• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
"From now on, I refuse to be referred to as 'unvaccinated,' " a conservative TikToker declared. "I want everyone to now call me Pureblood."

www.vice.com

Unvaccinated TikTokers Are Calling Themselves ‘Purebloods’

“From now on, I refuse to be referred to as ‘unvaccinated,’ ” a conservative TikToker declared. “I want everyone to now call me Pureblood.”

The term "pureblood" doesn't exactly have the best connotations. But now unvaccinated people on TikTok are, er, trying to reclaim the term as a way to tout their "superiority" over their jabbed fellow citizens.

The phrase was popularized by J.K. Rowling's villain Lord Voldemort in the Harry Potter series as a way to distinguish between those with "pure" wizard ancestry and everyone else, drawing parallels with the Nazi doctrine of the "master race." As a concept, basically, it's been used to justify some of the worst crimes against humanity in history.

The new "pureblood" trend seems to have gotten a big boost from conservative TikToker influencer Lyndsey Marie in a post shared last week replete with hashtags like #harrypotter, #pureblood, and #unvaccinated.

The video has since racked up nearly 250,000 views and Lyndsey Marie is now promising her followers that a line of "pureblood" merch (which will feature an image of a lion and the text, "PUREBLOOD; Unmasked, Unvaxxed, Unafraid.")

Meanwhile, the term has inspired scores of other un-vaxxed social media users to make their own videos.

And here's just an incredible quote from one such dipshit...
"In like five, ten years, maybe less, all the people who are unvaccinated —we're gonna be hunted," she warns. "It's gonna be like 'Resident Evil.' We're gonna be the antidote, because everyone else is fucked, and we're gonna be the only ones with pure blood."

Y'know, it doesn't help their cause when I hear 'pureblood' and it immediately goes to the Mcpoyles. Or maybe it's totally appropriate...

46f904fd590320f606199a8b57bc1596.gif

Nassudan

Oct 27, 2017
"I'm so superior because i refuse to get a free shot".
No matter how you try to spin it, it's exactly what a loser sounds like.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
"In like five, ten years, maybe less, all the people who are unvaccinated —we're gonna be hunted," she warns. "It's gonna be like 'Resident Evil.' We're gonna be the antidote, because everyone else is fucked, and we're gonna be the only ones with pure blood."

🙄 So dramatic.

In ten years most of you will be vaccinated or dead

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, copy the terminology of the fictional Nazi wizards...

Fucking hell man

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
The next time I want people to sympathize with me, I'm going to start referring to myself as if I'm one of the villains from the Care Bears.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
It's almost kind of funny to see them tell on themselves by adopting racist terf language

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
See, and this is exactly why I don't use TikTok for anything other than lipsyncs to my favorite movie clips.

Everything else about it is like Gen Z Facebook.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I just unfollowed some dumbfuck on IG over this exact word. Fuckin' yikes.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
I dunno I'm kinda getting into this

I'm a mudblood of House Moderna. I'm gonna go make a wand out of syringes and duct tape and just larp the shit out of this

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
See, and this is exactly why I don't use TikTok for anything other than lipsyncs to my favorite movie clips.

Everything else is like Gen Z Facebook.
Outside of the memes it's just more social media. It's got the exact same issues all the rest got, only no one's been paying attention so it spreads like wildfire.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
I dunno I'm kinda getting into this

I'm a mudblood of House Moderna. I'm gonna go make a wand out of syringes and duct tape and just larp the shit out of this

House Janssen over here in shambles and y'all have duct tape just laying around.

Real talk though, I want off this fucking ride, everything has jumped the shark at this point.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Outside of the memes it's just more social media. It's got the exact same issues all the rest got, only no one's been paying attention so it spreads like wildfire.

Y'see, I'm a millennial of a certain age...

I post my thirst traps on Instagram and keep it pushin. 💅🏿

Oct 29, 2017
House Janssen over here in shambles and y'all have duct tape just laying around.

Real talk though, I want off this fucking ride, everything has jumped the shark at this point.

Oh, this is only the pilot episode.

Climate change is going to make the pandemic insanity look like a picnic in comparison.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Yet I'm sure they got the all the standard vaccines.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
What happens if they, like, they COVID and don't die and get the antibodies that way. Is their blood no longer pure? Are they ostracized from that community?