• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*Deep breath*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Since these are on gaming side, it seems two more voice actors have come out as unfortunate individuals.

James Arnold Taylor:
www.resetera.com

Voice Actor James Arnold Taylor (Ratchet/Tidus/Obi-Wan) is posting racist & covid conspiracies on Parler

To those who don't know Parler is a fringe right-wing social media platform blowing up of late because the right can't admit Trump lost. James Arnold Taylor, a well known video game and animation voice actor of Ratchet in the Ratchet & Clank games, Tidus in Final Fantasy X, and Obi-Wan in all...

Quinton Flynn:
www.resetera.com

Quinton Flynn (Raiden from MGS, Axel from Kingdom Hearts) has been sexually harassing his female fanbase on social media

This is legitimately disgusting & I hope his roles are recast going forward (Sega already dodged a bullet by recasting Silver in Team Sonic Racing). Sources: Beware Quinton Flynn (Twitter, with links to YouTube & an Instagram screenshot)

James has doubled down on "I don't know how those posts got there, it wasn't me" which is really giving off the Vic vibe of it being somebody else's fault. Lots of dodging too.

Quinton hasn't commented yet. TBH, my bias is definitely showing here, but I really hope he just comes out and says "Sorry, I fucked up," and apologizes. Getting real sick of the blame shifting and litigation threats.

Last edited:

Doctor_Y

Avenger
Mar 14, 2019

After Butch Hartman, ChuckHuber, Vic Mignogna and James Arnold Taylor pretty much the best reaction when someone famous calls themselves a "good christian" or "devout christian".
If they define themselves by being christian it apparently means "i can be the biggest scumbag on earth because Jesus died for all the sins i'm committing"

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
So "Funimation mistreated Vic" really is the new generally accepted truth and I don't know how to make heads or tails of it.

In the last month three different anime related videos on my feed had comments with triple digit likes about how he was wrongly accused and mistreated.

On Friday, someone named Just Stop put out a new video, now at 110k views, "How Funimation Became The Most Hated Dub Studio". I thought it was interesting because outside of the Vic fans, I've been hearing a lot of praise for Funi lately. Scrolling down to the comments and yup. "My wife and I now refuse to watch Funimation anime after what they did to Vic". Scrolling endlessly through the responses and not one person questions it. It's a 40 minute video but 10 minutes in I decided to thumb through- yeah it's all building toward Vic.

Removed it from my feed.

I still see people shitting on Monica Rial too.

Every time I think people have come to their senses or I stop thinking about it, the internet reminds me that people are awful.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So "Funimation mistreated Vic" really is the new generally accepted truth and I don't know how to make heads or tails of it.

In the last month three different anime related videos on my feed had comments with triple digit likes about how he was wrongly accused and mistreated.

On Friday, someone named Just Stop put out a new video, now at 110k views, "How Funimation Became The Most Hated Dub Studio". I thought it was interesting because outside of the Vic fans, I've been hearing a lot of praise for Funi lately. Scrolling down to the comments and yup. "My wife and I now refuse to watch Funimation anime after what they did to Vic". Scrolling endlessly through the responses and not one person questions it. It's a 40 minute video but 10 minutes in I decided to thumb through- yeah it's all building toward Vic.

Removed it from my feed.

Every time I think people have come to their senses or I stop thinking about it, the internet reminds me that people are awful.

Some of you really love to overblow this stuff. How many millions, if not tens of millions of people have watched Funimations output over the last couple decades and you think 100,000 views or comments with hundreds of likes means anything in the scheme of things?

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also, worth keeping in mind that (As I can attest to from first hand experience sadly) Vic worshipping shit-for-brains use every pitiful attempt to deceive from the alt-right playbook you can name... most especially using countless alt and troll accounts to make it look like Mignogna has SIGNIFICANTLY more support than he actually does.

No one outside of the fascist corner of anime fandom and lower tier alt-right Youtubers give a fuck at this point.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019

Removed it from my feed.

As Wolfman said, pretty much...

Also, worth keeping in mind that (As I can attest to from first hand experience sadly) Vic worshipping shit-for-brains use every pitiful attempt to deceive from the alt-right playbook you can name... most especially using countless alt and troll accounts to make it look like Mignogna has SIGNIFICANTLY more support than he actually does.

No one outside of the fascist corner of anime fandom and lower tier alt-right Youtubers give a fuck at this point.

This.

I'm sure everyone of those commenters refusing to watch Funi things now totally had a subscription to cancel. Getting close to two years since the allegations came to light, but they waited until Just Stop's (who?) video to sure show Funimation and Sony!

