• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone knew about the bad intelligence. I'm not being glib but op, everyone knew.

everyone. We had the secretary of defense holding prop uranium.

Yup, and the American people wanted war as much as Bush wanted to provide it for them. People wanted revenge, and they didn't care if it was the right people or not.

Nancy going out against it at the time wouldn't have stopped it.

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, and the American people wanted war as much as Bush wanted to provide it for them. People wanted revenge, and they didn't care if it was the right people or not.

Nancy going out against it at the time wouldn't have stopped it.

Which comes back to the centrism = cowardice.

Won't do the right thing if they think it's going to be unpopular. People are dying en masse and the other side is frantically yanking the Overton window one way but the pragmatists are hiding behind approval ratings. Whatever it takes to ensure a long career in politics is their sole guiding principle.

Oct 25, 2017
The absolute anger I have for people like Pelosi is bloody colossal.

So much suffering. Even if it led to the same result, you could've done something to help mitigate this.
But no, you have to maintain a ''way of life''.

Much as these career politicians hope that people will forget about this, it'll continue to come up. And my hope, is that it'll be the end of them.
The time for letting them get away with this has to end soon.

They can talk in their podcast interviews, talk in these shows, claim that this is all in the name of pragmatism, cry about ''purity tests'' and lie all they want.
It will not go away.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Winning isn't enough if it's going to lead to more Obama like administrations.

Where people are fine with Middle Easterners being massacred along with a litany of other abuses in other foreign countries as long as they have the Dems back.
There has to be more, there needs to be more than that.
Stop voting for politicians like this. Primary them. Get someone in place who will dismantle the military industrial complex and won't start BS wars it mislead the public.

People will claim it's a purity test, but when people are dying it's pretty clear those who claim purity tests are just bootlicking.

These are war crimes. If any other country did this we'd be sanctioning them.
Absolutely. This kind of foreign policy cannot continue. We as a country cannot continue to destroy millions of lives for the sake of political posturing or oil or 'communism' or whatever else.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
The fucking nerve of pretending to be progressive allies just because you go "Trump bad!" while banning people for expecting those same allies to care enough about devastating an entire region for generations and do the bare minimum of speaking up against an illegal war predicated on nothing but lies, ego and greed.

Preach dude

A big reason why I think sanders is the only candidate worth a shit is because of his foreign politics

Ary F.

Oct 30, 2017
I'm studying and training to be a Human Rights barrister. The absolute fury I have for people like Pelosi is why I keep going even when the most heinous cases make their way across my desk.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017

It's interesting to think about whether a poster would get banned if they showed up in a thread and called Kissinger "the gold standard" or argued that innocent people killed in drone attacks were justified.

There's a strange disconnect between the supposed values of this site and the people who are allowed to be stanned for here.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sorry, even with the explanation from the mod here, how is this in anyway acceptable? There really needs to be a serious discussion with regards to moderation in political discussions. Hell, where is our representation on the leftist front? Is our view not acceptable here or what?

Helio and Inuhanyou said nothing here that would warrant a ban, in a place where war criminals and the like are defended, these are the posts that get derided?
Where struggle sessions are constantly had, simply asking others to note that the politicians they love so much happen to be completely terrible people.

That is banworthy? That is considered trolling? I've been having this experience for months, I've had to ignore some liberals here because they refused to read my POV and regard it as emotional nonsense. I've seen other leftists here go through the same experience, time and time again.

Are we a nuisance here or what?

What I'm asking here, is for this to be reconsidered, the past few days have been particularly annoying, the claims of "fuelling wars between communities" is rich considering I've had to ignore several people for disingenuously claiming my posts were banworthy in another thread, where they had to conjure up narratives and claim that I was such and such. And I couldn't say shit about it.

There absolutely is a specific bias here, and we should be allowed to call it out. Otherwise why hold anyone accountable?

I'm very sorry for derailing the thread for others. But I had to vent. I hope some of what I'm saying makes sense and honestly, all I want is for the moderation to be better and more transparent.
helio always works to drag conversations into the shitter tho. he's being banned for a long history of trying to render conversations angry non-funcitonal messes because that's just how he posts.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
More than a few presidents should've been subject to impeachment proceedings tbh.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
It's interesting to think about whether a poster would get banned if they showed up in a thread and called Kissinger "the gold standard" or argued that innocent people killed in drone attacks were justified.

