• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
I had to google it. When a person not involved in the case filed a brief because they believe they have relevant information that might sway the appeal in a certain direction.

So Nick would file on behalf of Vic.

Right. Nick is attempting to act as an amicus curiae (literal translation: "friend of the court"), a non-involved (ha!) third party bringing up to the court what they believe is relevant information regarding the case.

Now that being said, there are rules for an amicus brief, like everything else in how a case works. Filing deadlines were months ago, in fact the final ruling is expected to be made sometime this week (although it will be finalized this week, the actual announcements won't be made until early next year). There's also some talk that in Texas, to file an amicus brief, you have to be authorized to practice law in the state of Texas, something Screech is definitely not able to do.

Azubah

Dec 30, 2017
When has silly things like "law", "rules", and "logic" stopped our brave hero before? This is Anime Court, people.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
If the appeals court makes their decision this week, why do they wait until next year to announce it?

What is an amicus brief? Explain it to me like I'm five.
Amicus is also the mascot of the Supreme Court of Canada.

QZqrECt.jpg

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Lol

"I did everything I could for Vig by giving him a terrible lawyer who had no idea what he was doing, to the point where he had to be reminded to stand for the judge."

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Lol

"I did everything I could for Vig by giving him a terrible lawyer who had no idea what he was doing, to the point where he had to be reminded to stand for the judge."

So, he's either doing this to rile up his base into thinking he's doing something to help win, or he actually thinks he did something with this... not sure which option is more pathetic.

I guarantee there's a long screed about "the culture war" in that brief.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
I love that KF post about how this was all a secret plan to trick LawTwitter, because they have convinced themselves that LawTwitter cares that much

LawTwitter does not have a vested interest in this case outside of it just being funny

it was all just a waste of time and money and no self-respecting attorney would want to wade into it when they get nothing out of it, nor would the decision have any affect on wider US law

Doctor_Y

Avenger
Mar 14, 2019

So... let me get this straight.

Nick admits that he filed it way too late and that it wouldn't have been accepted anyway. But he did it so he could show that he does what he can for Vic.... even if it's nothing..... and too late...

Also....

Wasn't a huge part of the reason that Vic got away with barely a scratch when it comes to fines, that the court refused to accept Nicks involvement in the case to begin with?
Isn't a case of "Hey. I am the guy who grifted Vics Fans so they would pay for this lawsuit against Vics victims and i'm also the guy who made sure all the griftmoney goes to my Sugardaddy Percy, also known as the most incompetent Lawyer west of Caroline Island. Basically i wanna say all women are evil witches and if you don't say that they are guilty i will grift more money to sue more people" kind of contraproductive?

Like... wouldn't this serve as absolute proof that Vic should get a bigger fine and Monica should get more money?

The only thing sadder than that is, that the fruits and stans are dumb enough to fall for this charade again and again. Talk about Dunning Kruger.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I only skimmed the google drive. Just felt like it was a.......recap of the entire allegations? (Though heavily skewed towards Vig's side obviously)

Mike's run down seems less scorching. Not sure if that means there's just less dumbassery involved or what.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017

So what we're looking at is a very specific amicus briefing that's trying to fill a gaping hole in the appellant's incompetent briefing, submitted by an unadmitted out-of-state lawyer representing an in-state entity.

And that's pretty much it right there. The brief is gonna get thrown out by the court on procedural issues (mainly the late filing), but funny to see Screech screeching madly into the void and thinking it would help.

Doctor_Y

Avenger
Mar 14, 2019
A whole different question.

What is with that weird spacing? Does Screech try to make everything appear longer than it actually is?

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So the filing was dismissed as expected so to circumvent he's filing AGAIN pro se (ie as a non-attorney representing himself).

still way past deadline.

dunford on the subject:

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Oof, this one actually got Ken White's (Popehat) attention:

/3 it's not. It is not a shitshow. It's not alarmingly unprofessional or incendiary. It reflects a basic understanding of format, structure, and legal argument. It's not entertainingly bad. It's just deeply mediocre.

