• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

iWannaHat

Jul 1, 2019
Really want (he needs) Vic to lose, but I kind of hate people like this Doucette guy. They know what this world is about these days, and just try to compress all the information they can into headline-like format and make it seem so simple when often times it's not. Get a shit ton of people hanging on their every word and hype everyone up one way or the other. Get people believing that there's NO WAY Vic could lose an all this shit because he knows that's what people want to hear (unfortunately it's certainly possible he could still win). All to just to attempt boost his status.

He knows that in the end, if Vic loses he'll look like a god. If Vic wins, then fucking whatever on his part. The people that want to ditch him can and he'll be able to move on while still grabbing fame out of it. He's just a byproduct of the way things work these days I guess. I just hate a lot about the way things work these days.

Also he's a conservative, so fuck him. Don't give a fuck if he's a never Trump. If you still stand by the GOP in any way at these point, you're a fucking piece of shit.
Lolwut? Anyone with half a brain will tell you Vic will lose this case. Doubly so if they have any legal training and can see what a trainwreck this case is. The only way Vic could have not lost this case was to have not to filed it in the first place.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lolwut? Anyone with half a brain will tell you Vic will lose this case. Doubly so if they have any legal training and can see what a trainwreck this case is. The only way Vic could have not lost this case was to have not to filed it in the first place.

Anyone with half a brain would tell you Clinton was going to beat Trump.

I'm just saying. To say it's impossible for him to win this is foolish. That's what people like this Doucette guy wants to make sure he drills into people's brain. Because that's what people want to hear.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Really want (he needs) Vic to lose, but I kind of hate people like this Doucette guy. They know what this world is about these days, and just try to compress all the information they can into headline-like format and make it seem so simple when often times it's not. Get a shit ton of people hanging on their every word and hype everyone up one way or the other. Get people believing that there's NO WAY Vic could lose an all this shit because he knows that's what people want to hear (unfortunately it's certainly possible he could still win). All to just to attempt boost his status.

He knows that in the end, if Vic loses he'll look like a god. If Vic wins, then fucking whatever on his part. The people that want to ditch him can and he'll be able to move on while still grabbing fame out of it. He's just a byproduct of the way things work these days I guess. I just hate a lot about the way things work these days.

Also he's a conservative, so fuck him. Don't give a fuck if he's a "never Trump". If you still stand by the GOP in pretty much any way at this point, you're a fucking piece of shit.
he's actually disavowed himself from the GOP

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Forging your own client's signature is a level of stupid I didn't think was possible.

Credit where credit is due though, that Ty is stilling finding new, inventive ways to bury himself like 6 months into this trial is actually impressive.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe this clownshow is still going. I've only been followingly lightly, but decided to stop and just wait for it all to resolve and see the whole thing at once. I feel like that was ten thousand years ago. How is it still going? How do we keep getting new fuck ups?
I think it comes down to two things.

1: Beard and friends are seriously incompetent (although they might not be unique in that regard, I'm sure there are some lawyers out there who are stupider).

2: Vicstans attracted the attention of all the competent lawyers who happen to hang out on Twitter (particularly Greg, who was willing to become the focal point), by attacking them for not conforming to the Vicstan's view that Beard and friends are super-legal-geniuses, who know more about the law than any other lawyers do.

Like, if all the lawyers on Twitter weren't constantly laughing at Beard's fuckups (and crimes), his fuckups (and crimes) would be getting buried in a bunch of dry legal procedure that nobody understands. Lawyers wouldn't be laughing at him and taking the time to explain things to the rest of us. And if Beard wasn't fucking up (and doing crimes) so bad, people wouldn't have anything to laugh about. It's a perfect storm of stupid. Like, if Vicstans had just let people have a laugh about that "literal piece of shit" line, they wouldn't be the laughingstock that they are right now.