There's a strange disconnect between the supposed values of this site and the people who are allowed to be stanned for here.

Or if that poster started arguing for and supporting torture like waterboarding. As Nancy did (and she lied about it as hard as any GOP lies about anything when they get caught)

This is pragmatism at action. This cynical cowardice and information control is what people excuse or, if you're truly depraved, willfully celebrate.

We can absolutely do better, and it starts with demanding better from those who wield power.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

This happens all the damn time.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Preach dude

A big reason why I think sanders is the only candidate worth a shit is because of his foreign politics

Ah, but you see, we shouldn't vote for Bernie because... *checks list*

Pragmatism
He would disillusion voters by promising too much
He's angry and he shouts a lot

No, I think we should go for an establishment Dem again. Let's let go of the rope and see if we win the tug-of-war. It'll work this time.

shamanick

Oct 29, 2017
It's difficult to convey the profound disgust with Pelosi and anyone who had this knowlege. So many wasted lives.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, but see, we wouldn't want that way of life here in America. Where we impeach war hungry presidents. Better that brown people overseas have their way of life disrupted with death and violence instead.

What an obscenely shallow justification. How devoid of humanity can someone be?

Deleted member 8860

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
And yet we see generalisations about Trump voters and Bernie bros being made ALL the time and nobody bats an eyelid, fuck that weak explanation.

Those bans for Helio and Inuhanyou are a perfect example of how this place is a reflection of US Liberalism. Speaking out against war criminals is a dumb mistake if it isn't politically advantageous. To hell with the death and devastation that will affect millions of innocent people in the Middle East, it's all about those polls.

Same with political discussion here, it's about civility and tone and it's fucking bullshit. Galaxy brain centrists shit up political threads going "WELL ACKHSUALLLYYY..." and defending/handwaving war criminals and those people who were complicit. Ignoring the plight of minorities and the oppressed unless they can get a nice little PR boost from it. Lecturing black people with "Do you want four more years of Trump?" and telling them to suck it up and accept shitty candidates because "Who else are you gonna vote for?".

The fucking nerve of pretending to be progressive allies just because you go "Trump bad!" while banning people for expecting those same allies to care enough about devastating an entire region for generations and do the bare minimum of speaking up against an illegal war predicated on nothing but lies, ego and greed.

Free Helio. Free Inuhanyou.

We saw the same in the Obama-Flint thread, and we'll continue to see the same in all the "political" threads on this site. Don't criticize war criminals or those that whitewash crimes against humanity, lest you get banned.

Etc moderation is disgusting. It took a massive outcry from posters for the mods to even offer a fig leaf after the shit they pulled in the Trans Week Awareness thread.

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, this is fucking gross to see. I have admired some of Pelosi's acumen in the past but this is unacceptable. We need better leadership than this.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Can't wait til she gets primary'd. This is absolutely insane and disgusting.

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019
1. Make DC and Puerto Rico states

2. Stack the supreme court

3. Impeach every non qualified judge

4. Make investigations into gerrymandering and every member of congress mandatory

5. Overturn citizens united

6. Ban FOX news

boom America is saved

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Anybody who has ever peddled the "greatest Speaker in modern times" moniker should feel ashamed of themselves. Even if it's true, it's an indictment of our country and way of life, not any kind of praise for her.

Hypemaster

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Space
I'm absolutely fucking sick of this forum privileging the feelings of white American posters over everything else.

ERA is apparently a beacon of progressiveness on the internet, right? Great joke.

yeah it's pathetic, I'm wondering can us black/brown folks speak comfortably on here and vent out our frustrations that WE go through or are we gonna be tagged as "inflammatory"?

cnorwood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I messaged mods earlier for the obama thread but I encourage others to message them regarding this ban. Perhaps they will allow us a thread for a public discussion on these bans because its becoming increasingly clear that if you say something too damming of the democratic party you catch a ban. And if thats the way it is thats the way it is, but it'd be nice to be open about it for others to know.
You mean the site that is an offshoot to one of the top 5 hillaryclinton.com referrals is heavily centrist democrat leaning?

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is like the tenth thread in a row where the actual topic is completely drowned out by community warfare, ban whining, extreme toxicity and basically endless drama between posters/mods.

I'm tired of going over this topic, but something has to give in some form or another, this shit isn't getting better and ever since people feel free to openly shit on mods and use threads to lobby for ban removals, it's getting worse.

