• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Nick sort of has his own firm. Up until recently it was basically just a name with no legal distinction from himself. He does also have a law degree.

As far as I know, nobody has any fucking clue if he's ever done any actual legal work.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
This isn't accurate.

Ty is the person that is a real lawyer with his own law firm (though with no experience in defamation)
Nick is the one that has been streaming.

Ty has been on nicks stream from time to time but it's all nick that we see with the streams.

Nick is also a Lawyer with his own law firm in Minnesota.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Nick sort of has his own firm. Up until recently it was basically just a name with no legal distinction from himself. He does also have a law degree.

As far as I know, nobody has any fucking clue if he's ever done any actual legal work.

Sounds like some idiot looking for his five minutes of fame and jumped on Vic's wagon. Kind of like those TV lawyers who don't practice, but always have their two cents to add.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Btw, who came up with KickVic and WeStandWithVic? I don't like either since it comes off as playing teams when the accused is sexual harassment with minors being involved in some.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
MarzGurl came up with #KickVic but I believe she didn't think it would take off and become a "team".

Isn't his law firm just on paper, and he let it lapse for like 2 years until lawtwitter pointed it out?
Something like that. Don't remember exactly, but something like it's a LLC (kind if a pseudo-corporation) now but only because law twitter pointed out that the structure it was before that I can't even remember of the name of had no legal protections, it was literally just Rekieta calling himself a company.

EDIT: I think I actually got it right. From a quick google, the fact that he has to register it is moreso so that consumers aren't predated on by people or companies using fake names.

Last edited:

MarzGurl

Jan 23, 2019
Long Beach, CA

Nick is a real lawyer at the very base level you can call him one. He went to law school. He passed the bar. He has a Minnesota office that operates out of a strip mall. He has, in fact, worked some cases. It's just SIGNIFICANTLY less cases than the majority of law Twitter. But he was the first lawyer to throw himself into the mix through his YouTube channel (which he works on significantly more than he does actually being a lawyer, and who knows if he's actually even representing anybody right now or if he even has this whole year). This is why people gravitated towards him at first, because he gave the atmosphere of being a real lawyer who seemed to have every reason to be trustworthy, as he appeared to have all of the qualifications of someone who should know what he was talking about.

Then LawTwitter showed up and made it obvious that, even if he did all the bare minimum steps to legally be able to be called a "lawyer", he really shouldn't be.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Nick is a real lawyer at the very base level you can call him one. He went to law school. He passed the bar. He has a Minnesota office that operates out of a strip mall. He has, in fact, worked some cases. It's just SIGNIFICANTLY less cases than the majority of law Twitter. But he was the first lawyer to throw himself into the mix through his YouTube channel (which he works on significantly more than he does actually being a lawyer, and who knows if he's actually even representing anybody right now or if he even has this whole year). This is why people gravitated towards him at first, because he gave the atmosphere of being a real lawyer who seemed to have every reason to be trustworthy, as he appeared to have all of the qualifications of someone who should know what he was talking about.

Then LawTwitter showed up and made it obvious that, even if he did all the bare minimum steps to legally be able to be called a "lawyer", he really shouldn't be.

What's LawTwitter? And why shouldn't he be a lawyer, besides being an attention seeker?

Honestly, he probably makes more money off his Youtube channel than he ever did actually practicing law and the StandWithVic is given him plenty of views. Especially since I think 90% of Dragon Ball Youtubers are StandWithVic.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
And why shouldn't he be a lawyer, besides being an attention seeker?

Well, for example, he was forced to admit on Twitter that didn't understand what "publishing" means in the context of defamation. He was arguing with Greg Doucette that it would be ridiculous if slander - spoken defamation, although I'm pretty sure most legal systems just lump it together nowadays - had to be published before you could pursue it.

Note that "publishing" in this context doesn't mean putting it into a magazine or something, it just means communicating to another human being. That requirement just means that you can't sue someone for, like, what they write in their diary or mumble to themselves in the bathroom.

Last edited:

Xenotome

Aug 31, 2019
Well frankly, going by his own LinkedIn Page... he went to Law School for 4 years, but makes no mention of a degree from it. He makes mention of his BA in literature from 2005, but nothing from Law School. He's also not listed on the Minnesota Bar database probably because he never actually took it or failed it.
3NXJOH8.png

So yes, he has gone to law school in the sense that it appears he spent 3 years trying to become a real one and it didn't work so he took all his education he got from there to be a Youtube Streamer cosplaying as a shitty lawyer. Minnesota doesn't require you to pass the Bar to become a practicing lawyer.

