• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MarzGurl

Jan 23, 2019
Long Beach, CA
So is Funimation sketchy as a whole? How credible are Chuck's accusations about Chris?
I'd say Funimation absolutely WAS sketchy before Sony stepped in. But it sounds like Sony takes things a lot more seriously now, and perhaps the environment has changed/is changing, and they're putting up with way less crap. They've already fired Vic, so more house cleaning might have been done/may be coming. Who knows? Pure speculation on my part.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
He also says that he never heard Marchi complain about any sexual assault or he would have heard something despite standing up for her in twitter.

EDXNAZ4W4AA4pPb

I really wish you would see the both side-ism when you see it and stop giving him time of day. He's just trying to muddy the waters so people will shut up about Vic.

...?

What do you think my position is? I said it isn't "both sides"-ism because he's dropped the pretense of supporting Monica, Jamie, and Ron and is straightforwardly supporting Vic now. He outright admitted that he is no longer sympathetic to the defendants.

As I said, him recognizing that Vic manipulates women makes it worse that he's taking the position he does now, because he's supporting Vic while making it clear that he knows better than to do that.

From the beginning, my position was that people should make up their own minds on Huber until we had more clarification. We had two statements that didn't really match up and some completely unrelated crap and were trying to extrapolate from that. Once the the affidavit came out, it neatly ties it all together and starts to showcase the pattern of behaviour. It's neatly eliminated the most favourable reading of him.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say Funimation absolutely WAS sketchy before Sony stepped in. But it sounds like Sony takes things a lot more seriously now, and perhaps the environment has changed/is changing, and they're putting up with way less crap. They've already fired Vic, so more house cleaning might have been done/may be coming. Who knows? Pure speculation on my part.
funimation's former owner is a pretty big piece of shit from what I've heard

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I've read this Chuck affidavit like 3 times now and each repeated reading it becomes more and more confusing as to why this was filed by the Plaintiffs and not the Defense. (I mean, outside of the fact that it contains hearsay and a bunch of stuff irrelevant to the case.)

I can't imagine Beard trying to claim every affidavit from Vic's victims is Hearsay and then filing Huber's one which is filled with actual literal hearsay is going to go over well with the Judge either. Beard may as well hold up a big sign going "I didn't even google what hearsay was, nevermind look up the rules on it."

Oct 25, 2017
...?

What do you think my position is? I said it isn't "both sides"-ism because he's dropped the pretense of supporting Monica, Jamie, and Ron and is straightforwardly supporting Vic now.

As I said, him recognizing that Vic manipulates women makes it worse that he's taking the position he does now, because he's supporting Vic while making it clear that he knows better than to do that.
Alright I'm glad you clarified. A mistake on my part.

funimation's former owner is a pretty big piece of shit from what I've heard
Indeed Gen Fukunaga had ties to Rick Sanatorium. I also don't think it's a coincidence they tried to fire Vic after he left.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gen_Fukunaga

Fukunaga is also the co-founder and manager of EchoLight Studios, a Texas-based Christian television production company ran by Rick Santorum. EchoLight initially shared office space with Fukunaga's Funimation.[6]

Originally Toei Animation told Funimation that they could not have the Dragon Ball series. However Fukunaga's uncle, Nagafumi Hori, was one of the producers for Toei and helped Fukunaga convince Toei Animation to give the licence to Funimation.[7] So Gen went to a coworker named Daniel Cocanougher whose family owned a feed mill in Decatur, Texas and convinced the Cocanougher family to sell their business and invest in creating a production company. With that, FUNimation Productions was established in 1994.[citation needed]

In 2005, Funimation was acquired by the Navarre Corporation for US$100.4 million, Fukunaga still remained the company's CEO. In 2011, the company was sold to a group of investors which included Fukunaga himself.[8] In 2017, Funimation was sold to Sony Pictures Television Networks for US$143 million.[9]

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I've read this Chuck affidavit like 3 times now and each repeated reading it becomes more and more confusing as to why this was filed by the Plaintiffs and not the Defense. (I mean, outside of the fact that it contains hearsay and a bunch of stuff irrelevant to the case.)
My guess is because the hearsay stuff is red meat for the base they're grifting. In the actual case, I have no doubt that it's going to be getting a lot of use by the defense.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Didn't Huber realize his statements make Vic look worse and confirm what everyone was saying? Why would he do this?

