• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JinnAxel

Oct 30, 2017
I forgot to asked yesterday. What this about a jellybean joke being the 'real' reason Vic was fired?
I believe that Vic's lawyer randomly said "Jelly beans" in the middle of a statement in the transcript. I'm assuming the the transcriber misheard "Which means" considering everyone who was live tweeting said that he was mumbling and barely audible.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I believe that Vic's lawyer randomly said "Jelly beans" in the middle of a statement in the transcript. I'm assuming the the transcriber misheard "Which means" considering everyone who was live tweeting said that he was mumbling and barely audible.

No.

He was talking about the famous jelly bean anecdote of Monica Rial.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if we can convince the Vic stans that when Vic wins (lol) that Vic gets ownership of FUNi. They seem gullible as hell.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Why does this case have multiple jelly bean related mishaps.

There aren't multiple incidents. Rial mentioned it in her deposition. You can read some of it in the "Rial and Toye's TCPA Motion to Dismiss" (Exhibit H - Deposition of Monica Rial) (Doc can be found on the threadmark link to all the documents). That one is partially redacted though. Screech has released the full deposition video, but only with him making Screechy noises over it. Can't really recommend that.

But in general, the above document is worth going through if you want to know more.

Edit: Seems like you are talking about us making fun of the livetweet where indeed Jelly Bean was typed in the middle of a sentence. He couldn't hear everything, and probably just put in in there because he heard that.

As to why VicStans keep focusing on that, they seem to think that sworn depositions are not evidence (they are) so they ignore the rather horrible incident she talks about before that. Again - you should read the documents for the full picture.

Last edited:

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So what's this about people saying Japan is not happy with FUNimation.

I'm just struggling to figure out why they care.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
I do know that Vic supposed ate a jellybean with Rial's name on it and said 'I ate Rial'. My question was more in line with why do Vic fans think this was the 'real' reason why he was fired.
They like to BS about it being "the real reason Vic got fired" because in their eyes it makes Funi look petty. There's absolutely zero proof of this of course, and in fact all signs point to Funi's investigation unearthing some very troubling evidence of sexual harassment and assault, but the stans would never admit that. In their constructed reality, Vic did nothing wrong and this is all the result of "PC culture gone mad" or whatever the hell they're scapegoating these days to keep powerful monsters free of consequence.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I've kinda lost track of what's going on but long story short Vic finally lost the case? We can finally wrap this shit up?

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
I wonder if we can convince the Vic stans that when Vic wins (lol) that Vic gets ownership of FUNi. They seem gullible as hell.

I mean, I've seen Vic Stans breathing the same air as you and I that sincerely believe Vic can not only replace Gen Fukunaga as president, but that tweeting Trump about Vic's unfair dismissal will amount to anything, so...

I do know that Vic supposed ate a jellybean with Rial's name on it and said 'I ate Rial'. My question was more in line with why do Vic fans think this was the 'real' reason why he was fired.

Because either a) they're that fucking stupid and b) they're trying to gaslight the narrative. Remember those controversial FUNi dub leaks from a week or two ago? They're claiming hypocrisy over that (as in, they're free to say naughty things, but Vic can get fired over something as innocuous as a jelly bean), despite how ANYONE who'd been following this scandal from the beginning knows this was about sexual assault.

See above -- they're pretending Toei's pissed about those leaks.

MarzGurl

Jan 23, 2019
Long Beach, CA
I've kinda lost track of what's going on but long story short Vic finally lost the case? We can finally wrap this shit up?
No, not entirely. But in the majority, yes.

The suit against Jamie was entirely thrown out. Some of the pieces of the suits against Funimation, Monica, and Ron have been thrown out, but the claims of defamation from those three parties still stand. The judge has 30 days to rule on those.

As an aside, it sure feels like lately there are a lot of people coming in and asking a lot of questions that have already been covered that, up until now, people had a pretty clear understanding of. But then, I guess when you hit about 200 pages, it becomes easy to get lost.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Quoting myself from above, since I edited that in and you might have missed it.

