• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
"I actually legit don't even care if he's innocent or not I just want to see the bluehair dipshits lose so if this makes them lose harder/funnier then do it"

Oh wow someone actually admitted it.

The same user even says later they don't fully trust Nick and the GFM lol
Ha! I'm glad he's losing money on nonsense.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"I actually legit don't even care if he's innocent or not I just want to see the bluehair dipshits lose so if this makes them lose harder/funnier then do it"

Wow. I mean, that's the general impression I always get from these morons but that's super sad lmao.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I'm also pretty sure this conversation happened after the SLAPP was filed, meaning Vic couldn't have dropped it even if he wanted...

Either that or Nick was fully aware it was a frivolous suit which wouldn't survive anti-SLAPP/TCPA but still advised Vic to go for it which is uh...grossly negligent.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
LOL I'm more willing to believe that Nick gave the the advice to file it only to learn about the bill later and this chat was his attempt to try and figure out how to dig himself out.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
"if I have any clout, I'm in the top 30 of highest donations and I say do whatever makes the other side lose the hardest"

Same person I brought up earlier that said they don't fully trust Nick. LOL

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I'm also pretty sure this conversation happened after the SLAPP was filed, meaning Vic couldn't have dropped it even if he wanted...

Either that or Nick was fully aware it was a frivolous suit which wouldn't survive anti-SLAPP/TCPA but still advised Vic to go for it which is uh...grossly negligent.
From the original source I believe it said it was from May

Oct 25, 2017

Spite is a very dangerous drug. Far worse than the hardest whiskeys.

Erik Zarkov

Dec 4, 2017
My take away is that Nick found that if he cancelled the suit and refilled later, then Vic might have an easier time getting past the TCPA. But rather than just do what was best for Vic, his concern was how it would look to all the people he's getting donations from. If they get mad, upset, or don't understand why, then the money flowing in dries up to a trickle. If it's what is best for your client, then why be worried about PR? Unless you're out for something other than actually winning.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, Doucette saying that something wild is going on behind the scenes and is talking about going to Florida... Wasn't Vic a teacher in Florida?

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
It's all about threats with these assholes. Doesn't matter if your right or wrong. Just threaten.

Remember this assholes is still claiminf RenFamous flew to his home state, drove to his house, destroyed his mailbox, went home.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's all about threats with these assholes. Doesn't matter if your right or wrong. Just threaten.

Remember this assholes is still claiminf RenFamous flew to his home state, drove to his house, destroyed his mailbox, went home.
That sounds like some serious projection there for the level of dumb, stupid shit they would do and somehow think it's a massive own LOL

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
I just grabbed the ones where the actual info popped up. There are more tweets about it in the Threadnought, but mostly covering practical info and predictions about the appeals process, which has already been covered a lot over the last 14 days.

Apparently the info is from a video uploaded last night by Screech. Or his "intern".

Erik Zarkov

Dec 4, 2017
Keep in mind that before Vic can appeal, the defense first has to file their fees and any sanctions by November 4th. The judgevthen sets a date for that, and then Vic has 30 days to file the appeal. So he's going to get to see how much he's going to have to pay first. Hopefully someone explains to him that if he appeals and loses, that number will go up. Maybe he'll change his mind.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Screech won't be able to hold attention for even one year. Save for the most diehard chuds, people will move on.

If Vic wants to waste his time and money, let em.

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
I wish people would stop trying to help Beard. Like I know he's incompetent. Let him make the mistakes. If he files before when he can, let him.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
100% Beard is going to try to appeal early, which is just going to delay things because that's a really fucking stupid rookie litigator mistake