• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
It's a very questionable translation. It contains what I can only describe as gay erasure in the name of "literal translation" but then takes liberties with background aspects.
Its a messy release in general besides the quality video transfer but whoever translated it seemed to tone down the queer coding on purpose.
That was all Khara. Even down to the casting for the new dub.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was all Khara. Even down to the casting for the new dub.
Yeah, there's a video with Ray Chase (Gendo's new voice) confirming as much that Khara was heavily involved with everything (pronunciations/meanings/context/etc)...
I'd blame how they took an anime conventions reaction to kaoru and shinji in 3.0 and think that's what the majority of people would think (aka some fans laughed and khara was upset )

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know if this was posted yet, but Toei and Funimation have been releasing several Dressrosa episodes dubbed. Here's JYB replacing VIc as Sabo.

And here's the comparison to Episode of Sabo which was recorded long ago (but released in 2020)

He's also someone who has shown that he is not gonna be chummy with Chris N.

Really keeping it real, for realsies

Yeah, that's pretty impressive since they've known each other back in their Newgrounds days.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I love the false equivalency from libertarian chuds who spout off "vote with your wallet, let the free market decide!"

And when people start voicing their distaste, threaten to withdraw their funds to a point that a company DOES want to split from someone like a VA, they come back with "THEY DESERVE TO MAKE AN INCOME."

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

Nothing like turning a natural disaster impacting lives into a "gotcha" to defend a geriatric disgraced voice actor.

Who will replace Vic in future FMA stuff, JYB or Landon? Place your bets.

Not sure what the likelihood on FMA getting another revival. One thing I'd find interesting is if Ouran were to get a new series since the anime industry has been all about revitalizing old properties.

The other two roles I definitely see him getting recast in in the near future is Ikkaku in Bleach and Junpei in Persona.

Eraser Head

Aug 22, 2019
Oregon
Who will replace Vic in future FMA stuff, JYB or Landon? Place your bets.
Nothing like turning a natural disaster impacting lives into a "gotcha" to defend a geriatric disgraced voice actor.

Not sure what the likelihood on FMA getting another revival. One thing I'd find interesting is if Ouran were to get a new series since the anime industry has been all about revitalizing old properties.

The other two roles I definitely see him getting recast in in the near future is Ikkaku in Bleach and Junpei in Persona.

Unless they do another movie or video game to celebrate its anniversary, there's not much more to do with FMA anime wise. Brotherhood was very faithful to its source material (the first episode being an exception), although Aniplex of America (who currently holds the license to both anime) could decide to do a remastered version with a new dub like what Sunrise did for Gundam SEED, although that wouldn't fair for some of the voice actors who did good work on both anime and the movie. Especially the late Ed Blaylock as King Bradly/Pride/Wrath (depending on which version of the anime you're watching). Granted they could use it as an excuse to keep the original dub but have a new VA to replace what Vic did.

I just checked ANN and it doesn't seem like the blizzard is effecting Funimation so far, since one of their articles was revealing the dub cast for one of their back logged anime they licensed. As well as a dub for an anime that Sentai has released as sub only (Sentai is also based in Texas).

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
So is there been any update in the stupid appeal? It still tiring seeing people act like it will change anything

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Euhm7-IFXEAMDg17.jpg

download-2.png

download-3.png

Man, imagine malding at Vic losing a role in 2021. This long after the fact.

Second, lol at the whole start a dubbing studio idea being batted around.

Ah yes, just make a brand new dubbing studio.

That's the ticket.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
So why do anime fans hate Funimation so much? I'm tired of seeing videos on YouTube about how evil they are. I don't get it. It's always the same YouTubers too.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Euhm7-IFXEAMDg17.jpg

download-2.png

download-3.png

That's the ticket.

Ahh yes because everyone is going to want to work with a studio run by a persona non grata in the industry that already has several well established and regarded studios. Maybe he should start his own line of chibi toys as well since Funko Pop shot him down.

sensui-tomo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Euhm7-IFXEAMDg17.jpg

download-2.png

download-3.png

That's the ticket.
What they expect him to open up an dubbing studio like Chris Sabat or Richard Epcar(both of whom been voicing WAY longer(and more roles) than Vic ever has, even if he did its not like anyone would want to associate with Vic. People be mad dumb, and thats besides the point of opening up one in Texas where everything is fucked...

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
You guys following anime twitter out there, how much of this Vig shit is still going on?

I have only seen the super ridiculous "judge chupp caused the coldrush in texas"-stuff, but it seemed to die back down a few months after the case died?

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You guys following anime twitter out there, how much of this Vig shit is still going on?

