• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TameLucas

May 30, 2019
Montreal

WindowsCentral did an amazing preview video of the new Xbox Store. It includes some details on filtering / sorting content at the end of the video.

--

This looks amazing.
I also hope it's fast, as this is my main problem with current store

OP
OP
TameLucas

TameLucas

May 30, 2019
Montreal
Really hoping this design language is used across the entire Series X OS.

I feel like we don't really need many updates to the overall dashboard - the recent ones already did an amazing job at simplifying it, adding new features and making it fast - but a fresh coat of paint with this new design language would be awesome!

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Could be the first console that doesn't lose features from the O/S moving between generations.

I expect hardware features will go like kinect and TV in.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Incredible - hopefully it's snappy, and easy to navigate. The XBO app has been steadily getting better but it sometimes hitches and slows down way more than I'd like. I also hope finding shared screens and videos is way easier to navigate.

Kemono

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks kinda good. Like a smart app from a tv.

1. Where are the ads? I don't really believe that this runs without ads.
2. The incoming trailers from the right don't look so nice imo. Why not fade them in? It looks annoying that the black screen is coming in every time i change the item.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
The Store was one of the clunkiest and worst part of the XB1 UI, so very happy to see that it is getting a complete overhaul. Well overdue, but appreciated. Curious if we'll see more areas revamped like that as they head into a new console generation

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Pretty nice, I cant stand the current Xbox store so this is awesome, now if Sony could just please freaking fix their crappy store as well that'd be great.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Looks a ton better than the current store. It's one of my most hated aspects of the Xbox One UI.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Looks like a huge improvement over... Everything they've done recently! I'm impressed.

I wonder if it will be shown off this month for their June thing?

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Sega had a console named Saturn! Coincidence?!?!?!!!

But seriously, that looks pretty solid. Hope to see more soon.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Great to see. The current Xbox Store is pretty bad. The way it loads a full-screen video and requires you to push down (after the video grinds everything to a halt) to actually see information/purchase the game is particularly unpleasant.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks fantastic, and very modern. Looking forward to seeing it on a Series X.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really hoping this design language is used across the entire Series X OS.

I feel like we don't really need many updates to the overall dashboard - the recent ones already did an amazing job at simplifying it, adding new features and making it fast - but a fresh coat of paint with this new design language would be awesome!
I came here to post the exact same thing. It looks so lovely that I'd love for it to be the default design language for the SX.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Having multiple editions bundled into one main page for the game is a huge, much needed change.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Great to see. The current Xbox Store is pretty bad. The way it loads a full-screen video and requires you to push down (after the video grinds everything to a halt) to actually see information/purchase the game is particularly unpleasant.
On the Microsoft Store on Xbox, hit the hamburger icon in the top right and under settings I believe there is an option to turn off autoplay videos.

FatherCashew

Dec 5, 2019
Looks kinda good. Like a smart app from a tv.

1. Where are the ads? I don't really believe that this runs without ads.
2. The incoming trailers from the right don't look so nice imo. Why not fade them in? It looks annoying that the black screen is coming in every time i change the item.

Agree completely with #2. Hoping there's some polishing left to do and they'll touch up those weird transitions.

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
This looks great. The store is by far the biggest problem with the current Xbox UI. Not opening to a full screen trailer when selecting a game that makes everything become unresponsive for a few seconds will be a big improvement by itself.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
This looks great. The store is by far the biggest problem with the current Xbox UI. Not opening to a full screen trailer when selecting a game that makes everything become unresponsive for a few seconds will be a big improvement by itself.
You can turn the autoplay trailers off. Hamburger menu, top right.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Does every single thing need a code name? :v

Yes.
Internal names are needed because the marketing department has a lot of input for the final name of pretty much any product.

The department might call this version of the Store something different so the UI/UX team, the development team and whoever else is working on this before it hits market need something to call it thus the need for code names.....remember the Store has already gone through multiple names most likely decided by the marketing guys.

On Topic
The background changing according to the tile selected A+
The tiles being live and playing trailers/gameplay A+
Aero blur A+ The only good thing Vista ever did.

I think its a safe bet the Dashboard 2020 is going to be using this Fluent design language.
Now where is the eye searing light theme!!!!!!