• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

In a recent town hall, Nancy Pelosi was asked why she opposed impeaching Bush for the Iraq war as well as impeachment for Trump over the Muller report. She says that she knew that the intel was bogus from the beginning but that misleading the public into the Iraq war was not grounds for impeachment.

Watch the video, but if you can't, here's her reasoning from what I can gather.

1. They won the election
2. People believed the Republicans
3. Bill Clinton had just been impeached and she didn't want impeachment to become "a way of life for our country"

She finishes saying Muller Report did not convince the public and she wanted to wait for court cases.

This is the first time I've heard that Pelosi knew about the bad intelligence in the lead up to the war. Despite voting "No" on the war, she didn't publicly push the idea that the intel was bad. On top of that, her reasoning not to impeach Bush is really... Something...

Destroy my country for profit if old.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
I think it's truly time for her to step away. A terrible answer and she seems more more to struggle to get answers and sentences out.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
And how many people lost their lives and were displaced because of its immediate and remote effects over this political nuisance?

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I think it's truly time for her to step away. A terrible answer and she seems more more to struggle to get answers and sentences out.

I think it's time for Americans to grow up. How is it we can all live decades with literal bogus wars in the backdrop and celebrate our troops and the war machine.

Reducing military funding kills your election. Both republican and Democrat.

We all know it was a lie since Saudis blew up the wtc.

The status quo is more important than dead relatives.

Dec 31, 2017
the iraq war is one of the worst things America has ever done; such carnage and destruction. And the culprits will never pay for it. Just shameful.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
3. Bill Clinton had just been impeached and she didn't want impeachment to become "a way of life for our country"

Fucking what, Pelosi?

Yeah, lets make sure not to hold the president accountable because checks notes we don't want impeachment to be a way of life.

Imagine if we did use impeachment more often and held our government responsible LIKE WE SHOULD BE DOING. Then corrupt elected leaders wouldn't pull shit like this so much.

Ask the parents of fallen soldiers if not wanting impeachment to become a way of life was worth their son's life.

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Fucking what, Pelosi?

Yeah, lets make sure not to hold the president accountable because checks notes we don't want impeachment to be a way of life.

Imagine if we did use impeachment more often and held our government responsible LIKE WE SHOULD BE DOING. Then corrupt elected leaders wouldn't pull shit like this so much.

Ask the parents of fallen soldiers if not wanting impeachment to become a way of life was worth their son's life.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I agree with her reasoning, at least not wanting impeachment to become a way of life in this country. Would you have liked it if the republican congress has impeached Obama over anything they wanted? Romney would've won, if they'd impeached him in 2010, after they took control?

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I bit my tongue for a long time leading up to impeachment but she's fucking scum and the people who defended her idleness and utter incompetency in the wake of our most recent shitshow of republican fuckery should feel ashamed.

Min

Oct 25, 2017
🙄

I'm pretty sure she almost said 'I knew it was a fraud' before changing to misrepresentation, and like cool you knew you were lying to the public and it boils down to it not being an impeachable offense because the public didn't know about it?

It's appalling what they did?! You were complicit in what they did. Clinton did something stupid so he was impeached, Bush started a fraudulent war that you knew was fraudulent but didn't want impeachment to be a common practice? Way to conflate the two. How did the Iraq war not destabilize and further jeopardize our national security?

OP
OP
BADMAN

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking what, Pelosi?

I really shows how she only interprets things through a "washington bubble" political point of view.

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I agree with her reasoning, at least not wanting impeachment to become a way of life in this country. Would you have liked it if the republican congress has impeached Obama over anything they wanted? Romney would've won, if they'd impeached him in 2010, after they took control?
Should we not hold presidents accountable?

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Eh
If republicans are gonna play this game in where their politicians can do no wrong, then fuck it, let's play that game too. Go queen

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
At this point, if you were close to rational about our history your level of patriotism would be something close to 0.

Yet people are being blacklisted for kneeling lol.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Should we not hold presidents accountable?

14c58867df.png

That's a graphic of who controlled congress while bush was president. You wanted her to start impeachment proceedings during Bush's last 2 years, when removing him wouldn't've mattered, and would've led to Dick Cheney being president if the senate had voted to convict, wouldn't've stopped the Iraq war, and would've normalized impeachment as a tool the opposition party uses against the president, and wouldn't've have led to Bush being removed from office?

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
You know, the argument for Pelosi increasingly seems to be, "sure, she's a sociopath but her cold, calculating logic keeps her focused on winning".