As to why VicStans keep focusing on that, they seem to think that sworn depositions are not evidence (they are) so they ignore the rather horrible incident she talks about before that. Again - you should read the documents for the full picture.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017

A majority of his case was thrown out, including everything against Marchi.

Judge has a month to review the leftovers but Vics lawyer is so incompetent he showed up to a hearing with forged notarized docs and no evidence.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017

The suit against Jamie was entirely thrown out. Some of the pieces of the suits against Funimation, Monica, and Ron have been thrown out, but the claims of defamation from those three parties still stand. The judge has 30 days to rule on those.

As an aside, it sure feels like lately there are a lot of people coming in and asking a lot of questions that have already been covered that, up until now, people had a pretty clear understanding of. But then, I guess when you hit about 200 pages, it becomes easy to get lost.

You have the voice of an angel. That last line had me slapping my knees.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017

I've decided not to stress over this until I hear about the outcome of the court. In all honesty I did try to piece together by reading the last few pages but I just got lost lol

Primus

Oct 25, 2017

They don't. It was one of the early threats of the Vicstans, that quite obviously Toei would be VERY UPSET with this SHAMEFUL ACT on Funi's part, and would end up taking the DBZ license away from Funimation and WOULDN'T THAT SHOW THOSE GUYS HA HA HA.

Like most of what comes out of a Vicstan's mouth, it's complete BS.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
They don't. It was one of the early threats of the Vicstans, that quite obviously Toei would be VERY UPSET with this SHAMEFUL ACT on Funi's part, and would end up taking the DBZ license away from Funimation and WOULDN'T THAT SHOW THOSE GUYS HA HA HA.

Like most of what comes out of a Vicstan's mouth, it's complete BS.

But the yakuza are really angry, right? RIGHT?

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
Seems like it as he has so little power he was not allowed to keep his phone in court.
Only laywers with a bar card were allowed to have their phones. I don't know if they're actually allowed to live-tweet but the lawyer who livetweeted has a TX bar card. As far as I've seen Rekieta doesn't have a bar card anywhere.

Re: Toei Animation "being mad" it's mostly done because of the smear campaign by re-releasing the audio outtakes a week ago. They gained traction because "A Japanese Voice Actor!!" [Yuki Matsuzaki] has been tweeting/retweeting about it. As far as I can tell, it's a round circle of stans with the aim of lighting Funimation on fire because they realized there wasn't a case and needed to sling dirt.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Here I go quoting myself again. Sorry:

There aren't multiple incidents. Rial mentioned it in her deposition. You can read some of it in the "Rial and Toye's TCPA Motion to Dismiss" (Exhibit H - Deposition of Monica Rial) (Doc can be found on the threadmark link to all the documents). That one is partially redacted though. Screech has released the full deposition video, but only with him making Screechy noises over it. Can't really recommend that.
Can I get a direct link to these docs or are they on this thread somewhere?

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Here I go quoting myself again. Sorry:

K, Thanks.

Only laywers with a bar card were allowed to have their phones. I don't know if they're actually allowed to live-tweet but the lawyer who livetweeted has a TX bar card. As far as I've seen Rekieta doesn't have a bar card anywhere.

Re: Toei Animation "being mad" it's mostly done because of the smear campaign by re-releasing the audio outtakes a week ago. They gained traction because "A Japanese Voice Actor!!" [Yuki Matsuzaki] has been tweeting/retweeting about it. As far as I can tell, it's a round circle of stans with the aim of lighting Funimation on fire because they realized there wasn't a case and needed to sling dirt.

It wasn't re-released since it was never released in the first place. Someone actually had to heck into Funi's servers to get them.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
It wasn't re-released since it was never released in the first place. Someone actually had to heck into Funi's servers to get them.

That's not correct. Those audio recordings have been out for a long time. They used to play them at conventions even. First time I heard them was at Megacon I want to say 2004? Maybe 2006? I'll admit I don't have the date pinned down but they were played as an opening joke submission at an Anime Music Video contest.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
That's not correct. Those audio recordings have been out for a long time. They used to play them at conventions even. First time I heard them was at Megacon I want to say 2004? Maybe 2006? I'll admit I don't have the date pinned down but they were played as an opening joke submission at an Anime Music Video contest.

