• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i can't really look at files atm due to my own work obligations - do any of them use Defendants stated intention on public channels to file additional lawsuits along these lines as support for sanctions?

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm assuming most legal documents in court cases are dry as fuck, so the legal teams on the side of the defendants must have having blast firing back at Vic's team. It must be so cathartic.

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
i can't really look at files atm due to my own work obligations - do any of them use Defendants stated intention on public channels to file additional lawsuits along these lines as support for sanctions?
*Plaintiff's

Yes. I think all of them reference KF and the GFM. Lemoine's filing for Rial+Toye also has a special few filings about Ty Beard's and the Owens money that Rekieta is set for.

Lemoine has in relevant factual background: "Even in Defeat, Plaintiff Plans More Lawsuits to Maintain His Intimidation
Campaign."

Johnson (Marchi's counsel) has "An Appropriate Sanction Will Necessarily Account for the Quarter-Million Dollar War Chest from Which Plaintiff Has Benefitted"

For those wondering, Johnson's conclusion acrostic is "Tidwell"

Last edited:

Deleted member 9479

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
*Plaintiff's

Yes. I think all of them reference KF and the GFM. Lemoine's filing for Rial+Toye also has a special few filings about Ty Beard's and the Owens money that Rekieta is set for.

Lemoine has in relevant factual background: "Even in Defeat, Plaintiff Plans More Lawsuits to Maintain His Intimidation
Campaign."

Johnson (Marchi's counsel) has "An Appropriate Sanction Will Necessarily Account for the Quarter-Million Dollar War Chest from Which Plaintiff Has Benefitted"

For those wondering, Johnson's conclusion acrostic is "Tidwell"

gah, Plaintiff, sorry...i'm busy enough I probably shouldn't even be looking at this in lunch right now 😂

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

THE FIRST PAGE!

download-2.png

AMAZING!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wiseblood

Oct 28, 2017
The "Tidwell" thing is referring to Cuba Gooding Jr's character in Jerry Maguire. ("Show me the money!")

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
it seems he was very hands off with the case, letting Ty Beard and co handled everything

what a great move that was

Like, even aside from the fact that (though I'd rather he suffer than not) he maybe would have seen the trainwreck coming if he was more actively involved...

You'd think at some point Beard would have said "Y'know, it may appear less completely frivolous if you actually showed any amount of investment in this on a regular basis?" But it's Beard, so, lol.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Like, even aside from the fact that (though I'd rather he suffer than not) he maybe would have seen the trainwreck coming if he was more actively involved...

You'd think at some point Beard would have said "Y'know, it may appear less completely frivolous if you actually showed any amount of investment in this on a regular basis?" But it's Beard, so, lol.
Keeping Vic at arm's length and unaware was all part of the grift. If Vic had gotten cold feet, they would have lost their stream of funds/attention.

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019

Except Beard doesn't care about winning, all that matters is the grift him and Nick have got going. This is also why he never takes any interviews with any of the legitimate news organisations that have covered this, because that doesn't make him money

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
ISWV forgetting literally all of Marchi's claims were dismissed on the first meeting is kind of amazing. Of course she had fewer fees. There was less need of her to retain counsel, because she had no claims to defend against at that point.

The "Tidwell" thing is referring to Cuba Gooding Jr's character in Jerry Maguire. ("Show me the money!")

Mmmmm, love dat sweet sweet giant anime tidwell

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
So the real 👨🏻‍🍳👌 bit so far for me is...

Rial+Toye Exhibit 8 said:
Lemoine said he wanted Rikieta to explain his motives for financing Mignogna's defense. That might help the court determine whether the case was a mere harassment suit, Lemoine said. However, Chupp never ordered Rikieta deposed.

He got an answer nonetheless. On July 9, after the motion was filed, a furious Rikieta took to YouTube to explain his involvement and ridiculed Lemoine for not already knowing the answer. "There are hundreds of hours of video of my motives for contribution to the GoFundMe war chest," Rikieta said.

"The biggest one is I just don't like any of the defendants," he continued. "I think they're terrible people and I want to see them ground into dust."

The bolded is quoted by Lemoine! Excellent work there Nick, giving the person you're insulting a single line that shows exactly why you're a problem.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

apparently, Vic's usual legal peeps didn't want to get involved with this lawsuit. that should have been a sign that this whole thing was a bad idea

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
I personally like to thank ANN for giving his victims a voice. The treads over there were... you can guess how they looked like but they for once showed journalistic integrity and kept with it. I have nothing more to add that what i said over there. What a monster.

Funimation Files Motion to Recover Attorney's Fees for Vic Mignogna's Lawsuit
Company requests US$168,941 for fees, US$7,504 for costs, US$25,000 in sanctions

His gofundme - 258.210 $- won´t even remotely suffice as this first wave is already above it by at least 40k and the cost keeps rising.

