• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Disregarding his general fuckupery, I thought there was a stay on discovery for the TCPA hearing. So he couldn't compel them to answer under oath.
But nothing prevented him from talking to them, and he didn't even do that.
Also there were months before the discovery stay came into effect he could have compelled them. AND he should have talked to them before ever filing the lawsuit at all.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
Disregarding his general fuckupery, I thought there was a stay on discovery for the TCPA hearing. So he couldn't compel them to answer under oath.
But nothing prevented him from talking to them, and he didn't even do that.

You can bring a motion to conduct limited discovery even if it's stayed. It just needs to be limited in scope to support of the argument for the TCPA hearing not the case in general.

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
If I remember correctly some of the Defendants wanted to motion for such a thing but it might have been related to wanting to depose Nick :)

Ty Bear should have and could have talked to them before the lawsuit was filed. They've been bragging about knowing TCPA would come into play. Relying too much on Nick's understanding of what's needed in my opinion. He had time after the initial depositions to try and depose more etc.? But no.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I would feel bad for him if he wasn't a piece of shit that spend the whole time pretrial talking shit about the defendants on a grifter's youtube channel and asking people to doxx them and anyone who criticized him and his rapist client.
Yeah, important to remember this guy is a dirtbag.

Don't remember him as a funny bumbler but as someone who has been pretty slimey.

We all laugh at guys like this and Sean Spicer but you have to keep in mind theres the real malice behind the incompetenance.

Last edited:

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
That definitely was fantastic to skim through.
Remember folks, never trust a bird lawyer in court.

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
I still can't believe this case had Ty "I was the notary, and I thought could notarize, based on a telephone call..." Beard to litigate.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
I still can't believe this case had Ty "I was the notary, and I thought could notarize, based on a telephone call..." Beard to litigate.
I can almost imagine the following happening (note for the humor impaired given the case we're talking about: The following did not happen)
Court: So you thought you could notarize something over the phone?
Beard: It's okay your honor, I used my notary phone. I got it as a gift back when I started the firm, pain in the butt to dial though.
Court: You have a not... wait, you mean a rotary phone?

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I can almost imagine the following happening (note for the humor impaired given the case we're talking about: The following did not happen)
Court: So you thought you could notarize something over the phone?
Beard: It's okay your honor, I used my notary phone. I got it as a gift back when I started the firm, pain in the butt to dial though.
Court: You have a not... wait, you mean a rotary phone?

More people need to tweet out #IncorrectVicLawsuit jokes like these imo

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did this guy really say to the court he thinks it's okay that his client was fired because Texas is an at-will state?

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
Did this guy really say to the court he thinks it's okay that his client was fired because Texas is an at-will state?

There's a point in the transcript where they're talking about employees or contracts and Beard just states something to that effect, yes

Edit: Here you go
0nIrTTC.png

Last edited:

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Greg has been reinstated on Twitter again, and is catching people up and expecting another mass-false-flagging this Friday because Vicstans can't stop losing.

The conVics have gotten me wrongly suspended from false flags 2 Fridays in a row. My guess is they try it again this coming Friday too. Because cowards can't stand dissenting viewpoints

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Vic fans have been unnatural quiet to the point that I no longer bombed with their crap in my Youtube recommendations when they were all over the place after the Funi's leaks. So far, the only things I got are the standard, 'articles are bias towards Vic and Funi losing viewership'. No mention of the court documents anywhere. Then again, I don't think most Youtube channels actually read the docs. They just look at Nick's channel to read them and pinned them, which Nick hasn't done yet.

Too bad. I was really looking forward to how Nick was going to spin this in a positive light.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
It's because the only transcript exists from the threadnaught with a large watermark. None of the conVics want to put up the money for the transcript, nor do they want to give the threadnaught credit.

Xenotome

Aug 31, 2019
It's because the only transcript exists from the threadnaught with a large watermark. None of the conVics want to put up the money for the transcript, nor do they want to give the threadnaught credit.

Well frankly with handing Nick $250k for the GFM, I would demand that Nick spend the money to get a copy. But we all know that those idiots don't actually want to read the embarrassment anyway...

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
From what I gather someone on KF finally figured out a less efficient method of opening the transcript and getting around the easy password to remove the watermark. Hard to spin it when Beard fucks up nearly every other page in 100+ pages.

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
Apparently Rekieta hinted at some bombshell dropping this week that "could be good or bad" but somehow helps their chances in court. Or so I've read, that is. I try not to hear the guy speak if I can help it.