Screech in a nutshell.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I wonder if anyone in TX will get annoyed enough with screech to actually attempt to do something about him.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
So question, how much it will take until it's finally over?

As if they lost and nothing can be done anymore

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
So question, how much it will take until it's finally over?

As if they lost and nothing can be done anymore

We're pretty much there. This is the final screeching by Screech prior to the appellate judge making their ruling, which we'll get sometime in early 2021. After they get bum rushed out of court again, they could conceivably appeal to the Texas Supreme Court for relief (which they will). There's no chance of the TSC picking up this case.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what human cancer he'll cling to after Vic is thoroughly flushed down the toilet of society. I have to imagine that gravy train will derail at some point in the near future.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
I completely posted this shit in the wrong place.

The amount of "I didn't mean it like that"/"I was mislead"/"It was all those other people" is going to be overwhelming in this up and coming period.

They can all fuck right off.

Last edited:

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
UGH

So, this minor Funimation voice actor just admitted to sending nude pics to a minor.

www.animenewsnetwork.com

UPDATED: Anime Voice Actor Chris Thurman Admits to Sending Nude Photos to Minor

Thurman tweeted on now deleted Twitter account: 'It's all there, it happened. Wasn't an accident.'

And now Vic stans are using this as a way to drag Funimation as hypocritical and "Why would you fire pure, sweet, innocent Vic and keep THIS sicko?"

Like the story JUST broke.

UGHHHHHH

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
UGH

So, this minor Funimation voice actor just admitted to sending nude pics to a minor.

www.animenewsnetwork.com

Thurman tweeted on now deleted Twitter account: 'It's all there, it happened. Wasn't an accident.'

And now Vic stans are using this as a way to drag Funimation as hypocritical and "Why would you fire pure, sweet, innocent Vic and keep THIS sicko?"

UGHHHHHH

At this point who gives a fuck what VicStans say or do? They're a tiny niche of an already niche community. Some of you shouldn't even be signal boosting these assholes.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
UGH

www.animenewsnetwork.com

UGHHHHHH
Anything to defend their shitty idol.

I doubt Funimation will keep this other dude on their payroll for much longer, but as always vigstans are desperate to find any angle.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
At this point who gives a fuck what VicStans say or do? They're a tiny niche of an already niche community. Some of you shouldn't even be signal boosting these assholes.
Eh, I see where you're coming from, that's why I don't link to any tweets. The post is part venting but also the way I see it is this probably the latest angle that Screech and Percy might latch on to hence I think it's relevant to the thread.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I see where you're coming from, that's why I don't link to any tweets. The post is part venting but also the way I see it is this probably the latest angle that Screech and Percy might latch on to hence I think it's relevant to the thread.

And those two are long since pigeon holed into positions that preach to a tiny but noisy choir. They're not even big time players in the internet shit head brigade that need major deplatforming as they barely have one at this point.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
And those two are long since pigeon holed into positions that preach to a tiny but noisy choir. They're not even big time players in the internet shit head brigade that need major deplatforming as they barely have one at this point.
Fair enough. I just felt like maybe it would be informative since they're posting on the social media accounts with very little to no context.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Well, this is definitely the development that will conclusively prove Vig's innocence, decisively win the appeal in his favor, and show those bastards at Funimation that the real bad guys are themselves.

Oh wait, no it won't.

ConfusingJazz

Not the Ron Paul Texas Fan.
Oct 26, 2017
China
UGH

www.animenewsnetwork.com

UGHHHHHH

So funimation is just going to cease any current productions with him, and never hire him again. What's that got to do with Vic being an asshole?

MarzGurl

Jan 23, 2019
Long Beach, CA
They did the exact same thing this past month with bad eggs over at Rooster Teeth. The thought process is that it's some kind of divine justice for Rooster Teeth and Funimation to be going through other problems, and that somehow it either proves Vic's innocence, or is just some sort of karma raining down upon these companies for dropping their sweet cinnamon roll last year, never mind the fact that it's entirely possible for more than one person to be a bad human being at the same time, or that perhaps the issue is that there is a larger predator problem/power dynamic problem in the industry on the whole.