Azubah

Dec 30, 2017
Not Vic related but a few of my buddies dislike Funimation because they change the script to make it more...SJWish.

I get not liking huge changes to the script but I think they're just made about localization changes to make things easier to digest.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Not Vic related but a few of my buddies dislike Funimation because they change the script to make it more...SJWish.

I get not liking huge changes to the script but I think they're just made about localization changes to make things easier to digest.
If your buddies are using terms like SJW seriously then they're most likely chuds and harboring some abhorrent views.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017

I hope you're able to find new friends some day.

but in all seriousness that's another comment I saw a bunch and I have no idea what they're talking about.

As Wolfman said, pretty much...

This.

I'm sure everyone of those commenters refusing to watch Funi things now totally had a subscription to cancel. Getting close to two years since the allegations came to light, but they waited until Just Stop's (who?) video to sure show Funimation and Sony!
The views in the hundreds of thousands, the number of unique accounts, the hundreds of likes-- it's hard to believe that they're all alt-troll accounts. I feel like they've spread the misinformation enough that it's getting accepted as truth. Shitheels on YouTube help perpetuate it as well.

This JustStop guy, I've seen his videos come up a few times but it's usually innocuous, bland stuff like talking about a favorite character from a thing. But homeboy made a 40 minute video under the guise of "an inside look at the history of Funimation" to spread bullshit about Monica Rial, Chris Sabat, Funi and poor innocent Vic.

Would love to be wrong but I feel like not taking it seriously is a mistake.

Are there any YouTube videos that cover the Vic situation in a non-biased way? Serious question.

arcadepc

Banned
Dec 28, 2019

Funi ceo is far from what you'd call a "sjw"

Doctor_Y

Avenger
Mar 14, 2019
The views in the hundreds of thousands, the number of unique accounts, the hundreds of likes-- it's hard to believe that they're all alt-troll accounts. I feel like they've spread the misinformation enough that it's getting accepted as truth. Shitheels on YouTube help perpetuate it as well.

Then you haven't dealt with those guys enough. The ones still invested to this point are mostly people with obsessive personalities. You have to be irrationally obsessive to be able to spend days/weeks digging through some random twitter-users account to find something that you can pin on them and helps defend Vic. And this happens again and again.

Heck. It's the main reason the farms exist.

So yes. In the past 2 years we have seen thousands of sockpuppet-accounts and hyperobsessed trolls.

And besides the fact that views can easily be bought, it's also easy to manipulate the alghorithm. So if someone does a video and posts it to the farms and twitter and all the obsessed stans link it to each other, like and comment the video with all their little puppets it generates a lot of views and interaction really fast. This tells Youtube, that this is a video that should be recommended to Animefans or Dragonballfans etc.
This leads to more people watching it.

The fact that you had nobody in the comment section questioning the narrative isn't surprising. Who would bother? And why?
Why should anyone who's not a vicstan still care about the same bullshit-lies that get repeated over and over again? It's nothing new and if you write anything in the comments these little shitstains start harassing and annoying you. Trying to dig up every personal information they can find.

To put it simply.

Sockpuppetaccounts and hyperobsessive Stans get the video circulating and on a certain level.
Youtube recommends it.
Likeminded (alt-right) assholes watch and agree with it.
Youtube recommends it more.

Rinse and Repeat.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
To put it simply.

Sockpuppetaccounts and hyperobsessive Stans get the video circulating and on a certain level.
Youtube recommends it.
Likeminded (alt-right) assholes watch and agree with it.
Youtube recommends it more.

Rinse and Repeat.
I wish YouTube would take the issue of the extremist vacuum chambers they are creating more seriously. They are literally radicalizing the general public far more effectively than any terrorist groups before have ever managed.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I wish YouTube would take the issue of the extremist vacuum chambers they are creating more seriously. They are literally radicalizing the general public far more effectively than any terrorist groups before have ever managed.
YouTube is coming under more and more scrutiny these days.

www.theverge.com

Christchurch shooter was radicalized on YouTube, New Zealand report says

Jacinda Ardern, New Zealand’s Prime Minister, said that “This is a point I plan to make directly to the leadership of YouTube.”

Things can't stay the way they are.

