that clip in the OP is some god level shit.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Final Fantasy 8
Final Fantasy 9
Final Fantasy 10
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Pokémon Black and White

Really impactful endings in all of them, and music plays a big part in how well they pulled it off.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
The Last Guardian
ICO
Shadow of the Colossus
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Uncharted 4
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Max Payne 2
Red Dead Redemption
Yakuza 0

All these excellent games have super strong endings. The icing on the cake.

CatSoul

Nov 7, 2018
Hey You, Pikachu!

Being forced to use the mic to say 'goodbye' to a sad Pikachu for his own good only for him to come back messed with my head.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Mass Effect 1's ending coupled with M4 Fausts as the credit song.

I agree... with the credit song at least. Kinda sad, but M4 was by far the biggest highlight of the game for me. Hardly remember a thing about the plot of the game beside a certain choice dilemma (which was weak IMO), but I still regularly listen to that song.