According to Huber's affidavit, Gen Fukanaga (Funimation's former CEO, and one of Vic's only friends) warned Vic that his lawsuit would be immediately shot down with anti-SLAPP (because it's so obvious that Vic is just trying to abuse the legal system to silence his critics, that even a reasonably savvy non-lawyer can see it), but Vic didn't listen and went forward with his LOLsuit anyways.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017

I'm just saying. To say it's impossible for him to win this is foolish. That's what people like this Doucette guy wants to make sure he drills into people's brain. Because that's what people want to hear.
This isn't an election. By any and all measurable ways, this case is a trainwreck on Vic's part that had zero change of winning from the start, at least when Funi & the rest hired capable defense lawyers instead of someone on Beard's incompetence level..

Vic COULD HAVE maybe done another kind of law suite that didn't go for the defamation angle that he might have been able to win but this case that we have here was never winnable for him. He's a public figure with demonstrably bad reputation among certain anime circles as a touchy-feely creep. There's nothing to defame here anymore and by all witness statements & proof, none of this was done out of malice or the defendants demonstrably, knowingly lying about events. This ignoring that Vic actually ADMITTED TO a lot of the shit he has done before all the grifters and alt-right Nazi cheerleaders latched onto this shitshow.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017

Whether you like Greg's style or not isn't really relevant. There have been some 60+ lawyers commenting on the case by now.

And while yes, there is a snowballs chance in hell he can win, the big problem here is that the case is in a state with the some of the strongest anti-slapp laws in America. Vic was turned down with the first lawyers he approached because it was an unwinnable case. He then decided to ignore all good advice and go with Mr. Not-Literal-Feces.

Oh and someone is gonna be asking Vic if he was at Mr. Not-Literal-Feces offices signing things on the 30th, tomorrow:

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
he's actually disavowed himself from the GOP

And how do you know this? If that's the case, why doesn't he remove that from his Twitter bio then? With the amount this dude tweets, would take about half a minute to update that to moderate or anything else.

Sure seems like something he could just say to make sure he keeps moderates/Dems clicking on him because he knows they'll primarily be the the anti-Vic crowd, but still keep that he's conservative in his bio to ride that middle ground nicely and still know deep down he may still vote with the GOP.

As Boogie would say, the middle's a great place to be!! Right guys?!?!

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
And how do you know this? If that's the case, why doesn't he remove that from his Twitter bio then? With the amount this dude tweets, would take about half a minute to update that to moderate or anything else.

Sure seems like something he could just say to make sure he keeps moderates/Dems clicking on him because he knows they'll primarily be the the anti-Vic crowd, but still keep that he's conservative in his bio to ride that middle ground nicely and still know deep down he may still vote with the GOP.

It says he is #nevertrump, conservative. Where does it say he is GOP?

Tomorrow will be intersting for sure.

Oct 25, 2017
*looks at Funimation's latest tweets*
*makes mistake of looking at replies* Still the same Vicstans pushing the same narratives. Sabat is evil, Rial is evil, her husband is evil, Nadolny did nothing wrong. It's like they're all pre-programmed to spout the same talking points.

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, wait, wait. The plaintiff was just subpoenaed to appear at his own trial?

Is that... a thing that happens?!

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
I completely misunderstood/fucked up. Putting OG Post in spoiler to not confuse further.

Holy shit. Now one of Beard's "amazons" isn't having any more of this shit.

THIS TRAIN WRECK JUST WILL NOT STOP!

Last edited:

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017

Conservative doesn't mean republican you know, I've actually followed him a bit since he started tweeting about this stuff and Greg seems fairly socially progressive at least for someone who identifies as 'conservative', for example unlike most republicans you'll run into he fully acknowledges how stacked against minorities the justice system is. From what I can tell Greg is 'conservative' in the sense that he doesn't like it when the government is too involved with people's daily lives in his opinion.

Of course I'm not here to defend modern day republicans because fuck them, but from what I've seen of Greg he's really not like that.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, wait, wait. The plaintiff was just subpoenaed to appear at his own trial?

Is that... a thing that happens?!

Think that is about making sure Beard doesn't convince Vic to stay away to temporarily save his own hide. Defense wants to know if he was there in the office signing the document with Beard notarizing.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It says he is #nevertrump, conservative. Where does it say he is GOP?

Tomorrow will be intersting for sure.

