• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017

tenor.gif

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017

Okay who on the VicStan side tried to explain to this person what "corroboration" and "credibility" and "weight of the evidence" typically means in evidence law and gave the most asinine explanation ever (this person is super wrong in a lot of ways, but I -think- I know what he was attempting to express beneath that wrong info and otherwise word salad)

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Funny this comes today when I was debating someone about Vic. They put out the usual false info about Funi being assholes who tries to ruin Vic's life and how Chris ran his casting couch as claimed by the voice of 17 and OG Kid Gohan and the whole Funi Leaks.

I called them out on how OG Kid Gohan said nothing outside their Twitter being hacked with the screen shot to prove it and the Funi Leaks were actually used in conversations.

I even linked this thread so they can read the docs for themselves. Should have figured they weren't debating in good faith when they claimed this thread wasn't updated since January and everyone was bias. I had to tell them that the thread was updated just today and the January date was the month the thread was created. They still complained the site being bias, so I directly linked them the court case including Vic's entire depo where he hung himself. I also posted the evidence that Nick was a leech and barely qualified as a lawyer (him talking about the refile with his herd), especially him recommending Beard to Vic who couldn't even file docs on time and never once handled a case like this.

Their response hours later? Bitch that I'm bias as fuck because I said Nick barely qualifies as a lawyer since he owned his own law firm, pass the bar, and had clients. I had to mocked them over them calling me bias when I literally showed the proof of Nick's shadiness and passing the bar and owning your own law firm doesn't mean you're a good lawyer since almost everything Nick said about this case was wrong and Beard pass the bar too, yet can't even fill his paperwork correctly or on time. I also said it was telling that they were defending Nick and not Vic over his depo.

Just burying they're heads and screaming 'bias' when they don't like the facts. The kicker is that I got downvoted several times, it was on Reddit, but no one debating me on the docs I posted.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
The best part of that... Nick didn't "pass the bar.". The Bar in his state requires diploma only and a filing fee, no additional test.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Really. That's going into my edit, thanks.

Does he also have any clients and argued in a court of law.

That I don't know for sure but I doubt it. Don't have access to the right search engines for that.

I do know he's a trust fund baby who before lawschool worked a bank and was fired for having his drawer magically open during a meeting. He claims he accidently banged into it and it opened.

Anyone who has ever worked even retail knows why that is stupid.

Edit: My father likes to claim the whole, "You said some facts I don't like, so your bias" angle.

But he successfully crawled out the Kekistan whole this year. Haven't talked to him about real stuff since that happened. But he said the reason he stopped watching those altright assholes was because he realized he was being lied to.

Last edited:

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
That I don't know for sure but I doubt it. Don't have access to the right search engines for that.

I do know he's a trust fund baby who before lawschool worked a bank and was fired for having his draw magically open during a meeting. He claims he accidently banged into it and it opened.

Anyone who has ever worked even retail knows why that is stupid.

Another great edit. Nick really is a mess.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Actually interesting point. Since Mr Doucette's CHUD blocker was put up I've actually been occasionally joining into the Threadnaught.

Has anyone else on this thread felt sort of scared to share their opinions of this on social media.

Also MarzGurl is awesome because she has had no fear since day one.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The best part of that... Nick didn't "pass the bar.". The Bar in his state requires diploma only and a filing fee, no additional test.

Are you sure? I thought Nick was a Minnesota guy. Diploma privilege is only a Wisconsin thing these days. When did Minnesota kill theirs?

Edit: Apparently New Hampshire has it, too.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Are you sure? I thought Nick was a Minnesota guy. Diploma privilege is only a Wisconsin thing these days. When did Minnesota kill theirs?

Edit: Apparently New Hampshire has it, too.

The Minnesota Board of Law Examiners didn't start administrating the bar exam until 2014, I don't know if they require members to retake the exam (or take it if they joined prior to 2014) at any point during renewal, I can't find information about it. I do know Minnesota will also let lawyers who've practiced law for 5 of the last 7 years in another jurisdiction into the bar without needing to pass the exam as long as they graduated from an approved law school. So it's possible that Screech simply passed law school, got into the Minnesota Bar before 2014 (his YT channel was created in 2011), and has just been a dues paying member since.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone else on this thread felt sort of scared to share their opinions of this on social media.
I pretty much dropped discussing anything Vic-related on Twitter after this.

Screenshots of my tweets are further down the chain. It's not so much out of fear that I stopped, it's just a huge waste of time trying to convince a bunch of brick walls that they're wrong.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
It's not so much out of fear that I stopped, it's just a huge waste of time trying to convince a bunch of brick walls that they're wrong.

