• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
This is that late game score that prevents the game from being too much of a blowout.

I checked that website btw. It's one of those "rate these people" sites where barely anyone leaves good scores. Last I saw, there were 4 ratings for the guy done in a span of 7 years, the latest being from an ISWVer earlier today.
If it's anything like RateMyProfessor it's mostly going to be salt.

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
This is that late game score that prevents the game from being too much of a blowout.

I checked that website btw. It's one of those "rate these people" sites where barely anyone leaves good scores. Last I saw, there were 4 ratings for the guy done in a span of 7 years, the latest being from an ISWVer earlier today.
If a judge ever ruled on civil or IP/business cases then of course they'd have poor reviews, those types of cases always make (at least) one of the parties mad.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
I know this transcript is missing things that the person couldn't hear but I want to believe this line is word for word what Beard said

Lol aye. I wan't to believe he has a tick where he just randomly inserts candy into sentences.

Your honor ... TOBLERONE ... that tweet is clearly defamatory.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
This guy brings up an interesting point:

Notary Tip: 3 Types Of Documents At High Risk For Fraud

High-Risk Documents
The following types of documents present a higher potential risk of fraud:
  • Estate documents are risky because they determine who gets the person's assets at death. Those who are left out look for ways to cash in — and go after a Notary who may have improperly notarized the signature.

Just, you know, throwing it out there.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
By the way. The existence of Nick's show and Vic's fandom were brought up to the judge months ago, with the judge even asking if he himself was on the show. So I'm thinking he's had plenty of time and even a personal reason to be check it out, and remember that Ty Beard has openly been talking about his strategies and misinterpretations of the law on Nick's show even recently.

I don't have time to look over the transcript right now so maybe it came up, but I'm thinking that it's entirely possible that the judge is "biased" in the sense that he's actually been following the case and has no reason to give Beard the benefit of the doubt on his filing when he's already heard him talking about them.

Last edited:

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
By the way. The existence of Nick's show and Vic's fandom were brought up to the judge months ago, with the judge even asking if he himself was on the show. So I'm thinking he's had plenty of time and even a personal reason to be check it out, and remember that Ty Beard has openly been talking about his strategies and misinterpretations of the law on Nick's show even recently.

I don't have time to look over the transcript right now so maybe it came up, but I'm thinking that it's entirely possible that the judge is "biased" in the sense that he's actually been following the case and has no reason to give Beard the benefit of the doubt on his filing when he's already heard him talking about them.

The judge was extremely nice to Ty and literally walked him through the entire thing.

Ty is the one that had nothing to show and couldn't make sense of his evidence.

And for the record it's not because "there was nothing to show" it's because Ty is that incompetent.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Do these idiots think the judge just goes into the courtroom without reviewing the case before hand at all?

It's not like going to the movies you morons, though, it was certainly a show.

MarzGurl

Jan 23, 2019
Long Beach, CA
Do these idiots think the judge just goes into the courtroom without reviewing the case before hand at all?

It's not like going to the movies you morons, though, it was certainly a show.
They think whatever they want to think to make them think this was in any way not the way the law should work. Many think he was influenced by an outside Twitter mob. From all the transcripts, he kinda sounded like he was not up to speed with any of that mess. Up until now, they were counting on this being such a slam dunk because this was a Republican judge in a Republican state. They were all screaming, "We'll see what the truth is when it gets to court!!!" Some were even saying they'd admit they were wrong if things didn't go their way. But that sure isn't what's happening now.

Oct 25, 2017
"What do you mean the judge read up on the case? Aren't judges supposed to be oblivious and keep changing sides?"
"This is what happens when you get all your legal knowledge from Ace Attorney".

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
By sober analysis he means he needs time to recover from drinking his problems away after that show yesterday.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017

giphy.gif

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Greg tweeted saying that the top secret super lawyer cabal (him and the other twitter lawyers) can't really justify paying for the transcripts, because they're over £1k in cost. He's going to set up a GoFundMe for it instead, any extra money the make will go to repay Shane Holmberg (who has been paying out of pocket for all those filings we've been reading!) and then left overs will be donated to RAINN.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Greg tweeted saying that the top secret super lawyer cabal (him and the other twitter lawyers) can't really justify paying for the transcripts, because they're over £1k in cost. He's going to set up a GoFundMe for it instead, any extra money the make will go to repay Shane Holmberg (who has been paying out of pocket for all those filings we've been reading!) and then left overs will be donated to RAINN.

Transparency on how money gets spent?

The nerve of them!
Man, this post has levels.
Really makes you think.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Up until now, they were counting on this being such a slam dunk because this was a Republican judge in a Republican state.
TCPA, the most broad and most aggressive Anti-Slapp statute in the country, was passed with over 2/3ers of votes by a Republican state Legislature in a Republican state, signed by a Republican governor in 2011. And defended as constitutional by a Republican State Supreme Court.

Like, it suddenly isn't valid today or something?

Mind you, HB 2730 tries to reign some stuff, but that doesn't apply here.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
That whole actual malice thing still hasn't sunk in.

Edit: OMG we really are dealing with the brightest minds of a generation here.

Let's also bear in mind that Vic's fanbase has already been brought up as a point against him in this case.

There are goldfish that learn faster than this.

Sanchoco

Dec 3, 2018
TCPA, the most broad and most aggressive Anti-Slapp statute in the country, was passed with over 2/3ers of votes by a Republican state Legislature in a Republican state, signed by a Republican governor in 2011. And defended as constitutional by a Republican State Supreme Court.

Like, it suddenly isn't valid today or something?

Mind you, HB 2730 tries to reign some stuff, but that doesn't apply here.

But this is Texas we're talking about! It's completely different here than anywhere else that have Anti-slapp laws! Let me cite an Australian case to prove my point!

Last edited:

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
There is legitimately someone trying to make an argument based on Ace Attorney in there.

I'm not saying I'm surprised, but I feel like it should be pointed out.

Oct 26, 2017
I hope Tarrant County shows you judges who places the real judgement. Your corruption is fleeting and your time is up.
You are biased bigoted pig and Vic has clear claims against FUNimation, Monica Rial and all those other fools.
My question is why would you help them?
Do they have something on you? Do you just have this natural biased against attractive men? Desperate for female attention that you'll forgo ethics and empathy?
Or does FUNimation have more reach then we think. If so they are tyrannical and by all means we have right to use force to subdue these tyrants.

From Facebook.

The bolded is especially concerning....