Hypemaster

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Space
This is like the tenth thread in a row where the actual topic is completely drowned out by community warfare, ban whining, extreme toxicity and basically endless drama between posters/mods.

I'm tired of going over this topic, but something has to give in some form or another, this shit isn't getting better and ever since people feel free to openly shit on mods and use threads to lobby for ban removals, it's getting worse.

they should try a different approach then instead of giving questionable bans and locking threads before people have a chance to even reply

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I think the answer is bad because it's wrong. Impeachment is always a political decision, Pelosi has said this prior and she knows it's true. Impeachment is a political process by nature, not purely a legalistic one, and Pelosi knows that there was no majority support for impeaching George W. Bush in 2007 for how the run-up to the Iraq War was justified to congress or the public. Beyond that, it would have hurt Democratic chances in 2008. If Bush were going to be impeached for anything by 2007 or 2008 it would have been for the Valerie Plame affair, which he seems to have been shielded from. Beyond that, though, what Pelosi doesn't want to say is that the public opinion had shifted on the war by 2007 and that it was political capital for Democrats going into 2008... it's an uncomfortable reality.

Impeachment is political and there's always political risk there. I think it's naive to think that impeachment is purely legalistic or purely some values-based decision. The case against Trump is as surefire an instance of congress using its impeachment power as there can be, and even still, it's a divisive political issue that has opportunity to backfire.

Deleted member 2620

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And yet we see generalisations about Trump voters and Bernie bros being made ALL the time and nobody bats an eyelid, fuck that weak explanation.

Those bans for Helio and Inuhanyou are a perfect example of how this place is a reflection of US Liberalism. Speaking out against war criminals is a dumb mistake if it isn't politically advantageous. To hell with the death and devastation that will affect millions of innocent people in the Middle East, it's all about those polls.

Same with political discussion here, it's about civility and tone and it's fucking bullshit. Galaxy brain centrists shit up political threads going "WELL ACKHSUALLLYYY..." and defending/handwaving war criminals and those people who were complicit. Ignoring the plight of minorities and the oppressed unless they can get a nice little PR boost from it. Lecturing black people with "Do you want four more years of Trump?" and telling them to suck it up and accept shitty candidates because "Who else are you gonna vote for?".

Free Helio. Free Inuhanyou.
preach

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
they should try a different approach then instead of giving questionable bans and locking threads before people have a chance to even reply

Yea, if you think the bans are questionable that's your opinion and you can share that opinion with mods via DM iirc . People getting got wasn't an issue till just recently, and now everyone think they have free reign to just openly complain about moderation out of the guise of "wanting transparency", which has completely nuked the discussion in threads the moment someone gets moderated.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Silencing minority voices and calling their views extreme toxicity is exactly why youre seeing this type of behavior.

Hypemaster

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Space
Yea, if you think the bans are questionable that's your opinion and you can share that opinion with mods via DM iirc . People getting got wasn't an issue till just recently, and now everyone think they have free reign to just openly complain about moderation out of the guise of "wanting transparency", which has completely nuked the discussion in threads the moment someone gets moderated.
nah, this has happened to several posters and shit needs to be laid out in the open and transparent because it's affecting a specific community on this site.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Silencing minority voices and calling their views extreme toxicity is exactly why youre seeing this type of behavior.

There is literally an entire thread of people saying pretty explicit stuff regarding Pelosi, and from what I've seen only two people were banned, one for only a week and another up for review because of the lengthy history of similar infractions.

So if the argument is "people are being silenced", I find it hard to believe that since there are endless threads repeating the same stuff from the same people.

Deleted member 5086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thread has devolved into the kind of inter-community war that we've received so many complaints about, and will have to stay locked.

Look, when members make inflammatory generalisations about each other, they get reported, and if we don't act on it the other side reciprocates and things escalate. If we do act on it, their allies blow up the thread. We've hit people on opposing sides for it in this very thread.

There's been plenty of this to go around, and to hear the feedback we get, everyone thinks the people they disagree with are getting away with too much.

By all means condemn Nancy Pelosi, the US Government, Capitalism, whatever -- many posters have been doing that and it's all good. But when you start generalising to the point where your fellow members are included in those attacks, we have to act or communities will start tearing each other apart.

We're going to leave this thread without further action in the hopes that people cool off. The primaries haven't even started yet; folks are going to have to find a way to coexist. We're only trying to keep the peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.