• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I don't like the idea of having too much fun with the title because the subject matter is still serious. Chuck Huber's affidavit is ridiculous, there are many others that aren't.

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to, say, something like "Vic Mignogna sues accusers, nonstop legal clownshow". There's only so many words you can fit in there, might as well be straightforward about it.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I don't like the idea of having too much fun with the title because the subject matter is still serious. Chuck Huber's affidavit is ridiculous, there are many others that aren't.

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to, say, something like "Vic Mignogna sues accusers, nonstop legal nonsense". There's only so many words you can fit in there, might as well be straightforward about it.
The thing is, the subject matter, while still serious, I'm not sure if people who are familiar with the case have somehow lessened the severeity of his actions, if at all.

The bigger issue that has really risen out of this now, has more to do with the legal proceedings, which can and have provided many more pertinent details that are associated with the core issue still, and discussed as well when they are made available.

I wouldn't say this is making light of the situation by any means, but it's more about highlighting the absurdity of the situation now, from both a serious standpoint, but also a complete fundamental failure standpoint on Vic's legal team.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to, say, something like "Vic Mignogna sues accusers, nonstop legal clownshow". There's only so many words you can fit in there, might as well be straightforward about it.

I think by now we are reaching a point where even the defendants are starting to be in good spirits about the whole thing.

Not that it isn't a serious matter. But it is REALLY hard not to laugh when one side is a complete clown show.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, this is probably the best thing for Vic at this point in time. He gets (what we believe is) competent counsel, Percy gets leashed, and Vic lays the groundwork for an appeal based on incompetent representation.

Percy's still turbo-fucked, though.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, this is probably the best thing for Vic at this point in time. He gets (what we believe is) competent counsel, Percy gets leashed, and Vic lays the groundwork for an appeal based on incompetent representation.

Percy's still turbo-fucked, though.
From all the lawyers, it doesn't seem like new counsel, it seems like Beard's firm putting in damage control, as it's over, and they don't want him to do more harm to the firm with the case.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The way these things usually play out is that eventually the shitty fanbase either turns on Vic in favor of Beardy or vice versa as these types need someone to attack especially once the original focal point fades out of sight/mind for whatever reason.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The way these things usually play out is that eventually the shitty fanbase either turns on Vic in favor of Beardy or vice versa as these types need someone to attack especially once the original focal point fades out of sight/mind for whatever reason.
Or they find a shiny, new martyr to rally around, and leave this whole messy affair behind.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

Some of them are turning on Beard.

The question is if they'll also turn on Nick for his constant assurance that Beard knew exactly what he was doing and that everything is going well (which are continuing even now), or even turn on Vic if it becomes clear that he had no chance to begin with.

Gespenst MKIV

Nov 1, 2017
My money is that they turn Vic into a martyr "A good man that had his life ruined by the evil sjw's that bought the judges..."or something like that. Turning on Vic would mean taking the side of his victims in their eyes and that's the last thing they are going to do.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Some of them are turning on Beard.

The question is if they'll also turn on Nick for his constant assurance that Beard knew exactly what he was doing and that everything is going well (which are continuing even now), or even turn on Vic if it becomes clear that he had no chance to begin with.
Vic stans will probably have a civil war amongst themselves.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
So Vic got a new lawyer? Did he fire Beard?
The speculation from other lawyers is that he's brought in by the firm for damage control, to make sure that the case will not continue to damage possible future sanctions on the firm, other than what they may have already incurred as a result of the case up to this point.

In their words, a "babysitter"

BrandoBoySP

Oct 27, 2017
I love that they're partially trying to portray this as people having issue with Vic being Christian. The majority of people in this country are Christian. It's Vic being sanctimonious about his religious beliefs that's the issue, compounded with him acting in ways that fly in the face of his supposed values.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot, was there any rape allegations against Vic ?
No "rape rape" (to use Whoopi Goldberg's term), as far as I'm aware.

But there was an abundance of "unwanted sexual harassment and/or assault" allegations. Like the hair-pulling incident, which Vic confessed to, but claims wasn't sexual. Or the thousands of underage girls who he kisses at conventions (some girls apparently want it, others don't, the ones who don't never really made a big deal about it). Or the teenage twin cosplayers who swore that Vic tried to pressure them into having lesbian incest sex with each other for his amusement (against his extremely vocal statements that homosexuality and incest are immoral), and when they refused, he tried to shove his tongue down their throats against their will.

