• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Like, the subpoena thing is very, very atypical (because I highly doubt Vic himself was even needed for the hearing, but then this week's shitshow events happened).

What I am more baffled about is why in the fuck didn't Percy draft a quick Motion to Quash literally as soon as he was served with the goddamn thing. If he's out of the country during a hearing that he was not necessarily planning on attending, I'd imagine that most Judges would Quash that under the circumstances. Drafting a motion like this would literally take 15-30 minutes tops.

What in the fuck is Vic's legal team doing over here

Edit: Lol there we go

Edit 2: Uh... attorney-client privilege is his defense and not notice and necessity of appearance? uh... they might get Vic himself off the hook but that's not going to magically make the defense counsel stop asking you about the notary situation

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
Edit 2: Uh... attorney-client privilege is his defense and not notice and necessity of appearance? uh... they might get Vic himself off the hook but that's not going to magically make the defense counsel stop asking you about the notary situation

They are dumb fuck moronic going straight for attorney-client privilege. All they had to do was say he was in Burbank, and he was served the night before. Either way, the motion suspends the subpoena. Why would he put something so ridiculously suspicious in the motion to quash?!?

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
They are dumb fuck moronic going straight for attorney-client privilege. All they had to do was say he was in Burbank, and he was served the night before. Either way, the motion suspends the subpoena. Why would he put something so ridiculously suspicious in the motion to quash?!?

Like, I could kinda maybe give them a pass if they included those arguments and threw in attorney-client privilege as something to throw in to see if it sticks

but like

that is their primary argument

which will cause a situation where there's going to be more questions asked than if he just went with the travel stuff from the word go

why would you create more work for yourself and more ambiguity in something so fucking simple

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
Like, I could kinda maybe give them a pass if they included those arguments and threw in attorney-client privilege as something to throw in to see if it sticks

but like

which will cause a situation where there's going to be more questions asked than if he just went with the travel stuff from the word go

why would you create more work for yourself and more ambiguity in something so fucking simple

This is what happens when a non-litigator tries to be one loool

Idk why he keeps doubling down

Katten

Oct 27, 2017

but like

I understand what you are saying, but would the order really matter?

This is something that will get pursued. The notary stuff and the falsified signature stuff.

I am not a lawyer, but I will nonetheless assume that no one will forget either.

Edit: Oh fuck, they figured it out.

Last edited:

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Saying it's not impossible for Vic to win is a little like saying it's not impossible to get struck by lightning while holding your the winning lottery tickets. You're right, but that doesn't mean you should care.

As an aside, seeing all of these forms that end in "prayer" just make me imagine that one will just be Ty Beard asking God for a miracle.

Last edited:

Xenotome

Aug 31, 2019
Apparently the new line of thinking is that the DM to Stephanie is fake and everything she's been liking on Twitter is truth. Except... why hasn't she actually SAID anything herself when she's very outwardly (allegedly) pro vic/anti Funi (currently, when this stuff was posted in January if she had the account then she was very anti Vic)? Why did they rely on Chuck's boondoggle of a statement as opposed to someone who is allegedly in their pocket and the person being spoken about? It's all incredibly odd if that was truly Stephanie... but whatever, they can attempt to twist it anyway they'd like it's still going to be a laugh riot tomorrow.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Apparently the new line of thinking is that the DM to Stephanie is fake and everything she's been liking on Twitter is truth. Except... why hasn't she actually SAID anything herself when she's very outwardly (allegedly) pro vic/anti Funi (currently, when this stuff was posted in January if she had the account then she was very anti Vic)? Why did they rely on Chuck's boondoggle of a statement as opposed to someone who is allegedly in their pocket and the person being spoken about? It's all incredibly odd if that was truly Stephanie... but whatever, they can attempt to twist it anyway they'd like it's still going to be a laugh riot tomorrow.

To be fair, Monica Rial's gone on Twitter to comment on the Stephanie thing and while she's sticking to the hacking story as well, she's noted there's no actually confirmation the DM picture is real.

Xenotome

Aug 31, 2019
To be fair, Monica Rial's gone on Twitter to comment on the Stephanie thing and while she's sticking to the hacking story as well, she's noted there's no actually confirmation the DM picture is real.