Last edited:

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of minor details, is this the first time that anyone made reference to Vic being a Trump supporter?

Xenotome

Aug 31, 2019
Speaking of minor details, is this the first time that anyone made reference to Vic being a Trump supporter?
That alone is enough of a countermeasure for people who throw up that video of Vic getting mad at the street preacher who was ranting about the evils of homosexuality. My friend doth protest too much.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Literally the only relevant piece of evidence the filing seems to add is the affidavit of Erica McCord but even that only contradicts one paragraph of one of the many pieces affadavitz provided by the defense. And it's unsworn but I dunno if that makes any difference?

On one hand I'm happy Greg Doucette is getting a couple of days free time where he doesn't need to deal with this shit. On the other hand I bet he would have answered this question already in the Threadnought if he was around 😢

Last edited:

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Huber realize his statements make Vic look worse and confirm what everyone was saying? Why would he do this?

He didn't just destroy Vic's case he also destroyed his own career and any goodwill he could have gotten with his previous public statements.

I know we're used to dumb but this level of dumb is unprecedented.

Unless they have bomb shells regarding sabat that they plan to "out" in the near future, Huber basically erased himself from relevancy and decency with one swift move. While confirming everybody knew Vic was a piece of shit for two decades which makes this case even more of a disaster. It does raise a question as to why nobody there did anything if they knew Vic was a danger though.

That's what Vic stans don't seem to understand, sure you may highlight that Funimation and people involved back then (and some now) are pieces of shit, IT WILL NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ABOUT VIC. Deflection at its finest.

But Chuck didn't just do that he destroyed himself, which honestly puzzles me.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
He didn't just destroy Vic's case he also destroyed his own career and any goodwill he could have gotten with his previous public statements.

Unless they have bomb shells regarding sabat that they plan to "out" in the near future, Huber basically erased himself from relevancy and decency with one swift move. While confirming everybody knew Vic was a piece of shit for two decades which makes this case even more of a disaster. It does raise a question as to why nobody there did anything if they knew Vic was a danger though.

That's what Vic stans don't seem to understand, sure you may highlight that Funimation and people involved back then (and some now) are pieces of shit, IT WILL NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ABOUT VIC. Deflection at its finest.

How is his career gone btw?

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

I think the saddest part is that Vic stans seem to think that the court of law works just like the court of public opinion; The lawsuit doesn't care about other people. They can expose anyone else they like as being a piece of shit. That doesn't make the legal suit against Vic go away in any capacity lol. Deflection means absolutely nothing here, but most of them are used to Twitter trolling as the highest form of argument they have to come up with.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

This is what I'm saying when I say that I don't think Huber's totally full of shit. He isn't so consistently and serving his own interests, so I think it should be looked at as a combination of an attempt to support Vic - all of that "I believe they're lying, I don't believe Vic would do this" is just the position he's chosen to take and should go right in the trash - and an honest account that is heavily warped through Huber's biases and victim complex.

I don't mean to present myself as authoritative here, but I jotted down some notes about details we got from his affidavit and tried to consider what reasons he might have had to lie about them.

- Huber was aware of Vic's infidelity. [Huber comes across as less innocent for this. Vic's admitted to this, so I don't think it affects his case at that point.]

- Huber was aware that Vic uses his position for sex. [Again, Huber comes across as less innocent. In this case, it straight up makes Vic look worse.]

- Vic being a sexual predator and pedophile has been discussed at Funimation for years. [This much isn't to Vic's favour at all, though Huber is trying to massage the statement and present it as groundless bullying.]

