• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just a warning, the video is fucking rough. I couldn't make it through two minutes.

www.cbsnews.com

Video shows Minneapolis cop with knee on neck of motionless, moaning man who later died

The video shows the man, identified as George Floyd, groaning and saying repeatedly, "I can't breathe."

A video taken by an onlooker Monday evening shows a Minneapolis police officer keeping his knee on the neck of a motionless, moaning man at the foot of a squad car. The man later died.

A police statement said officers responded to a report of a "forgery in progress."

"Officers were advised that the suspect was sitting on top of a blue car and appeared to be under the influence," the statement said. "Two officers arrived and located the suspect, a male believed to be in his 40s, in his car. He was ordered to step from his car.
"After he got out, he physically resisted officers. Officers were able to get the suspect into handcuffs and noted he appeared to be suffering medical distress. Officers called for an ambulance."

The man died soon after
, the statement said, adding, "At no time were weapons of any type used by anyone involved in this incident. … Body worn cameras were on and activated during this incident."
The video, captured by Darnella Frazier, begins with the man, who is black, groaning and saying repeatedly, "I can't breathe" to the officer with his knee on the man's neck. The officer is white.

"Please," he pleads. "I can't breathe," and continues to moan.

An officer keeps insisting he get in car he keeps saying he can't.

"My stomach hurts. My neck hurts. Everything hurts. … (I need) water or something. Please. Please. I can't breathe, officer. … I cannot breathe. I cannot breathe." That was followed by more groaning.

Minneapolis police at it again.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
That man who murdered him couldn't even look at their faces he had every intention of murdering him. He looked like he was trying to hide his face too while doing it. Sickening i hope there is some justice in this world and he will face some jail time if any.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wtf, that was straight up murder. That cop had to have known that was lethal force, and he never stopped even after the guy was obviously unconscious.

I'm interested to know if there was history between the cop and the guy on the floor, because it looks an awful lot like the cop just wanted to get rid of the guy once and for all.

finfinfin

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
A forgery in progress? Was he copying the car? Is this the guy the "you wouldn't download a car" thing was warning us about?

Also, fucking murderers.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Kept his knee on the neck even when the EMTs were there with the gurney. These are slave catchers not law officers

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
My girlfriend just told me about this. Literally every new detail she listed about it was infuriating. I can't watch the video, though. The Minneapolis mayor already started by stating the obvious that this man should be alive. I would hope that this is the beginning of bringing the cops to justice and major reform but that would be naive.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
dunno guys, I see only bad apples in this bunch.

I hope the victim's family will get justice.

OP
OP
Camwi

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I don't really get the forgery thing, unless that was just an error on CBS's part.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
Going to burst open my eyes today reading all this. RIP. Hope the family gets some closure on this garbage

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Minny police long been on some bullshit. fucking inhumane bastard. makes me sick to my stomach, that dude was out and that piece of shit still had his knee on his neck like it was nothing. what the fuckkkkkkkk. dude was just trying to live and did nothing to deserve that treatment. fucking hell, we just watched a snuff film basically. just like with eric garner.

ACAB

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
People passing out, bleeding from the nose, and pissing themselves is the normal use of force

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
" Two of the officers involved have been put on paid administrative leave, the department says." They get rewarded for murdering someone wtf.

ACAB

Ixian

Nov 25, 2018
That video is insane, holy fuck. 10 minutes of absolutely no care or concern, not even enough to check his fucking pulse despite all the onlookers pointing out he hadn't moved. Absolutely disgusting, these are the people that are supposed to protect Americans?

From the guy in the video talking about him being the reason the cops were called, I assumed the forgery in progress to mean that the victim was suspected by a shop clerk/owner of using fake currency.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Sickening. Ill say it again, until the police REALLY feel that their lives would be in danger after incidents like this; they will continue. The only ones who could have stopped this was the crowd that unfortunately got traumatized themselves. Only time US police care about community policing and focusing on de-escalating when the power dynamic in a situation has shifted (I remember the somber tone focused on healing division after the Dallas police shooting tragedy, particularly because I read news stories about Dallas going out of their way to improve)

Right now the excuse they use to murder people is that 'Well, it's them or us'. If they knew that excessive violence would be met in kind, maybe they would be more motivated to de-escalate.

