• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
Always a good time to remember that GWB was 10x the criminal and evil piece of shit Trump is. Trump is shockingly, publicly racist and he is cruel seemingly for nothing but the fun of it. He's also got advanced brain rot and is easily the dumbest person to ever be President.

BUT, he didn't start a war that killed a million people. Trump lies every day, but none of his lies have been an iota as damaging as the BIG lie GWB and his White House told about Iraqi WMDs.

GWB should have been frog marched out of office at minimum, and I'm basically OK with treating a vote for the Iraq war as a disqualifying mark against current politicians. Sure, I get it. Easy to get swept up in the moment. But you fucked up, and it's OK if you go away and someone else takes your place.

Kerwop

Dec 15, 2017
I think American exceptionalism is too ingrained at this point and nobody wants to seriously look in the mirror.

Civil war slave owners were allowed back into society as war heroes because the alternative was too difficult. Nixon gets pardoned and the media praises his comeback tour because the alternative is too difficult. GWB can't get impeached because it isn't politically practical and eventually becomes friends with Ellen.

It shocks me so many people get outraged about kids in cages after the GWB war crimes were swept under the rug so quickly. I bet 15 years from now the process of normalizing Trump and sweeping everything he did under the rug will be well under way and the pragmatists of the future will convince us its better that way.

OP
OP
BADMAN

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The thing that bugs me about Pelosi's public silence on her knowledge about the Iraq war is the assumption that it would be useless and/or it would hurt her career.

Too often it seems that Republicans get away with telling Americans what to think while Democrats are afraid of what Americans think and adjust their actions accordingly. This is how the Overton Window shifts towards the right.

Last edited:

Lord Fagan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
(beleagured sigh)

Yeah, I really think the 2020s would be much better without her leading the House Democrats.

After the last couple of weeks, I'm pretty sure Schiff would be solid, and could garner incredible support within the party.

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User banned (permanent): Long history of infractions for trolling, hostility to members and staff, mod whining, and fueling wars between communities
We gotta b real here mates, no self respecting lib gives a shit about brown people across the globe, no matter how many die due to US influence(regardless of the administration)

This thread is two pages and will soon be at the bottom of the heap along with every other genocide level disaster.

Its just the kind of comfortable mindset these types have, like Ellen for example. Its how she can get away with saying "you can be friends with people you disagree" to a war criminal and still have people lining up to defend it ad nauseum
It's becoming quite clear that Era mods have an anti-leftist bias. This post isn't inflammatory in any way and it's a pretty common leftist thought. Liberals will absolutely excuse the actions Democrats make in regards to foreign policy. We have so many people here who consider Obama to be a good president despite him killing a lot of brown people overseas. That shit just gets ignored or excused. we had a thread that basically said that Obama's only scandal was the tan suit thing, but how his drone strikes killed an American teenager was largely ignored.

This ban should be reversed.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's becoming quite clear that Era mods have an anti-leftist bias. This post isn't inflammatory in any way and it's a pretty common leftist thought. Liberals will absolutely excuse the actions Democrats make in regards to foreign policy. We have so many people here who consider Obama to be a good president despite him killing a lot of brown people overseas. That shit just gets ignored or excused. we had a thread that basically said that Obama's only scandal was the tan suit thing, but how his drone strikes killed an American teenager was largely ignored.

This ban should be reversed.
Accost the liberal hegemony = ban

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
We gotta b real here mates, no self respecting lib gives a shit about brown people across the globe, no matter how many die due to US influence(regardless of the administration)

This thread is two pages and will soon be at the bottom of the heap along with every other genocide level disaster.

Its just the kind of comfortable mindset these types have, like Ellen for example. Its how she can get away with saying "you can be friends with people you disagree" to a war criminal and still have people lining up to defend it ad nauseum
This ban is bullshit

god fucking damn this is why I dont do this shit around here

having to convince "allies" why human life is a thing to care about

this is bad for my health

Helio and other lefties, thanks for trying

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I messaged mods earlier for the obama thread but I encourage others to message them regarding this ban. Perhaps they will allow us a thread for a public discussion on these bans because its becoming increasingly clear that if you say something too damming of the democratic party you catch a ban. And if thats the way it is thats the way it is, but it'd be nice to be open about it for others to know.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
I messaged mods earlier for the obama thread but I encourage others to message them regarding this ban. Perhaps they will allow us a thread for a public discussion on these bans because its becoming increasingly clear that if you say something too damming of the democratic party you catch a ban. And if thats the way it is thats the way it is, but it'd be nice to be open about it for others to know.