But yes, every time something bad happens that is even loosely tied to either one of these companies, these outliers ALWAYS find a way to make it about Vic, even though he's wholly irrelevant to the current situation. The conspiracies continue near daily. It clogs up and slows down any legitimate conversation about any of these topics. That could be why some people here are finding it irritating that the name keeps popping up. Because you're right, it has NOTHING to do with Vic. But SOMEBODY is ALWAYS making it about Vic.

grunkleFungus

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
NC, US
Genius, circle around a guy's house and brag about it on a public forum. That'll really show em!

Fuck cops, ACAB, but I'd love to be a fly on the wall to see one of these idiot Kiwis dragged off and tased.

Doctor_Y

Avenger
Mar 14, 2019
What exactly happened? Out of context it just looks like Toye posted a picture of a black car outside his house and everyone is all "OMG STAY SAFE".

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What exactly happened? Out of context it just looks like Toye posted a picture of a black car outside his house and everyone is all "OMG STAY SAFE".
According to him he saw some people from kiwi farms posting they know where his house is and had gone there to intimidate him, and then he saw that there was car circling his house a bunch of times through his cameras.

Doctor_Y

Avenger
Mar 14, 2019
According to him he saw some people from .... posting they know where his house is and had gone there to intimidate him, and then he saw that there was car circling his house a bunch of times through his cameras.
This guy has too much time on his hands that he can still reply to all the tweets and surf on KF. Don't get me wrong. Fuck the farms and everybody on there, but the guy already won the lawsuit and will definitely win the appeals too. There's no need for him to act like the Stans, Screech and all the other asshats.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
This guy has too much time on his hands that he can still reply to all the tweets and surf on KF. Don't get me wrong. Fuck the farms and everybody on there, but the guy already won the lawsuit and will definitely win the appeals too. There's no need for him to act like the Stans, Screech and all the other asshats.
...what? This is your response to allegedly active harassment?

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
It's also pretty reasonable to assume that other people have told him about threats to him on there. He doesn't need to be reading it himself.

Doctor_Y

Avenger
Mar 14, 2019
...what? This is your response to allegedly active harassment?
It is my response to him on twitter in general at this point. We know the stans are obsessed, creepy fanatics. Some of them who might actually be dangerous once their mother throws them out of the basement.
So i don't see why he would keep constantly antagonizing and discussing with them. It serves no purpose at this point. You might as well try to discuss with a TERF or an AntiVaxxer.

Will it change anyones mind about the Vicstans? Or Vic? Or the lawsuit? No.
Does it keep the Stans from being obsessed assholes? No.
Does it help keeping his and his family safe? Absolutely not.

The only thing he does is paint an even bigger target on his back, endangering himself and his family even more.

He is one of the (many) victims in this case and he's absolutely in the right to protect himself. But there are different ways how you can handle a rabbid dog threatening you.

One of them is making sure to get out of its way.

Aka blocking and reporting those idiots and try to live your life without acknowledging them.

Another one is wiggling your bare ass in front of its snarling mouth.

I wonder what's the safer idea for you and everybody around you.

And believe me i know what's it like being targetted and doxxed, it happened to me too and it's scary as fuck. And the urge to grab one of them and cause some serious physical and mental harm can be overwhelming. But in the end you only end up escalating it further and unless there is a need to escalate it, it's simply not worth it.

I would understand and respect it, if he did it to keep others out of the line of fire. Setting yourself up as a target so others get ignored is a noble gesture. But this doesn't really work if you live in the same house with another target.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus christ, somebody thought it was a good idea to give this jackass a film forum in Michigan next month. https://www.phoenixmovies.net/special-events/vic-mignogna-film-forum#about

Vic is old news, even seemingly with many of the places and people who couldn't stop talking about him a year ago. This is catering to the most hardcore of Stan's and I can't imagine there are nearly enough of them to make this thing worthy, even as some kind of troll.