- Funimation had no sexual harassment policies or guidance. [This doesn't really protect Vic in any way, and in fact suggests at how his abusive behaviour was allowed to continue. Although again, Huber is trying to massage it and present the behaviour as acceptable.]

- Huber has himself hugged and kissed fans of various ages. [This is self-incriminating if anything, even if it was meant to make Vic's behaviour look normal by saying all of the VAs do it.]

- Huber drafted the sex addiction letter without being educated on the subject. [Maybe it's just to make it seem like he was simply ignorant and not intentionally trying to perform a coverup, but the explanation raises as many questions about why he did it, and why he's still clinging to mental illness explanations he doesn't know about.]

- Huber is personally afraid of Chris Sabat. [What does this have to do with anything? It could be that he's using this as part of building the narrative around Sabat being the real villain, but he's painted Vic and Vic alone as Sabat's target. He hasn't shown himself as receiving any abuse from Sabat to justify that fear. The only people he's shown as being afraid of Sabat are himself and Todd Haberkorn.]

- Huber was scared when Todd Haberkorn mentioned his career being threatened. [Even if he's trying to create the image of an atmosphere of fear and oppression, why would Huber attach himself to another potential rapist? He could have said everything else about Sabat and left this out.]

- Huber tried to talk to Gen Fukanaga to claim that Chris Sabat was trying to destroy his career and was ignored. [Again, why was this even brought up? Who does it serve? How was the idea that Sabat trying to destroy Huber's career even supported by the rest of the account?]

- Huber initially believed that Jamie and Monica had good intentions. [If he wanted to pretend to be an innocent middleman, why would he state this then flip to conspiracy theories? Why wouldn't he stick to the middleman act?]

- Huber was upset by Vic's infidelity. [This might be Huber trying to present himself as a good guy. There's no reason to believe he found this upsetting at all.]

- Other voice actors bullied Vic about things like making money at conventions and looking gay. [Considering that it's the core of conspiracy narrative, it's probably at least exaggerated if not an outright lie, and a certain amount of what he heard in reality is probably venting rooted in the inability to combat Vic's actual narcissistic and predator behaviour.]

- Huber was not aware of any sexual harassment incidents related to Vic. [He could be lying to make himself look clean, and in fact, he's referred to Vic using "shameful means" to obtain sex, so it's hard to reconcile him being aware of one and not recognizing the other.]

- Sabat uses his own position for sex. [Besides being irrelevant and serving the Sabat as villain narrative he's painting, he just chooses to buy this one rumour and not the ones that have been flying around about Vic for years. It also leads to the question of why he approaches this rumoured behaviour differently than when he's admitted that Vic does the same thing. Regardless of where it comes from, it's hard to believe that Huber can possibly approach have been approaching this in good faith considering the rest of what he said.]

- Vic Mignogna is a Trump supporter. [The only reason I can imagine that someone would lie about this is that they want other Trump supporters to take their side. This would be seen as a huge negative by tons of people.]

Last edited:

Doctor_Y

Avenger
Mar 14, 2019

It's something i never wanted to use as ammunition. But vics Mum is a proud "build the Wall" poster on Facebook. Or was when the whole thing started. So him being a trumpist was obvious.

But back then i thought mentioning his Mommy was out of line and so i left it out.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If there's any truth to the "casting couch" shit at Funi, I absolutely want to see it investigated and dug into... but at the same time, I'm gonna need a little more to go on than Chuck Huber's word for it.

I thought he was a wacky pos even before he signed his name to this baffling statement.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Remember that cringe ass "sabat rant" Nick had months ago ?

So that supposed dirt was supposedly what Chuck shared with them.

The funny thing is that he said "the second I can verify it, you are done".

Let's see.

This was 5 months ago.

Nick is top 3 biggest attention whores on the planet.

Yeah I'm thinking he got jack and shit. And jack left town.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
I know it's not actually a big deal, but man, characterizing Vic's horrible fashion sense as looking gay sure sounds like something only a straight person would think.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
If there's any truth to the "casting couch" shit at Funi, I absolutely want to see it investigated and dug into... but at the same time, I'm gonna need a little more to go on than Chuck Huber's word for it.