Really? I was told that the were outtakes never meant to see the light of day.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
We seem to have a situation where we have a lot of people coming in asking us to verify various statements from VicStans and even posting Youtube videos from rather lollable people, asking us to debunk those.

I am not sure these are actually directly problematic. Last time I saw problematic was the trio of accounts calling everyone "hypocrites" when the totally unrelated Toye-thing happened.

So what is/should be the way forward here?

Will gladly help educate and direct to the proper info and or documents. We are getting to a rather high page count here, and reading 200 pages of posts probably makes less sense than just directing people to the appropriate documents, and having them read those.

On the other hand, it does get kinda disruptive and I feel like maybe having some more threadmarks might help?

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ty made some mistakes and I am not going to deny that he did, but the Judge also was very absent minded of Texas law too. He was too busy looking at what wasn't there instead of looking at what there was and this was a Prima Facie case. Ty even says Prima Facie case over 10 times throughout the trial and the Judge practically ignored that which is ground to an appeal.

The judge was literally ignoring some of the more damning evidence all for the sake of...whatever reason he had. Yeah, the mistake on Ty's with Chuck Huber's and Chris Slatosh affidavid's is a problem is it really such a big problem that it can't be looked into? Especially if you have cause and make the claim that "we need to track down something because we didn't have enough time. It takes more than 3 months to tracks down any and all info and of course make rulings on cons who are unwilling to possibly share info.

Hell, some murder cases get solved 10 years down the line because no evidence comes up for anything.

J. Sean has provided NO evidence despite request and no one says anything. The judge pays no attention.
J. Sean filed supplement and more pass the due dates, but against the Judge ignores it.

There is so much going on that is either be ignored, forgotten, or the Judge refused to even listen to and yet we want to go after Ty for one mistake. Sounds a bit unfair.

Hell, they ruled that Vic was a public figure based on how many people showed up at the court house that day. How BS is that even though the judge himself didn't know who these people were. That is garbage tier logic. So either the Judge is stupid and ignored several key elements or the Law has become so inadequate that appealing this case has become almost necessary to the point of saying "time to redo the law when it comes to social networking."

And yet, a woman filed false accusations and a man gets jailed for 20 years based on ONLY a testimony. 20 years. How many times did they find out that she lied about being raped? How many times lately have so many men have been put into prison for a crime they did not commit because a women wanted revenge? Too many and society does not seem to care. The law does not seem to care. The woman gets a slap on the wrist for ruining a man's life.

Meanwhile, Funimation actually has sexual predators working for them and they do nothing. They talk about their policies as a company and yet they play favorites among who has the most power. Vic makes a joke about a jellybean....gets fired. Sabat is accused of soliciting sex for jobs aka casting couch and they get nothing. Sean Schemmel calls someone a fag...NOTHING. Sabat and Schemmel makes fun of pedophilia, rape, and sodomy....and nothing. Funimation does NOTHING.

So unless someone wants to excuse their BS once again...the law is inadequate. The law is extremely inadequate and the more these cases are brought up the more the law is shown to be inadequate when tackling the modern area. Good Men today, because of this cancel culture society, are losing their lives and jobs over lies and slander....and no one is doing anything about the unjust nature.

I am tired of bad people getting away with everything because of "circumstantial evidence." "This evidence is damning, but because you didn't cross this t or dotted that i, we have to throw it out." Meanwhile, the real bad guys act like the victims and cry in the corner their fake tears because "people are picking on them." Bunch of adults acting worse than children because a bunch of people on the internet calls them "kitten."

I got a new campaign.
Giant Meteor 2020
Just end it all.

I rather not live in this world where a man could go to jail for 20 years for even saying Hi to a girl, but a woman can lie through her teeth and get a slap on the wrist.

Susan B. Anthony is turning in her grave right now.

And remember,
According to Monica and Jamie, and the rest of the "family"...you are NOT a true anime fan unless you praise them like gods and despise Vic. That is what apparently makes you a true anime fan in their eyes. You have to lick Jamie and Monica's boots to be a "true anime fan."