And then there's also the "statutory rape" claims. It has been alleged (by Vic's ex-fiancee, IIRC?) that as a part of Vic's massive promiscuity and infidelity, he grooms the underage girls in his fanclub, and meets up with them for "consensual" sex as he travels the country going to conventions. But if they're underage, then their "consent" is not valid, and that is rape. And Vic doesn't seem to care about that, as he has been quoted as saying that "age is just a number".

Vic has also been quoted as saying that "silence is consent".

Basically, there isn't enough evidence against Vic for the authorities to do anything. But this has never been about arresting Vic, or charging him with crimes. It's about highlighting his misdeeds, and about people choosing not to work with him and support him anymore.

Vic is not being sued, Vic is the one doing the suing, because he's trying to silence his accusers, and scare others into not coming forward. But Vic's so incompetent and stupid, all he did was shine a massive spotlight on his shittyness, and ensure that he's never going to work at a reputable organization ever again.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
There were rumors surrounding Stephanie Nadolny's account possibly being hacked -- recent likes and whatnot implied a Pro-Vic stance -- but some unearthed texts may confirm that was the case.

(Also note Pro-Vic videos on YouTube apparently being demonetized, LOL)

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, if this is a thing, then goddamn is our beardy friend fucked.

Edit: Had to add this.

Last edited:

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Could the Judge decide on the case tomorrow?

I hear he has until Oct 6, but I don't see what there is to even debate or reason with.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
It's really the case that keeps giving!

No show is ever going to be as entertaining.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Could the Judge decide on the case tomorrow?

I hear he has until Oct 6, but I don't see what there is to even debate or reason with.

He could. He does have 30 days from Friday's hearing to give his final ruling, and I expect he'll do that just as a matter of course.

That being said, a whole lotta shit is gonna get thrown out tomorrow, and I expect some sanctions will be levelled.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Almost feel like watching the next LiveScreech. He wil be spinning so hard that his head will rotate on several axes.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Ok, if this is a thing, then goddamn is our beardy friend fucked.

Assuming, ignoring even the fraud for a moment, as Vic's lawyer, he likely has more than one document signed by Vic, the fact that he didn't even think to scan-in a second sample of the signature, but thought adding "-tor" would make it look "different" enough... I can't even.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Vic stans will probably have a civil war amongst themselves.
The Vic diehard fans vs. the alt-lite hangers-on, I imagine.
There were rumors surrounding Stephanie Nadolny's account possibly being hacked -- recent likes and whatnot implied a Pro-Vic stance -- but some unearthed texts may confirm that was the case.

(Also note Pro-Vic videos on YouTube apparently being demonetized, LOL)
Well, that settles that then.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe this clownshow is still going. I've only been followingly lightly, but decided to stop and just wait for it all to resolve and see the whole thing at once. I feel like that was ten thousand years ago. How is it still going? How do we keep getting new fuck ups?

iWannaHat

Jul 1, 2019
I can't believe this clownshow is still going. I've only been followingly lightly, but decided to stop and just wait for it all to resolve and see the whole thing at once. I feel like that was ten thousand years ago. How is it still going? How do we keep getting new fuck ups?

The best/worst part is that it just keeps going. Grab a chair and some popcorn, I doubt the show is over.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this is a bigger shitshow than that one case that the rick and morty guys did a transcript reading of. Yet its astounding how that can be the case.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Really want (he needs) Vic to lose, but I kind of hate people like this Doucette guy. They know what this world is about these days, and just try to compress all the information they can into headline-like format and make it seem so simple when often times it's not. Get a shit ton of people hanging on their every word and hype everyone up one way or the other. Get people believing that there's NO WAY Vic could lose an all this shit because he knows that's what people want to hear (unfortunately it's certainly possible he could still win). All to just to attempt boost his status.

He knows that in the end, if Vic loses he'll look like a god. If Vic wins, then fucking whatever on his part. The people that want to ditch him can and he'll be able to move on while still grabbing fame out of it. He's just a byproduct of the way things work these days I guess. I just hate a lot about the way things work these days.

Also he's a conservative, so fuck him. Don't give a fuck if he's a "never Trump". If you still stand by the GOP in pretty much any way at this point, you're a fucking piece of shit.