If you're a conservative, your ideals align with the GOP than any other political party. That's it. Saying "I still like and support all the conservative stuff but I'd prefer that their leader didn't attempt to sexually assault women" does not make you any better than any other Republican. Maybe a few years ago there was some more wiggle room, but if you're still flying that flag now, hell fucking no.

Anyway, I appreciate the information shared to me regarding the case. I still don't really appreciate this Doucette guy, and 100% stand by that fact that it's an extremely foolish stance to take that it's impossible for Vic to win this case. If you wanna say it's a 98% chance that he's gonna lose then sure I'll take that. But to say that it's 100% is just infuriating. You have to always be on your guard and always ready to fight to the end against some of these pieces of shit. Especially in these times.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2017

Dude, what? Look like a god? The weaknesses in Vic's case were apparent to basically anyone with a working understanding of tort law in the US. Greg is the loudest, but basically every practitioner who's been following this has pointed out the many deficiencies in Vic's case

Hell, Greg himself has posted a few times that the primary reason he keeps posting about this in a really adversarial manner is to tank the trolls take the heat off the women who are being targeted, a fact which has been affirmed by at least one of the defendents

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
@Emm_Initiative is having way too much fun with this.

EDupZOCWwAMW8JA.jpg:large

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, I appreciate the information shared to me regarding the case. I still don't really appreciate this Doucette guy, and 100% stand by that fact that it's an extremely foolish stance to take that it's impossible for Vic to win this case. If you wanna say it's a 98% chance that he's gonna lose then sure I'll take that. But to say that it's 100% is just infuriating. You have to always be on your guard and always ready to fight to the end against some of these pieces of shit. Especially in these times.
Doucette posts the way he does intentionally because it makes him the primary target for the Vicstans and gets them to spend more time attacking him rather than harassing Vic's victims. I think you're reading an intent that isn't there.

Atreides42

Apr 18, 2018

If you're a conservative, your ideals align with the GOP than any other political party. That's it. Saying "I still like and support all the conservative stuff but I'd prefer that their leader didn't attempt to sexually assault women" does not make you any better than any other Republican. Maybe a few years ago there was some more wiggle room, but if you're still flying that flag now, hell fucking no.

I smell a concern troll.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
The only reason why Doucette has been in this for so long is because people keep doxxing/harassing him over this (and as said above, that keeps at least some of the heat off of the victims). He even made a tweet recently that he'd stop the whole Treadnought thing completely if the Vicstan idiots would stop @ing him on Twitter for 24 hours. They couldn't achieve that so he's still in with this whole thing.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dude, what? Look like a god? The weaknesses in Vic's case were apparent to basically anyone with a working understanding of tort law in the US. Greg is the loudest, but basically every practitioner who's been following this has pointed out the many deficiencies in Vic's case

Hell, Greg himself has posted a few times that the primary reason he keeps posting about this in a really adversarial manner is to tank the trolls take the heat off the women who are being targeted, a fact which has been affirmed by at least one of the defendents
Doucette posts the way he does intentionally because it makes him the primary target for the Vicstans and gets them to spend more time attacking him rather than harassing Vic's victims. I think you're reading an intent that isn't there.

Well good for him if he's actually taking some of the flak away from the victims and expending some of the Vicstan's energy.

I smell a concern troll.

Hahahahahahahahaha

Oh no because I have an opinion on a guy, a conservative no less, an also remind and present the TRUE FACT that it's not impossible for Vic to win this case no matter how small the chance, I'm a troll.

Get fucking real. A concern troll is not someone that simply states/argues something that you may not agree with inside of your bubble.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
The only reason why Doucette has been in this for so long is because people keep doxxing/harassing him over this (and as said above, that keeps at least some of the heat off of the victims). He even made a tweet recently that he'd stop the whole Treadnought thing completely if the Vicstan idiots would stop @ing him on Twitter for 24 hours. They couldn't achieve that so he's still in with this whole thing.

Last he mentioned it the record was 10 minutes. Average around 3.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Well good for him if he's actually taking some of the flak away from the victims and expending some of the Vicstan's energy.

Hahahahahahahahaha

Oh no because I have an opinion on a guy, a conservative no less, an also remind and present the TRUE FACT that it's not impossible for Vic to win this case no matter how small the chance, I'm a troll.

