• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I'm reading that OBJ's contract he signed with the Rams was for $750,000 paid in BTC. That amount was obviously taxed federally and by state (CA). Long story short, the amount of money he made for that contract is, wait for it …

-$7,700.

But he won a ring and got injured. So I don't know. You tell me Era, would you take a salary of -$8,000 and an injury to be a Super Bowl winner?

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm reading that OBJ's contract he signed with the Rams was for $750,000 paid in BTC. That amount was obviously taxed federally and by state (CA). Long story short, the amount of money he made for that contract is, wait for it …

-$7,700.

But he won a ring and got injured. So I don't know. You tell me Era, would you take a salary of -$8,000 and an injury to be a Super Bowl winner?

Wait he only took Bitcoin?

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017

-$7,700.

this can't be real, there needs to be some kind of financial subjects in school, damn

Lobster Roll

Sep 24, 2019
this can't be real, there needs to be some kind of financial subjects in school, damn
To be fair, professional athletes have historically been thrown into contracts with zero financial advice whatsoever. It's the primary subject of the documentary Broke. That said, in the modern sports market and with OBJ being 30, it's one of those ones we can all feel comfortable laughing our asses off about.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

-$7,700.

Doesn't he get taxed on that $750,000 as well? It isn't like the feds are going to not tax his salary.

Dasko

Oct 27, 2017

-$7,700.

Where are you reading this? I can't really make the math work, like how is it possibly -$7700? Maybe I'm just stupid. BTC isn't doing THAT terribly. It's still where it was last year even after all this crypto crash stuff. Even if he bought in at the top it wouldn't be worth -$7700 right now???

Edit:

Forgot about the tax… damn

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for some GPU price crashes by the end of this year or early next.
You can get Nvidia cards almost near MSRP again. It's kind of happened already. Nvidia is generally pretty good about heading off extra reserves in the market so they don't cannibalize their next gen sales. So when the 4 comes out there's usually a short window and they're not that much cheaper usually.

Lobster Roll

Sep 24, 2019
Doesn't he get taxed on that $750,000 as well? It isn't like the feds are going to not tax his salary.
Where are you reading this? I can't really make the math work, like how is it possibly -$7700? Maybe I'm just stupid. BTC isn't doing THAT terribly. It's still where it was last year even after all this crypto crash stuff. Even if he bought in at the top it wouldn't be worth -$7700 right now???

Edit:

Forgot about the tax… damn
What f0rk said.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017

-$7,700.

It was kind of just for show anyway since the Browns were still on the hook for paying him millions last season.

Smithy

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Trolling, crypto shilling
crypto reminds me so much of fucking scientology (or any cultish religion) so damn much

not only do they have their own highly specific terms and phrases that makes them feel exclusive from "normal people", but the constant drive for "positivity or fuck off", the forceful pushback of any criticism, the grandiose timelines and levels to climb

the only thing its missing is one big central cult leader, instead they have all these smaller project leads and celebrities of all the various coins

if Musk wanted to he could force all his weight behind it and become the david miscavige of fucking crypto, since all these nerds already worship his dumbass

Jesus, Fat4All spittin' tha truce, fired dem shots but honestly, that hurt! I don't think someone should generalize all that like you did again. And I thought you're a sweet Era-doggi and I like a lot of stuff you write. But I'm going to be honestly replying now (even though you didn't ask, heh).

The stuff about "phrases" - people everywhere have their exclusive terms and phrases. In gaming, at work, music… but ok, because it's "crypto" and we're fucking nerds (you really wanna do that? At a gaming board?), it's not ok anymore. You sure it's ok to call that strange? You wanna do what now? Discriminate certain people? That do stuff just like others? Fine…

Constant drive for positivity - related to what? Investing in something you believe? People of course hope that their investments in projects become more valuable. It's the same with stocks here - so why is it bad to sometimes hope to invest in the right stuff? (This is my part about the market, so that I'm not derailing)

Forceful pushback of criticism, I'm pretty sure that's not true either. Who does that? People here on the board? I don't remember anyone doing that here. Or at least from no one that is "still" here. Even when criticism about energy consumption arises every year, a lot of us agree on that problem and refer to projects that do it way better than BTC for example. And I still do too! I despise everything revolving this topic and hope it gets better!