Deleted member 9479

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I personally like to thank ANN for giving his victims a voice. The treads over there were... you can guess how they looked like but they for once showed journalistic integrity and kept with it. I have nothing more to add that what i said over there. What a monster.

Funimation Files Motion to Recover Attorney's Fees for Vic Mignogna's Lawsuit
Company requests US$168,941 for fees, US$7,504 for costs, US$25,000 in sanctions

His gofundme - 258.210 $- won´t even remotely suffice as this first wave is already above it by at least 40k and the cost keeps rising.

Even at that he'd have to sue Beard to get the GFM money. Which I'm not sure wouldn't be dismissed outright either.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I would take no pleasure in the fact that a man's life has been destroyed....

But in this case, man, he really did himself in.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I gotta ask... why did people here think of Vic BEFORE this happened?

I remember that stories about him doing this circulated for YEARS before this finally happened.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
ISWV forgetting literally all of Marchi's claims were dismissed on the first meeting is kind of amazing. Of course she had fewer fees. There was less need of her to retain counsel, because she had no claims to defend against at that point.

Like it matters. The fact that Marchi was involved at all with the arbitration had them convinced that the judge had suddenly decided to roll back and restart the case on her despite, um, reality saying otherwise. Of course they see her fees and think they can still twist her arm despite her already winning.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019

I remember that stories about him doing this circulated for YEARS before this finally happened.
Yeah, it sounded like an open secret. I read about this stuff in middle school
Also, how screwed is Vic? Is he going to have money issues? Is his career deader than dead for sure now

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Faiz. ANN just updated their news and the cost apparently rose to $775k if a commenter counted correctly. Someone is spending Christmas under a bridge! ;-)

That said, where is that GFM money going and can the courts get it? It´s cool that a bunch of misogynists were scammed out of their money but who has it and for how long?

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017

I've never liked his voice acting.

And I've been reading forum posts about him being shitty for years. I remember one from a forum I dont remember that pretty much said "if you're a guy, dont bother trying to meet him, he'll ignore you in favor of any young girls nearby"

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
Faiz. ANN just updated their news and the cost apparently rose to $775k if a commenter counted correctly. Someone is spending Christmas under a bridge! ;-)

That said, where is that GFM money going and can the courts get it? It´s cool that a bunch of misogynists were scammed out of their money but who has it and for how long?
It's most of our understanding (layman and audience on-lookers) that the GFM is in an IOLTA, that Beard would bill to. It's not anything Vic gets and most peoples' thoughts are that Beard and co have billed it dry or nearly.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've never liked his voice acting.

And I've been reading forum posts about him being shitty for years. I remember one from a forum I dont remember that pretty much said "if you're a guy, dont bother trying to meet him, he'll ignore you in favor of any young girls nearby"

And yet, they're the ones who came to his defense.

Oh, the irony is sweet.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
I assume that his "lawyer" pissed it all away already. Good. Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru Vic.

I don´t do dubs but I do know my anime and Vic was a solid VA with a high professional reputation before this. Some conventions had him banned before 2018 and there were rumors for years so the damn was bursting even without MeToo. I was more surprised than with Weinstein, he was a very open secret since at least the mid00s on the web, but not that surprised. You could argue that Vic´s actual fans largely abandoned him fast but those reddits and chans came together for him very fast and whole manga and anime sites were turned upside down by people you had never seen as a regular. Urgh.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
The defense of Vic is rooted in misogyny and I'm sure many of these guys never heard of him before or cared for him
Also, these idiots will probably try to help him pay for the fees

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
You can tell a lot of his defenders had no fucking clue who this dude was when they started using his role as Broly as an example.

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
Basically, in my opinion, his staunch defenders are those I'd term as fanaticals, sorta like groupies, or the people who ~for some reason~ had a strong reaction against #MeToo.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Vic is Dragonball!!!!!" Even though his characters line are mainly yelling "Kakarot!!!"

Here is the thing. The Paragus and Broly VAs say every single syllable in the Japanese language in the first (?) of their films. Vic´s role can´t even amount to that.
The legendary meme status that the 2 got in Japan is something that the English language denied Vic. Thank Zodd. Have a taste:

Memes were half the reason the new film happened. It´s actually pretty fun.
Edit: I almost died listening to the clip again.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

I knew he was sleeping with underage girls for at least 18 years or so?

One of my partners high school friends slept with him at a con when she was only 16. And to put it in her words "he was aware"

Deleted member 5334

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

So about that. Apparently from what was stated not that long ago, provided I'm not misremembering this as there just was a lot going on, that money is apparently gone, as was spent on attorney fees and stuff. Apparently Vic will directly have to pay out of pocket. So, uh... Yeaaah.