Side bar, kind of sad to google his name and first comes up his Twitter where he expounds nonsense, Youtube channel where he does the same, Patreon who pay him to say stupid shit, an article about him getting suspended from Twitter, and FINALLY his woefully inept LinkedIn Page.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What's LawTwitter? And why shouldn't he be a lawyer, besides being an attention seeker?
Various unrelated lawyers who have twitter accounts and have commented on the stupidity of this case; as for Rekieta, basically everything he has claimed in regards to the proceedings and possible outcomes of this case has been proven wrong by these lawyers, so his professional capabilities are highly questionable to say the least.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Well frankly, going by his own LinkedIn Page... he went to Law School for 4 years, but makes no mention of a degree from it. He makes mention of his BA in literature from 2005, but nothing from Law School. He's also not listed on the Minnesota Bar database probably because he never actually took it or failed it.
3NXJOH8.png

So yes, he has gone to law school in the sense that it appears he spent 3 years trying to become a real one and it didn't work so he took all his education he got from there to be a Youtube Streamer cosplaying as a shitty lawyer. Minnesota doesn't require you to pass the Bar to become a practicing lawyer.

Side bar, kind of sad to google his name and first comes up his Twitter where he expounds nonsense, Youtube channel where he does the same, Patreon who pay him to say stupid shit, an article about him getting suspended from Twitter, and FINALLY his woefully inept LinkedIn Page.

That's troubling.....

Funny thing as I read the bolded I was listening to one of his videos where he actually says, 'you can report me to the Bar'. I guess we can't because he isn't even registered.

Various unrelated lawyers who have twitter accounts and have commented on the stupidity of this case; as for Rekieta, basically everything he has claimed in regards to the proceedings and possible outcomes of this case has been proven wrong by these lawyers, so his professional capabilities are highly questionable to say the least.

How did Vic's case even get this much attention?

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Because idiots thought it was going to be an easy case to smack down against the oppressive #MeToo so all Grifters came out of the woodwork even if they had no clue who Vic was to protect him from these FALSE ACCUSATIONS!
Also he is a decently known voice actor in the con circles, having voiced the protagonist for Fullmetal Alchemist and recently Broly for the newest Dragon Ball movie. He has amassed a relatively decent fanbase of the years.

So you combine his actual fans with alt-right grifters and also some misogynistic anime fans (who are not necessarily fans of his previously) and there you have it. The shit stew is ready.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think either of those actually match the question, hah. Since it's regarding the attention from other lawyers on Twitter, it's the "calling someone shit is defamation" thing.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
That's troubling.....

Funny thing as I read the bolded I was listening to one of his videos where he actually says, 'you can report me to the Bar'. I guess we can't because he isn't even registered.

Vic's case caught attention with Lawtwitter when the first filing infamously said that calling Vic a piece of shit was defemation because "he is not actually made of feces"

It was so mind bogglingly stupid that it caught the attention of Lawyers world wide.

Nov 3, 2017
It was so mind bogglingly stupid that it caught the attention of Lawyers world wide.

Can confirm. A few of my colleagues here in Australia have seen it.

Just a full disclosure, I'm not a practicing lawyer, but I have a law degree and work in an office with a number of people who are either lawyers or people with some sort of legal background

Oct 25, 2017
The saddest part about Ty's incompetence is that he fucked up such an easy win, no I'm not talking about the damn case which even a competent lawyer would be troubled to win in any sense. But rather his grifting, he could of walked off scot-free with a pile of alt-right funded money if he had the competence to actually get actual notarization instead of his stupidity of falsifying them. Now he's going to face possible sanctions and other fun money-eating potential issues do to this illegal action that could of been avoided with even a minuscule amount of competence. It's just impresive if nothing else how he fucked up such an easy grift do to himself and only himself.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck, the first thing I did with the "literal piece of feces" letter was share it with all of my litigator friends, so I can see how it blew up quickly because law just isn't practiced the way Percy and Screech seemed to have convinced a fair amount of people it does

And I bet some of Ty's motions are going to circle some 1L Legal Writing courses, so he'll live in infamy there too

Xenotome

Aug 31, 2019
Okay, this guy is hilarious. His mental breakdown in March had me rolling:

Ron's being cucked... but now Ron's the one they're all afraid of... what a difference a few months makes...

Lol... he literally just said "CONTRACT! HE'S UNDER CONTRACT! A SIGNED PIECE OF PAPER!"

But but... I thought that wasn't what a contract was, Nick...

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I think the best punch line to the entire thing is everyone keeps calling Vic 'voice of Broly' when Vic is on record saying that he doesn't really like voicing Broly since he murders his voice and he was happy when he finally died in the third movie. Then he heard that he had to voice him in video games.

Xenotome

Aug 31, 2019
I think the best punch line to the entire thing is everyone keeps calling Vic 'voice of Broly' when Vic is on record saying that he doesn't really like voicing Broly since he murders his voice and he was happy when he finally died in the third movie. Then he heard that he had to voice him in video games.

I can't wait for the shit show when Super's version of Broly is brought into FighterZ with a different voice actors. It's gonna be great.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Vic's case caught attention with Lawtwitter when the first filing infamously said that calling Vic a piece of shit was defemation because "he is not actually made of feces"

There's one detail I love about it that I feel no one ever brings up. Ty Beard not made this argument, but he also gave a definition of the word "shit", like the judge hasn't heard it before. Shit isn't an obscure word. Hell, the word "feces" that he used as a definition is the less common word by far, being imported into the English language from Latin.