Well, the person who was banned got unbanned, so it must have worked lol.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Weeks): Inflammatory comments, history of infractions
The thread on a 16 year old dying in ICE custody barely made it to two pages. This forum in general does not care about non-american / non-white lives.

If you try to say you do, you get accused of virtue signaling or of being ungrateful for incremental changes.

It is what it is.
The extremist left posters on this site are disingenous hypocrites who care more about having a boogeyman to rail against than actually confronting the reality of politics. Complaing about her decade old actions offer zero benefit to people suffering at this very moment. And if they have their way folks will continue to die at the expense of a ridiculous moral crusade.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Holy fuck. She had the knowledge and decided to not rally people around the fact the intel was bad? The US has spent trillions on that war.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
The extremist left posters on this site are disingenous hypocrites who care more about having a boogeyman to rail against than actually confronting the reality of politics. Complaing about her decade old actions offer zero benefit to people suffering at this very moment. And if they have their way folks will continue to die at the expense of a ridiculous moral crusade.

Why are strawmen of leftists fair game if generalizations of liberals aren't?

How do you know the people upset at her past actions don't also want change in the present?

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Fuck's sake, again?

How is this:

Fundamentally different in substance from this:

I mean, I feel like that's the quiet part that people are afraid of saying loud, isn't it?

In America, people actively want their politicians to value American lives more than the lives of foreigners. They want their politicians to treat foreign lives as expendable, especially by comparison to American lives. That's thought of as "pragmatism" and not "callousness so severe it should be utterly disqualifying because it shows you are a fundamentally broken human."

I'm going to assume it's not the Ellen bit. Because people have heaped contempt rightly on Ellen without issues. I assume it's not the two pages bit, because that's happened before and it'll happen again and posters begged for admins to sticky a thread about Chile (and someone pointed out a thread about a kid dying in ICE custody went to ground in ignonymy in this very thread, so that isn't it). Is the inflammatory generalization that liberals don't care about brown lives across the globe? Because I went one further and said Americans don't care about brown lives across the globe. Didn't have to specify exceptions, didn't have to say a damn thing, and my point was well-understood and taken in good faith.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Fuck's sake, again?

How is this:

Fundamentally different in substance from this:

I'm going to assume it's not the Ellen bit. Because people have heaped contempt rightly on Ellen without issues. I assume it's not the two pages bit, because that's happened before and it'll happen again and posters begged for admins to sticky a thread about Chile (and someone pointed out a thread about a kid dying in ICE custody went to ground in ignonymy in this very thread, so that isn't it). Is the inflammatory generalization that liberals don't care about brown lives across the globe? Because I went one further and said Americans don't care about brown lives across the globe. Didn't have to specify exceptions, didn't have to say a damn thing, and my point was well-understood and taken in good faith.

And I assume by the same whatever the fuck rules, this garbage shit will be banned too?

OP
OP
BADMAN

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is patently true. The loss of human life plays a very small factor in analyzing and critiquing the cost of US wars for the public. We sold ourselves as liberators in Iraq and destroyed their country, killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people in the process and completely destabilized the region. When Democratic politicians criticize the war, they criticize the monetary cost, the loss of US soldier's lives, and how little of our objective we've accomplished. Little respect is payed to the deaths of the people who's country we're raiding.

It seems the only time we're told by our politicians and the media give a shit about the people is in the lead up to the conflict, to give us righteous cause . Once in conflict, the people are quickly forgotten about or demonized. If we kill a terrorist leader and 50 civilians die, then it's simply collateral damage.

Look at how quickly the media and the Democrats were willing to let Trump fuck with Venezuela and how close we were to having the blood of innocent Venezuelans on our hands.

Maybe he was being inflammatory, but nothing he said was incorrect.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
I understand if hostile generalizations of forum posters are not allowed but what about political ideologies in general?

Seems like talking about "extreme left posters" falls into the former.

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EXTREME LEFT POSTS = people who aren't cool with up to 1 million dead based on a lie. She had the chance to give some justice to the victims of the Iraq War, but didn't. How long ago doesn't matter.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are strawmen of leftists fair game if generalizations of liberals aren't?

How do you know the people upset at her past actions don't also want change in the present?
You dont want change if you are unwilling to do what's necessary for it. A foundation for progress doesnt happen over night so you need to be more open to other options instead of just telling people to "fuck off" time after time.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
You dont want change if you are unwilling to do what's necessary for it. A foundation for progress doesnt happen over night so you need to be more open to other options instead of just telling people to "fuck off" time after time.

You are talking to a strawman again.

Prolepro

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
now watch this unmitigated bullshit go unpunished

Edit: Thank you, mods

Last edited:

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The insinuation that leftists don't actually care about ppl esp foreign ones more than libs given the fucking topic we're in is beyond laughable and frankly disingenuous af.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EXTREME LEFT POSTS = people who aren't cool with up to 1 million dead based on a lie. She had the chance to give some justice to the victims of the Iraq War, but didn't. How long ago doesn't matter.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Talking as if what you say is 100% fact. Justice? A failed impeachment attempt that would have eliminated other opportunities is justice? No, its you wanting to fight for the sake of fighting with no regard for what comes tomorrow. The belief that none of your choices could ever make things worse for people is what makes you extremists.

Prolepro

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
The insinuation that leftists don't actually care about ppl esp foreign ones more than libs given the fucking topic we're in is beyond laughable and frankly disingenuous af.
reminds me of something
giphy.gif

it's almost as laughable as the clip in question

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
History informs the present. It shows how holding republicans responsible can't happen when democrats are responsible too. It's why they can't bring up children in cages at the border too much, or get into the emolument clause, or tie Epstein to trump. It's why impeachment is forced to be narrowed down to just Russia and Ukraine stuff that doesn't effect or interest anyone who needs to be, because that's the one thing that is totally unique to Trump and not just normal corruption done to a higher extent.

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Talking as if what you say is 100% fact. Justice? A failed impeachment attempt that would have eliminated other opportunities is justice? No, its you wanting to fight for the sake of fighting with no regard for what comes tomorrow.
We already know what came tomorrow. Absolutely nothing. Pelosi didn't do shit about the information she had.
The belief that none of your choices could ever make things worse for people is what makes you extremists.
Oh I love being called extremist.

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
Are essentially only when it is pro-war is it pragmatic and anything else you're not an ally?

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
Is saying we shouldn't compromise on a war that ended in an entire region torn apart and millions of brown people dead extreme?

I don't understand what's being argued.

Shaun Solo

Oct 25, 2017

"accused of virtue signaling"

"being ungrateful for incremental change"

This is why I generally don't even bother posting in political threads.

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is saying we shouldn't compromise on a war that ended in an entire region torn apart and millions of brown people dead extreme?

I don't understand what's being argued.
Me neither. We already know that Pelosi didn't do anything, but somehow failed impeachment would have made things worse for people? I'm not following the logic

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
Everyone who has seen the UN speech with Powell on tv at the time knew the entire thing was bs, I remember that to this day and couldn't believe some of the members actually agreed, it was also clear they didn't agree because they were convinced but because of politics.

One of the first big public moments (at least for me) where it became painfully obvious that there are a bunch of amateures in high positions, trying to be clever and bullying the rest to get what they want.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
History informs the present. It shows how holding republicans responsible can't happen when democrats are responsible too. It's why they can't bring up children in cages at the border too much, or get into the emolument clause, or tie Epstein to trump. It's why impeachment is forced to be narrowed down to just Russia and Ukraine stuff that doesn't effect or interest anyone who needs to be, because that's the one thing that is totally unique to Trump and not just normal corruption done to a higher extent.
We dont even have to look back at history to see how certain actions do not lead to the outcome people insist they will. Trump is almost 100% going to be impeached but not convicted. A reasonable look at the circumstances can lead you to that understanding and that failed impeachments aren't justice.

We already know what came tomorrow. Absolutely nothing. Pelosi didn't do shit about the information she had.

