• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Oh good, I wasn't the only one that thought they sounded the same. I didn't come across any of the same Twitter avatars that kept defending Vig, but whoo, taking that show down from streaming sure brought out some chuds that makes me suspect.

"Better refund those of us who subscribed for that show!" Who subscribes for one show lol

Like everyone who said they were "cancelling their subs" based on how Funi treated Vic, I'm pretty sure most of them watches their shows on some pirate site.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Oh good, I wasn't the only one that thought they sounded the same. I didn't come across any of the same Twitter avatars that kept defending Vig, but whoo, taking that show down from streaming sure brought out some chuds that makes me suspect.

"Better refund those of us who subscribed for that show!" Who subscribes for one show lol

Like everyone who said they were "cancelling their subs" based on how Funi treated Vic, I'm pretty sure most of them watches their shows on some pirate site.
Plenty of people subbed to Disney+ just for The Mandalorian. I highly doubt any of the people you're referring to were subbed to Funi though.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Plenty of people subbed to Disney+ just for The Mandalorian. I highly doubt any of the people you're referring to were subbed to Funi though.

You're right. Apologies for making such a general assumption. I guess the impression I got of the types of people to get this upset about this thing would be the kind to absorb as much content as they could. Eat/sleep/drink anime, so I find it hard to believe there isn't SOMETHING ELSE in the large catalogue that they could watch too. But again, that's a generalization so whoops on my part.

But yeah, I agree, I doubt they were subbed to begin with. Just gotta stir the pot.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Here is Vig talking to a few people about how he isn't annoying to work with. Like at all.

He really loves the smell of his own farts.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
When you only interact with yourself, of course you'd believe you were easy to work with.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Vig got invited to another con, he and Blackface Lawyer are the "Featured guests" with Vig being the "Guest of Honour"...

giphy.gif

Coincidentally they also announced a non-attending fan pass at the same time they announced Vig. Imagine that...

Edit: Oh boy, it seems like that con has lots of issues.

Holy shit, I actually remember this con jumping on the Vig bandwagon last year lmao.

Last edited:

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks like Vig got invited to another con, he and Blackface Lawyer are the "Featured guests" with Vig being the "Guest of Honour"...

giphy.gif

Coincidentally they also announced a non-attending fan pass at the same time they announced Vig. Imagine that...

Yes it's a complete joke of a con. A comic con with no comics professionals. Just a washed up abuser, his racist lawyer, some cosplayers, a couple costumed mascots... grifters saw a new grift they could get in on.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Finally, the gift for the person in your life who liked loot crate but thought it wasn't scummy and pointless enough

Oct 26, 2017
The simple fact is, there's money in being a professional edgelord. Shitty people will gladly fork over cash for somebody to publicly confirm their biases.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
It is super fascinating how all these "pay money to indirectly support Vig"-things never go to Vig. It is almost like this guy is turning into a cottage industry... and he will have to pay SO much money for the privilege.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit that is a bold stance. "Sorry, we're not qualified to determine what murder is, so we won't do anything."

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So I looked up a video today to see if I could find info on the 2 MHA dub delay and the video I found made a brief mention at the end of Funimation being in a scandalous lawsuit. I should just assume dude is a vig stan and remove the video from my watch history right?

Doctor_Y

Avenger
Mar 14, 2019
Wow, as if this con couldn't get any more trash.

Well. At least the admit that they are not qualified to use their brains.

Not sure if anyone wants to attend a con with unqualified people.

"This guy is trying to rape my friend!"
- "Dude sorry. I'm not qualified to evaluate if this actually rape. Maybe if you find a policeman he can tell me if it was"

And of course it's a convention being lead by someone with sexual harrasment allegations (from what i can gather).

So Vig and his grifters basically only attend sexual-harassment-cons. I didn't know this was a niche-market until now.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I'm seeing all the Vic stans going "see what happened to Johnny Depp ?? That's what happened to Vic !!!" and it made me sick to my stomach.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
So I looked up a video today to see if I could find info on the 2 MHA dub delay and the video I found made a brief mention at the end of Funimation being in a scandalous lawsuit. I should just assume dude is a vig stan and remove the video from my watch history right?
Yeah, it's really hard to avoid those recommendations on YouTube.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
At least Loot Crate gave you licensed stuff. with this you get...

