• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't think he's following his own case. I mean, he didn't even show up in court outside of the meditation and didn't know the amount of damages he wanted.

Maybe that's the reason these appeals were rushed out. Vic might just be sleeping through the whole thing, and he only thing that will wake him up to reality would be sanctions. If Vic's attorney waited until sanctions to file the appeal, Vic might've hit he eject button once finally realizing the shit he's in.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe that's the reason these appeals were rushed out. Vic might just be sleeping through the whole thing, and he only thing that will wake him up to reality would be sanctions. If Vic's attorney waited until sanctions to file the appeal, Vic might've hit he eject button once finally realizing the shit he's in.
I wouldn't say Vig is necessarily sleeping through it, but the little information he does get comes from very unreliable sources (Beard, Blackface Lawyer, the "Vig Whisperer", etc.).

I wouldn't be surprised if Beard told him not to worry about anything and that he could be very hands off because "the case is such a slam dunk".

MarzGurl

Jan 23, 2019
Long Beach, CA
I wouldn't say Vig is necessarily sleeping through it, but the little information he does get comes from very unreliable sources (Beard, Blackface Lawyer, the "Vig Whisperer", etc.).

I wouldn't be surprised if Beard told him not to worry about anything and that he could be very hands off because "the case is such a slam dunk".
I just wanna say how amusing it is that there's basically been this silent agreement to just start using Vig without making it a whole obvious joke.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been keeping up but why is this farce still going on now?

Did Vic light himself on fire finally?

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I haven't been keeping up but why is this farce still going on now?

Did Vic light himself on fire finally?

Vig lost at the TCPA hearing, but their's still a hearing to determine how much he has to pay out, and Beardy filed to appeal too early, so one of the defense's lawyers smacked his hands for it. So, no, he hasn't lit himself on fire yet, but not for lack of Beard throwing gasoline and lit matches in his general direction.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
It is amazing how Ty just aims for the most stupid and inept version of anything he does. Especially considering how every damn time, it has been pointed out beforehand on Twitter.

Either Vic is very gullible and believes Nick/Ty when they tell him that they only lost because the judge was cheating or whatever their excuse is and legitimately thinks he can win an appeal, or he's VERY very desperate and sees the appeal as his last-ditch attempt to get out of paying a very large sum of money which is both humiliating and financially-crippling, even to people of means like the Clan Mignogna.

Excited to find out which it is!

¿Por qué no los dos?

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
It is amazing how Ty just aims for the most stupid and inept version of anything he does. Especially considering how every damn time, it has been pointed out beforehand on Twitter.

¿Por qué no los dos?

It's almost to the point that I think he's doing it on purpose, because someone this terrible couldn't have past law school and the bar. Otherwise, it's far easier than I thought to become a lawyer.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
It's almost to the point that I think he's doing it on purpose, because someone this terrible couldn't have past law school and the bar. Otherwise, it's far easier than I thought to become a lawyer.

Here's your daily reminder that Ben Carson is a former neurosurgeon and current Secretary of Housing and Urban Development.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

Really the issue is that he's a lawyer who deals primarily in estate planning. He's never done a trial before, he's never had to do an appeal before, he's never had to do any of this before.

But instead of saying "hey let me get you a lawyer who can do these things," he saw Vig's gogriftme funds and wanted them.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
But then will he forget about us?

/sobs

If only several hundred sock puppets would keep reminding him.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Really the issue is that he's a lawyer who deals primarily in estate planning. He's never done a trial before, he's never had to do an appeal before, he's never had to do any of this before.

But instead of saying "hey let me get you a lawyer who can do these things," he saw Vig's gogriftme funds and wanted them.

But I would assumed that even in estate planning would know how to file a documented on time and correctly.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
I know @HaygoodLaw is a Texas lawyer, but him and @greg_doucette seem to have different ideas here. Greg seems pretty sure as well and cites cases.

Also apparently Fort Worth are pretty quick about it, so it won't likely be several years, it seems.

I guess we will find out in good time. Nevertheless any chance to point and laugh at Beardo is time well spent.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

7031c62922529e92feb447070dfc8e84.png

05fca39593108214ccbcd632d377a858.png

83a1e51663ddb4b6e48cbe4d2d69b152.png

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Why did they randomly tag that Umbrella douche? Are they that desperate for attention?

(Also, holy shit, a $500 special pass?)

They forgot the word "happy" and they wrote "invite" instead of "invited".

Seems like a really legit con to me.

Oooh I get it.

They kept hearing Cons were the shit nowadays and didn't realize it stood for conVENTIONS.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, uh, both the iffy grammar and their embarassment of a site is...sketchy, to say the least. Who's even hosting this?

Edit: Yeah, um, holy shit: read the comments here. Evidence strongly points to this being a grift.
Took a look at the whois, nothing too interesting. Though apparently the site's set to expire before the con even happens, so that's sure suspicious.
Code:
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2020-09-02T20:41:24Z

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Edit: Yeah, um, holy shit: read the comments here. Evidence strongly points to this being a grift.
Took a look at the whois, nothing too interesting. Though apparently the site's set to expire before the con even happens, so that's sure suspicious.
Code:
LMAO, so it really is perfect for Vig then. Maybe their next guest announcement will be Screech.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Code:
One year registration periods for domains are pretty common. All seven or so of my domains renew yearly.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Why are people upset? ;D

I hope it is a grift, mainly because we all know who the people who will be grifted are, and I will give no fucks over it.