• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Did something new happen? Anyone able to link to a post summarizing what's been going on over the last day or so?

Edit: Oh right, checking the threadmarks...

Eraser Head

Aug 22, 2019
Oregon
Be careful with that tweet chain. The person posting is a Vic Stan and there is definitely some spin going on in it.

Looking at who they follow on Twitter raises some red flags as well. Which includes alt-right/alt-lite and far-right individuals such as James O'Keefe, Tim Poole, Paul Joseph Watson, Ethan Ralph, and probably the biggest red flage: STONETOSS!

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
This thread is amazing.

I think they manage to cover pretty much every Beardism in existence.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
GFM is almost at 500$ over target, even after the creator asked people to just go donate directly to RAINN instead.

Imagine that. Supporting victims instead of... you know...

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Looking at who they follow on Twitter raises some red flags as well. Which includes alt-right/alt-lite and far-right individuals such as James O'Keefe, Tim Poole, Paul Joseph Watson, Ethan Ralph, and probably the biggest red flage: STONETOSS!

Now they are have been on YellowFlash's stream and apparent much more open with there views claiming they wanted the recap to be neutral.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Did something new happen? Anyone able to link to a post summarizing what's been going on over the last day or so?

Edit: Oh right, checking the threadmarks...

They were in court yesterday, this was the result.

Judge has 30 days to rule on the rest, but Beard and co. flubbed it so badly, I wouldn't be surprised if he tosses those too. Vicstans are losing their minds, obviously. Even going as far as trolling the Judge's 8 years abandoned facebook page. It's been a fun couple of days for #kickvic

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know who that is....

Stonetoss is an extreme-right webcomic that loves spewing propaganda. It's very likely that the creator is a neo-nazi as he keeps writing comics about holocaust denial and how Jews are responsible for the demographic changes.
He's very tricky. Using dogwhistles and sometimes doing comics that aren't political to attract outside people (like doing a comic about EA).

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
So there's a tending video on YouTube of Sean Schemmel calling Gohan a "f*****" from a 2002 clip. It's pretty startling to hear (I didn't think it was real at first) but stupidly checked the comments to see where it came from.

* "The 🏳️‍🌈 love to cancel people for things they did 20 years ago" "that word isn't even offensive" "the left will cancel all of anime"

* "Schemmel is already cancelled for what he did to Vic" "yeah all for a jellybean joke" "bruh Broly get cancelled for literally nothing" "all for a jellybean" "no evidence either"

* "Dante DMC icon says "what did Vic do? What's this about a jellybean"

THOUUUUUUUSANDS of comments underneath with 500+ likes, all praising Vic, bashing Rial, spreading the conspiracy.

Someone please tell me there's just a machine out there literally making these. This is really, really fucking bad. In my little Era corner I see daily updates of Vic and his awful lawyer being sloppy and I've seen hopeful comments claiming that the ISWV isn't as loud as it once was.

I don't think that's true at all. The same lies are multiplying and spreading by thousands on the most popular social media apps. I don't know what the solution is.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
So there's a tending video on YouTube of Sean Schemmel calling Gohan a "f*****" from a 2002 clip. It's pretty startling to hear (I didn't think it was real at first) but stupidly checked the comments to see where it came from.

* "The 🏳️‍🌈 love to cancel people for things they did 20 years ago" "that word isn't even offensive" "the left will cancel all of anime"

* "Schemmel is already cancelled for what he did to Vic" "yeah all for a jellybean joke" "bruh Broly get cancelled for literally nothing" "all for a jellybean" "no evidence either"

THOUUUUUUUSANDS of comments underneath with 500+ likes, all praising Vic, bashing Rial, spreading the conspiracy.

Someone please tell me there's just a machine out there literally making these. This is really, really fucking bad. In my little Era corner I see daily updates of Vic and his awful lawyer being sloppy and I've seen hopeful comments claiming that the ISWV isn't as loud as it once was.

I don't think that's true at all. The same lies are multiplying and spreading by thousands on the most popular social media apps. I don't know what the solution is.

Multiple people have described going to cons, including one with Monica and Jamie, and seeing none of this. It's likely mostly a mix of bots and multiple accounts. #ISWV is a very loud minority trying to make itself look bigger than it is.