I thought he was a wacky pos even before he signed his name to this baffling statement.
Yeah, if it's true it should be looked into. But given the rest of Huber's affidavit appears to be him diving into paranoid conspiracy theories...I wouldn't put money on it having any basis in the real world.

Oct 25, 2017
Earlier in the thread it was mentioned that Huber is one of those Christian nutjobs that thinks Harry Potter will turn you into Satanists.
I wouldn't exactly trust that...

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Let's see.

This was 5 months ago.

Didnt have the chance to see it since I'm at work, but is this the video where it more or less came off as Nick blackmailing Sabat?

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's not actually a big deal, but man, characterizing Vic's horrible fashion sense as looking gay sure sounds like something only a straight person would think.

I'd have to look over them, but didn't a few of the affidavits (or otherwise stories about him) actually include mentions of him coming across as gay, only for them to realize that was just to make them let their guard down?

Which is to say if you're a straight man trying to fool straight women, I guess if your stereotypes line up...

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, would it mean that Sabat could in theory sue Nick for the release of those audio clips, if it does damage him in one way or another ? Since I'm assuming you could argue that was the material nick was referring to if Sabat didnt comply? Or would it be for Nick to say something like "Nah I wasn't threatening him with that" to have deniability?

Oct 25, 2017
So, would it mean that Sabat could in theory sue Nick for the release of those audio clips, if it does damage him in one way or another ? Since I'm assuming you could argue that was the material nick was referring to if Sabat didnt comply? Or would it be for Nick to say something like "Nah I wasn't threatening him with that" to have deniability?
I Imagine Sabat could counter sue if he truly wanted to.

I'm no lawyer though.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I mean, if Vic was a Trump supporter even up to 2018/2019...
Then yes, inherently, as a Trump supporter in this year, yes he is homophobic, yes he is antisemitic, and yes he is sexist. And racist, transphobic, and nationalist to boot. And it's not a leap to assume, too, given he's a Trump fan and Trump's whole "grab 'em by the pussy" spiel, that he as a result doesn't fucking understand boundaries and the rights women have to their personal space and their bodies until they give you a clear and uncoaxed statement of consent.

Like, this alone should immediately reveal anyone still supporting him at this moment as being a shithead.

No, this doesn't have any meaning in terms of the court case. But in terms of public perception I really hope it opens people's eyes. Then again, more egregious things than supporting a politician have been overlooked, so I don't know.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Mike Dunford is livetweeting his reading of the second half of the filing. He's almost done now.

Something I didn't realise that someone mentioned in the replies to it, the Defendants apparently get to file a response to this tomorrow according to their agreement they made to have it filed 7 days before the court day, so there'll probably be more stuff to read tomorrow. Expect a lot of "You should throw this piece of shit out because he doesn't cite the record for almost the entire thing and his arguments don't have any basis in law."

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
The more I read this the more I am just floored that a Vic supporter can look at this motion, and be like "he has this in the bag!"

Regardless of the merits of his case, his counsel literally filed something (out of time) that would be a literal insta-fail in a 1L Legal Writing course. Like how in the fuck do you just forget to actually finish exhibit cites over 30 times in an official filing? That's the kind of shit that

1) will drastically erode the reputation of whatever firm you work with in a field where a firm lives or dies through word of mouth;
2) will erode your reputation in the eyes of the local bar because it makes you appear to be incompetent at practicing law
3) will only hurt your client because you have absolutely failed to point out to the Judge the evidence that supports your proposition (and no Judge is going to fucking scour the record to try to see what you might have meant)
4) will only hurt your client because you've managed to submit evidence that supports the defense
5) will probably open your ass up to some bar complaints

I have legit seen unrepresented, pro se defendants file more competent motions than Ty Beard in my practice, and that is just sad because regardless of what I think of Vic, this man is getting fucking grifted with this representation

Eraser Head

Aug 22, 2019
Oregon

Let's see.

