• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I couldn't stomach to watch the entire video. Holy shit the pure dread in his voice.
I feel sick and angry. Why is this continued to be allowed? Why do they get fucking paid leave?
This is at the fucking least manslaughter and nothing else. He needs to be put away and his partner needs to lose his fucking job for enabling this and not intervening.
Fucking power tripping scum.

Why is the US police so bizarre compared to other western countries?
This ain't just manslaughter. Staying on top of him that long with that many people telling him to stop leads me to believe it's murder.

It was a slow killing act that continued uninterrupted even when the victim lost consciousness. It's intentional and methodical.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Good, but not enough. The scumbag kneeling on him needs to be charged.

The police union said this is not the time to rush to judgment.
LMAO. When is it ever the time to address this repeating shit? Fucking enabler.

edit:
Still, this is not murder as per definition and shouldn't be handled as that.
First-degree murder
Any intentional murder that is willful and premeditated with malice aforethought. Felony murder, a charge that may be filed against a defendant who is involved in a dangerous crime where a death results from the crime,[12] is typically first-degree.[13]Second-degree murderAny intentional murder with malice aforethought, but is not premeditated or planned in advance.[14]

Voluntary manslaughter
Sometimes called a crime of passion murder, is any intentional killing that involves no prior intent to kill, and which was committed under such circumstances that would "cause a reasonable person to become emotionally or mentally disturbed". Both this and second-degree murder are committed on the spot under a spur-of-the-moment choice, but the two differ in the magnitude of the circumstances surrounding the crime. For example, a bar fight that results in death would ordinarily constitute second-degree murder. If that same bar fight stemmed from a discovery of infidelity, however, it may be mitigated to voluntary manslaughter.[15]

Involuntary manslaughter
A killing that stems from a lack of intention to cause death but involving an intentional or negligent act leading to death. A drunk driving–related death is typically involuntary manslaughter (see also vehicular homicide, causing death by dangerous driving, gross negligence manslaughter and causing death by criminal negligence for international equivalents). Note that the "unintentional" element here refers to the lack of intent to bring about the death. All three crimes above feature an intent to kill, whereas involuntary manslaughter is "unintentional", because the killer did not intend for a death to result from their intentional actions. If there is a presence of intention it relates only to the intent to cause a violent act which brings about the death, but not an intention to bring about the death itself.[16]

Like it or not this is involuntary manslaughter and will be judged as that. I hope with max penalty and hopefully for years.

Last edited:

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
There needs to be harsher penalties for police misconduct, and they should not be allowed to investigate themselves.

Also, there should be a bust a see exception that allows one to intercede when the police are obviously partaking in a crime, complete with stripping them of immunity and allowing it to the civilian if they reasonably believe the action of the officer are illegal.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck man! This shit needs to fucking end.

That cop knew what he was doing. He kept pressing down knowing exactly what was happening.

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to have faith man.
Like, at this point I will take just an old fashioned police brutality ass whupping where it's just a few broken bones.

It's like, how hard can it be not to murder someone in day to day policing? This wasn't a crazy shootout, it wasn't a case of the cops not knowing what was happening since in addition to the victim ("he might have been lying") you hear an off the clock EMS worker admonishing and asking to see the now limp victim.

The bar is so so so low, but we can't even hit that as a mark. Like, just don't murder us. Can we achieve that?

I heard a joke that was funny until it wasn't. To paraphrase, "We ain't even looking for all the rights. We just want the civil ones. Can you just be civil to us?

I just watched the video and I feel sick, that poor poor man.

I hope the murdering scum rots in jail.

Quick question, if the cops get away with the murder / don't face charges can they become cops again in another state?, I'm not sure how it works over in the US.

Dude, if the case is dropped, they don't need to go to the next state. They can go to the neighboring city if they're metro police.

The Mayor and Police chief look like they're actually holding the cops accountable. Let's see if prosecution against those officers happen. It isn't a good look if the amount of COVID cases jump up because of protests when a cop kills someone in cold blood without repercussions.

And this WILL spark protests. Dude killed a man while folks are begging him to stop? Bruh...

Fergie

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
England m8.
Downright fucked up he's just watching a man slowly die without a single bit of remorse.

Derek Chauvin has a history of complaints and this POS still walks the street and today murders a man.

Enrages me he's just nonchalantly walking around after doing it. Serve and protect you know. Just absolutely ridiculous shit like that can go down year after year.

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The catch is that cops get arbitration from the Union so they could be back on the job within a year. Not sure that happens if they are convicted.

Are they allowed arbitration if they aren't employed as law enforcement? I'm curious if job termination removes the union benefits.

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Good on leadership shit canning these fucking brutes instead of years of covering for them with paid vacations while they look for new jobs.

Now give all your officers mandatory training so they know this shit ain't cool.
Way better than the NYPD, where the asshole cop took many years to even get fired. And when he was fired the NYPD starting to mutiny by doing an unofficial work stoppage.

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
Good on leadership shit canning these fucking brutes instead of years of covering for them with paid vacations while they look for new jobs.

Now give all your officers mandatory training so they know this shit ain't cool.
This is bad enough that even r/ProtectAndServe is condemning it and calling for the officer to face criminal charges, and that place is a hive of non cops scrambling to excuse police brutality and bad uses of force.

Oct 25, 2017
Im sure they'll chime in any minute. They are busy playing basketball with inner city youths and walking old ladies across the street. These PR stunts don't film themselves!
They're giving out traffic citations, but instead of traffic tickets for bad drivers they're giving gift cards to good drivers! Awwww how cute. And look at this k-9 unit. What a good pupper! Awwwwww. And this cop can breakdance! Cool!

Copaganda on local news programs always ramps up whenever there's a high profile police brutality case.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is disgusting. I watched the full video and I literally want to die. I've had 3 screwdrivers and I need more.

Just a disgusting display of awful humanity.

Cop seems to have links to white supremacy based on his FB feed. I hope to God they hit him with at least a murder 2.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
From my Facebook:

Bird Boss at Thigh Times Birdhouse

PLEASE SHARE

At 6 a.m. today I was contacted by the Washington Post regarding the killing of George Perry Floyd. They thought I still owned the location where Funky Grits was on 38th & Chicago. They were looking for the first half of footage, before Mr. Floyd was on the ground and died.

Luckily, the new restaurant owner Rashad West (Dragon Wok) is a close friend. I coordinated the safe retrieval of this important footage. Rashad and his family are in this location to promote another minority-owned business and help grow love. They have asked me to coordinate this video release to protect the community and protect the truth of a horrible act by authorities. Their hearts are heavy today, as are all of ours. Their cameras saw the entire arrest before the horrendous video we all saw today.

WE HAVE THE ONLY FOOTAGE THE POLICE DO NOT HAVE, AND WE HAVE SHARED IT WITH THE WASHINGTON POST! IT WILL BE RELEASED SOON.

The FBI came this morning with warrants and took footage from the other area businesses.

Mr. Floyd was handcuffed without resistance and listened to the officers. They walked him across the street, laid him down.....and you saw the rest. This was murder.

I am posting this to protect the TRUTH, the Southside, Minneapolis and black men. This footage is safe and unedited.

Nekima Levy Armstrong Angela Conley Andrea Jenkins Jacob Frey et al
(Please reach out for access)

I can only hope this added perspective is enough to put at least the primary perpetrator away

Oct 27, 2017
Klobuchar, who's being favorited as Biden's running mate, comes out with a pretty tepid response unsurprisingly.

Her not explicitly putting accountability on the police force/ police officers while acknowledging this is another instance of a black man losing his life is hot garbage not to mention the next statement that removes the gravity from the fact that this is a unique problem that black people within this country face

Interested to see what kind of tepid response we get out of biden

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
I had to skip ahead in video when I first watched it because of time. I skipped ahead 5 minutes and his knee was still on his neck. What the fuck. Sickening.

Deleted member 8752

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Good, but not enough. The scumbag kneeling on him needs to be charged.

LMAO. When is it ever the time to address this repeating shit? Fucking enabler.

edit:
Still, this is not murder as per definition and shouldn't be handled as that.

Like it or not this is involuntary manslaughter and will be judged as that. I hope with max penalty and hopefully for years.
Second-degree murder: Any intentional murder with malice aforethought, but is not premeditated or planned in advance.

Malice aforethought: 1) the conscious intent to cause death or great bodily harm to another person before a person commits the crime. Such malice is a required element to prove first degree murder. (2) a general evil and depraved state of mind in which the person is unconcerned for the lives of others.

I'm not aware of that state's laws, but it's certainly not outside the realm of possibility here that this could be a second degree murder. I don't see how it's not up for a jury to decide whether it's second degree murder, if the state's law has such a crime.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
This is going around on Twitter, people saying it's the cop (Derek Chauvin). I'm not sure if I can believe this is real, it's just too perfect in the worst fucking way. Best case scenario, it's still a MAGA hat, though – and that doesn't surprise me at all.

[Mod edit: picture removed. Let's not post unverified content please.]

Photoshop experts, what do you say? "Make" and "Whites" look misaligned

Last edited by a moderator:

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Saw the video before coming here.

My blood is boiling.

Then to find out one of them had a prior incident where they apparently shot an unarmed person? I'm livid. I'm actually livid right now.

This entire system needs a fucking overhaul that will never fucking happen. And all these murderers will get is paid leave. Guaranteed.

Solary

Banned
Nov 20, 2019
User banned (permanent): advocating murder
I honestly thought you guys were exaggerating until I just watched the video.

fuck your police, I hope someone kills that pig.

How can you literally kill someone so slowly in cold blood without any expression on your face. Stone cold serial killer