• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017

tl;dv :
  • FFMI over 25
  • Gynecomastia
  • Disproportional amount of muscle in the upper body in comparison to the leg.
  • Acne on on shoulders, chest of back
  • Aggressive behavior
Is this a good list, Fit-Era?

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I find that people (especially on reddit) rarely are accurate at guessing this. Many people who have been accused of steroid use didn't use them while many who did surprise people. Seems like it's not super reliable to just see someone huge and guess by their shape or skin.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I love steroids. Speeds up the process a lot. It's hard to get ripped while living a normal social/work/financial life in a short time.

Oct 25, 2017
I find that people (especially on reddit) rarely are accurate at guessing this. Many people who have been accused of steroid use didn't use them while many who did surprise people. Seems like it's not super reliable to just see someone huge and guess by their shape or skin.
Yup, there's a lot of people using that you wouldn't expect...even in rasslin

Take William Regal for instance

busted for steroids with this physique
6i9BTaL.png

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Hell, I get occasional acne on my shoulders and I don't even use protein powder.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
You could be on grams and not have any of those symptoms though.

The big tell is usually the 24/7 muscle pump. Like the skin is stretched tight over the muscle. Also, ridiculous strength at average size.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
1. You can't judge FFMI by eye.
2. Gynecomastia is only a side effect if you don't cycle properly, and doesn't present in everyone.
3. Disproportionate muscle growth is an indicator of poor training habits, not steroid use. A better indicator would be disproportionately large shoulders, as shoulder muscles are more receptive to steroids (google "capped delts").
4. Acne does not present for everyone, and is only associated with some steroids, not all.
5. Roid rage is real, but it is not a reliable indication of steroid use.

Steve9842017

Nov 7, 2017
Gotta have the proper genetics to begin with or you're just polishing a turd, essentially.

If you want some good entertainment, watch Philion's YouTube series calling out fake nattys. He's got some good ones.

I remember a thread (it was either old gaf or even Gamefaqs way back in the day) where someone claimed Ronnie Coleman was natural and wouldn't take any gear since he was a police officer. Got a good laugh out of that one. Ronnie's the GOAT, and everyone in the industry of bodybuilding/powerlifting is on gear of some sort. You have to be.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
You can't really tell besides the obvious signs, unless it's someone obviously beyond the size a natty can retain while depleted and shredded all year round

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As a gym rat, meh. Roids is roids. Whatever. As long as you're doing it safely and not hurting anyone, then you do you. Me? I'm perfectly fine with my natural size and strength. Though some people do ask if I take roids, which is a good sign I'm doing something right.

Oct 27, 2017
I hate lists like this. I've been tested by my former gym, a year later by the police, they came in to the gym and took me to the police station for tests.

Steroids is illegal where I live fyi.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Too many people out there who take roids but still look DYEL (do you even lift) for anything to be a reliable indicator besides the extreme cases.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
I always get my fitness and health advice from Gravity Transformation, the Fat Loss Experts, where I discover the TRUTH about losing weight, burning fat, getting rid of that stubborn lower belly fat, and building muscle naturally.

OP
OP
Sqrt

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
I hate lists like this. I've been tested by my former gym, a year later by the police, they came in to the gym and took me to the police station for tests.

Steroids is illegal where I live fyi.
They targeted you in specific? Could have you opted out? That's insane.