• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
oh man, i thought it was people suing him, daamn, i was wondering why everybody was so happy the lawsuit was dismissed

Also, page 3 of the Order Dismissing all Claims:
"The Court FINDS that the Defendants have shown, by a preponderance of evidence that the communications related to Plantiff's causes of action related to a public concern, and the communications involve allegations of conduct by Plaintiff that relate to health and safety, environmental, economic or community well-being."*

That's devastating for him, that's basically the court saying they did the right thing when they spoke out about Vic.

*TEX CIV. PRAC. & REM CODE ANN 27.001(7)

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
That conspiracy stuff is funny as hell until you realize people actually probably believe it.
giphy.gif

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't kept this up since things starting getting dismissed - I've got the transcript open in another tab and really want to read it now - but congratulations to everyone! Glad this turned out well.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Nick getting himself banned the day of the ruling sure is convenient. Can only imagine the excuses and targeting these dangerous idiots will come up with tonight on stream.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God, I haven't been keeping up except for the case itself. What did Chuck do?
After Vic filed his LOLsuit attacking his co-workers for speaking about him, Chuck Huber (supposedly friends with Monica, Jamie, and Vic) threw himself into the situation by trying to mediate it, even though nobody asked him to do it, and he had zero qualifications. He wrote up a statement where Monica and Jamie would apologize to Vic and admit that they "exaggerated" their claims, while Vic would drop his lawsuit, apologize for any instances where he may have slightly crossed some lines, and promise to attend some Christian counseling sessions and become an even better person than he already is. Chuck tried to get everyone to sign it. That did not go over well with Monica and Jamie (no idea if it even reached Vic).

When Vic's lawsuit came to trial, Chuck swore out a statement in support of Vic's legal attack (with a botched notarization from Beard), saying that Chuck believed that Vic was 100% innocent of the things that were said about him, and that he believed that Monica and Jamie were liars, because if Monica and Jamie had been sexually harassed/assaulted by Vic, then Chuck (a friend of theirs) would have known about it, and since Chuck didn't know about it, that makes Monica and Jamie lying bitches. They're just jealous of Vic, and intolerant of Chuck and Vic's Christian faith, so they're making things up.

Chuck then also went on a bit of a rant about how he thinks Chris Sabat (an unrelated party) is out to get him, and how Chris is (allegedly) operating a casting couch. Allegations which Chuck cannot back up, and which have no bearing on Vic's lawsuit. Chuck admits in his deposition that he knows that he's burning his career to the ground by saying these things, but he doesn't care.

Chuck's statement did nothing to help Vic's case (being the only co-worker to jump up and say "I stand with Vic" is a supportive sentiment, but it's not proof of anything), while it actively damaged Vic's case, since Chuck said things like "Oh yeah, I know people have been calling Vic a pedophile, they've been saying it for decades, long before the defendants said it, and nearly every conversation I've ever heard about Vic has included mentions of him being a sexual predator." So of course Beard included it in his evidence (botched inclusion, with a fake signature).

Early last month, when the Judge was throwing out massive portions of Vic's lawsuit, Chuck and Vic were sitting next to each other at one of those trash conventions that are still willing to employ Vic. Chuck was using his phone to read the live-tweeted news, and gave Vic a play-by-play of Vic/Beard getting utterly destroyed in court. This apparently wrecked Vic, but Chuck just kept on reading the tweets out loud.

Eventually Vic's hairdresser came along and discovered what Chuck was doing to poor sensitive Vic, and managed to soothe Vic with some alternative facts about how awesome Vic was and how he's totally winning his court case. So Chuck is now on the shit-list of Vic's handlers.

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
Don't worry guys, Chupp is a no nonsense judge. He'll see right through the defendant's bullshit.

No wait, he's incompetent and his decisions will be overturned on appeal!

No, wait. He's actually going to rule in Vic's favor. That's why he chose mediation, to give the defendants the chance to fold before Chupp rains hell down on them!