Pretty much this. I wanted to, but I saw some of the harassment unbiased lawyers were getting in the Threadnought, so it made me wary. I have family I have to concern myself with. I know this makes me a shit ally, so I basically just try to share the ANN articles with friends that don't follow the loop too closely but are aware of who Vig is.

Closest I got to responding to one of these was in reply to Funimation, usually something positive about what they're posting in advertising a particular anime to drown out those negative still going on about being "unjustly" fired. Thankfully that's died down.

They recently made a post about FMA: Brotherhood though, and someone obviously tried to start something by asking "Who Ed's VA is." Someone responded with the Japanese actor and the guy posts basically saying "Why are you watching stuff on Funi then, they just dub." I derailed that by pointing out that "Subs do exist for those with that preference" and he tried to say that "makes Funi pointless" or some nonsense. The conversation was dropped then and there though, since he obviously wanted to bring up Vig but really couldn't in that context.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I don't talk about Vic if I don't have to and my experience yesterday proved that they're not interesting in the facts when you can post court documents and proof that Nick is a fraud, but still get called 'bias as fuck' because you say Nick barely qualities as a lawyer, while they avoid addressing Vic's depo where he talks about kissing underage girls and destroying evidences. And of course get downvoted by salty people who don't like what you said, but can't dispute what you said.

But I think what is more annoying that Vic's herd are the hardcore sub fans who used Vic's case as an excuse to shit on the English VAs, especially Sean and Sabat. Not sure what it is, but a lot of the more hardcore sub fans hate them and will jump on anything that makes them look bad, even if it means defending someone accused of sexual harassment. Like, how petty can you get?

Deleted member 60096

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2019
Something I'm seeing ISWV try to use as a justification to themselves now that JYB is officially Broly is that "him and Vic are friends so its fine". And while I don't know if its true, if so then thats disappointing, even if it is Vig is still out of a job. My favourite part about all of this has just been how much they've moved the goalposts throughout this whole thing. It started with them winning if Vig not only won the lawsuits but also managed to get all the jobs he lost for being a creep and now we've reached the point where someone who might be friends with him taking over his roles and him losing slightly less money than initially thought is enough to be a win. Its bananas watching how their minds work.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I don't know if they're friends, but I also don't remember him coming to the defense of either Vig or Monica/Jamie/etc. I'm sure he's on good terms with Funi though, if they recast Sabo with his voice. I think JYB just remained quiet during the whole fiasco. Many VAs have. I could not tell you the difference to him and, say, the RWBY VA replacement though. Vig Stans harassed him, despite me getting the impression that that guy didn't say a single thing good or bad about Vig either.

My only theory is that the stans believe that JYB has stans of his own and that's a fight they don't want to pick. They also don't have "ammunition" like they do with Sabat/Schemmel with the unverified Casting Couch or the DBZ Outtakes.

But it goes to show it was never, truly, about Vig to these guys.

Oct 25, 2017
I'll just say that if you think Dragon Ball fans are crazy, Power Ranger fans are next-level. You do not want to go after JYB.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
I'll just say that if you think Dragon Ball fans are crazy, Power Ranger fans are next-level. You do not want to go after JYB.

Additionally, the Power Ranger fans are definitely going to be the ones beefing with VicStans, especially considering that the show is centered on inclusiveness and other ideals that... just aren't compatible with the philosophies the Vic fans got, to but it very short

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Additionally, the Power Ranger fans are definitely going to be the ones beefing with VicStans, especially considering that the show is centered on inclusiveness and other ideals that... just aren't compatible with the philosophies the Vic fans got, to but it very short

nah the qualities of a show or project often don't really necessarily have a strong relation to what the fans do (unfortunately)

Doctor_Y

Avenger
Mar 14, 2019

I actually had some idiots who tried to dox me. Good thing they were as inept at the internet as Ty Beard at lawsuits. However i had already stopped engaging much about the topic on social media because 1. There's no sense to talking with Vicstands because they are simply to dumb/brainwashed to listen and 2. There are some giant idiots on the KV-Side as well, treating it as plattform to celebrate themselves, fight a pseudowar etc.

I was invested because Vic is an asshole and a danger to (especially female) congoers. He had to be stopped. This is achieved. Nowadays i only engage with my secondary account to sometimes make jokes about Ty, Nick and Vic. I'm still thinking about a Pokemon-Parody.

"Ty sends out Vic Mignogna.

Vic uses "I think they were somehow involved" - It's not very effective.

Lemoine used - "Have you pulled her hair?" - It's very effective. Vic Mignogna is confused.

Vic Mignogna hurt itself in its confusion.