Oct 25, 2017
While Funimation certainly has issues (the poor video player on their site, the baffling One Piece hiatuses, weird dialogue in Simuldubs like the pointless Gamergate reference in Prison School or the accidental blooper in Danganronpa 3), saying they're overrun with "SJWs" is just not true. Any business worth a damn will remove problematic employees or contractors. Whether it's an alcohol problem (Stephanie Naldony) or getting caught with illegal material (Scott Freeman) or being a massive jackass and suing your employer for calling out what a massive jackass you are (take a guess), a business is not going to put up with you.

dororo

Apr 9, 2018
First time posting on this thread-I've been following it a month or so after the news first broke about VM last year-

100% genuine question because I've been thinking about them every now and then: does anyone know how the actual VM fans (the Risembool Rangers) have been acting since VM lost the trial? Basically, I'm asking if there are any RR folks left? For everyone's sakes, including those RR people-I do hope they left and have denounced VM and see him for the horrible person he is.

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
First time posting on this thread-I've been following it a month or so after the news first broke about VM last year-

100% genuine question because I've been thinking about them every now and then: does anyone know how the actual VM fans (the Risembool Rangers) have been acting since VM lost the trial? Basically, I'm asking if there are any RR folks left? For everyone's sakes, including those RR people-I do hope they left and have denounced VM and see him for the horrible person he is.
I got some bad news for you. I think the RRs weren't a huge group to begin with (especially vs like overall anime fans) but boy are they enthusiastic about protecting Vic and pushing the idea that he will still win somehow.

Doctor_Y

Avenger
Mar 14, 2019
I got some bad news for you. I think the RRs weren't a huge group to begin with (especially vs like overall anime fans) but boy are they enthusiastic about protecting Vic and pushing the idea that he will still win somehow.

Don't forget. The RRs are a cult and always have been. Vic groomed these girls and they groomed, brainwashed and gaslighted each other. There have been members that got bullied into silence when they tried to come out about things he did inside their own discord. They called him their Führer for crying out loud.

And they still organize meet-ups with him, interview sessions etc.

The RR might not be as bad as the farmers, but like any cult, they are completely up Vics bleached arse.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
So, remember how Vic's stans were convinced Toei totally wasn't going to be happy about Vic's sacking and begged Toei to take the Dragon Ball license back from Funimation?

The Broly movie got fucking redubbed with JYB replacing Vic lol

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
So, remember how Vic's stans were convinced Toei totally wasn't going to be happy about Vic's sacking and begged Toei to take the Dragon Ball license back from Funimation?

The Broly movie got fucking redubbed with JYB replacing Vic lol

I'm glad you were able to tell, but just from the yelling I couldn't quite catch it. Since I know JYB did it in FighterZ, I think I could hear the likeness. Has this been confirmed anywhere else?

Edit: Okay, I listened to it again more closely and yeah I can hear JYB for sure. Wonder if there's a way I can update my Bluray lol

Last edited:

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
I'm glad you were able to tell, but just from the yelling I couldn't quite catch it. Since I know JYB did it in FighterZ, I think I could hear the likeness. Has this been confirmed anywhere else?

Edit: Okay, I listened to it again more closely and yeah I can hear JYB for sure. Wonder if there's a way I can update my Bluray lol

A new Blu-ray with this one change would be such a delicious middle finger to Vic that I don't think they'd do it. But what about if they released it on 4K UHD disc for the first time, and just happened to go with the most recent dub they had? 😎

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
I again ask.

Is there a YouTube video that recaps the Vic situation in a non biased way? I searched "kickvic vs istandwithvic" and "kickvic explained". 100% of the results were "explanation" videos, news, updates and reactions that were proVic.

All of them. I spent nearly 10 minutes scrolling. All of them were proVic. Some claimed to offer a non-biased explanation but call Monica, Marzgurl, Sabat liars.

But yeah. Every single video calls the kickvic stance a "lie", "abusive", "fake", etc. At least now I know who in the gaming and smash communities buy into this crap. Lots of the accounts are alt-right but some are just gamers or anime YouTubers that weren't giving their opinions until reacting to this. It's kind of bad.

Can someone offer ONE video that walks through the situation in a way that isn't explicitly proVic.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I again ask.

Is there a YouTube video that recaps the Vic situation in a non biased way? I searched "kickvic vs istandwithvic" and "kickvic explained". 100% of the results were "explanation" videos, news, updates and reactions that were proVic.

All of them. I spent nearly 10 minutes scrolling. All of them were proVic. Some claimed to offer a non-biased explanation but call Monica, Marzgurl, Sabat liars.

But yeah. Every single video calls the kickvic stance a "lie", "abusive", "fake", etc. At least now I know who in the gaming and smash communities buy into this crap. Lots of the accounts are alt-right but some are just gamers or anime YouTubers that weren't giving their opinions until reacting to this. It's kind of bad.