Calling people "cult leaders" - well, in music, if you like what the artist is doing, you'd also call that person a "cult leader"? Disculpe, but I'm not sure if you want to just make a difference here again because it's "crypto". Plus, there are really nice and decent people around. The founder of ETH for example - you'd call him a cult leader? By his looks? By what he does? Don't throw everything into the same (crypto) bin here again, please. Plus, he's someone very open to criticism and wants to have changes on Ethereum because of it. He's also philantrophic and spent a lot of money to charity already. Don't always focus on the negative parts!

Lastly, Elon Musk. Uff! You're sure? That all dem "crypto bruhs" like him? I'd say it's the complete opposite. A lot of Dogecoin followers like him maybe, but the sole reason would be his constant shilling of the coin. But I'm sure Elon would like you on this board because you're a doggo 🐕! Would you like that he likes you? Nah.
But you see, just because he would be an Era member doesn't mean other members here like you. It's the same with crypto - some like him, some don't, duh!

My 2 cents about it. You generalize and I really dislike that. I think at Era, you shouldn't generalize people like that?
I thought you're a nice doggo! 🐶

In general - can't ya'll just be more kind? Is it too much to ask? You don't even need to buy crypto, nobody forces you to do it. But y'all still write shit about people doing it. It's hilarious 🤡🫠

Plus you're all derailing the thread with your "crypto bros are shite" posts. It's about the market. I hope it's getting closed soon. No hope for crypto threads anywhere here besides the OT, but I forgot - nobody wants "us" on Era anyways 🤷🏻‍♂️

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, Fat4All spittin' tha truce, fired dem shots but honestly, that hurt! I don't think someone should generalize all that like you did again. And I thought you're a sweet Era-doggi and I like a lot of stuff you write. But I'm going to be honestly replying now (even though you didn't ask, heh).

The stuff about "phrases" - people everywhere have their exclusive terms and phrases. In gaming, at work, music… but ok, because it's "crypto" and we're fucking nerds (you really wanna do that? At a gaming board?), it's not ok anymore. You sure it's ok to call that strange? You wanna do what now? Discriminate certain people? That do stuff just like others? Fine…

Constant drive for positivity - related to what? Investing in something you believe? People of course hope that their investments in projects become more valuable. It's the same with stocks here - so why is it bad to sometimes hope to invest in the right stuff? (This is my part about the market, so that I'm not derailing)

Forceful pushback of criticism, I'm pretty sure that's not true either. Who does that? People here on the board? I don't remember anyone doing that here. Or at least from no one that is "still" here. Even when criticism about energy consumption arises every year, a lot of us agree on that problem and refer to projects that do it way better than BTC for example. And I still do too! I despise everything revolving this topic and hope it gets better!

Calling people "cult leaders" - well, in music, if you like what the artist is doing, you'd also call that person a "cult leader"? Disculpe, but I'm not sure if you want to just make a difference here again because it's "crypto". Plus, there are really nice and decent people around. The founder of ETH for example - you'd call him a cult leader? By his looks? By what he does? Don't throw everything into the same (crypto) bin here again, please. Plus, he's someone very open to criticism and wants to have changes on Ethereum because of it. He's also philantrophic and spent a lot of money to charity already. Don't always focus on the negative parts!

Lastly, Elon Musk. Uff! You're sure? That all dem "crypto bruhs" like him? I'd say it's the complete opposite. A lot of Dogecoin followers like him maybe, but the sole reason would be his constant shilling of the coin. But I'm sure Elon would like you on this board because you're a doggo 🐕! Would you like that he likes you? Nah.
But you see, just because he would be an Era member doesn't mean other members here like you. It's the same with crypto - some like him, some don't, duh!

My 2 cents about it. You generalize and I really dislike that. I think at Era, you shouldn't generalize people like that?

