• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
4UOnWxP.jpg

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
Support him because he's handing out the tax cuts? Any number of corporate villains.

Support him because maga? I can't think of anyone sad enough.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
No, he's secretary to the democratic president following Trump:

Maybe alt-history Millhouse who struggles to add mass to his calves:

He was only there because of Lisa, pretty sure even when working for the Democrats he voted Republican

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 week): Inflammatory comparison. Platform wars.
I don't know what's so difficult to accept about there being a lot of 'PC fans' who are going to vote for the incumbent in the US election.

If you don't like that being pointed out to you now, then what did you expect when coming into this thread/you are going to have this fact rammed home to you in the coming months wherever you play.

Back on topic, the counterfeit passport maker from Papers, Please.

Dude's a savvy businessman and all that.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Pretty much anyone from a Tom Clancy game. Mostly as they are full of characters failing to question the same dumb nationalistic propaganda, fetish for US military kit and the woeful 'guys with guns are in the right by virtue of having an insanely overfunded support structure backing them up' 'logic' as the books.

Last edited:

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Every RE protagonist, probably.

... and I love RE. :(
How do you figure that? They've witnessed the evils of corporate greed, police corruption, rural communities ravaged by bioterrorism. Hell, Claire works for a humanitarian organization!

And this should go without saying, but there sure as hell won't be an antivaxxer among any of the RE cast, that's for sure.

Maybe pre-Raccoon City they would've supported him. Definitely not after.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Do you really think the characters from the game where a giant corporation is explicitly responsible for literal flesh eating monsters is going to have a lot of love for the guy who loves giant corporations more than any other president?
How do you figure that? They've witnessed the evils of corporate greed, police corruption, rural communities ravaged by bioterrorism. Hell, Claire works for a humanitarian organization!

And this should go without saying, but there sure as hell won't be an antivaxxer among any of the RE cast, that's for sure.

Maybe pre-Raccoon City they would've supported him. Definitely not after.

I feel like they would all be "vote Republican no matter what" because they're mostly ex-cops and most of them spend their post-cop careers in gun-toting militaristic scenarios.

They >might< be "Republicans Against Trump" type voters in 2020 but I still think they would all be lifelong, hard-line Republicans regardless. They definitely would've gone for him in 2016, I still think.

I mean, it's definitely hard to separate myself from the games as I play them and I tend to kind of just go along with the scenario and play along with the zombie apocalypse, survival-horror... But when I start to think about the types of people they might be if they had to give a press conference and such, I'm not so sure they'd advocate for social progressivism so much as taking a hard and aggressive war-like mentality. Concepts like "Defund the Police" after what they went through probably rubs them all the wrong way, especially the ones who are ex-cops and decided to join paramilitaries that have even more destructive equipment and power.

They all seem like post-Reagan action movie archetypes and not the clever satirical kinds to me...

Rhaya

Oct 25, 2017
Would actually help if people actually put down why a character would vote for him.

Most replies here are more "evil / has a gun " = must be a Trump supporter.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
Armstrong would publicly support Trump as part of his charade but I think privately he'd hate his guts. Armstrong is a violent anarchist who thinks nothing matters unless you have to physically fight for it.

Last edited:

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not particularly fond of this conversation. It tends to be filled with characters people don't like , and just because you don't like a character its not okay to suggest they would infact be ok with the horificness that is the US government at the moment even as a joke. There are people who may be subject to the sheer incompetence and bigotry of that government who may actually enjoy that character. I dunno seems weird to me

There a couple characters i have seen in here given thier character would be on some bigot shit, so shoutouts to actually thinking about the choice is suppose

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Joel before Ellie softened him. Maybe still.

NazoNazoXLR

Dec 20, 2019
I feel like they would all be "vote Republican no matter what" because they're mostly ex-cops and most of them spend their post-cop careers in gun-toting militaristic scenarios.

Jill, Barry, and Chris are all ex-military who were recruited directly into STARS, with Chris's anti-authoritarian streak being strong enough to result in him having to find a new job. Leon is a bright eyed idealist. Claire's literally a member of a humanitarian NGO. These aren't exactly the hassle protesters, shoot brown people first and ask questions later with kind of cops. The fact that 3/5ths of the group went on to join a UN-sanctioned response team for dealing with literal monsters instead of private security or becoming cops again speaks to that.

