• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
because the majority don't believe there's anything wrong with the police, and call us disruptive animals when we speak up

Yeah a black guy started kneeling at football games and a lot of white people lost their fucking shit. How disrespectful. This isn't the place. Now is not the time. Etc, etc. I tried arguing with other white people about this shit and it got so tiring. How do you guys put up with it all the fucking time?

I'm really just tired of seeing this shit. This motherfucker will get a slap on the wrist at most and then he'll get a job in another county and be just fine beating up black guys the rest of his life. Dude should be behind bars or 6 feet under, but instead he'll probably be inconvenienced with paid leave and a moving day.

JackSwift

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fuck the police. Fuck especially this police officer. Fuck those that both sides this shit. Fuck anyone who victim blames this. This shit has me heated. Piece of shit is no doubt stronger than this kid and has to resort to clear excessive force to control him? Piece of shit. And it enrages me to know that NOTHING will happen to this shit stain.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The 1992 LA Riots happened in Los Angeles, CA specifically because 4 cops, CAUGHT ON TAPE ruthlessly beating Rodney King , were acquitted of the charges.

Cops have been bad in California for a long, long time.

The Shield was actually based on a real thing, but in real life it wasn't just a handful of cops, it was 70+ cops.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Nah. There's trash within the police forces, definitely. I get pissed every time I see one of these videos. But the trash are normally outliers that get caught and shown nationwide (as they should be) and that leads to people thinking that all cops are bad. The big questions are...
  • How many of these cases go unreported due to fear?
  • How the hell do these people end up on the force in the first place?
The system definitely needs to be overhauled. Psychic evaluations need to be re-analyzed to figure out the issues that allow these people to enforce the law. We need better leaders, more significant consequences for the cops involved, more investigations into the police forces that allow these guys to stay on the payroll.
You seriously need to grow up and get some lived experience before you start trying to tell people that have been dealing with the justice system longer than you have been alive that they are wrong.

You straight up have no clue what the fuck you are talking about, so you would probably be better off not saying anything.

Wonderbrah

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
User banned (permanent): Defending police brutality. History of severe infractions.
I mean what would you rather have the officer do? Tase the kid? He's clearly resisting and trying to get away. I think I'd rather take a few half-assed punches than be incapacitated by thousands of volts of electricity and potentially slam my head on the sidewalk.

(I fully expect to be banned for this post.)

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
I've got fucked witj by police dozens of times minimal because I used to skate every day. We sued are police department cuz they manhandled a bunch of us one day.. they planned raid on us and arrested a bunch of us. Typically we'd run and get away but they had a dozen cars for skateboarders 🤡

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
I think if a non-compliant child can frustrate you into pummeling them, you probably don't have the mental maturity to walk around with a firearm.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
You seriously need to grow up and get some lived experience before you start trying to tell people that have been dealing with the justice system longer than you have been alive that they are wrong.

You straight up have no clue what the fuck you are talking about, so you would probably be better off not saying anything.

So all cops are automatically bad? That's bullshit. I'm not saying that there isn't shit wrong with the justice system, cause I've seen racial profiling first hand, but not all cops are bad.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad the kid isn't dead jfc I can't believe that's a thing that needs to be said

My brother-in-law and I were having and conversation once and we ended talking about police. He brought something up which I'm not sure many think about.

Growing up in high school can you recall those that you know if that specifically ended up being cops? He told me about how a few he knew and how they generally acted.

They were the type of people to lust over obtaining power over others - in some instances they were bullied. Happened to go also go to a high school where there were just way too much students. It was diverse as a body, but still a lot racial tension and you stuck with your same group.

Mix all that shit up and 20 years later and well...

Not saying all Cops came up like this, but I wouldn't be surprised.
It's well known enough to be an extremely common trope in entertainment.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Hasn't weed been legal in Cali for like 15 years now, wtf was his justification for even approaching him? I'm assuming when they said swisha they meant a blunt.

No crime was being committed.

I don't see how he doesn't get fired in this scenario.

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
So all cops are automatically bad? That's bullshit. I'm not saying that there isn't shit wrong with the justice system, cause I've seen racial profiling first hand, but not all cops are bad.
How many active cops are fighting against the system right now? Where are they when videos like this emerge? The "good cops" silence is deafening.

thesaint08

Apr 23, 2018
I mean what would you rather have the officer do? Tase the kid? He's clearly resisting and trying to get away. I think I'd rather take a few half-assed punches than be incapacitated by thousands of volts of electricity and potentially slam my head on the sidewalk.

(I fully expect to be banned for this post.)

Your wish...

Are they the only choices?

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
First the "good cops" are the outliers not the other way around. More importantly if you protect all cops for being cops, dont speak up, follow the "thin blue line" etc, how good can you be even if your not doing it yourself.

