• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I hope that clip of Nick calling Judge Chupp incompetent and a liar and whatever makes it to Chupp's ears

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Thanks! (To you and MechaX and everyone else who helped explain this.) I'm glad to hear a lawyer committing fraud didn't get completely swept under the rug in the midst of all the other stupidity.

EDIT: Or maybe the judge just doesn't care at all?

Be careful with that tweet chain. The person posting is a Vic Stan and there is definitely some spin going on in it.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I shared that originally, as one of 2 links with notes on the case. Sorry, didn't check history. Will go spoiler that link.

Don't worry about it. I didn't really notice myself until I was reading a couple others and was noticing only HerExcellency kept making seem like the judge was annoyed at Lemoine especially.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
What a wonderful time to check the thread. The tears of the Vic stans are giving me life.

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
Don't worry about it. I didn't really notice myself until I was reading a couple others and was noticing only HerExcellency kept making seem like the judge was annoyed at Lemoine especially.
It is amusing that even as a Vic stan, that was the most generous interpretation for Vic's side they could give. Couple that with over a dozen "Judge was not satisfied by Beard's argument" in the tweet chain

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
This is far less interesting than the news, I guess, but I saw that Ty Beard has a Twitter and that one of his newest tweet is General Patton's prayer. Since he's supposed to be a military history buff and strategic genius I waw curious as to what other military history he talks about.

The only other real life military reference beyond nonspecific praise of the greatest generation was a Sun Tzu quote. "Know thy enemy, know thyself". This is the quote that's in Latin in his office, except he seems to have grabbed a bad translation online and so it doesn't actually mean anything.

So his actual knowledge of military history seems to be that guy they made a movie about and the guy whose book every jerk (myself included) owns. It's okay though because he has plenty of tweets like these:

With that said, I do believe that Percy is the Publius Quinctilius Varus of our time.

Last edited:

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Reading through @Lawofthegame Livetweets of the proceedings, I sense a pattern of hostility from Beard toward Judge Chupp. Interrupting him, not listening to him, etc.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Reading through @Lawofthegame Livetweets of the proceedings, I sense a pattern of hostility from Beard toward Judge Chupp. Interrupting him, not listening to him, etc.
Beard's generally had a very wannabe bully attitude where he talks big and tries to leverage other things to scare people, but can't take any punishment whatsoever and can't successfully intimidate people himself. Whether it's calling for online trolls to dox Greg Doucette after Beard proved that he can't hold his own in debating him, or trying to shout down a judge while simultaneously being too scared to speak to him clearly.

He also seems like he's a huge moron with his head too deep up his own ass to have any awareness of how his own poor attitude is affecting him, so that doesn't help.

Last edited:

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017
Be careful with that tweet chain. The person posting is a Vic Stan and there is definitely some spin going on in it.

Oh, that's a Vic stan? Their account of the trial was linked to and praised by Mike Dunford.

Well, I guess it shows that at least some of the stans understand how terrible their arguments were.

Lonewolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Beard's generally had a very wannabe bully attitude where he talks big and tries to leverage other things to scare people, but can't take any punishment whatsoever and can't successfully intimidate people himself. Whether it's calling for online trolls to dox Greg Doucette after Beard proved that he can't hold his own in debating him, or trying to shout down a judge while simultaneously being too scared to speak to him clearly.

He also seems like he's a huge moron with his head too deep up his own ass to have any awareness of how his own poor attitude is affecting him, so that doesn't help.

Funny thing, they had Hsu, Bullock, and Christie all on hand but they all sat back and let Beard make a complete fool of himself repeatedly in front of the judge and everyone. Guess they just wanted those billed hours on ISWV GoFundMe's dime?

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
screenshot_20190906-2jrjb0.jpg

"Decades-long conspiracy". Man, this is some pathetic shit.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
if you believe that literally every experiment that demonstrated the curvature of the earth except for one that still proves the flat earth when errors are taken into account, then buddy

Lonewolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Pretty sure that's sarcasm, what with the "landlocked lot in Oklahoma" at the end.

Oct 26, 2017
LOL I missed all the fun.

So Vic mostly lost his bullshit case and Rekieta and Beard are exposed as the grifting clowns that they are?

LMAO. I love the schadenfraude of "Told you so!".

Feb 13, 2018
Japan

So Vic mostly lost his bullshit case and Rekieta and Beard are exposed as the grifting clowns that they are?

The first? Yes. The second? Not in the eyes of their followers. They're waiting for Nick to explain why everything is okay. (They don't believe judges or other lawyers, he's the only one that knows the law well enough)

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
So I decided to go with what Greg said and factored in what Jamie might have been paying for her lawyer. So just her... Vic is responsible for.

$144,000 assuming $300 an hour 40 hours a week for 3 months.

Just for Jamie.

Since Funimation and Monica/Ron had 50% of their cases dismissed already that brings this probably very conservative estimate to:

$288,000 so far before sanctions.

And some have pointed out that they doubt these lawyers are charging ONLY $300 an hour.

Oct 25, 2017

I can't wait for the people perpetually screaming "wHeRe's ThE EvIdEnCe?" do a complete 180 on how the judge is secretly a Funimation plant meant to sabotage Vic's career.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Just proving that this is more of a Culture War thing than any sort of actual concern.

I'll be kind and say that most of the women who are probably supporting him, are either extreme conservatives, or just think Vic is entirely dreamy and would never kick him out of bed, so anyone who would reject him is a liar.

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017
So I decided to go with what Greg said and factored in what Jamie might have been paying for her lawyer. So just her... Vic is responsible for.

$144,000 assuming $300 an hour 40 hours a week for 3 months.

Just for Jamie.

Since Funimation and Monica/Ron had 50% of their cases dismissed already that brings this probably very conservative estimate to:

$288,000 so far before sanctions.

And some have pointed out that they doubt these lawyers are charging ONLY $300 an hour.

Mike Dunford has been breaking down the potential fees, and comes at an estimate of around $50K for Jamie's lawyer, but something pretty close to your total for the three cases. Interesting read for anyone curious about the topic:

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lets take their analogy to the logcial conculsion.... Vic ends up fried by cosmic power, Nick ends up old and retired, and Beard I guess a overweight drunk playing fort nite?
They'd stoop so low by their standards to liken themselves to a group of superheros that includes Brie Larson's Captain Marvel? By women-hating outrage groups, that sounds desperate.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Judge: "Ok, where is your defamation evidence?"

Ty beard: "Well judge...what had happened was..."

Judge: "Ok so you have nothing, case dismissed."

Mother fucker sounds like he trying to tell his teacher the dog ate his homework.

Edit: Dude straight up told the judge he wasn't listening and kept trying to bring up dismissed cases. The twitter lawyers were right this beard guy is a fucking idiot.

Last edited:

PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017

This is that late game score that prevents the game from being too much of a blowout.

I checked that website btw. It's one of those "rate these people" sites where barely anyone leaves good scores. Last I saw, there were 4 ratings for the guy done in a span of 7 years, the latest being from an ISWVer earlier today.