• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Wow, 2 years already. I remember the temporary "death" of the old place and the birth of ERA like it was yesterday. Been here since day one. Happy Birthday, ERA!
Same, even though I joined 7 months after, I was fine with lurking, still am. Was so afraid I'd have no other place to go. Reddit is okay, but the layout is rough.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I will never, ever, forget the day when Resetera went live.

It utterly changed everything for me and impacted my life in the most profound and fundamental way.

It's the same day my second daughter was born 😂

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Whew, time flies. Still remember when the old site imploded and there was that limbo period of being nowhere like it on the internet.

I didn't quite make it on day one, so my ResetEra birthday isn't for a couple more days

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
tenor.gif

Fiksi

Oct 27, 2017
It's been a while hasn't it! I don't post so much, but it's always been a nice place to follow discussions. The time period in between was weird and it was nice when this place popped up and has been on a roll since.

Jakke_Koala

Sep 28, 2018
Happy birthday ResetEra.
I joined about a year later since i didn't have a correct e-mailadress, since i was unemployed.
I left the other place the same time as most people and lurked for about a year on this one before registering.
I really like this community and it's the only forum i post in.

Big shoutout to EtcetEra for giving me a lot of world news

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Incredible achievement; congrats everyone, especially those who made the move here seamless and fun!

October 27th team represent!

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Happy birthday ResetEra.
I joined about a year later since i didn't have a correct e-mailadress, since i was unemployed.
I left the other place the same time as most people and lurked for about a year on this one before registering.
I really like this community and it's the only forum i post in.

Big shoutout to EtcetEra for giving me a lot of world news
This is huge for me, a lot of stories I wouldn't even know about because I'd likely stick with the gaming section of other forums.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2 years since thor ragnarok, that's crazy!
I remember signing up on my phone on my way back from seeing it, under the rain

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Never made an account on the old site due to my email address, but was able to on here and I'm thankful for that. Happy birthday Era!

Tolby

Sep 24, 2019
Eastern Europe
I lurked the old place for years. The day it imploded caused me to panic quite a bit.
Everyone went to Discord, and I had no idea what that even was at that time.
I was scouring the net for scraps of info until eventually I came across a logo design contest for a new site. It's a bit fuzzy, but I remember seeing the era logo pop up.

And now we're here, and I'm finally a member.

Happy birthday to us!

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
I live in a part of the world where the site went live on the 26th. So due to timezone, even though I signed up ASAP (4848), the profile shows 26th. If I change to PST or whatever it shows the 25th instead.

Am I legally allowed into the 25th club?

I can totally bring along bubblewrap and duct tape <3

Oct 27, 2017
The World
Was on a road-trip in US. Went to sleep, wokeup next day and GAF was gone, no idea about this forum. Had to twitter and find out what is going on. Good times.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Happy birthday Era! So many things I have missed, since I've been around for only half a year now (and I was never on GAF in the 1st place), but let's hope for many more great years ahead!

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Happy Birthday, Era!
The one site that I have open regardless of the device!

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Glad we all made it over- let's take this opportunity to remember how kind we were to each other after when we got here and how grateful we were for the community to persist.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I happened to play through No More Heroes for the first time this month, which meant firing up my modded Wii... and digging out USB Loader. Which still has the NeoGAF theme. Felt weird; it already feels so very long ago. Although to be fair the Wii-ness of everything assisted that somewhat!

(And this does indicate to me that I probably should update half my accumulated homebrew apps on Wii; I never did get around to ripping my Gamecube collection too)