I have only seen the super ridiculous "judge chupp caused the coldrush in texas"-stuff, but it seemed to die back down a few months after the case died?

the anime Twitter people I follow haven't been big on Vic for years anyway. So I basically see nothing unless it's chuds getting into it with TGreg

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017

There's still a bit, mostly the same people who just can't let it go, the guy who got kicked out of a convention pops up like every other month. But most of them, including the grifters, have jumped to the Gina Carano wagon now

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
the anime Twitter people I follow haven't been big on Vic for years anyway. So I basically see nothing unless it's chuds getting into it with TGreg
There's still a bit, mostly the same people who just can't let it go, the guy who got kicked out of a convention pops up like every other month. But most of them, including the grifters, have jumped to the Gina Carano wagon now

If it weren't for the snowflakes, Gina would be rolling in Oscars right now!

Eraser Head

Aug 22, 2019
Oregon
What they expect him to open up an dubbing studio like Chris Sabat or Richard Epcar(both of whom been voicing WAY longer(and more roles) than Vic ever has, even if he did its not like anyone would want to associate with Vic. People be mad dumb, and thats besides the point of opening up one in Texas where everything is fucked...

I don't mean to get to off topic, but what anime (or cartoons and possibly live action shows) has Epcar's company been behind? This is the first time I'm hearing that he has his own dubbing company and the ones I'm mainly familiar with in the US are Funimation's (OkraTron 5000) and Sentai's (Seraphim Digital) in house studios in Texas, Studiopolis and Bang Zoom! Entertainment in California, and Michael Sinterniklaas' NYAV Post in both New York and California.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
His resume is publicly available but his casting and directing is...

ARKHAM ORIGINS CO-DIRECTOR WB
ARKHAM ORIGINS:
BLACK GATE CO-DIRECTOR WB
DEAD ISLAND: RIPTIDE CO-DIRECTOR
TECHLAND
FAMILY GUY GAME DIRECTOR-SCRATCH TRACK FOX
VANDAL HEARTS:
FLAMES OF JUDGEMENT DIRECTOR KONAMI
QUANTUM OF SOLACE CO-CAST MO CAP ACTIVISION
STAR OCEAN 1 DIRECTOR NANICA / SQUARE ENIX
STAR OCEAN 2 DIRECTOR NANICA / SQUARE ENIX
ENEMY TERRITORY:
QUAKE WARS DIRECTER ACTIVISION
LUNIA DIRECTOR IJJI
S.U.N. DIRECTOR IJJI
LOST IN BLUE DIRECTOR KONAMI
BLUE DRAGON DIRECTOR MICROSOFT
UNREAL TOURNAMENT 3 DIRECTOR EPIC
JACKASS THE GAME DIRECTOR MICROSOFT
DEAD HEAD FRED DIRECTOR VICIOUS CYCLE
VICTORIOUS BOXERS DIRECTOR XCEED
VEGAS DIRECTOR MIDWAY GAMES
SMACK DOWN VS. RAW DIRECTOR THQ
FIGHTING SPIRIT DIRECTED GAMES
FIGHTING SPIRIT 2 DIRECTED GAMES
LUPIN THE THIRD DIRECTED GAMES
SHADOW HEARTS II: CONVENANT
DIRECTED MIDWAY GAMES
PROJECT SYLPHEED CASTING MICROSOFT
GODHAND CASTING CAP-COM
GALARIANS LINE PROD. & CASTING CRAVE ENT.
JADE CACOON LINE PROD. & CASTING CRAVE ENT.
AERO WINGS CO-DIRECTED & CASTING CRAVE ENT.
ABBY DIRECTED & CASTING C.M.Y.
AYMUN DIRECTED & CASTING C.M.Y.

sensui-tomo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If we really wanted to make that sound bad we should use Beau Billingslea as an example, the man is past his 70s and still voice acted (until just recently and I expect covid is why he cant/doesn't have a home setup like the younger VAs or more tech savvy ones might)
Or June Foray to completely shut that idea down.

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Shoot, no one tell them about Steve Blum-he's 60 and still kickin'
I know anime characters many times have to yell a lot and it's probably somewhat harder on the voice than other voice acting. But 58 doesn't sound that old when you have people who recorded voice lines for American Cartoons well into their 70s and 80s (and sometimes basically right up to their death).

Also the idea that Vic might be aging out of anything is ironic considering he still dresses like he shops at hot topic.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I know anime characters many times have to yell a lot and it's probably somewhat harder on the voice than other voice acting. But 58 doesn't sound that old when you have people who recorded voice lines for American Cartoons well into their 70s and 80s (and sometimes basically right up to their death).

Also the idea that Vic might be aging out of anything considering he still dresses like he shops at hot topic.

For the longest time Wiki didn't list his age. He was pulling some Tommy Wiseau shit with hiding the fact that he's almost fucking 60 but tries to appear as if he's in his mid to late 30s

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019

Doctor_Y

Avenger
Mar 14, 2019
His family has money iirc
But some of it thanks to him.

Let's be real. His house alone is easily worth half a million. So he won't go broke from paying all the legal fees. He might only lose his house. And i think it would be nice. Makes trying to seduce minors harder if you have to do it in a rundown appartment.