Feb 13, 2018
Japan

On sites like Twitter and YouTube it seems to be genuine, unfortunately. I doubt it's going away any time soon either. But as far as your average fan on the street goes I doubt they're like that.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

He wasn't really expected to go?

I think this aspect of the past couple days has been weirdly focused on but it wasn't an expectation by default. Defense tried to force him to be there but it was very last minute... of course, instead of going against it for that obvious reason, Beard instead went into something about privileged information...

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Multiple people have described going to cons, including one with Monica and Jamie, and seeing none of this. It's likely mostly a mix of bots and multiple accounts. #ISWV is a very loud minority trying to make itself look bigger than it is.

Don't forget it's the Internet. You could have people from, I don't know, Thailand coming in and pretending to be from Minnesota just so they can threaten a "local" convention.

I don't doubt the "realness" of many Convics, I do doubt however that many of them are actually from America, or even close to the US.

Eraser Head

Aug 22, 2019
Oregon
Stonetoss is an extreme-right webcomic that loves spewing propaganda. It's very likely that the creator is a neo-nazi as he keeps writing comics about holocaust denial and how Jews are responsible for the demographic changes.
He's very tricky. Using dogwhistles and sometimes doing comics that aren't political to attract outside people (like doing a comic about EA).

Not to get to off topic, I read a few of his strips out of morbid curiosity and several are very anti-circumcision (I don't know if that's just his backward view it or if it's view generally shared by other white supremacist groups). Several times he even advertises a documentary that's currently on Netflix about circumcision.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I don't doubt the "realness" of many Convics, I do doubt however that many of them are actually from America, or even close to the US.
I doubt their realness in terms of them giving a damn about this actual case or Vic or even anime tbh. A lot of them are from other hate groups that jumped on the bandwagon.

Not to get to off topic, I read a few of his strips out of morbid curiosity and several are very anti-circumcision (I don't know if that's just his backward view it or if it's view generally shared by other white supremacist groups). Several times he even advertises a documentary that's currently on Netflix about circumcision.
That is pretty off topic tbf, but I'd assume white supremacists would be anti-circumcision for religious reasons given it's done as part of Islam and Judaism, two of the main targets of white supremacy.

That said, there's definitely criticism to be brought up of the US's practice of circumcision for solely cosmetic reasons as is super popular there (I definitely wouldn't define it as a 'backward view') but I wouldn't really assume that someone who writes racist comics would be arguing about that in good faith.

Xenotome

Aug 31, 2019
You know, I know the line they spout is bullshit that they'd never heard complaints about Vic up until this whole thing came down the wind, but I was just doing some research through old comments and I actually found one... recounting Michelle Blankenship's pretty on the money given in 2017...

11/12/17, 4:39 AM
I'm sorry I just found this article and I had to comment. One of my friends was 16 when he was her worship leader. He invited her to his house to "look at a video of a new worship song he is working on". He forced his hands all over her and his tongue on her. She got away without being raped but she was screwed up for a long time.

I don't know how you can say this shit with a straight face when even a cursory glance can tell you the internet is full of complaints about him.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
You know, I know the line they spout is bullshit that they'd never heard complaints about Vic up until this whole thing came down the wind, but I was just doing some research through old comments and I actually found one... recounting Michelle Blankenship's pretty on the money given in 2017...

I don't know how you can say this shit with a straight face when even a cursory glance can tell you the internet is full of complaints about him.
Jesus, I didn't know that story was out there before the defense brought it up in their response. That's insane.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god: Josh Martin (Majin Buu) and Chris Rager (Mr. Satan/Hercule) want to do a dramatic live-reading of the transcript.

I'M DOWN

If I wasn't so gleefully awaiting the transcript release, I could image reading it with this in the background and a hot cup of cocoa. And some kleenex for the tears of laughter.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Vic stans have been able to mobilize money so I don't think we should discount their size - unless there's some bored rich people who decided to imitate a bunch of donations - but there's a lot of things going on that may contribute to that.

- Vic himself built up a rabid fanbase by targeting emotionally vulnerable people and making them reliant on him
- Comicsgate and Gamergate already happened; this imported their followers and YouTubers
- 4chan started as an anime board and so chan culture is injected into anime culture as it is
- Kiwis have been brought in, and a lot of them are nihilistic fair-weather friends that will gladly turn on their allies when they get bored

If you look at comments on their Gofundme or whatever, you'll see a bunch of people tearfully talking about due process and how they think this poor man is being targeted and half of them are immediately followed by someone say "yeah gonna round me up some consluts". I didnt make up that word, by the way, it seems to be making the rounds on their camp.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
It really does feel like we're living in a new golden age for cults.

