• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So did Vic bully his way back into Kamehecon? I forget how it happened.
- Thanks to social media, there was finally widespread realization that Vic was a literal piece of shit, and people started cancelling his gigs.

- Kamehacon realized that he was shit (apparently due to social media), so they cancelled his appearance.

- Vic whined and screamed at Kamehacon about how they can't cancel his appearance, because he has a contract, and his lawyers told him that Kamehacon isn't allowed to cancel, and if they cancel he's going to sue them.

- Kamehacon can't afford lawyers, so they let the whiny baby back in.

- Some celebrities cancelled because they didn't want to be in the same building as Vic. Unlike Vic, Kamehacon did not threaten to sue any of these people. Other celebrities decided to just hold their nose and go to the convention.

- Vic then sued his enemies for (among other things) "contract interference", because they had interfered with his Kamehacon contract. Except neither Vic nor his lawyers know the meaning of "contract interference" (it's just a phrase they've heard while watching lawyer shows on TV), and Vic's contract was honored by Kamehacon after Vic demanded that they honor it, and there's no evidence that any of Vic's lawsuit-targets had anything to do with his Kamehacon contract.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
So yeah, remember that IndyWeek article Greg wrote? The comments are exactly what you'd expect.

Digging some of these new narratives --- Marchi and co. on the run from the police AND all their evidence had...has vanished.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Who's gonna play Vic in the movie adaptation?

Like you even need to ask.

TheBoys-1088x680.jpg

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
I somehow missed this little extra beard nugget:

He is certainly an expert in all things law and we should all listen and respect his law acumen.

Heh.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
You remember in early Yu-Gi-Oh! where the real life card game was only starting to get traction and the author was just making stuff up as he went along instead of keeping consistent with any real life set of rules?

That's tangential to the thread, I guess. Dunno why I thought of it, maybe just because it's about anime stuff, who knows

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
You remember in early Yu-Gi-Oh! where the real life card game was only starting to get traction and the author was just making stuff up as he went along instead of keeping consistent with any real life set of rules?

That's tangential to the thread, I guess. Dunno why I thought of it, maybe just because it's about anime stuff, who knows

While I entirely got what you did. It also did make me think of this.

So that is a win win

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States

Here's that Zero guy I was talking about earlier. Honestly he must hate dub VO's by this point after all he went through complaining about sub-elitists for the longest time.

He also does a lot of ad-hominem-ing towards peeps who talk back to him.

"KickVic is a hate group."
So says the guy whose profile literally used to say "I don't like people."

To think I used to follow this guy closely. I've completely lost faith in him

Last edited:

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Who is this guy? Just some random dude, or a YouTuber that profits off of anime, or something else?

At any rate, it's not surprising to notice the difference between an actor's real personality and their stage one. In fact, it's a good thing if that distance exists. There's a genuine risk of actors losing their sense of identity to their characters; look at Peter Sellers, who once responded to "Are you using your real voice right now?" with "I don't know."

But if you're treating it as more surprising that an actress has a real voice that came out in a deposition than that a self-styled youth minister admitted - with a smirk, no less - to cheating on his fiancee with prostitutes in his own deposition, then you're completely lacking in perspective. If you're doing it while spouting standard talking points like the jelly bean thing, then you're not an individual who forms their own thoughts on the matter, you're just another member of a misogynistic hate group lending them your mouth because your own brain isn't using it.

Killer Tofu

Feb 18, 2019
I stopped reading after the first few tweets... yeah like Vic didn't sound completely different from his usual high pitched, preachy voice in his depo. Way to reach. I know I sound vastly different talking to strangers vs loved ones.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Even Nick and Percy are starting to accept the case is a lost cause. This Zero guy's just another propaganda stirrer.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Watching the goalposts move from "Vic did NOTHING wrong and to insinuate otherwise is defamatory" -> "Okay, he did SOME things wrong but you're still defaming him" -> "So WHAT if he's a pedophile, calling him one is still defamation" has been quite the show.

I can only hope that some good comes out of this circus somehow, aside from the obvious long-overdue expulsion of Dick Lasagna from the VA scene. Beard and Blackface Dumbass are likely gonna walk away from this scot-free and with fully-lined pockets unfortunately; I've seen lawyers do far worse and get off with a mere slap on the wrist so I'm not gonna hold my breath for their disbarment or whatever.

If nothing else I hope Mignogna's victims get the closure and support they need following all this buffoonery; my heart goes out to each and every person who's has to endure nonstop harassment and toxicity for daring to speak out against a despicable man and his cult of personality.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible for Vic to be banned from events he that he goes to as a regular attendee? Just curious because he goes to Star Trek Las Vegas and I was thinking of going next year, but if his slimy ass is around I'd rather not.
Watching the goalposts move from "Vic did NOTHING wrong and to insinuate otherwise is defamatory" -> "Okay, he did SOME things wrong but you're still defaming him" -> "So WHAT if he's a pedophile, calling him one is still defamation" has been quite the show.

I can only hope that some good comes out of this circus somehow, aside from the obvious long-overdue expulsion of Dick Lasagna from the VA scene. Beard and Blackface Dumbass are likely gonna walk away from this scot-free and with fully-lined pockets unfortunately; I've seen lawyers do far worse and get off with a mere slap on the wrist so I'm not gonna hold my breath for their disbarment or whatever.

If nothing else I hope Mignogna's victims get the closure and support they need following all this buffoonery; my heart goes out to each and every person who's has to endure nonstop harassment and toxicity for daring to speak out against a despicable man and his cult of personality.
They won't get closure from this because at worst (for Vic)Vic is just going to have to pay a lot of legal fees for the opposition and then get to walk away.
At the very least they still have jobs and he doesn't.
I kinda hope the replacement VA for Broly is a bigger VA than Vic if only to rub it in his face.

Last edited:

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Already a triggered conVic in the comments for that picture didn't Mandy to know where her affidavit is.

They keep saying things like "pics or it didn't happen and then you give them a picture and they deny it anyways

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
I somehow missed this little extra beard nugget:

He is certainly an expert in all things law and we should all listen and respect his law acumen.

Heh.

What's absolutely tragic is that this is exactly the logic that was used by republicans to defend Brett Kavanaugh. "This person said they didn't recall X, that means they are saying that X didn't happen"

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
The threadnought's current banner image is actually a pretty good response to any of Vic's behaviour.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
What's happening in that video exactly?
It's a line read from a series called Ouran High School Host club. A series that in general is cute and funny but has a few odd lines such as that because the character Vic voices in the series is an over the top prince type.

full context of the scene from the anime

Not that context makes it any less creepy for Vic to be doing that line read with his young fans.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Went looking for context and hey, Ouran High School Host Club's page on Tvtropes has Vic's character under the "harsher in highsight" section now.

I'm a little curious to know if he was prompted because a lot of women do romanticize this sort of dominance/possessiveness stuff in writing so maybe it's a popular scene, but either way, he doesn't have to nearly put his mouth in her ear to reference it - it doesn't even match up to the body language in the clip, it's just him acting creepy because he's a pedo.

Like, I'm flashing back to a thing where David Hayter responded to a voice actress from Metal Gear Awesome with a relevant quote from that flash animation ("Hotness I wanna bang you"), but he did it while sitting at a desk several feet away, and then followed immediately with "actually, no, I'm married..."

Last edited: