• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Hearing transcript should be up today at some point. Don't think it will be very exciting, since we already got the judges verdicts on it. And I guess even the chance for some funny Beardo courtroom shenanigans is out the window with the new guys taking over.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Hearing transcript should be up today at some point. Don't think it will be very exciting, since we already got the judges verdicts on it. And I guess even the chance for some funny Beardo courtroom shenanigans is out the window with the new guys taking over.

That's a different case I'm pretty sure

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
They really need to look into the place where Ty got his degree from.

Theres no way a guy like that should have been able to pass unless he just paid them fifty bucks and then they gave him a piece of paper that says "am lawyer man NOW".

Last edited:

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Ty appeal thing? Yeah. But as I understand it, it would be silly to pay those. They need to wait for sanctions and fees to be settled, and then file an actual appeal.

And with all their blustering, I am still not sure they will.
yes. And I'm absolutely gobsmacked that they haven't already filed the withdrawal of the appeal.

I really shouldn't be. It's not likeI haven't witnessed months of buffoonery already.

i guess they are just hoping at this point it all gets dismissed then try again, after fees are paid of course....

i really don't understand the end game here

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I thought this thread was dead since I stopped getting alerts here for several weeks. So I'm kinda annoyed that I'm so far behind on everything. I only came here to say that the Vic Stans can officially add Viz back to their hate list since Viz didn't rehired him to voice Melzargard from One-Punch Man. Still remember the back and forward I had with someone that Viz didn't fire him unlike Funi.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
you know, i want to see the court throw this out on how inept this whole thing is, or deny the appeal based off this sham of a filing

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Vig having a dance-off for his new lawyer:

Vig: Is this my left foot or my right foot?
Martinez Hsu: Foot?
Vig: You are hired!

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I mean what do you expect? Any lawyer that takes him after this shit show is either grifting or incompetent probably both and they are damn sure not ethical

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Glad to see some of the best worst ones made it to the finals, especially in the bad laws one.

I know the yakuza one is going to take the cake because it obviously deserves it, but I will forever laugh at the stupidity of "All the charges against Marchi were dropped therefore all of her accusations are false." because holy fuck.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like some of my picks have lost every round. At this point I really want Anime Hague to win; it's much funnier than Yakuza to me.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
The ones about consent still piss me off to no end. Fucking pricks.
Agreed. It's completely terrifying knowing there are guys out there who think like this.

Honestly I got the most enjoyment out of the bad prediction and bad law categories because they were mostly idiots being stupid and that made it enjoyable. Most of the tweets in the bad people category weren't as enjoyable because it was mostly disgusting and sometimes even unsettling. :/

I still think about that one telling Pridemore to shut up and not post anymore because he has control over her :/

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I got the most enjoyment out of the bad prediction and bad law categories because they were mostly idiots being stupid and that made it enjoyable.
That's where I'm at. Basically I can easily laugh at inept people trying to "explain" how law works to lawtwitter. But those comments about consent just make me really angry and disgusted.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I kind of imagine that Ty and friends spend 98% of their time before each filing eating bbq, drinking whiskey, smoking cigars, thinking up online memes, and prepping for podcast appearances. Then the night before they crack open a law school textbook from 1999 and bring out a dusty typewriter to mad lib the latest debacle.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I kind of imagine that Ty and friends spend 98% of their time before each filing eating bbq, drinking whiskey, smoking cigars, thinking up online memes, and prepping for podcast appearances. Then the night before they crack open a law school textbook from 1999 and bring out a dusty typewriter to mad lib the latest debacle.
Honestly, the only unbelievable part of that hypothetical is that they ever open any law related book or document.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How the heck do you even do this on accident????

Program a word processor to count and print the numbered pages, but then write custom text "of 2" after the numbers. Maybe because the first draft was 2 pages. Then not be competent enough to realize that happened before submitting the product.

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ok that's interesting. Sounds like the plan was always to pay the fees, go to the appellate court with the rulings and statement from this hearing, so the appellate court can officially recognize the filing was too early and Chupp still has jurisdiction.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017

Wow. So there is Screech telling Minnesota Lawyer that he is making good money from Super Chat. From discussing a case he raised money for and he referred Vig to Percy for, that will end up costing Vig north of half a million.

If Vig actually wakes up at some point, he should be absolutely pissed.

Edit: Oh and they also mention this little bit. And with that including an interview with Screech, this feels like Screech has no problem mentioning this detail to Minnesota Lawyer, but wasn't it also what caused him to start yelling CUCK and get banned from Twitter?

EJvtnQlW4AI7hZ7.jpg

Last edited:

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
New filings, in which Plaintiff respond to defendants motion for sanctions & fee's, and show themselves to... well... Mike is currently livetweeting. It's an interesting mix of some fine parts and some arguments that seem to be sub-beard levels of not understanding law and procedures:

Also hearing is in about one hour. Seems @estockbridge and @bentwhee will be attending. Not sure if they will be live tweeting. Will update when hearing gets started and/if I find someone who is.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Might not see livetweets but should at least get updates during breaks and so on I guess. Depends on if a lawyer is there who is allowed their phone in.