Aiding and abetting is a thing, andyou would get charged either that or obstruction of justice if you don't report a crime or abuse of power, but it's okay for them to do and they get to still be "good"?

No.

Seriously I am trying to be nice and give you leeway since your so young, but you're wrong.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just saw the guys last name and the kid is definitely mixed with Polynesian. That shit hurts. Hopefully my people will know that even just being brown is enough to get looked at by cops.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, let me try to guess the skin — Yup.

Go ahead and keep worshipping that Thin Blue Line, though.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care what the kid's history is, or how long his rap-sheet is.

This is straight up fucked up.

Fuck you piggy.

Hellshy

Nov 5, 2017
Wait his uncle filmed this? If I was worried about my nephews safety I wouldn't be sitting back filming. I'd be jumping in to defend him.

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hasn't weed been legal in Cali for like 15 years now, wtf was his justification for even approaching him? I'm assuming when they said swisha they meant a blunt.

No crime was being committed.

I don't see how he doesn't get fired in this scenario.

And charged with assault.

I mean, I can see how he doesn't, but he absolutely should be.

Order

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok so the arguement is well my nephew isnt about to die so I'll just watch? Also how are we so positive the uncle would die but during this situation we know the kid will not?
because the second he moved closer and seemed like a threat he'd get shot and people on the internet would justify his death saying he shouldn't have interfered

this isn't hard

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Ok so the arguement is well my nephew isnt about to die so I'll just watch? Also how are we so positive the uncle would die but during this situation we know the kid will not?
Bro as soon as another person jumps in that pig is pulling his gun out. He would murder them both then, and the city would throw him a maga parade.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Wait his uncle filmed this? If I was worried about my nephews safety I wouldn't be sitting back filming. I'd be jumping in to defend him.

And the cops backup would arrive and beat or kill you too. Filming is often the only/best thing bystanders can do in these situations because it shines the light on it as best as they can. Had the uncle jumped in the Cop gets to claim he was jumped and twist the narrative in his favor.

Hellshy

Nov 5, 2017
because the second he moved closer and seemed like a threat he'd get shot and people on the internet would justify his death saying he shouldn't have interfered

this isn't hard

Well I dont really care about opinions when someone I care about is in danger. People could justify whatever they want.
And the cops backup would arrive and beat or kill you too. Filming is often the only/best thing bystanders can do in these situations because it shines the light on it as best as they can. Had the uncle jumped in the Cop gets to claim he was jumped and twist the narrative in his favor.

At what point do you stop filming and try to help though? I think I know plenty of people willing to risk a beating or arrest to save a loved one. Sometimes it's more important to help someone out then to shine a light. I could be wrong that it just hadn't escalated far enough yet risk stepping in but man would I find it hard to watch a cop hit a kid in front me.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Well I dont really care about opinions when someone I care about is in danger. People could justify whatever they want.

At what point do you stop filming and try to help though? I think I know plenty of people willing to risk a beating or arrest to save a loved one. Sometimes it's more important to help someone out then to shine a light. I could be wrong that it just hadn't escalated far enough yet risk stepping in but man would I find it hard to watch a cop hit a kid in front me.

When the person who is doing the beating is armed and has the ability to call upon more armed thugs to assist him, you think twice. The uncle stepping in could have gotten both he and his nephew killed in a heartbeat in that situation.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
My kid is 5. Even now my wife and I have discussed how to deal with this subject because we have zero faith law enforcement in the United States is going to change by the time she's older and possibly in a situation where she ends up interacting with law enforcement without us present.

We already have a series of age appropriate plans to teach her about various aspects of how her ethnicity can impact her experience with authority figures in this country. Now, here we are two random people doing all this planning for a 5 year old..

But law enforcement can't be expected to be equally prepared and trained to a child?? That's what irritates me. We expect the person being detained not to show emotion, get afraid and pull away with no real intent to cause harm to the officer, but when it comes to our expectations of police we seem to lower the bar for them but raise it for civilians.

"Well, teach your kid not be criminal scum!" is the common retort. But what happens when we refuse to teach law enforcement the same thing? This. This is what happens. Compounded with the fact they're more likely to view black people as criminals. By default.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not hard to understand why the uncle wouldn't jump in. He could've been thinking as soon as he makes a move he's dead and possibly his nephew is dead too

the_id

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain to me how this amount of force used on a minor is allowed?

How is this a proportionate use of force?

Deleted member 30411

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017

Gestures broadly at every story a black person is killed by police in the US for not complying well enough to the polices liking.

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't need to watch the video, cause it will make my stomach turn.

Fuck this guy.

Tiny kid, giant cop, completely unjustified level of force.

Should be facing battery charges, but that's never going to happen here in America.