In general - can't ya'll just be more kind? Is it too much to ask? You don't even need to buy crypto, nobody forces you to do it. But y'all still write shit about people doing it. It's hilarious 🤡🫠

Plus you're all derailing the thread with your "crypto bros are shite" posts. It's about the market. I hope it's getting closed soon. No hope for crypto threads anywhere here besides the OT, but I forgot - nobody wants "us" on Era anyways 🤷🏻‍♂️

Pro-Tip. If you don't want to sound like a cult, you should avoid sounding like a cult.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017

Im.....on the edge if this is actually a bait or not. It has to be bait right, there is no way someone would type like this.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
iKyYU4x.png

Lobster Roll

Sep 24, 2019

Ain't no way this is a real post.

Edit: Did some light digging. Oh no. Oh god no lol. It's legit.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017

Dawg

fallingedge

Oct 25, 2017
Does Era still have many people saying that Crypto is the future of currency and that NFTs are the future of art and asset management? Or have they all fled?

Digital assets with no intrinsic value propped up by hype, shilling and market manipulation have collapsed? Shocked, I tell you, shocked!

I just participate in the crypto market because I want to make money.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im.....on the edge if this is actually a bait or not. It has to be bait right, there is no way someone would type like this.

Ain't no way this is a real post.

Edit: Did some light digging. Oh no. Oh god no lol. It's legit.

I hate that I can't reliably tell the difference between sarcasm and true believers anymore.

A quick look at their posting history answers this pretty quick

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
where did this rumor come from that i was nice

who do i need to kill to end this rumor

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Never bought crytpo. Just don't know much about it and a good investment rule of thumb is to invest in what you know.

I just hope folks are diversified.

Smithy

Oct 25, 2017

Nope, no bait. And for everyone else asking too - I type like that. But please back to topic 😉

Plus, I should change my settings. People now looking through my posts to see if real - can't dig that!

where did this rumor come from that i was nice

who do i need to kill to end this rumor

Didn't say everyone thinks that *typing this while slowly leaving the thread as you wished for*

RetroRunner

Dec 6, 2020

Then leave before you encourage more people to help burn down the planet

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nope, no bait. And for everyone else asking too - I type like that. But please back to topic 😉

Plus, I should change my settings. People now looking through my posts to see if real - can't dig that!

Didn't say everyone thinks that *typing this while slowly leaving the thread as you wished for*

Protip. People can still easily find your posts unless you entirely delete your account. They can still find them, its just a bit harder.

Oct 8, 2019
How dare you paper hands accuse crypto of being a cult, stop spreading FUD, and try to be a Diamond Hands instead. Not only am I keeping my Luna Coins, but I just put my entire life savings into Luna. Once Luna shoots TO THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON and finally make me rich I am going to laugh at you from my new mansion.

You know what I am going to once I get rich? I am going to buy one of those 60 plots in Crytoland where I can talk about Crypto with all my cryptolovers and visit the BitConnect Memorial Pyramid honoring Bitconnect because I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE BITCONNECT! I will also crush on Cryptokiddies.....

What do you mean its CryptoKitties and not Cryptokiddies? Where's the fun in that?

Ah screw the whole thing

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Just popping into this thread. Have we reached the point where crypto bros are acting like they're an oppressed minority? Have we reached the point where they demonstrate that they're completely incapable of speaking like human beings?

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just popping into this thread. Have we reached the point where crypto bros are acting like they're an oppressed minority? Have we reached the point where they demonstrate that they're completely incapable of speaking like human beings?
www.resetera.com

VICE: ‘It's a Bloodbath’: The Crypto Crash Is Real

Jesus, Fat4All spittin’ tha truce, fired dem shots but honestly, that hurt! I don’t think someone should generalize all that like you did again. And I thought you’re a sweet Era-doggi and I like a lot of stuff you write. But I’m going to be honestly replying now (even though you didn’t ask...

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I personally liked that little bit in there about how,"Oh he's a nice guy too! He even donates to good causes!"

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey

"Jesse, what the fuck are you talking about?"

Status
Not open for further replies.