No, wait! This was always going to appeals! That's what Beard and Vic wanted all along!

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Nick getting himself banned the day of the ruling sure is convenient. Can only imagine the excuses and targeting these dangerous idiots will come up with tonight on stream.

And yet he is apparently LiveScreeching tonight. For the life of me, I can't figure out what his thinking is right now.

I personally don't think appeals will happen, but I guess Beardo would know and he is supposed to be there. But they will have to announce an actual appeal for people to donate, I would assume. And if they lie about that, then surely even the most diehard supporter would get pissed.

I guess I will have to wait patiently for Whipple to get on that.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
After Vic filed his LOLsuit attacking his co-workers for speaking about him, Chuck Huber (supposedly friends with Monica, Jamie, and Vic) threw himself into the situation by trying to mediate it, even though nobody asked him to do it, and he had zero qualifications. He wrote up a statement where Monica and Jamie would apologize to Vic and admit that they "exaggerated" their claims, while Vic would drop his lawsuit, apologize for any instances where he may have slightly crossed some lines, and promise to attend some Christian counseling sessions and become an even better person than he already is. Chuck tried to get everyone to sign it. That did not go over well with Monica and Jamie (no idea if it even reached Vic).

When Vic's lawsuit came to trial, Chuck swore out a statement in support of Vic's legal attack (with a botched notarization from Beard), saying that Chuck believed that Vic was 100% innocent of the things that were said about him, and that he believed that Monica and Jamie were liars, because if Monica and Jamie had been sexually harassed/assaulted by Vic, then Chuck (a friend of theirs) would have known about it, and since Chuck didn't know about it, that makes Monica and Jamie lying bitches. They're just jealous of Vic, and intolerant of Chuck and Vic's Christian faith, so they're making things up.

Chuck then also went on a bit of a rant about how he thinks Chris Sabat (an unrelated party) is out to get him, and how Chris is (allegedly) operating a casting couch. Allegations which Chuck cannot back up, and which have no bearing on Vic's lawsuit. Chuck admits in his deposition that he knows that he's burning his career to the ground by saying these things, but he doesn't care.

Chuck's statement did nothing to help Vic's case (being the only co-worker to jump up and say "I stand with Vic" is a supportive sentiment, but it's not proof of anything), while it actively damaged Vic's case, since Chuck said things like "Oh yeah, I know people have been calling Vic a pedophile, they've been saying it for decades, long before the defendants said it, and nearly every conversation I've ever heard about Vic has included mentions of him being a sexual predator." So of course Beard included it in his evidence (botched inclusion, with a fake signature).

Early last month, when the Judge was throwing out massive portions of Vic's lawsuit, Chuck and Vic were sitting next to each other at one of those trash conventions that are still willing to employ Vic. Chuck was using his phone to read the live-tweeted news, and gave Vic a play-by-play of Vic/Beard getting utterly destroyed in court. This apparently wrecked Vic, but Chuck just kept on reading the tweets out loud.

Eventually Vic's hairdresser came along and discovered what Chuck was doing to poor sensitive Vic, and managed to soothe Vic with some alternative facts about how awesome Vic was and how he's totally winning his court case. So Chuck is now on the shit-list of Vic's handlers.

This is priceless. Is there a video?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
And yet he is apparently LiveScreeching tonight. For the life of me, I can't figure out what his thinking is right now.

I personally don't think appeals will happen, but I guess Beardo would know and he is supposed to be there. But they will have to announce an actual appeal for people to donate, I would assume. And if they lie about that, then surely even the most diehard supporter would get pissed.

I guess I will have to wait patiently for Whipple to get on that.
Expect a new kickstarter

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Expect a new kickstarter

I wouldn't be surprised.

I guess I am just super confused here. Even Vic has to be waking up to the realities of this whole thing, with a super huge legal/monetary smackdown looming over him.

