• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought about making a thread like this a few dasy ago when i came across these:

Pure bliss. Emotions and pure nostalgia. Nothing in recent years made me feel like this.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Since so many of my picks including Wave Race 64 and Sonic Adventure 2 were already mentioned I want to add these:

The Mario 64 File Select music just evokes a magical dreamy wondering in me, the SimCity SNES title-screen always makes me tear-up almost because it's so soothing and brings back a flood of memories and ACDC Town in any variation somehow always makes me feel like I'm "home" and happy without a worry in the world.

A special mention goes to Dragon Valley from Freedom Planet 2, the game isn't even out yet but the tune makes me feel super nostalgic for whatever reason which should be impossible but yet it does:

www.youtube.com

Freedom Planet 2 OST: Dragon Valley

This is the music from Sample demo of the game i do not know if its gonna change in final release but i recorded it just in case

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
The entire Pokemon Gold soundtrack practically makes me cry. Just reminds me of simpler times where the only thing I gave a damn about was getting that Tyranitar.

StormEagle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Some great choices, might I add.

If there wasn't a 2 media limit I'd post Plok too!
Playing through Plok easy mode early saturday morning was something I did weekly for a good year. Just to hear the sweet tunes of Gohome Cavern, lol.
But there hasn't been a two media limit for quite some time.

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019

GBA-DS Pokemon and The Sims 1 are easily the most nostalgic to me. So many hours spent, simpler times. Pokemon makes me happy, whilst The Sims had absolutely fantastic sound direction, not a single bad track in the game - such a variety of emotions in there too.

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much anything from the 16 bit era. Probably the golden age of platformers or gaming in general for me. To be more specific though anything from Yoshi's Island or Sonic 2.

Nitpicker_Red

Nov 3, 2017
I've NEVER played Duck Tales, and yet the Moon Theme for me is nostalgia made tangible.

That made me think "nostalgia" is not always a quality related to things you experienced, but can be tricked out and maybe manipulated.
Or maybe Duck Tales Moon just encompasses the experiences I had with GB/C games and is a shorthand for that nostalgia.

Last edited:

Grain Silo

Dec 15, 2017

Literally teared up listening to this the other day, the Pokemon craze in 90's were the days man

driftshake

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This gets me every time! Loved it as a kid, still holds up. Reminds me of sitting on the floor with my C64.

Ion Stream

Oct 31, 2017

A Sequel, or even just a remake of this would make me cry of joy.

Good lord! Just wanted to say I haven't listened to this soundtrack since I found out my Grandma had died back in 2002. I was playing this game when I got the news and I was really close to her and haven't had the heart to replay it. That first song is so lush.

Great game :)

And to contribute I'd say Unreal Tournament 99 menu song gives me huuuuge nostalgia! I'm sure someone has already mentioned it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX5CpBfTg4o

Roshin

Oct 30, 2017
Sweden
The answer is always Rob Hubbard's music for Delta and Sanxion on the C64. This takes me back many years. :)

Oct 27, 2017
Since so many of my picks including Wave Race 64 and Sonic Adventure 2 were already mentioned I want to add these:

The Mario 64 File Select music just evokes a magical dreamy wondering in me, the SimCity SNES title-screen always makes me tear-up almost because it's so soothing and brings back a flood of memories and ACDC Town in any variation somehow always makes me feel like I'm "home" and happy without a worry in the world.

A special mention goes to Dragon Valley from Freedom Planet 2, the game isn't even out yet but the tune makes me feel super nostalgic for whatever reason which should be impossible but yet it does:

www.youtube.com

Freedom Planet 2 OST: Dragon Valley

This is the music from Sample demo of the game i do not know if its gonna change in final release but i recorded it just in case

Came here to post the Super Mario 64 File Select music. Lots of video game music makes me nostalgic, but that one really hits me hard and transports me back.

Barrylocke

Oct 25, 2017

There are other songs from Earthbound that I mean even more fond of, but this seems to be the one that pulls me into what it felt like to play my first jrpg.