Nick Rekieta fainted."

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
nah the qualities of a show or project often don't really necessarily have a strong relation to what the fans do (unfortunately)

True, but in Power Rangers case (and this is only looking in on con events or places like Rangerboard every once in awhile), I've mostly seen people supportive of many things when it happens (like female ranger leads, different races and ethnicities, ant they've been supportive of David Yost/Original Blue Ranger's homosexuality for years).

Yeah, you got some folks being like "sjws ruined power rangers" but... they're weird.

... and now that I've said all of this, I hope Rangerboard hasn't taken a hard right turn like the old place.

Power Rangers fans are just..... very.... very passionate about that franchise

Edit: hahaha Rangerboard is fully expecting some fights with VicStans over this

Last edited:

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
As someone whos coming into this late, why does Vic have a base of supporters to begin with anyway?

As what others have said, it's mostly due to FMA. To a lot, FMA would probably be their first dive into the genre. I know when it first started airing on Adult Swim in it's initial run, it definitely had a different feeling to it than what I was used to seeing. There was something compelling about the show and it was one you could actually attempt to recommend to people who never got past "anime == that dbz cartoon"

And it was really well acted too. Despite there being good dubs of shows before it, FMA hit the right sweet point in time where all dubs were increasing in quality, so I'm sure many attribute that show as "starting it all."

So that's my theory on why. There were plenty of actors involved that made that show though, outside of Vig, so why some of his stans think he made that show is beyond me. Sure, he plays one of the two titular characters, and I won't deny the significance in that, but Alphonse was just as important. FMA was a package deal. It wouldn't have been as good as it was if it was just Ed. It actually speaks volumes of the original manga author's writing ability, in my opinion.

Oct 25, 2017
True, but in Power Rangers case (and this is only looking in on con events or places like Rangerboard every once in awhile), I've mostly seen people supportive of many things when it happens (like female ranger leads, different races and ethnicities, ant they've been supportive of David Yost/Original Blue Ranger's homosexuality for years).

Yeah, you got some folks being like "sjws ruined power rangers" but... they're weird.

... and now that I've said all of this, I hope Rangerboard hasn't taken a hard right turn like the old place.

Power Rangers fans are just..... very.... very passionate about that franchise

Edit: hahaha Rangerboard is fully expecting some fights with VicStans over this

I don't understand anyone that would claim "SJWs ruined Power Rangers". Power Rangers has always been "SJW trash" (using their words). It's about a group of multi-cultural superheroes fighting to stop oppression from various genocidal warlords (without using those words since it's a kids show). It promotes inclusiveness, diversity, anti-bullying, and not judging others. Early holiday episodes acknowledged other religions exist. It's full-on "be good to others", while they punch a rubber-suited monster in the face. This year's team includes a black Red and an Indian Blue, along with a robot Silver. If they ended up adapting Kyuranger, who knows how diverse that team will be (having 12 members overall).

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
As what others have said, it's mostly due to FMA. To a lot, FMA would probably be their first dive into the genre. I know when it first started airing on Adult Swim in it's initial run, it definitely had a different feeling to it than what I was used to seeing. There was something compelling about the show and it was one you could actually attempt to recommend to people who never got past "anime == that dbz cartoon"

And it was really well acted too. Despite there being good dubs of shows before it, FMA hit the right sweet point in time where all dubs were increasing in quality, so I'm sure many attribute that show as "starting it all."

So that's my theory on why. There were plenty of actors involved that made that show though, outside of Vig, so why some of his stans think he made that show is beyond me. Sure, he plays one of the two titular characters, and I won't deny the significance in that, but Alphonse was just as important. FMA was a package deal. It wouldn't have been as good as it was if it was just Ed. It actually speaks volumes of the original manga author's writing ability, in my opinion.

Nah, it has nothing to do with FMA, or even anime. Most of his supporters wouldn't be there if his accusers were male, guaranteed. Go read their twitter feeds and 99/100 will be filled with retweets from hard right sources if not full white nationalist garbage.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2019
Nah, it has nothing to do with FMA, or even anime. Most of his supporters wouldn't be there if his accusers were male, guaranteed.

His fame certainly came from FMA, but most of the guys in ISWV don't really give a crap about Vic, they just think all accusers are lying. They demand that any accusations include video evidence, while coming up with absurd theories like a vast conspiracy against Vic because actors with more well known roles (like Chris Sabat voicing both Vegeta and Piccolo or Monica Rial voicing Bulma) are somehow jealous of Vic because Vic voiced Broly (a character who appeared in a few movies).

You can't make sense of anything they say because all they care about is winning, which is why they continually change what winning means.