Like holy shit... this guy is obsessed. I really want to go on a tangent and destroy him.

Like he believes what Chuck Huber said, but he isn't willing to believe what Jaime and Monica say?

What a hypocrite.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Ty made some mistakes and I am not going to deny that he did, but the Judge also was very absent minded of Texas law too. He was too busy looking at what wasn't there instead of looking at what there was and this was a Prima Facie case. Ty even says Prima Facie case over 10 times throughout the trial and the Judge practically ignored that which is ground to an appeal.

The judge was literally ignoring some of the more damning evidence all for the sake of...whatever reason he had. Yeah, the mistake on Ty's with Chuck Huber's and Chris Slatosh affidavid's is a problem is it really such a big problem that it can't be looked into? Especially if you have cause and make the claim that "we need to track down something because we didn't have enough time. It takes more than 3 months to tracks down any and all info and of course make rulings on cons who are unwilling to possibly share info.

Hell, some murder cases get solved 10 years down the line because no evidence comes up for anything.

J. Sean has provided NO evidence despite request and no one says anything. The judge pays no attention.
J. Sean filed supplement and more pass the due dates, but against the Judge ignores it.

There is so much going on that is either be ignored, forgotten, or the Judge refused to even listen to and yet we want to go after Ty for one mistake. Sounds a bit unfair.

Hell, they ruled that Vic was a public figure based on how many people showed up at the court house that day. How BS is that even though the judge himself didn't know who these people were. That is garbage tier logic. So either the Judge is stupid and ignored several key elements or the Law has become so inadequate that appealing this case has become almost necessary to the point of saying "time to redo the law when it comes to social networking."

And yet, a woman filed false accusations and a man gets jailed for 20 years based on ONLY a testimony. 20 years. How many times did they find out that she lied about being raped? How many times lately have so many men have been put into prison for a crime they did not commit because a women wanted revenge? Too many and society does not seem to care. The law does not seem to care. The woman gets a slap on the wrist for ruining a man's life.

Meanwhile, Funimation actually has sexual predators working for them and they do nothing. They talk about their policies as a company and yet they play favorites among who has the most power. Vic makes a joke about a jellybean....gets fired. Sabat is accused of soliciting sex for jobs aka casting couch and they get nothing. Sean Schemmel calls someone a fag...NOTHING. Sabat and Schemmel makes fun of pedophilia, rape, and sodomy....and nothing. Funimation does NOTHING.

So unless someone wants to excuse their BS once again...the law is inadequate. The law is extremely inadequate and the more these cases are brought up the more the law is shown to be inadequate when tackling the modern area. Good Men today, because of this cancel culture society, are losing their lives and jobs over lies and slander....and no one is doing anything about the unjust nature.

I am tired of bad people getting away with everything because of "circumstantial evidence." "This evidence is damning, but because you didn't cross this t or dotted that i, we have to throw it out." Meanwhile, the real bad guys act like the victims and cry in the corner their fake tears because "people are picking on them." Bunch of adults acting worse than children because a bunch of people on the internet calls them "kitten."

I got a new campaign.
Giant Meteor 2020
Just end it all.

I rather not live in this world where a man could go to jail for 20 years for even saying Hi to a girl, but a woman can lie through her teeth and get a slap on the wrist.

And remember,
According to Monica and Jamie, and the rest of the "family"...you are NOT a true anime fan unless you praise them like gods and despise Vic. That is what apparently makes you a true anime fan in their eyes. You have to lick Jamie and Monica's boots to be a "true anime fan."

Like holy shit... this guy is obsessed. I really want to go on a tangent and destroy him.

Like he believes what Chuck Huber said, but he isn't willing to believe what Jaime and Monica say?

What a hypocrite.

Yeah all that is hilariously stupid on his part. Seriously. I wouldn't bother responding to it. Hell I don't know where I'd start responding to it.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017

I got a new campaign.
Giant Meteor 2020
Just end it all.

And remember,

What a hypocrite.

The one thing I do agree on is that Vic should have been fired a long time ago if we have accusers going by 20 something years and it's timely that they only give him the boot now, granted most of that is because of MeToo who did a lot of good overall despite my issues with some of them.