Get fucking real. A concern troll is not someone that simply states/argues something that you may not agree with inside of your bubble.
Again, it wasn't impossible for Vic to win SOME KIND OF CASE before this whole legal crapfest started.

It has pretty much always been impossible ever since they decided to go with this current angle, hire Beard and the defendants hired people who know what the fuck they are doing. Like, maybe there would be a sliver of a chance if the judge was a total idiot but so far he hasn't shown to be sympathetic to Vic at all.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Again, it wasn't impossible for Vic to win SOME KIND OF CASE before this whole legal crapfest started.

It has pretty much always been impossible ever since they decided to go with this current angle, hire Beard and the defendants hired people who know what the fuck they are doing. Like, maybe there would be a sliver of a chance if the judge was a total idiot but so far he hasn't shown to be sympathetic to Vic at all.

I understand it's a long shot and I'm happy to hear that. Maybe I was scarred too bad by the 2016 election among other things where horrible people continue to get away with bullshit on a daily basis, but it just really frustrates me when I hear people talk about situations like this as if there's absolutely no reason to worry, because there's absolutely no way it can go the wrong way. When in the end, that's simply not true, no matter how small the chance. And if it does go the wrong way, the repercussions will be massive. As with the election, among other things.

If anyone in here is somehow confusing or assuming that by me saying these things I somehow want Vic to win, you are gravely mistaken and I feel as though I certainly do not deserve that assumption. I'm just attempting to give my opinion on a guy that has been so prominent regarding all this, (which I have learned more about through replies, and he seems to have some good qualities that I may have overlooked. But I'm still entitled to my opinion), and try to remind people to stay on their toes no matter how good it looks.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I understand it's a long shot and I'm happy to hear that. Maybe I was scarred too bad by the 2016 election among other things where horrible people continue to get away with bullshit on a daily basis, but it just really frustrates me when I hear people talk about situations like this as if there's absolutely no reason to worry, because there's absolutely no way it can go the wrong way. When in the end, that's simple not true, no matter how small the chance. And if it does go the wrong way, the repercussions will be massive. As with the election, among other things.

If anyone in here is somehow confusing or assuming that by me saying these things I somehow want Vic to win, you are gravely mistaken and I feel as though I certainly do not deserve that assumption. I'm just attempting to give my opinion on a guy that has been so prominent regarding all this (which I have learned more about through replies, and he seems to have some good qualities that I may have overlooked. But I'm still entitled to my opinion), and try to remind people to stay on their toes no matter how good it looks.
Sure but, like I said in an earlier post, this isn't the elections. Generally even conservative assholes are somewhat decent at following the letter of the law, however much it pains them to do so, so unless the judge is a total dumb-dumb, one of those "but think about this good rapist white man's reputation & future" idiots or the defense so incompetent that they totally destroyed their own case (they aren't in this case), there's just very little to no reason to think this is going to go well for Vic at this point. Maybe in, like, April or May when we hadn't heard/read any of the wintesses' statements, there was some doubt as to how good of a case the defendants had but after the last 2-3 months, it's become more & more clear that this shit is going to be struck down.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Outside of the obvious, here is a reason why Vic was subpoenaed. He is apparently scheduled to be at a movie premiere tomorrow:

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
I go away for two hours. TWO HOURS. I go to play Astral Chain, I come back, and another turd has hit fan blades.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

So... he hasn't exactly said it's a 100% chance, overall. He's addressed various parts of the case (there's really not just "the case", there's a number of things being thrown at each of the multiple defendants) and it's basically that most of them are pretty much there, yeah.

I'd say you have to keep in mind that a lot of this isn't "will the judge actually interpret it this way when it's he said she said" level stuff. It's not even the fact that claiming they're defaming him is ridiculous to begin with when he's had a bad rep for an extremely long time. It's his lawyer literally not providing basic evidence of many of the claims at any point (things as basic as: a contract that exists that was interfered with), completely misunderstanding how various things work, Vic literally admitting to doing various things in his deposition, etc. etc. And that was before the late, horribly messy document in which his lawyer seemingly committed a crime. And it should be noted, that the defendants' lawyers are absolutely going in on this right now and have not been slacking at any point throughout this. I think this worry of yours is misplaced to begin with - this isn't an election, there's no need to worry about people not turning out when they actually needed to or something? But if the thought was that the defendants' lawyers weren't treating it seriously, there's no need to worry. They are absolutely on their guard and fighting hard.