Oh I love being called extremist.
In what reality could she have done anything that leads to a Trump conviction? You're are looking for a scapegoat.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I knew it was based on bad intel and I was a 9th grader.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be surprised about here.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Me neither. We already know that Pelosi didn't do anything, but somehow failed impeachment would have made things worse for people? I'm not following the logic

People would have just been so pissed off that an already unpopular and hated man was getting rightfully impeached over a litany of war crimes, lying, theft, and conspiracy that they would've revolted and ruined '06 and '08.

And after things have once again gone to shit under their power and influence and schemes, they want to keep doing the same thing because of course we're not crazy. Of course the planet isn't on fire and of course fascism isn't on the rise and our imperialist romps throughout the Middle East haven't wrecked the region for the few generations humans have left in that area.

So it's all good. Play ball, lie your fucking ass off by direct lying or omission, control the flow of information as to not get the plebs too riled up, protect the money, and let's keep make America great (again).

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're not following it because you dont think its possible to overreach. 2 years of the public telling you the same thing month after month, report after report, and yet you'd insist that if she just impeached him then the public would finally get behind the idea and not hold Dems accountable.

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
In what reality could she have done anything that leads to a Trump conviction? You're are looking for a scapegoat.
You're not following it because you dont think its possible to overreach. 2 years of the public telling you the same thing month after month, report after report, and yet you'd insist that if she just impeached him then the public would finally get behind the idea and not hold Dems accountable.
this has all been about Bush. Literally talking about the Iraq War and how she knew Bush lied about it and did nothing about it when Democrats gained the House in 2006.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Talking as if what you say is 100% fact. Justice? A failed impeachment attempt that would have eliminated other opportunities is justice? No, its you wanting to fight for the sake of fighting with no regard for what comes tomorrow. The belief that none of your choices could ever make things worse for people is what makes you extremists.

This is why centrists aren't allies, they are so adherent to the status quo that no matter how far it shifts to the right, they regard any attempt at accountability and resistance as extremism.

A political system with no accountability is a failed system and it doesn't matter if its one tyrannical ruler or hundreds of representatives, the collective functionality is the same. It gives the right the opportunity, or freedom even, to hurt the poor, vulnerable and minorities without real repercussions.

Just because a fight for justice may fail doesn't mean you don't fight it. You make it fucking hard for them so that they're dissuaded, so you encourage others to join your fight and also to show the people you're fighting for that you're with them.

It isn't being the adult in the room to go "oh this probably won't work so we shouldn't do it", it's a position swimming in privilege and based on a platform that the status quo isn't inherently the issue.

By telling people, in this case Iraqis, that yeah sure the United States is fabricating an excuse to invade and occupy after over a decade of inhumane sanctions but our system doesn't seem to let us stop it so propping that up is more important than your lives and any notion of morality, you're holding your hands up and admitting that the concept of democracy is a sham.

People around the world know the US doesn't stand for shit cos politicians are more concerned with playing the political game than accountability.

If your personal politics align with that, you really need to think hard about what it is you think you're defending here - is a failed system really more important than sticking your neck out and defending principles?

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
Even if you don't have any objections with the lack of impeachment of Bush... Doesn't that make what Trump did extremely small?

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

tHe ExTrEmIsT lEfT oN rEsEtErA.cOm aRe GeTtInG pEoPlE kIlLeD!11

What are you even on about.

OP
OP
BADMAN

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even if you don't have any objections with the lack of impeachment of Bush... Doesn't that make what Trump did extremely small?
Yes, she's essentially saying that the Russia stuff + the Ukraine phone call is worse than lying to get into an endless war with a massive civilian death toll that did irreparable damage to the region.

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yes, she's essentially saying that the Russia stuff + the Ukraine phone call is worse than lying to get into an endless war with a massive civilian death toll that did irreparable damage to the region.
War is normal for Democrats, so they don't really bat an eye when a bunch of brown people are slaughtered. It's such a lopsided standard

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Washington Post ran that the intel was bad for months when Bush was drumming up war. This isn't some shocking revelation. Weird to be mad at her a dozen plus years later for something we already knew and which anybody working in Washington would've been clearly aware of. The country at large was convinced. Washington knew better and didn't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.