Except I can't remember the last D win that didn't come in direct opposition to her marching orders, so...

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not even surprised. In her mind the 'mob' was something to be contained and controlled. You can't have the people getting mad again so soon, can you?

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
What are you guys talking about? The white queen Progressive Pelosi has spoken and deemed massive loss of life numbering in the millions of brown lives and untold displacement for what is quite clearly false pretenses 'not worth impeachment'. Clearly she is just and correct and you just need to shut up.

Eh
If republicans are gonna play this game in where their politicians can do no wrong, then fuck it, let's play that game too. Go queen

The worst part is some people actually belive this is a fucking team sport and not a goddamned life or death situation where millions of people's lives hang in the balance

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This perfectly illustrates how the American political establishment views foreign wars.

Ain't no thing. Kill kill kill.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Eh
just to be clear

she's bragging about not doing anything about a fucking pointless war that's reaped literal hundreds of thousands of innocent lives and displaced and utterly destroyed millions more

im aware this is sarcasm (i hope)

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
14c58867df.png

That's a graphic of who controlled congress while bush was president. You wanted her to start impeachment proceedings during Bush's last 2 years, when removing him wouldn't've mattered, and would've led to Dick Cheney being president if the senate had voted to convict, wouldn't've stopped the Iraq war, and would've normalized impeachment as a tool the opposition party uses against the president, and wouldn't've have led to Bush being removed from office?
Not to mention it probably wouldn't have gotten to 67 votes in the Senate and wouldn't have removed him.

The ONLY two punishments for a successful impeachment are removal from office and being barred from holding future office. And since Bush was a second-term lame duck president, LOL.

People wanted him tried for war crimes, but Congress literally was not the venue.

Deleted member 18324

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Ah yes, better a million dead Iraqis than accountability for American politicians.

Min

Oct 25, 2017
14c58867df.png

Not to mention it probably wouldn't have gotten to 67 votes in the Senate and wouldn't have removed him.

The ONLY two punishments for a successful impeachment are removal from office and being barred from holding future office. And since Bush was a second-term lame duck president, LOL.

People wanted him tried for war crimes, but Congress literally was not the venue.

Oh I don't know, maybe alerting the public or informing congress or some other watch dog committee that the war being started had no factual stance would have been nice during all the fervor.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
14c58867df.png

If there's a good reason for impeachment like a false war then yes. Assuming Obama would have lost in 2012 because if impeachment is a stretch. Clinton became more popular after impeachment and Trump might get re elected after impeachment.

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really shows how she only interprets things through a "washington bubble" political point of view.

Yeah, it's insane to me. Send people to die in a war that is falsely deemed necessary. She basically saying "fuck soldiers, let em die so that we don't enter an age of accountability."

Actually insanity.

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, what's she gonna say now? That GWB should have been impeached? She's gonna say that the barrier for impeachment should be so high professionally and politically, that perjury (Clinton), falsifying evidence as a pretense for going to war (Bush), and past election interference (Trump), are not a high enough bar. But that endangerment of the domestic democratic process (Trump) in an upcoming election is such a clear and present danger that she has no choice but to begrudgingly go forward with the grave matter of impeachment. This is a framing tactic. If she says "we should have impeached Bush," the GoP will say, "well, there was no evidence for that, and there's no evidence against Trump, either, Pelosi is just playing politics."

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
14c58867df.png

So no, we shouldn't hold presidents accountable.

Jun 6, 2019
Thousands and thousands of people dead or Americans unhappy because of impeachment?

Rather kill a bunch of brown people.

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
America truly has so much blood on it's hands at this point. Moves are made solely for political expediency rather than for the sake of truth and justice.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
14c58867df.png

There's a lot of daylight between beginning impeachment proceedings and calling out fraudulent intel.

She said she kept quiet about the pretence being garbage because the Republicans won the election and 'people believed them' (even though there was skepticism at the time).

She said that she didn't go after Bush because she didn't want impeachment to become the norm.

Something something gamefication.

At this point it's a mystery how anyone can legitimately believe that Pelosi values (her class) stability over all else.

Last edited:

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone knew about the bad intelligence. I'm not being glib but op, everyone knew.

everyone. We had the secretary of defense holding prop uranium.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
The Clinton quote is amazing really. I mean if we are being totally honest, I would take 20 years of switching Presidents every term with imprachments raining down over our heads because that means the government is giving no shits and beating the legality into what should be the highest institution of morality in the country. But no, it looks bad to impeach each and every president so we might as well notmalize criminal activity and war criminals, what could go wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.