He also explains this stuff in detail fwiw, with numerous other lawyers chiming in - actually, he was less optimistic than some of the others for a few of the claims. And, well, there's also the very important point this isn't actually about whether Vic wins, it's about whether the case isn't dismissed. We're nowhere near the point where Vic could win, we're at the point where it's about to be thrown out. All of this stuff is happening around filings for dismissal due to the lawsuit being frivolous, not an actual trial yet.

Some do the taunting of the Vic supporters can needlessly clog up the Twitter threads and get a little tiring, I can agree with that much. But as others have said, it's almost entirely to distract them from attacking victims. He is being constantly tweeted at by these people, which is effort they're not directing elsewhere. IIRC he also hasn't even really gained much of a following through this (or at least not a significant jump) either. So it's performative, sure, but not to the end you assumed.

EDIT: Also- I should say the reason people aren't treating you warmly is that you showed up and started being pretty hostile out of nowhere. Complaining about how much he tweets, etc. is also a thing Vic's supporters do constantly. So while I can see you're posting in good faith and are just worried about this stuff, I am not surprised that others questioned that at first.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Outside of the obvious, here is a reason why Vic was subpoenaed. He is apparently scheduled to be at a movie premiere tomorrow:

Fwiw, one of the other lawyers who's been commenting on this (and currently has their account private) is in the replies saying this probably can't be enforced due to the short time notice. Especially as Vic probably already flew out to a previously scheduled commitment.

So... proof that they're continuing to go very hard, but probably not going to have a result.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Fwiw, one of the other lawyers who's been commenting on this (and currently has their account private) is in the replies saying this probably can't be enforced due to the short time notice. Especially as Vic probably already flew out to a previously scheduled commitment.

So... proof that they're continuing to go very hard, but probably not going to have a result.

This hearing has been scheduled for a long time, though. And if I where Vic, it would have had a mark in my calendar. Probably with a bit higher importance than a movie premiere (he could potentially lose a LOT of fucking money on this, but on the other hand, it is not like it did him much good last time he was in a courtroom.)

Edit: Fucking bring it:

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017

It's interesting you have tried to derail this thread to involve the 'progressives vs moderates' fight that plagued political threads in the OT.

It's plainly obvious you don't know anything about this case or the law.

And all you keep doing is trying to link the outcome of this legal fight to the 2016 election?

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Regarding Mr Doucette. I will point out that when the threadnaught first started I did question whether or not following him was a good idea considering he does label himself a conservative even if of the #nevertrump variety.

I did a lot of looking and tweet mining to find out what sort of man he was. And he's definitely not perfect. But he seems to be more of a conservative in name only kind of guy. And has stated he is no longer a member of the republican party.

When not tweeting about Vic he's retweeting and commenting on stories about police abuses, political gerrymandering, curbing of freedoms on minority groups as well as making most of his practice defending "Street pharmacist" and "little guys."

He's a little too proud of his gun and firearm practice but seems reasonable.

He's not an ideal ally, but he's not horrible and in this case, is an ally. If come election time he starts staning for hard R's then I'll be happy to drop him

Now onto the shit show of tomorrow. Cannot wait!

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sure but, like I said in an earlier post, this isn't the elections. Generally even conservative assholes are somewhat decent at following the letter of the law, however much it pains them to do so, so unless the judge is a total dumb-dumb, one of those "but think about this good rapist white man's reputation & future" idiots or the defense so incompetent that they totally destroyed their own case (they aren't in this case), there's just very little to no reason to think this is going to go well for Vic at this point. Maybe in, like, April or May when we hadn't heard/read any of the wintesses' statements, there was some doubt as to how good of a case the defendants had but after the last 2-3 months, it's become more & more clear that this shit is going to be struck down.
So... he hasn't exactly said it's a 100% chance, overall. He's addressed various parts of the case (there's really not just "the case", there's a number of things being thrown at each of the multiple defendants) and it's basically that most of them are pretty much there, yeah.