Because now, what happens. They paint him as 'not an angel' as if being drunk or high is a capital offense. They get put on administrative leave. They say because he was drunk or high he was fighting back against him they kept his knee on his neck.

Maybe they go for bonus points and say 'We kept him down because we feared the growing crowd might act erratically and put us and him in danger"

For some reason there isn't anything in their local police rulebook about knees on necks. As a result the local police union will say 'Well, the cops weren't given proper guidance'. They will keep their jobs, the city will cut a check to the family of the deceased that gets buried in a budget, and tomorrow another 'not an angel' dies.

Smoshow

Oct 25, 2017
Once you have the person in cuff, why continue to drive your knee into their kneck? Zero regard for another human being

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that the cop shows 0 emotion while he's doing that, as if this is his standard procedure, says a whole lot. I hope someone steps on his throat for 20 minutes.

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
^sounds like he would have had some fake money.

When the paramedics didn't even strap him down you knew he was dead.

THE210

Nov 30, 2017
My bet is they start talking about underlying medical conditions being the real culprit. If we get to the point of charges being filed I'm sure the covid 19 hero talk will provide cover as well.
I'm not looking forward to all the cop's mocking his death by suffocation that I m sure will be posted.

Oct 28, 2017
I cannot say what I want to say without risking a ban. If you can watch this video and not feel a sense of heartbreak and fury, then I don't know what to say.

Inyourprime

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking thugs got another one. On the man's neck for what three minutes? And the other one just standing there like nothing is wrong. I am so fucking tired of this shit.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Even the arriving EMT didn't bother getting that murderer off of the victim's neck. People (EMT) whose job it is to save lives just casually acting like "well it's a cop, what are you going to do?"

Oct 27, 2017
As it should be stated in every single one of these threads, fuck all pigs.

Another day, another assault on non-white skin by state sanctioned lynch mobs.

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wtf, that was straight up murder. That cop had to have known that was lethal force, and he never stopped even after the guy was obviously unconscious.

I'm interested to know if there was history between the cop and the guy on the floor, because it looks an awful lot like the cop just wanted to get rid of the guy once and for all.
I'm sure the man being black was enough of a motive.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
How can it ever be justified to pin a person down for an extended time using your knee on their neck? I get it can happen briefly while they cuff him to prevent whatever dangerous situation is unfolding, but this is straight up murder by suffocation.

Of course the officers will just take a small paid vacation and be found to have done nothing wrong because the police never does anything wrong, fucking disgusting.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
As it should be stated in every single one of these threads, fuck all pigs.

Another day, another assault on non-white skin by state sanctioned lynch mobs.

Is that not excessive? My cousin is a cop and says he's one of the good one's. And I am 100% sure he wouldn't be the cop keeping the crowd away and covering up for his partner in the report after this happens.

Guise! We need to understand how hard it is to deal with unarmed men when you've got guns and tasers and batons. Imagine he tapped into his hulk strength and pushed the cop while getting away. I have gotten pushed before, you don't know how hard it hurts.

Seriously, after Covid I am going to give serious thought to living overseas. I think I am due for a different strain of gaslit racism

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
How can it ever be justified to pin a person down for an extended time using your knee on their neck? I get it can happen briefly while they cuff him to prevent whatever dangerous situation is unfolding, but this is straight up murder by suffocation.

Of course the officers will just take a small vacation and be found to have done nothing wrong, fucking disgusting.
A paid vacation too they get rewarded for killing people.

CNoodles

Banned
Mar 7, 2019
these cops are getting medieval on people these days. For ten whole minutes, this cop tortured this poor guy. If this cop don't go to jail with video evidence, there is no hope for minorities. Btw can someone say if a knee on the neck is illegal for a cop to do, like common sense says that cuts off oxygen and blood circulation .

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Watched the whole thing and it made my stomach turn. The guy can't breath and that cop keeps having his knee on his neck.

It's so sad and disgusting that this keeps on happening :(