Plus, I'm pretty sure in a world with BOWs, a hardline anti-BOW stance would be bipartisian issue. There's not a whole lot wiggle room for red or blue there, although maybe the Republicans would be in favor of lighter penalties for corporations involved while trying to blame BOW attacks on foreigners.

Street Fighter V characters voting for Trump:

So... criminals, rich people, and cops? You really think Chun Li would vote for the guy who called Covid "kung flu"?

I know this is a silly thread, but damn, people's tribalism be showing

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
OP
OP
pjl93

pjl93

Jun 2, 2020
NJ
I'm not particularly fond of this conversation. It tends to be filled with characters people don't like , and just because you don't like a character its not okay to suggest they would infact be ok with the horificness that is the US government at the moment even as a joke. There are people who may be subject to the sheer incompetence and bigotry of that government who may actually enjoy that character. I dunno seems weird to me

There a couple characters i have seen in here given thier character would be on some bigot shit, so shoutouts to actually thinking about the choice is suppose
I'm sorry you dont like the thread i made it as a joke

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Jill, Barry, and Chris are all ex-military who were recruited directly into STARS, with Chris's anti-authoritarian streak being strong enough to result in him having to find a new job. Leon is a bright eyed idealist. Claire's literally a member of a humanitarian NGO. These aren't exactly the hassle protesters, shoot brown people first and ask questions later with kind of cops. The fact that 3/5ths of the group went on to join a UN-sanctioned response team for dealing with literal monsters instead of private security or becoming cops again speaks to that.

Plus, I'm pretty sure in a world with BOWs, a hardline anti-BOW stance would be bipartisian issue. There's not a whole lot wiggle room for red or blue there, although maybe the Republicans would be in favor of lighter penalties for corporations involved while trying to blame BOW attacks on foreigners.

Yeah, a post-BOW world could be drastically different in terms of the politics. I admit full well that the initial responses to my original post put some doubt on my certainty, but I'm not exactly convinced the other way, either.

The Claire exception makes sense, though.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017

They >might< be "Republicans Against Trump" type voters in 2020 but I still think they would all be lifelong, hard-line Republicans regardless. They definitely would've gone for him in 2016, I still think.

I mean, it's definitely hard to separate myself from the games as I play them and I tend to kind of just go along with the scenario and play along with the zombie apocalypse, survival-horror... But when I start to think about the types of people they might be if they had to give a press conference and such, I'm not so sure they'd advocate for social progressivism so much as taking a hard and aggressive war-like mentality.

They all seem like post-Reagan action movie archetypes and not the clever satirical kinds to me...
I feel that applying our current, real-world politics to the Resident Evil universe doesn't even work, to be honest. The problems (and the way they're prioritized) of that world are completely different from ours. I'd like to think we'd all be a lot more pro-gun in their world (not just people in the BSAA and similar organizations), considering the constant zombies, giant insects, mutant abominations, and so on. The conversation surrounding firearms would be totally different. I'm not even sure what the liberal and conservative dichotomy is like in the RE universe, but I'd like to believe the United States of that world is far more... united, than ours. Many of the issues we face today would blend into the background in favor of combating bioterrorism. Hands down the worst problem humanity would be facing, worldwide.

But who knows. We're in the middle of a global pandemic now, and people are still politicizing it, even calling it a hoax. Would the literal existence of monsters change anything? Maybe I'm being too optimistic. "Los Illuminados (The Illuminati) were a group of blood drinking liberal elites lead by George Soros! Don't believe the lies, sheeple!"

The cast of RE are clearly good people who care about others, having devoted their lives to these worthy causes, so I don't think we need to worry about who they'd support, one way or another. I just admire their integrity, their resolve, their virtues in general. That, and I like seeing 'em do wrestling moves on zombies and monsters.

Saray

Nov 26, 2018
From Stardew Valley i think those would vote for Trump:

George.png
Clint.png
Kent.png
Pierre.png
Jodi.png
Morris.png
Penny.png
Pam.png
Alex.png
Haley.png

And from the Stardew Valley Expanded mod
latest
latest

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
del-rio-thumbnail-708x398-bb8ce76781174b6abcdc968edcaa2a0f.jpg

Andrew Del Rio.

After the events on Biko, Del Rio called a press conference at the Congressional Plaza, praising the SPARTAN-IV program and calling for the decommissioning of the remaining Spartan-IIs, as well as the arrest of John-117—calling him a "false Spartan" and a "broken bastardization of a soldier"

I can see Del Rio tweeting about Master Chief as the FAKE SPARTAN.