I'd say you have to keep in mind that a lot of this isn't "will the judge actually interpret it this way when it's he said she said" level stuff. It's not even the fact that claiming they're defaming him is ridiculous to begin with when he's had a bad rep for an extremely long time. It's his lawyer literally not providing basic evidence of many of the claims at any point (things as basic as: a contract that exists that was interfered with), completely misunderstanding how various things work, Vic literally admitting to doing various things in his deposition, etc. etc. And that was before the late, horribly messy document in which his lawyer seemingly committed a crime. And it should be noted, that the defendants' lawyers are absolutely going in on this right now and have not been slacking at any point throughout this. I think this worry of yours is misplaced to begin with - this isn't an election, there's no need to worry about people not turning out when they actually needed to or something? But if the thought was that the defendants' lawyers weren't treating it seriously, there's no need to worry. They are absolutely on their guard and fighting hard.

He also explains this stuff in detail fwiw, with numerous other lawyers chiming in - actually, he was less optimistic than some of the others for a few of the claims. And, well, there's also the very important point this isn't actually about whether Vic wins, it's about whether the case isn't dismissed. We're nowhere near the point where Vic could win, we're at the point where it's about to be thrown out. All of this stuff is happening around filings for dismissal due to the lawsuit being frivolous, not an actual trial yet.

Some do the taunting of the Vic supporters can needlessly clog up the Twitter threads and get a little tiring, I can agree with that much. But as others have said, it's almost entirely to distract them from attacking victims. He is being constantly tweeted at by these people, which is effort they're not directing elsewhere. IIRC he also hasn't even really gained much of a following through this (or at least not a significant jump) either. So it's performative, sure, but not to the end you assumed.

EDIT: Also- I should say the reason people aren't treating you warmly is that you showed up and started being pretty hostile out of nowhere. Complaining about how much he tweets, etc. is also a thing Vic's supporters do constantly. So while I can see you're posting in good faith and are just worried about this stuff, I am not surprised that others questioned that at first.
Regarding Mr Doucette. I will point out that when the threadnaught first started I did question whether or not following him was a good idea considering he does label himself a conservative even if of the #nevertrump variety.

I did a lot of looking and tweet mining to find out what sort of man he was. And he's definitely not perfect. But he seems to be more of a conservative in name only kind of guy. And has stated he is no longer a member of the republican party.

When not tweeting about Vic he's retweeting and commenting on stories about police abuses, political gerrymandering, curbing of freedoms on minority groups as well as making most of his practice defending "Street pharmacist" and "little guys."

He's a little too proud of his gun and firearm practice but seems reasonable.

He's not an ideal ally, but he's not horrible and in this case, is an ally. If come election time he starts staning for hard R's then I'll be happy to drop him

Now onto the shit show of tomorrow. Cannot wait!

Appreciate the info on the case. And I dislike Twitter showman quite a bit, as in my experience they do more harm than good no matter what side they seem to be on. That's the reason why I came out swinging with my opinion on the Doucette guy. I'm happy to take these replies as learning more about him, as I didn't know much before. Still not a fan, but it's good to hear that he does seem to be doing some good.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
This hearing has been scheduled for a long time, though. And if I where Vic, it would have had a mark in my calendar. Probably with a bit higher importance than a movie premiere (he could potentially lose a LOT of fucking money on this, but on the other hand, it is not like it did him much good last time he was in a courtroom.)

I could totally be wrong, but I don't think it's necessarily expectated that he'd have to attend it, though? Potentially foolish to agree/commit to being elsewhere, sure, but it's not like it was just some personal plans conflicting.

and of course you maybe could take away from this something about how hands off he's been from his own legal issues throughout, but...

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
I could totally be wrong, but I don't think it's necessarily expectated that he'd have to attend it, though? Potentially foolish to agree/commit to being elsewhere, sure, but it's not like it was just some personal plans conflicting.

and of course you maybe could take away from this something about how hands off he's been from his own legal issues throughout, but...

I think you are right, much to my surprise. But I seriously don't understand why you wouldn't be.

Also: