• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.

giphy.gif

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty crazy that there are people who still think that this was some conspiracy perpetuated by people close to and within the industry, including convention staff and organizers, to ruin a voice actor with "conservative values" over his role as fucking Broly, and (presumably) still follow a failed lawyer who isn't even subtle about taking advantage of the situation, even after admitting he makes more money from being a grifter. Never mind the fact that talk of his behavior was something that was fairly well-known nearly twenty years ago, even before anyone even gave much of a shit about him.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
lol I fucking wish, after what they went through with GG I'm pretty sure if they were running twitter there'd be a lot less Nazis on the site

While I am no fan of Anita, I find it weird that they're call a danger, while Nick doesn't get the same treatment from these people after he said that Vic couldn't make it as a cop since he would shot black people.

But it's a thing where the right wing believes that the left runs everything. The right has this strange victim complex, despite them current running the White House and Senate.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
DP but:

But it's a thing where the right wing believes that the left runs everything. The right has this strange victim complex, despite them current running the White House and Senate.

It's a brilliant devious little mind trick. Seize as much power and influence as you can, whine to the high heavens that you don't have literally all of it, then move the goalposts because you're never satisfied. That way you always get the comfort of being the scrappy underdog, and in this climate the conversation only naturally slides rightward.

And what's brilliant is there's no master chess skills needed for it. Any stubborn dipshit from Bumblefuck, Nowhere can do this shit, as long as you have no shame in acting like a massive child.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018

See, they all think that the white house is right now trying to hunt down a cabal of pedophiles being protected by the deep state or something. Maybe they're on to something; Doucette's a Republican after all

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
See, they all think that the white house is right now trying to hunt down a cabal of pedophiles being protected by the deep state or something. Maybe they're on to something; Doucette's a Republican after all

Haven't heard that. Do know about the supposed Deep State and conspiracy to take down the president after he admitted to asking another country to dig up dirt on his opponent. Perfectly normal stuff these last couple of years.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't heard that. Do know about the supposed Deep State and conspiracy to take down the president after he admitted to asking another country to dig up dirt on his opponent. Perfectly normal stuff these last couple of years.
Here ya go, the wiki page on it.
If you want an extra laugh, read the Talk page for it and see the amount of times some nutjob has come in and went "THIS PAGE IS BIAS BY CALLING OUR CONSPIRACY THEORY A CONSPIRACY THEORY."

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I actually saw this not too long ago, admittingly it slipped my mind and I thought someone here would mention it, but didn't see it here so might as well bring it to everyone's attention (that's on me for assuming): a local (low-tier) con here in Florida is inviting Vic:

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
I find it amusing that:

1) Vic is still sending out that one head shot that's gotta be like 15+ years old by now. Has he not been in a photography studio in 15 years?
2) All of the characters in that graphic are characters from shows that ended 10+ years ago or he's been replaced on. And... that one time he played Captain Kirk and William Shatner william shat all over him for it.

LiS Matt

Jan 19, 2018
I find it amusing that:

1) Vic is still sending out that one head shot that's gotta be like 15+ years old by now. Has he not been in a photography studio in 15 years?
2) All of the characters in that graphic are characters from shows that ended 10+ years ago or he's been replaced on. And... that one time he played Captain Kirk and William Shatner william shat all over him for it.
He's just using the headshots from the last time he was relevant, perfectly normal

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I find it amusing that:

He's just using the headshots from the last time he was relevant, perfectly normal
You can't blame him, the odds of him melting are like 50/50.

It's ironic that they included his Kirk picture since it's shown how much he's changed.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
I know it was rumored that Viz dropped Vig too, but it looks like they've finally started recasting his roles. He's been replaced as Melzargard in the OPM game:

I wonder when we'll find out who's replacing him as Rohan for the OVA.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I know it was rumored that Viz dropped Vig too, but it looks like they've finally started recasting his roles. He's been replaced as Melzargard in the OPM game:

Listening to some game audio and comparing it to the anime, I can barely tell the difference. Which is great, Vic's just that replaceable.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019

Listening to some game audio and comparing it to the anime, I can barely tell the difference. Which is great, Vic's just that replaceable.

His "fans" don't even notice. Brief look down this new guy's Twitter and thankfully it's full of support.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
His "fans" don't even notice. Brief look down this new guy's Twitter and thankfully it's full of support.