That said, what happened with Vic isn't the same as Sabat since so far only one person claimed he's given jobs for sex. When and if we get several other people to verify this story, then we can talk. Sean calling someone a 'fag' was in a outtake and we can have a debate about Sean apologizing for it, but that isn't the same as being accused as sexual harassment. And I find it disturbing that so many people can't really see the different.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
The one thing I do agree on is that Vic should have been fired a long time ago if we have accusers going by 20 something years and it's timely that they only give him the boot now, granted most of that is because of MeToo who did a lot of good overall despite my issues with some of them.

That said, what happened with Vic isn't the same as Sabat since so far only one person claimed he's given jobs for sex. When and if we get several other people to verify this story, then we can talk. Sean calling someone a 'fag' was in a outtake and we can have a debate about Sean apologizing for it, but that isn't the same as being accused as sexual harassment. And I find it disturbing that so many people can't really see the different.

30 years, and that accuser recently cemented that on twitter. And how many of those were brought to Funi we do not know.

Sabat wasn't even accused of that. Read the document. He specifically names Sabat throughout the document, but in that specific part, he only mentions "Funimation employees".

Can we PLEASE stop having these VicStan points repeated in here?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, repeatedly in the Threadnought it was mentioned that Minnesota's bar is voluntary or something like that. If he didn't voluntarily attempt to pass the bar (or if he did and failed) then he kinda can't get disbarred.
Is that how it works? I'm admittedly confused by that - really, a lot of how disconnected the American legal system seems to be - but I'm seeing stuff about lawyers being suspended from practice in Minnesota. There's some Office of Lawyers Professional Responsibility that

Coincidentally, I feel based on looking at that list that a lot of people have numbers in their names in Minnesota.

We seem to have a situation where we have a lot of people coming in asking us to verify various statements from VicStans and even posting Youtube videos from rather lollable people, asking us to debunk those.

I am not sure these are actually directly problematic. Last time I saw problematic was the trio of accounts calling everyone "hypocrites" when the totally unrelated Toye-thing happened.

So what is/should be the way forward here?

Will gladly help educate and direct to the proper info and or documents. We are getting to a rather high page count here, and reading 200 pages of posts probably makes less sense than just directing people to the appropriate documents, and having them read those.

On the other hand, it does get kinda disruptive and I feel like maybe having some more threadmarks might help?

If people are tired of explanations, we can make a FAQ post. I can't do it right this second but if no one else wants to I'll give it a shot later.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
30 years, and that accuser recently cemented that on twitter. And how many of those were brought to Funi we do not know.

Sabat wasn't even accused of that. Read the document. He specifically names Sabat throughout the document, but in that specific part, he only mentions "Funimation employees".

Can we PLEASE stop having these VicStan points repeated in here?
Yep, there's also evidence that the whole casting couch comment was about Vic:

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Yep, there's also evidence that the whole casting couch comment was about Vic:

I would say that I still can't believe that "these claims against my client are false; he can't be a sex pest because sex pest culture was normal at his workplace" is something that his defense actually expected to make Vic sound less guilty but these are guys who probably don't know how to lace their clownshoes, so

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

I got a new campaign.
Giant Meteor 2020
Just end it all.

And remember,

What a hypocrite.

I love how it always has to go to the biggest extremes.

So yeah see one time this women accused a man of rape it he went to prison for 20 years and it was a lie.

Instead of looking at the case and seeing what actually happened, or hell even citing the case so others can check. The person jumps to:

I don't want to live in a world where a man spends 20 years in jail for saying hi to a woman.

Like what the fuck? When has that EVER happened, ever.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I love how it always has to go to the biggest extremes.

So yeah see one time this women accused a man of rape it he went to prison for 20 years and it was a lie.

Instead of looking at the case and seeing what actually happened, or hell even citing the case so others can check. The person jumps to:

I don't want to live in a world where a man spends 20 years in jail for saying hi to a woman.

Like what the fuck? When has that EVER happened, ever.

Yeah...

I literally just said hi to a girl the last few weeks. How is it somebody going to jail for that?