This was 5 months ago.

Nick is a leech who attaches himself to any far-right/alt-right figure who in trouble legally (or when they decide to sue someone) so he can get clicks and ad-revenue from doing faux-outrage videos (he doesn't care about these people, except for the fact that they can provide money for him so he can promptly go out and spend it on more alcohol). He's done it with Cody Wilson (the 3D gun printer guy and Hatreon founder, who got arrested for sexually assaulting a minor and attempted to flee to Taiwan), the Honey Badger Brigade (a Canadian female MRA group that attempted to sue the Calgary Expo after they were kicked out when it was discovered that their booth promoted gamergate), Richard C. Meyer (comicsgate founder who's attempting to sue Mark Waid for tortious interference and defamation), and currently Vic Mignogna.

My god, he wants to sound intimidating and to seem like a serious threat to the people he opposes. But his voice instantly destroys any attempt at that and I get the feeling he's probably short in stature as well. If anyone he's bad mouthed in the past decides that they're tired of his crap and decides to throw down with him, Nick would immediately piss his pants and runaway calling them a "beta cuck" while trying to hide his fear that his face nearly met someone's fist. Also I know it's kind of bad to bring someone family into this discussion, but who want's to bet that his wife cheats on him constantly, because I highly doubt someone's significant other thinks their spouse is sexy for getting drunk and yelling at people he'll never meet or interact with on the internet.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
I have legit seen unrepresented, pro se defendants file more competent motions than Ty Beard in my practice, and that is just sad because regardless of what I think of Vic, this man is getting fucking grifted with this representation

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Beard and Rekieta have done far more to destroy Vic's reputation than any accuser could've possibly hoped to accomplish purely on their own ineptitude, let alone their overt vileness.

sonicmj1

Oct 25, 2017
As Mike Dunford pointed out in his look at the second half of this motion, Beard had one job with this filing: to show a basic case for each of Vic's claims by clear and convincing evidence. And yet, somehow, in the entire part of the motion dedicated to this very task, he does not make a single citation to the record of evidence in this case.

Like, look at this excerpt from the motion:

Where can I find evidence that Ron made any of these alleged statements, so I can see their wording? Where did Vic publicly deny these allegations? Where did Vic deny these allegations in his deposition or affidavit? Where did Ron say the basis for his claims? I have no goddamn idea. If I wanted to verify anything here, I would have to read through the entire court record (or probably, in this case, the 1100+ page .pdf) and hunt for it myself.

This is not the presentation of clear and specific evidence. No specific evidence is being shown. Absent citations, this is a series of conclusory statements. Unless the judge goes out of his way to make Ty's case for him, he cannot win.

There's no excuse for this. There is a pretty extensive record of evidence. Beard could footnote to exhibits with screenshots of Toye's tweets, or to specific pages or paragraphs from Vic's deposition and affidavit. He could show something to support his claims, even if that something wouldn't have been enough to prevail. Considering he had thirty days to produce this document, there's no reason it had to be like this.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
so I know it's kind of bad to bring someone family into this discussion, but who want's to bet that his wife cheats on him constantly, because I highly doubt someone's significant other thinks their spouse is sexy for getting drunk and yelling at people he'll never meet or interact with on the internet.
Can we not, please. You basically just called him a "beta cuck" using more words.

The guy is reprehensible no doubt but let's not do the same kind of bullshit the Alt-right and gaters do.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
What's the over-under on Beard giving us a video about how, unlike what those idiots on Twitter would have you believe, getting disbarred is actually a good thing? Do you think he'll tell us that actually it's good because the other guys can't use an affirmative defense like truth if the plaintiff's lawyer isn't a lawyer anymore.

I'd have to look over them, but didn't a few of the affidavits (or otherwise stories about him) actually include mentions of him coming across as gay, only for them to realize that was just to make them let their guard down?