Can someone offer ONE video that walks through the situation in a way that isn't explicitly proVic.

You're not going to find those videos on Youtube. I don't necessarily understand it, but there's a community on Youtube that thrives on Channel Wars. If anyone made any sort of "unbiased" view of the case, it was called #kickvic (because let's be real, looking at it objectively means seeing that Vic shit the bed, regardless of your preference for the guy) and Chuds would go harass after being whipped up into a frenzy by #istandwithvic-ers. We saw a lot of this happening from various anime-centric and comicsgate channels who I won't bother mentioning their names. Frequenters of this thread knows who exactly I'm talking about though. Some posters here were even targeted. I'll leave it to them if they want to share who to avoid, but I don't think their names are worth typing.

If you want a run down of what happened, this post gives a good synopsis:

www.resetera.com

Vic Mignogna Lawsuit |OT| Hold My Beard (Update: Appeal lost, Mignogna must pay attorney fees to defendants)

I think your post got lost in the shuffle as concern trolls started but to answer your questions: 1) The court case is ongoing. Here is a REALLY quick summarised version of events. Hopefully someone can fill this out a bit more and we can get that Threadmarked or something. For reference, I'm...

But you're not going to find a Youtube video on it. Sorry.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
You're not going to find those videos on Youtube. I don't necessarily understand it, but there's a community on Youtube that thrives on Channel Wars. If anyone made any sort of "unbiased" view of the case, it was called #kickvic (because let's be real, looking at it objectively means seeing that Vic shit the bed, regardless of your preference for the guy) and Chuds would go harass after being whipped up into a frenzy by #istandwithvic-ers. We saw a lot of this happening from various anime-centric and comicsgate channels who I won't bother mentioning their names. Frequenters of this thread knows who exactly I'm talking about though. Some posters here were even targeted. I'll leave it to them if they want to share who to avoid, but I don't think their names are worth typing.

www.resetera.com

Vic Mignogna Lawsuit |OT| Hold My Beard (Update: Appeal lost, Mignogna must pay attorney fees to defendants)

I think your post got lost in the shuffle as concern trolls started but to answer your questions: 1) The court case is ongoing. Here is a REALLY quick summarised version of events. Hopefully someone can fill this out a bit more and we can get that Threadmarked or something. For reference, I'm...

Even that post is woefully out of date, the lazy sod who wrote it should really update it imo.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Even that post is woefully out of date, the lazy sod who wrote it should really update it imo.

Luckily the update is pretty short:

Vic sued a bunch of people for defamation and lost big time. He then appealed and while we're waiting for the appeal judgement to happen sometime early next year, all signs point to another big time loss.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017

www.resetera.com

Thank you.

It's bad enough when information is muddied by rampant partisan propoganda, but it's even worse when that propoganda is literally the only option.

I completely understand why someone wouldn't feel comfortable releasing an objective breakdown of the Vic situation on YouTube. But it's really, really fucking dangerous that it's the only truth that exists through that medium.

It ensures that the Vic stans are no longer simply alt-right fanatics and troll farms, but spreads that singular "truth" to other mediums as well- just as we saw with Ghostbusters, Captain Marvel, Terminator and now anything having to do with Funimation or the character of Bulma. The comments and videos spread until it becomes the sole common belief and the women involved continue to be slandered and harassed.

This thread wisely advised me to stop spending my energy in these comments sections, but I still wish I could do something.

This isn't going away.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Thank you.

It's bad enough when information is muddied by rampant partisan propoganda, but it's even worse when that propoganda is literally the only option.

I completely understand why someone wouldn't feel comfortable releasing an objective breakdown of the Vic situation on YouTube. But it's really, really fucking dangerous that it's the only truth that exists through that medium.

It ensures that the Vic stans are no longer simply alt-right fanatics and troll farms, but spreads that singular "truth" to other mediums as well- just as we saw with Ghostbusters, Captain Marvel, Terminator and now anything having to do with Funimation or the character of Bulma. The comments and videos spread until it becomes the sole common belief and the women involved continue to be slandered and harassed.

This thread wisely advised me to stop spending my energy in these comments sections, but I still wish I could do something.

This isn't going away.
Yeah it's depressing how easy the white male fan base of things like sci-fi, cape comics, anime, etc can be turned to the dark side.

The best you can do is keep trying to boost creators and critics who aren't sexist and try to promote an inclusive environment.