You thinking a new "support Vics appeals" GFM, or them trying to steer the boat elsewhere? Cause that would be interesting to see. And I would assume they would be torn apart with that.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
It could've theoreticay won if they got really good lawyers, which would cost an absurd amount of money. There's a reason why he chose the lawyers he did, as he had very little financial obligations to them compared to actual real lawyers who would have told him the odds of winning were slim, and he'd be out for the lawyer fees and such.
No lawyer worth a damn would've taken this case because every competent one knew that this is a shitshow waiting to happen, so I don't think there ever was even a theoretical chance of winning these particular accusations. Now, maybe if they had sued these people for something completely different, but as far as all the conspiracy, actual malice/defamation & such accusations go, I don't think there was ever even a small chance that there was a way to victory for Vic, at least not unless the defendants hired complete buffoons on the level of Beard for their defense.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised.

I guess I am just super confused here. Even Vic has to be waking up to the realities of this whole thing, with a super huge legal/monetary smackdown looming over him.

You thinking a new "support Vics appeals" GFM, or them trying to steer the boat elsewhere? Cause that would be interesting to see. And I would assume they would be torn apart with that.
I was thinking just raise the cap on the existing one, but yeah, brand spanking new grift account makes sense.
I am kinda of a studant of the alt right/right playbook. My theory is, new kickstarter they say will be for appeal. They get the money of course cause the world is terrible. But you won't hear anything but vague "It's coming guys" promises until they maxmize the return. Then radio silence. Maybe a few con appearances, and random merch for the sprinkles on top

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
I am kinda of a studant of the alt right/right playbook. My theory is, new kickstarter they say will be for appeal. They get the money of course cause the world is terrible. But you won't hear anything but vague "It's coming guys" promises until they maxmize the return. Then radio silence. Maybe a few con appearances, and random merch for the sprinkles on top

And no official link to Vic. Seems about right.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
The mimimal take away Vic should have is not to fool with these assholes. I mean he can probbably go own meeting his fans in random strip malls and holiday inns for the rest of his days

Vic is a mystery to me. I mean, from accounts he is a predatory piece of shit. But his involvement in this case is just mind boggling. His deposition just blew away his own case. From that and the various recorded dungeon sermons we have seen, he seems to have no idea how his case was going.

But I can only believe that a huge monetary hit *will* wake him up. I mean... he can't fucking be that stupid, to think that taking this thing any further will have any positive effects for him? He HAS to have noticed that suddenly he only gets invited to cons without windows?

taro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm all smiles reading this update. It won't stop his fans from being delusional to the situation. My friend's teen daughter may still be a fan as she doesn't read news. We talk anime often, but she hasn't brought up this case or his lack of involvement with Funi any longer. I usually have to clue her in to this sorta stuff as her parents also don't pay attention to news.

I mainly watch subs but do pay attention to VAs and Monica has always seemed cool. Really glad for her and everyone else.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Well this all went as expected. I hope Vic and his supporters will learn something from this whole ordeal but I guess some of the things they've already said makes that doubtful (at least the supporters). What a shit show this all is/was but at least one sex pest is out of the industry (or at least confined to the fringes).

Thx for this summary. I was trying to figure out what Chuck had done that "ended his own career" so this is a good capstone to the whole ordeal.

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
as happy as i am to see this (obvious, inevitable) result, i honestly just want this to be wrapped up forever at this point. if they try for another crowdfunding, i hope whatever medium its on cancels it and bans them from trying again, and i hope Vic has at least some modicum of intelligence left to him to just kick the fucking moron twins to the curb. VicStans and the grifters are going to spin this and try to milk it no matter what, and i just want to see the possibility of this being stretched out reduced to the bare minimum so that it can just quietly fade away into nothing.

people like Ty and Nick will probably continue doing what they do and have no real consequences for their shitty-ness, and if we're lucky Vic wont work very much at all anymore, and outside of that i cant see much of anything significant happening past this victory. i just want them all to finally shut the fuck up and sit down.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019

Why did Chuck read them outloud?