Which is to say if you're a straight man trying to fool straight women, I guess if your stereotypes line up...
I don't recall it being mentioned in that context, although I could easily have just missed it. I noticed it came up a little while ago from one of his former friends - the guy posted some e-mails he received from Vic as evidence - who said one of their gay friends was convinced on first meeting Vic that Vic was a flirtatious gay man.

I have no idea what the significance of it is, but it has come up before somehow. Weirdly, both the cases I can remember involve a first encounter with Vic involving someone other than the speaker guessing that Vic's gay.

Eraser Head

Aug 22, 2019
Oregon
Can we not, please. You basically just called him a "beta cuck" using more words.

The guy is reprehensible no doubt but let's not do the same kind of bullshit the Alt-right and gaters do.

Sorry about that, I'll just stick with the fact that he is parasite and someone who wants to seem like he's a big dog, but in reality is one of those small dogs that barks at everything in an attempt to seem tough and ferocious.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Now that it's been brought up, I do distinctly recall the "I thought Vic was gay" in one of the affidavits. Kara Edwards, maybe?
Turns out it's actually in multiple affidavits. You're right in that it's in Kara Edwards':

2. I first met Victor Mignogna ("Mignogna") in 2008 at a convention called Animazement in Raleigh, North Carolina. The first time I met Mignogna I honestly thought he was gay.

But the larger comment is by Mary Reese:

4. Mignogna likes to make advances on females in their early 20's and younger. When I first met Mignogna, I actually thought he was gay based on his mannerisms, but soon learned that this was not the case, and I believe that is just an act to trick females to trust him more.

5. I have witnessed Mignogna change his voice and behavior depending on who he is speaking with. When he is talking to his fans, he changes his voice and demeanor to play one of the characters he voices or tries to sound feminine making himself seem non-threatening; however, when fans are not around, he changes his voice and personality to someone that is very different than what the fans see.

So when Chuck Huber was trying to paint Chris Sabat as a bully who keeps saying that Vic looks gay, it's possible that it's just part of calling out his predatory behaviours, like with several of the other things that Huber was framing as insults (e.g. calling him a pedophile).

Last edited:

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Mike Dunford is livetweeting his reading of the second half of the filing. He's almost done now.

Something I didn't realise that someone mentioned in the replies to it, the Defendants apparently get to file a response to this tomorrow according to their agreement they made to have it filed 7 days before the court day, so there'll probably be more stuff to read tomorrow. Expect a lot of "You should throw this piece of shit out because he doesn't cite the record for almost the entire thing and his arguments don't have any basis in law."

At this point I feel like a response shouldn't even be filed because what beard wrote was so garbage that writing a response will only give him another opportunity to take a hint and address some of the deficiencies in oral argument.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
At this point I feel like a response shouldn't even be filed because what beard wrote was so garbage that writing a response will only give him another opportunity to take a hint and address some of the deficiencies in oral argument.
I don't think that's a real worry, whereas a filed response let's them more easily complain to the judge about things like it being filed late and the possible perjury in Vic's affidavit.

Also Dunford pointed out a mistake that I don't think any of us in here noticed despite it being such a glaringly stupid one.

Ty signed the document as being from the day after the deadline lol

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think that's a real worry, whereas a filed response let's them more easily complain to the judge about things like it being filed late and the possible perjury in Vic's affidavit.

Also Dunford pointed out a mistake that I don't think any of us in here noticed despite it being such a glaringly stupid one.

Ty signed the document as being from the day after the deadline lol

The "absolutely not Greg" @fsck account also pointed out that according to the metadata, they were still editing it past the deadline:

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Tbf on that one, it seems the issue they had uploading was the file size, so the editing could just be to fix that.

True, true. But I still hope we get an account of the judges reaction to an unfinished document/dumpster fire edited past the deadline and filed effectively 4 days late.

My non lawtrained eyes thought it was hilarious enough during reading, but my god after finishing part 2 of @questauthoritys thread, this is truly one for the ages. Especially when looking back at Percys video appearences on Screechs show. I wonder when all is said and done, if Percy will feel any sort of embarrasment, or he will just step back into obscurity and count his wads of gfm cash.