• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017

Xenotome

Aug 31, 2019
Yet they had no problem getting pics of all his other "huge lines" to gloat about.

BTW, I saw Sabat at GalaxyCon earlier this year and his lines were insanely long, way longer than the pics they've been post of Vic's recent lines.

Not to mention they'll only accept video & a blood sample as evidence for anything Vic is accused of but will take a Con's word at a line size... Makes you think about what their real issue is...

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Is Vic going to voice every character? I have severe doubts he could get any known actors to join him. Well, apart from maybe Todd Haberkorn...

I don't think Todd even likes Vic since he also circle jerk him on Twitter before he outed himself. But he always hired unknowns. But yeah, it isn't likely he will get any professional or upcoming talent. So everything will be voiced by only his most dedicated fans or people looking for a break so they can be noticed by the big dogs.

Last edited:

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
I was watching The Wallflower with my GF yesterday and realized Vic voices one of the main characters. It didn't ruin my enjoyment but I was like fuck!

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
All of their tottering on about lines is head shaking, as if any of it matters. He could have the longest line of most adoring fans beyond the dreams of any anime con guest and I wouldn't make one but if difference.

The sunglasses self-owns are pretty nice tho.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I haven't posted in here for a while, but holy shit!

This thread has over 1.5 million views

Is this the most viewed thread on this site?
The Change The Channel one about Channel Awesome had a lot of views as well. These OTs about internet controversies seem to attract a lot of outside views.

Baliis

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't posted in here for a while, but holy shit!

This thread has over 1.5 million views

Is this the most viewed thread on this site?

There's plenty of threads over 2mil views, moreso on gaming side. Its pretty high up for OT though

Edit: The highest one I can find is actually the old Brexit OT in Hangouts

iWannaHat

Jul 1, 2019
The original part where it was the internet reacting to vic being outed as a scumbag was pretty big. Then circus of a legal affair started and that gave it plenty of legs. This thread still ain't done.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
The Change The Channel one about Channel Awesome had a lot of views as well. These OTs about internet controversies seem to attract a lot of outside views.

Ah, yeah, that one definitely got used as a reference for what was happening even by people outside Era, so it's understandable that it got a lot of views. I assume this one is probably similar, though probably to a lesser degree; there definitely have to be a decent amount of lurkers following along, at least.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Ah, yeah, that one definitely got used as a reference for what was happening even by people outside Era, so it's understandable that it got a lot of views. I assume this one is probably similar, though probably to a lesser degree; there definitely have to be a decent amount of lurkers following along, at least.
This is probably one of the few places on the web where the discussion isn't both-sidesed to hell and back, so you have a higher S/N ratio of what's actually going on.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Imagine how much larger this thread would be if Era wasn't so good about clamping down on stupid -Gater filth when they pop up.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
So it looks like: mediation Wednesday. Judgement day Thursday.

Gird your loins, people.
Worth noting, if they settle in mediation we won't hear anything beyond "it was settled in mediation."

I can't imagine they will though. Vic seems oblivious to the fact he's about to lose a ton of money and I bet Beard walks into mediation making absurd demands as though they have any leverage.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Worth noting, if they settle in mediation we won't hear anything beyond "it was settled in mediation."

I can't imagine they will though. Vic seems oblivious to the fact he's about to lose a ton of money and I bet Beard walks into mediation making absurd demands as though they have any leverage.

Defense: We have won 70% of the case already. What is your offer?

Beardy-man: WE WANT MILLIONS!

One day later...

Chupp: See yah!

Gespenst MKIV

Nov 1, 2017
I doubt that a NDA is even in the cards if the mediation is successful, that would let Vic's camp spin it as a win which will only serve to embolden the idiot harassers. I'm assuming that the defense will like to make clear that this was a loss for Vic in every way. We may never know the specifics of just how much money Vic ends up paying but we will probably know the rest.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt that a NDA is even in the cards if the mediation is successful, that would let Vic's camp spin it as a win which will only serve to embolden the idiot harassers. I'm assuming that the defense will like to make clear that this was a loss for Vic in every way. We may never know the specifics of just how much money Vic ends up paying but we will probably know the rest.

I doubt that outside of Beard reading the Threadnought, the thought of an NDA wouldn't have even occurred to him. And no way in hell will the defense, or for that matter Chupp, think that is a good option.

