• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Wow. What a short 4 years it's been. Or long. Or both?

Had I been a person that used Discord back in 2017, I would probably have gotten in on the 25th. But alas, I didn't make the day 1 cut.

PerfectFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Member 3060 here. Just gotta wait for numbers 1-3059 to get banned and I'll finally assert my dominance.

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
4 years seems right to me. Its sure been a while, place is gettin' on in age. Got a buncha nice updates over the ages so it sure is different from what we started with. I wasn't an still am not in whatever this mythical era discord thing is so I got in here a couple weeks late. Fashionably late in fact, so there!

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
45,147. It took me a while to find out about this place but even then I lurked for a while before bothering with an account.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Happy birthday to an awesome place to discuss the coolest medium!

On some level it's just fun and unique using a forum in this day and age to me. Seems like the internet as a whole has consolidated around FB/Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, YT, etc. So it's cool having a dedicated place for video game discussion (with excellent moderation too).

This is also only the second forum I've used, other being the GameInformer forums like a decade ago but since I didn't have a home computer or smartphone back then I barely was on there.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Happy birthday.

iStock_65667099_wide.jpg

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Member #12783 reporting. It took me a few days to get in once the great migration from the old site occurred. Been a great 4 years all!

Evoker

Oct 25, 2017
#7073. Man, I can't believe it's been 4 years. While like any online community, there are issues from time to time, I still find this place to be quite civil and kind compared to other places to talk about video games and off-topic stuff. Looking forward to another year of great conversations!

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Member 513. Even registered on October 25 instead of 26 or even 27 like most early adopters.

I was part of the Shin Megami Community I believe. Or was it Persona? Weird how we were front in line like that.

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
I guess I'm number 6,736? I've been here since day 1.

Geez, how time flies. I still remember everything very clearly. The devastation of losing GAF and then the relief and optimism when ERA was founded.

I'm still glad this site exists, warts and all. I've always enjoyed reading and conversing with people about video games, and it's super cool the community stuck around together and created a new platform for that to continue.

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017
No. 8560

And I was approved a day after, my ResetEra Birthday is 26 Oct 2017. It's crazy that prob over 10k people came in the first 24hours...

Like it was yesterday...

MrPhiliasfrog

Oct 25, 2017
Surprisingly 3956. I don't spend much time on the internet so I don't know how I got here that quick.

Anyway happy bday era.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
4882 reporting for (Call of) Duty.

I managed to squeeze my way into registering early, despite the fact that I wasn't on a discord and was not supposed to be let in at that particular moment. I'm either a really good hacker or I refreshed the page at just the right time and snuck in.

Deadcelledo

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Puerto Rico
29,595 !
I had no internet connection during the week that Resetera was being made, so I missed the chance to get an account early. I mostly lurk here, but It's super fun being a part of it and getting hyped about video games with all of you :)