Bang Zoom (who did the dub for OPM) also silently recast his character in Bungo Stray Dog's third season and his stans didn't make a peep either. They've been so laser focused on Funimation and Rooster Teeth they've ignored that no other studio wants to touch him either.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Bang Zoom (who did the dub for OPM) also silently recast his character in Bungo Stray Dog's third season and his stans didn't make a peep either. They've been so laser focused on Funimation and Rooster Teeth they've ignored that no other studio wants to touch him either.

I noticed that Ranpo's casting was changed in the Dead Apple movie and into the third season. I watched Bungo through Funimation so I figured they did it. I didn't realize it was Bang Zoom. I guess that explains the lack of fervor XD

Oct 25, 2017

Good for Kellen Goff. Even though Mezelgard is a small-time villain, it's something at least.
He's one of the rising stars of the dubbing side. His biggest role yet is probably Overhaul in My Hero Academia. He's also Rekka Hoshimiya in Fire Force and Hans in KonoSuba.

But yeah, it really shows how easily replaceable Vic is in the grand scheme of things. JYB already took two of his biggest roles (Broly and Sabo) and more and more of his roles keep getting replaced. Unsurprising that Viz & Bang Zoom want nothing to do with him either. When you sue a former employer, nobody is going to want to touch you.
If Atlus ever makes another Persona spin-off with the Persona 3 cast, I expect Junpei to get recast too.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA

Oh I had no idea they were dubbing the OPM game. I'll have to pick this up. :O

Seems like anything not Naruto or DBZ gets left in Japanese regardless of popularity.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So I actually saw this not too long ago, admittingly it slipped my mind and I thought someone here would mention it, but didn't see it here so might as well bring it to everyone's attention (that's on me for assuming): a local (low-tier) con here in Florida is inviting Vic:

I wonder what the turnout was like at that con in Kitchener last weekend. It was held in the lobby of city hall.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I had no idea they were dubbing the OPM game. I'll have to pick this up. :O

Seems like anything not Naruto or DBZ gets left in Japanese regardless of popularity.

And it's a Namco Bandai and Spike Chunsoft game too, so even more surprising. :O

Because yeah, Bamco anime games generally don't get dubs anymore save for Naruto and DBZ, which have most likely been grandfathered in by virtue of them having major games since the PS2 era.

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017

I can barely tell a difference between Mignonga's Qrow and Liebricht's Qrow in RWBY. If I didn't know Mignonga had been fired, I doubt I would have thought anything was amiss.

Eraser Head

Aug 22, 2019
Oregon
I watched Bungo through Funimation so I figured they did it. I didn't realize it was Bang Zoom. I guess that explains the lack of fervor XD

Bungo Stray Dogs was dubbed during the Funimation-Crunchyroll partnership. During that partnership is seems like a most of those dubs were done in either Texas or California, the only exception was season 3 of Gintama (Sentai still holds the rights to the first two seasons) which was dubbed in Canada.

Deleted member 9479

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well they sure have figured out how to bring Sony and Funi down now. STOCK BUYOUT.

Guy even put up an indiegogo trying to get people to give him money to buy more stocks. You almost have to respect the gall of the grift

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well they sure have figured out how to bring Sony and Funi down now. STOCK BUYOUT.

Guy even put up an indiegogo trying to get people to give him money to buy more stocks. You almost have to respect the gall of the grift

Even if he bought 100K in Sony stocks it's like a drop in the bucket to a company that size.

Deleted member 9479

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Even if he bought 100K in Sony stocks it's like a drop in the bucket to a company that size.

the fact that he made such a big deal out of buying one stock makes me want to believe it's all a big joke. Mainly because I'm always looking at these people from a "you can't be serious please tell me you're joking" angle. Their levels of delusion have no bottom floor, though, it seems.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I came into this thread to unwatch it but I didn't know I could've been having this kind of entertainment oh lawd

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol can you imagine these chodes at an actual investor meeting of Sony's? "WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT CASTING VIC IN ALL YOUR ANIMES YOU COWARDS!"

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
Every time I see this thread getting bumped I think this can't get even dumber.
But it does, always.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There are very bad People in Corporations that believe in Pushing Forced Political Pushing Agendas, "Woke" culture and willing to use Cancel Culture Cancer and their social media / Online Outrage Hate mobs to Fire, Destroy and Ruin anyone who dares get in their way.

For Example, people like Roy Moore, Vic Mignogna, Johnny Yong Bosch, Brett Kavanaugh, The Covington kids, Bernie Sanders, Tulsi Gabbard, Jesse Ventura, Johnny Depp, Mayer Vs. Waid and the list goes On and On And On…..

I don't, I can't, I just

What