*checks papers*

A personalized replica VIP pass... for a con that you didn't attend... for $20.

You forgot that it'll be signed by a RANDOM FEATURED GUEST. Pay more and I get something signed by the con staff. Why the eff would I want something signed by randos who staff a con? Even if it was a good con....... Sorry if that sounds harsh.

Also how long is Vig going to be using a picture from 20 years ago to promote himself?

The lawsuit is over, so yeah they're full of shit. Appeals are happening, but the verdict was 0-17 in the D's favor. Nothing "scandalous" about it.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's really hard to avoid those recommendations on YouTube.

Yeah I blocked a few channels that popped up when this started.

The lawsuit is over, so yeah they're full of shit. Appeals are happening, but the verdict was 0-17 in the D's favor. Nothing "scandalous" about it.

Oh I know, it was literally a no context jab in an unrelated video that is not some one I watch. Did not wanna click further into persons content so I figured I would just see if I there was anything else they could have meant by it.

Eraser Head

Aug 22, 2019
Oregon
You forgot that it'll be signed by a RANDOM FEATURED GUEST. Pay more and I get something signed by the con staff. Why the eff would I want something signed by randos who staff a con? Even if it was a good con....... Sorry if that sounds harsh.

Don't forget that card could also be signed by Nick Rekieta making it beyond worthless, you'd actually have to pay someone just to take it off of your hands.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
The google answers thing straight up says just about what the thread title is. I'm not sure how others think he's been winning at this

Because it's not on Youtube. Court documents and cited precedent cases be damned. If it's not something an angry face on Youtube is spouting off about, it's got to be false!

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Got some good news.

I can't think of another time I actually recognized the account shown due to how long it takes. I'm not even sure when I'd reported him; might have been months ago?

What does that even mean? Like, I've received those "updates" before but when I check (if I care to) the account, they're still posting.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
What does that even mean? Like, I've received those "updates" before but when I check (if I care to) the account, they're still posting.

Could just be a temporary ban where they ask him to delete the offending tweets to have access again (possibly with a ban time starting after the deletion).

Doctor_Y

Avenger
Mar 14, 2019
Could just be a temporary ban where they ask him to delete the offending tweets to have access again (possibly with a ban time starting after the deletion).

Most likely. Twitter isn't really smart. If they were they would know that he is using a new account to circumvent his permabann.
He's also still partner on twitch.

But considering who sometimes gets partnered by Twitch. It's not surprising.

The good thing about guys like him? They create their own psychopaths. Sooner or later one of his riled up fanboys will feel unappreciated and go after him. Or the Kiwis realize that they've become a drunk boomers little bitches.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Even more brigading in the comments. I am laughing at the 100%factual username though.

That name combined with his comments is just lolworthy.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I've decided to look and see how factual 100%factual is. He says that Jamie & Monica are getting no work. I skimmed through Funimation's Winter lineup:

Jamie: A background character in Darwin's Game. She's also doing script work in at least one of the episodes of ID: Invaded.

Monica: Izumi - Lead Female Role in A3!, reprising her role as Tsu in My Hero Academia, reprising her role as Tanya in Isekai Quartet.

I may have missed some. Like I said, I just skimmed.

So uh....... who's fabricating what now?

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've decided to look and see how factual 100%factual is. He says that Jamie & Monica are getting no work. I skimmed through Funimation's Winter lineup:

Jamie: A background character in Darwin's Game. She's also doing script work in at least one of the episodes of ID: Invaded.

Monica: Izumi - Lead Female Role in A3!, reprising her role as Tsu in My Hero Academia, reprising her role as Tanya in Isekai Quartet.

And like someone else said there, monica is going to a big named anime convention vs Vig going to.... nothing burger cons.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

She also got recently cast as another signifcant character in Black Clover in addition to already playing Mereoleona.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017

Them constantly saying it so they feel better about themselves, its actually pathetic

Oct 25, 2017

Don't forget that Monica will be in every Dragon Ball related thing ever, unless it decides to exclude Bulma for some reason.
And depending on when it happens, the upcoming episodes of the One Piece dub will have Tashigi so she'll be around for those.

Basically, these people are full of shit.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017

All of that pales in comparison to the acting chops needed for deep Dragon Ball Z character Broly

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I should take a break from engaging some of the comments in that article. Woof I can only deal with so more ignorance at a time.