Sending Beard into mediation, seems like sending a rabid badger to do your laundry. It just won't work out well for anybody in the end.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
The mediation itself will probably be under NDA. If they come to an agreement that probably wont be.
More so than "Vicstans will spin it" Nick will spin it as he can't be included in the NDA as he's not actually part of the lawsuit.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Greg already had some posts on that. And yeah, we won't likely get interesting filings out of that (mediator is not judging the entire case, and will only be weighing in on that conversation, which won't necessarily be publicly available?)

Doctor_Y

Avenger
Mar 14, 2019
Except none of them are actual studios, They're guys in their basement saying they're a studio and they're just going to torrent Raws and do a fan dub...
Don't forget. Christian moviemakers have a lobby behind them sometimes. Check out movies like "God's not dead". Possible Vic could get someone like Kevin Sorbo to voice a character.
The Narrative of actors with a limited skillset not making it because they are christians is strong in this one as well.

Regarding the mediation. I'm looking forward to the final judgement of the TCPA and Vic realizing how much he fucked up by

A: taking this to court and
B: Hiring Beard

Cosmonaut X

Oct 26, 2017
The mediation itself will probably be under NDA. If they come to an agreement that probably wont be.
More so than "Vicstans will spin it" Nick will spin it as he can't be included in the NDA as he's not actually part of the lawsuit.

The actual ins and outs of the mediation won't be reported on by the mediator, just the outcome AFAIK. IMO, the likely outcomes (from most to least likely) are:

-- Mediation collapses, due to either Vic's intransigence (having not been kept fully in the picture by Ty) or Ty's incompetence/"master strategy". Everything subsequently gets dismissed and Ty and Nick go back to GFM grifting for their certain-to-win appeal, with all accompanying bullshit.

-- Mediation succeeds, but Vic takes an absolute hammering. No NDA, pays virtually fees etc. and has to make a public statement of some sort to admit fault. This would depend on Vic having a Damascene conversion when he walks in and realises how much Ty has shat the bed.

-- Mediation succeeds, with slightly better terms for Vic because the other side are trying to make a good faith effort to draw a line under things. More favourable public statement from Vic, better fees etc. payments... etc. etc.

-- Ty Tzu the Galaxy Brain performs a legal osoto gari and gets an NDA, Vic isn't on the hook for fees etc. and the whole thing is packaged as a win for ISWV, all while Ty and Vic smoke cigars and blow smoke over the mediator.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
To be a fly on the wall.

I wonder if it will be short and stormy with a deadlock, or if they're gonna drag it out as long as possible.

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
They have to pay the mediator so I highly doubt they will drag it. I'd be firm about certain points.

No retractions. Pay a large portion if not all of the fees. A public apology and no disparagement agreement.

If I didn't get those I wouldn't be acquiescing.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
They have to pay the mediator so I highly doubt they will drag it. I'd be firm about certain points.

No retractions. Pay a large portion if not all of the fees. A public apology and no disparagement agreement.

If I didn't get those I wouldn't be acquiescing.

If they don't get all fees there is no point in settling since they will be getting all fees on Friday anyways.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, in the end we know that rules or no rules Percy's gonna be blabbing about the mediation to Screech as soon as he's able to. And Screech will have a stream tonight to spin the hell out of it. So I expect we will actually know more about the mediation than normal here.

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean, in the end we know that rules or no rules Percy's gonna be blabbing about the mediation to Screech as soon as he's able to. And Screech will have a stream tonight to spin the hell out of it. So I expect we will actually know more about the mediation than normal here.

Prior to his firm hiring out a babysitter I would have agreed.

I'm not saying he WON'T but I'm not as sure he will.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot wait for the anime on this story with Vic doing every voice in the anime telling his side of the story. Some episodes starring BFL and Percy.

And then they get sued for defamation.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017

Gonna go ahead and guess mediation did not go the way Screech hoped.

Yeah he has been melting down with angry responses that are way more overblown than his usual drunken outbursts. I assume he wasn't AT the mediation (that'd be weird) but Im guessing either it went poorly for Vic or at least Vic has learnt about his situation finally and is asked Nick awkward questions.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

Gonna go ahead and guess mediation did not go the way Screech hoped.

Yeah he has been melting down with angry responses that are way more overblown than his usual drunken outbursts. I assume he wasn't AT the mediation (that'd be weird) but Im guessing either it went poorly for Vic or at least Vic has learnt about his situation finally and is asked Nick awkward questions.
isn't the mediation tomorrow?