Oh no, I believe she was hacked because of how silent the account has been of her own words and how stark contrast she was in January with her likes. I'm actually thinking she hasn't had control of this account in QUITE some time because there are quite a few racists likes in her like list that starting around 2016 and those funky ass "I haven't been on Twitter in ages! How do I use this thing?" Like every 6 months to a year and now all of a sudden she's been liking things consistently since the middle of August and has nothing to say.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Everyone! Just when you thought, "Hey its just about 12 hours until the hearing. Nothing new for a while."

We give you the Astounding Beard

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone! Just when you thought, "Hey its just about 12 hours until the hearing. Nothing new for a while."

source.gif

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I realize I made a diarrhea joke earlier, but can I make another one considering the rate at which Beard is dropping these turds?

Xenotome

Aug 31, 2019

The balls it takes to accuse someone of tardiness when your ass had a month extension, still filed in late, and it looked like a 5th grader put to together. Which you then withdrew and reposted... twice was it? With changes. The fucking gall...

Katten

Oct 27, 2017

Tomorrow will have either:

1. Some key person not showing up.
2. Someone claiming some crazy "voices aren't legal in texas" non existing law.
3. Someone saying "objection" thinking it is useful.
4. Someone not entirely sure when to stand up.
5. Someone who does not know how zippers work.
6. Some case being delayed because last week was just WAY too insane and all this shit can't be covered in an hour.

I am gonna go with 6.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm seriously blown away at how the level of incompetence is *still* escalating at this point. Copy+pasting, then photoshopping in "tor" to Vic's signature with a fucking font is so far beyond galaxy brain, I don't even know what to say. Percy's so fucked. Vic's so fucked. They deserve each other.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Filing an amended motion to strike that is 95% similar to a previous motion that was already overruled by the judge, within 24 hours of a hearing is some next level shit

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Filing an amended motion to strike that is 95% similar to a previous motion that was already overruled by the judge, within 24 hours of a hearing is some next level shit

What if the next big legal trend is to approach law like you're savescumming your way through a Sierra game.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Nah he reloaded during the text parser Era of Serria and replaced "File bad motion" with "File annoying motion"

The game thought he meant the same thing.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Nah he reloaded during the text parser Era of Serria and replaced "File bad motion" with "File annoying motion"

The game thought he meant the same thing.
The text parser would explain the late filing perfectly. He would have done it on time, but he wanted to see how it would respond to "jerk off" first.

Kasumin

Nov 19, 2017
It's okay, in the literal months since this case started and I've been quietly watching, I literally don't understand Beard either, and never will.

My theory is white male privilege and bluster has worked for him up to this point, to the extent that he can't even fathom why that approach wouldn't work for him in this case. Litigation can't be that hard, amirite? /s

I think that applies to Nick and Vic as well. The former is apparently a trust fund baby, and the latter had managed to get away with sexually harassing women for 3 decades, at least.

All of their actions make a bit more sense when you look at them through the frame of these three not thinking their actions have consequences that will come back to bite them.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Honestly it's been a privilege to watch a real life Bialystock and Bloom situation.

A pair (pick your favorite ship: Nick/Vic Beard/Nick Vic/Beard) that think they could basically write there own check with this lawsuit as long as no one noticed... And it was noticed.

Who runs off to Rio in this metaphor?

Eraser Head

Aug 22, 2019
Oregon
*looks at Funimation's latest tweets*
*makes mistake of looking at replies* Still the same Vicstans pushing the same narratives. Sabat is evil, Rial is evil, her husband is evil, Nadolny did nothing wrong. It's like they're all pre-programmed to spout the same talking points.

Odd how they call other people NPCs, when they repeat the same talking points over and over again and sometimes it's stuff they're repeating from other people. So they're not even being original about their talking points.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I think this post was the fault of my cat reaching the keyboard. It is still more understandable than Beard filing a motion arguing the defense doesn't respect deadlines, geez

Last edited:

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I still can't believe dude filed an amended motion that opens with the argument that all the defense's filings have been past deadline.