With the internet, its so easy to gather and mobilize small minded or mentally ill people for a dangerous cause.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
It really does feel like we're living in a new golden age for cults.

With the internet, its so easy to gather and mobilize small minded or mentally ill people for a dangerous cause.
I don't even think that's it. The Risembool Rangers, Vic's cult, have apparently been around for a while. I personally never heard of them but I'm not part of that sphere. Kiwis aren't new either, Comicsgate maybe.

The big thing is that all of these groups are now being pushed into working together. Alone they'd still be assholes, but they'd be assholes without the energy or reach of being in something bigger.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like Screech, days later, will be telling his crowd how to feel about all this tonight.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
I thought Beard was supposed to be rested enough for today to release his eloquent counter to the rulings the day before, and how it's all going to be just fine.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Possible paths forward:

giphy.gif

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
It is weird that we're seeing wannabe Goebbels strategies being applied to some pedophile who gets paid to grunts over cartoons.

Like, even the panic we've seen now is just the the realization sinking in why all of the battles the state media (remember, don't trust any other source) says we're winning keep getting closer and closer to home.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Going to double post because we're allowed to claim defamation on truthful statements and it's unconstitutional to try to stop us

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Currently reading the live tweets in the thread

Sounds like the Judge is sick of this shit
I'm looking forward to reading the full transcript but so far the picture definitely seems to be "Judge continuously throws Beard a bone by asking softball questions and then Beard fucks them up repeatedly. Judge gives up"

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vic stans have been able to mobilize money so I don't think we should discount their size - unless there's some bored rich people who decided to imitate a bunch of donations - but there's a lot of things going on that may contribute to that.

- Vic himself built up a rabid fanbase by targeting emotionally vulnerable people and making them reliant on him
- Comicsgate and Gamergate already happened; this imported their followers and YouTubers
- 4chan started as an anime board and so chan culture is injected into anime culture as it is
- Kiwis have been brought in, and a lot of them are nihilistic fair-weather friends that will gladly turn on their allies when they get bored

If you look at comments on their Gofundme or whatever, you'll see a bunch of people tearfully talking about due process and how they think this poor man is being targeted and half of them are immediately followed by someone say "yeah gonna round me up some consluts". I didnt make up that word, by the way, it seems to be making the rounds on their camp.

On the money thing. I've seen some talk that Vic has the full backing of major convention organiser scumbags like Ryan Kopf and John Leigh, who have been helping him with finances supposedly (Kopf apparently paid for Vic's top secret last second location reveal NYC signing last month for one).

Could shit like that be a factor in how so much money was raised? I mean, I know there are a LOT of alt-right types bandwagoning the shit out of this farce who'd burn every penny they have if they thought it'd spite the SJDubyas on top of that, but it's worrying to think how Vic still has so much support in the shittier corners of the industry.

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Is there any legitimacy to these allegations by Chuck Huber (voice for Android 17)? He said in an affadivit that Chris Sabat called Vic homophobic slurs back in the day, and that Chris Sabat was exchanging lengthening the contract of female voice actors for sexual favors. The former voice actor for gohan/kid goku claims that Chris Sabat lashed out against her for refusing his advances.

Mod Edit: Inappropriate Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Is there any legitimacy to these allegations by Chuck Huber (voice for Android 17)? He said in an affadivit that Chris Sabat called Vic homophobic slurs back in the day, and that Chris Sabat was exchanging lengthening the contract of female voice actors for sexual favors. The former voice actor for gohan/kid goku claims that Chris Sabat lashed out against her for refusing his advances.

No, that's an alt-right website. Check out ANN's write-up on the Huber affidavit, wherein Sabat and anonymous FUNi employees weigh on his accusations.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

Bounding into Comics is an Alt-right geek site. Do not give it any consideration.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

I'll also point out that this affidavit was confirmed to be fraudulent and done without the person in question there, while removing a lot of parts.

Can't wait for season 2 when Vic and Chuck sue Ty Beard.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017