• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
Condolences, as useful as "thoughts and prayers", something that's (rightfully) made fun of by the very people under discussion.

This is such a terrible take. Thoughts and prayers are bullshit because they happen in place of actual change and reform. Condolences happen in the place of taking a shot at people who are now unemployed. How can you pretend the two are even slightly comparable?

I haven't seen it happen at all, even the person who was quoted never said they should lose their jobs.

People coming in to say over and over that they think their content is bad and has no audience are essentially saying exactly that, but then usually making it about themselves by clarifying that they hate their work but still wouldn't wish unemployment on people they think don't do anything of value, because they are a really great and compassionate person.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People coming in to say over and over that they think their content is bad and has no audience are essentially saying exactly that, but then usually making it about themselves by clarifying that they hate their work but still wouldn't wish unemployment on people they think don't do anything of value, because they are a really great and compassionate person.
I disagree on how that is being interpeted.

Deleted member 21

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Everyone chill.

Please continue with your fan fiction.

4erp0djv8.gif

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
I'm glad that Waypoint has survived this round of cuts, but boy it must be frightening to be worried that every month could be the last for the site. I can't imagine the stress they must be under some weeks.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
In a thread about Waypoint shutting down, I'm not allowed to express an opinion of what I think of Waypoint?

It goes without saying that I don't want anyone to lose their jobs....

Stupei explained this better than I can.

This has been happening over and over in this thread and it's really gross. Just feels like, "Well if we're all honest, we can admit these 250ish people probably deserve to lose their jobs, because they contribute nothing of value. But good luck to them!"

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
They were not my cup of tea really but it would suck to hear if true. Hope they land on their feet.

Edit: nvm then. Hope this is just false rumor.

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't a discussion on gun control. There's nothing we can do to save the jobs of these people. No legislation to be passed. No debated to be had. Condolences is all we can offer.

You'd hope that this thread could be an outlet for people to talk about how they're affected by this news or what they hope for the future, not just to post "Press F" and move on.

I don't see the problem with that. Yeah, their readership isn't taking the brunt of the effect of course, but it's not like the consumer side of the content isn't affected at all. It's a forum, let people talk.

svacina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You think so? I feel like their content has far more mainstream reach than other gaming outlets on Patreon like KF or EZA who mostly just focus on games. Oh well.
Nobody in the mainstream cares about serious critique of video games, be sensible. They have a niche appeal to certain subsection of gaming fans and academia, that's about it.

Deleted member 2321

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Waypoint never worked for me even though I liked the guys in their previous jobs. Curious to see what they do next if they are indeed shutting down.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017

Everyone chill.

Please continue with your fan fiction.
This is some good news at least.
What the fuck is the point of the topic then? Why post it on a discussion board? Just so people can offer their 'hope they find new employment' messages. Some thread that would be.
You really struggle that much to not shitpost in a thread about people losing their jobs?

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phew thank god I'll be finally able to understand the true meaning of Kingdom Hearts

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Glad to see the rumors are hopefully untrue. At least this thread informed me they didn't a recent kingdom hearts 3 lore podcast. Definitely going to give it a listen.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
Glad to hear that Waypoint will be okay, but this still sucks if the original number if layoffs is correct.

You'd hope that this thread could be an outlet for people to talk about how they're affected by this news or what they hope for the future, not just to post "Press F" and move on.

I don't see the problem with that. Yeah, their readership isn't taking the brunt of the effect of course, but it's not like the consumer side of the content isn't affected at all. It's a forum, let people talk.

You're right, a thread full of "they were never really my style, but still best of luck to them, hope everyone lands on their feet" is way better.

AndyLonn

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Are you just gonna not post the part where he actually described why he finds them to be completely ridicoulus.

I do too. Their shtick has been to get upset over things that aren't at all problematic and then spread that notion of something being problematic so that people have something to rag on just for the sake of having something to rag on.

(The Monster Hunter reminds me of Donald Trump Jr / Freya is a bad character because she cares for her son)