Who is the person that would read that and go "oh, so that's what it means, I totally agree that the statement was incorrect."

Last edited:

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
It's a multitude of things that lead to this blowing up.

1) Vic has groomed/cultivated a deticated fanbase that he weaponized from very early on to attack/undermine not only the victims/accusers but also people who spread the accusations on social media, even people/other fans of anime who had nothing to do with Vic or the victims accusing him. Go back to the early days of this thing and you can find these Vic fanboys & girls coming to the twitter feeds of anyone who dared mention Vic's behaviour with the usual "Vic is being persecuted, misinterpreted waaah waah waaah" crap.
2) anime was a mistake; the whole anime community is filled with toxic shitstains of humanity who will attack any women who dare accuse anyone of their community/industry of any wrongdoing, especially when it comes to progressive issues/"SJW stuff"
3) the larger alt-right fascist Nazi cult that has also latched on to this case, who will go wherever Good, White Men(tm) are accused of sexual assault, bigotry or other shitty behaviour & try to oppress accusers into silence through doxxing, death threats & such.
4) BlackFacedMoron brought his brand of visibility to this thing.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Ron's being cucked... but now Ron's the one they're all afraid of... what a difference a few months makes...

Lol... he literally just said "CONTRACT! HE'S UNDER CONTRACT! A SIGNED PIECE OF PAPER!"

But but... I thought that wasn't what a contract was, Nick...

Why are they afraid of Ron now?

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia

If somebody tumbled down a three-storey flight of stairs, landed in a goofy position and then shit themselves, wouldn't you turn to look? Because this is the court case version of that.

I was actually told years ago that Vic's performance as Broly is digitally manipulated.

Last edited:

Xenotome

Aug 31, 2019
Why are they afraid of Ron now?

Because somebody dug up the filings for a case with his ex-wife where she claimed that he hit her, so now he's a massive wife beater without knowing the details of the case (nor do they care) or that it was dismissed.

One of their "theories" is that Ron threatened the judge and that's why he dismissed the bulk of the charges. As if the judge has never dealt with being threatened before over a case and doesn't know proper procedure to report it because it's a god damn felony.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017

Yes, i am pretty sure that is actually going to get taught in law school as a prime example of "what defamation is not"

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
It's a multitude of things that lead to this blowing up.

1) Vic has groomed/cultivated a deticated fanbase that he weaponized from very early on to attack/undermine not only the victims/accusers but also people who spread the accusations on social media, even people/other fans of anime who had nothing to do with Vic or the victims accusing him. Go back to the early days of this thing and you can find these Vic fanboys & girls coming to the twitter feeds of anyone who dared mention Vic's behaviour with the usual "Vic is being persecuted, misinterpreted waaah waah waaah" crap.
2) anime was a mistake; the whole anime community is filled with toxic shitstains of humanity who will attack any women who dare accuse anyone of their community/industry of any wrongdoing, especially when it comes to progressive issues/"SJW stuff"
3) the larger alt-right fascist Nazi cult that has also latched on to this case, who will go wherever Good, White Men(tm) are accused of sexual assault, bigotry or other shitty behaviour & try to oppress accusers into silence through doxxing, death threats & such.
4) BlackFacedMoron brought his brand of visibility to this thing.
It's not just anime, nerd culture/community as a whole has these toxic shitstains

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
It's not just anime, nerd culture/community as a whole has these toxic shitstains
Sure, but from nerdy subcultures, I'd say anime is on average one of the more toxic ones. Mostly because so much of it is misogynistic, pedo bait/waifu crap nowadays (even children's anime has some gross stuff) and that attracts a certain kind of audience. As much as other nerdy subcultures have similar issues & aren't perfect by any means, there's a lot more variety there on a constant basis and as such the community does not attract just the toxic shitstains & creeps but a lot more positive (sub)communities.

MarzGurl

Jan 23, 2019
Long Beach, CA
3NXJOH8.png

Yeah, repeatedly in the Threadnought it was mentioned that Minnesota's bar is voluntary or something like that. If he didn't voluntarily attempt to pass the bar (or if he did and failed) then he kinda can't get disbarred.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
That video posted earlier in the thread with the dude who was like "OH THE JUDGE IS BIASED AND I BELIEVE..". gave me a headache. I really want to sock some of these losers right in the face.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Just wanted to say thanks again for everyone answering my questions yesterday and being so patient. If nothing else, I can see why Vic's case has almost 200 pages despite not being a criminal trial. This thing is more amusing that most anime.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I forgot to asked yesterday. What this about a jellybean joke being the 'real' reason Vic was fired?

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Geez, on a forum I frequent, there's this one guy who's FURIOUS about what happened, he's firmly on Vic's side....

I really just want to lay into him.