Vic fans have been unnatural quiet to the point that I no longer bombed with their crap in my Youtube recommendations when they were all over the place after the Funi's leaks. So far, the only things I got are the standard, 'articles are bias towards Vic and Funi losing viewership'. No mention of the court documents anywhere. Then again, I don't think most Youtube channels actually read the docs. They just look at Nick's channel to read them and pinned them, which Nick hasn't done yet.
As always those type of people are only reactionary and never look to do real research. After probably a year any one of them who does Youtube videos will lose viewing once they have nothing to talk about.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Rekieta hinted at some bombshell dropping this week that "could be good or bad" but somehow helps their chances in court. Or so I've read, that is. I try not to hear the guy speak if I can help it.
Another audio "leak" of VAs saying naughty and some reprehensible things? The judge don't give a crap about that and for good reason, it's not gonna help Vic for shit.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting that he's still running with the "in court" line. It's very clearly not going to make it that far. If it does, it'll be at most one of the defamation cases.

If he means "help pass the TCPA" he is talking out his ass, because there's nothing they can do about that now.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017

Probably from this tweet?

In that wording it "makes the hearing transcript pointless." And since he is saying good or bad, there seems to be some directions this could go.

Screech is *really* afraid of that transcript, isn't he?

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Probably from this tweet?

In that wording it "makes the hearing transcript pointless." And since he is saying good or bad, there seems to be some directions this could go.

Screech is *really* afraid of that transcript, isn't he?

I'm admittedly not a lawyer, but I have no idea what this could be. AFAIK the judge will rule on the TCPA and until then Beard can't really do anything but wait...
Maybe he just means "huge for my viewers" in which case maybe he is finally getting Vic on his show. Trying to argue "the transcript is pointless because here's Vic saying his side is true" seems like the kinda spin he'd pull.

I feel like the only thing that could make the transcript pointless would be Vic replacing Beard as his lawyer. And even then, Beard is still going to face sanctions.

Last edited:

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
At this point if anyone is stupid enough to believe their crap.
Like they really don't understand that trial by surprise isn't a thing so it's not gonna help them in court.
If they have a way to withdraw the lolsuit before there's any damage, I can see that making the transcript pointless to read

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Unless Beard has some inside knowledge with the judge (which he wouldn't both because of that beatdown at the hearing, and because the judge isn't going to risk putting himself in hot water with ex parte communications over this mess), this likely has nothing to do with the current suit.

moriquendi

Oct 27, 2017

Literally everything else he has hyped has amounted to nothing ... so it's a rational inference that this will be nothing as well.

Having said that pretty much guaranteed to actually be nothing.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
The only thing that could make the transcript pointless is a video recording of the hearing, which, ironically, would be fact checked by the transcript.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
They're gonna do a reenactment
675390.jpg

Wouldn't be surprised haha.

There's one thing I need to say tho:
The whole circus around this case made me realize how much internet discussion is centered around having a "gotcha!" moment, where slipping up once suddenly discards every argument you've made.

Basically, arguing on the internet feels like a written rap battle, but the bad kind, where a midly well placed "Yo-Mama" joke makes the audience erupt.
This became apparent to me when I saw the convics trying to argue against law twitter. It sometimes looks like two people talking in different languages.
And from there on out I started to see this horrible arguing-pattern everywhere on the net.

It's crazy to see.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Guess I'll wait to see what Doucett has to say, but why would he order both sides into mediation? What is there to mediate? Not too many details in the article unfortunately.

Edit: It kind of also bugs me that the judge told both sides not to incite their followers, when there is only one side that is making threats.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Guess I'll wait to see what Doucett has to say, but why would he order both sides into mediation? What is there to mediate? Not too many details in the article unfortunately.
My guess is he going above and beyond at giving Vic a chance to do something sensible. So that WHEN he drops the hammer on him there is no question it was the right thing

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
I'm guessing he wants to spare Beard some pain and let him try to mediate the sanctions. Maybe.
Otherwise we're getting an immediate ruling on October 4th.

Xenotome

Aug 31, 2019
These conVics actually did it. They actually sent death threats to the judge.

If she hasn't gotten them already, Sharon's going to be the next one to get some. They fucking hate her for not getting comments from people who were unwilling to talk to her and then shout bias at her her for not giving equal footing to sides that are not equal.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My guess is he going above and beyond at giving Vic a chance to do something sensible. So that WHEN he drops the hammer on him there is no question it was the right thing
Makes sense, just a bit frustrating to see how many opportunities he is giving Vic and I can already imagine the spin on this from Rekieta. Better to make sure everything is solid than to rush it I suppose.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So wait, is there a connection between the mediation and the threats the judge received? Or is it more a "this happened and also this happened" kind of scenario with the two things just lining up but sharing no connection?

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Do you...do you think Beard and Vic are dumb enough to go into a mediation thinking they have the upper hand in the negotiations?

...of course they are.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I mean I'm presuming the subtext is "If y'all are gonna pin this shit on me, then sort this amongst yourself or it's fucking over for you guys" with sub-subtext of "yeah good luck getting the defense to agree to anything / omae wa mou shindeiru". It still feels really generous because the plaintiffs have no way to argue that their lawsuit isn't a SLAPP when they're going out on the streaming sites to rile up their goons against everybody who looks to have a negative opinion of their side, including, notably, the judge, in the first place.