• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
That is legit. Have seen it referred to a few times as Beard having "friends in high places".

Edit: Oh and there is an interesting thread being retweeted by Doucette atm. Starts with this tweet:

It's interesting but the TLDR is really just: They should have included emotional damages as part of the original suit as it's easier to prove and they need actual evidence. If they have evidence then they could win!

I appreciate him putting the effort in to really consider it though.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
It's interesting but the TLDR is really just: They should have included emotional damages as part of the original suit as it's easier to prove and they need actual evidence. If they have evidence then they could win!

I appreciate him putting the effort in to really consider it though.

Pretty much.

But it is an interesting and very "to the bones" read of the trial. Not that it changes anything at all.

And for chances at winning, we would have to time travel back to before the whole Jesus and feces thing happened.

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Also, apparently it's region-blocked in some places thanks to all the copyrighted stuff in it.
Only in Japan it seems.
unknown.png

Oct 28, 2017
Much of this is detailed in the last page already, but here it is straight from the horse's mouth because lol:

Lance Heiskell said:
1. He tricked me into borrowing the Alphonse statue - we just got it that week and I was so busy with everything else (70 hour weeks then). He said it was a prop for a project. I should have asked what was it was for.

2. Little did I know it was as going to be his nerd magnum opus and got THE ACTUAL VOICE ACTORS to be in his skit. It was a nightmare. Not sanctioned, but he got cons to show it. Internally, the decision was to ignore and disavow since it was an unlicensed work from a contractor.

3. I lived in dread when the director or any one from Aniplex was at a con that Vic attended and shown the video.

Alas, Aniplex did not reprimand us. I don't know why they didn't. If I was them, I would have.

So eventually Vic pleaded with me the upteenth time to ask permission to add it to the Shamballa movie limited edition set. Squeaky wheel finally got the oil and I sent an email to my Aniplex counterpart. Committee declined. End of story.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
The argle bargle barking in comments and every Twitter thread mentioning the Dallas Morning News article is amazing to behold. These people have no clue what helps their cause and what does not.

And their conversational skills are something else.

"VIC WILL BE FOUND INNOCENT!"

"You realize *he* filed the case, right?"

"Look over there! A pedophile!"

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
During one of Rekieta's many online commentaries, he explained his motives for pushing for the lawsuit: "The biggest one is I just don't like any of the defendants and I think they're terrible people and I want to see them ground into dust. Because when you lie to take away a man's livelihood you deserve to be ground into dust."
I adore that phrasing.

Overall a really solid article based in reality, so of course shitstains are upset over it.

anariel

Oct 27, 2017
No matter how many times I see that 'defamatory' picture, I have to physically stop myself from facepalming. It is so overwhelmingly stupid.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All these complaints about that article being "one-sided" due to BFL "not being contacted" for it

No you don't get it, it's not that he declined to comment is just that he forgot to comment, or maybe he was just too busy to release any sort of statement.

Because that certainly makes things way better on his side and totally don't make him look a even bigger idiot than he already is.

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
So according to that comments section Mari Iijima denied the allegations of Vic stalking her, but I can't find a source for that. Is that just based on her declining to comment or is there some actual source for that claim? I have a feeling I know the answer already, but I'm curious.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
So according to that comments section Mari Iijima denied the allegations of Vic stalking her, but I can't find a source for that. Is that just based on her declining to comment or is there some actual source for that claim? I have a feeling I know the answer already, but I'm curious.
If true, she probably just doesn't want to get dragged into all this bullshit because she doesn't want to be harassed by Vic stans.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, she only declined to comment. She hasn't denied anything.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Wait, what happened?
That was one of the few cons that allowed to continue as a guest star. There he and a lot of his entourage held a panel which was a stealth bashing of his accusers. It was covered in this thread before, but it hasn't gotten as much attention as other activities. Namely as the con is seemingly immune to scrutiny.

That was one of the few cons that allowed to continue as a guest star. There he and a lot of his entourage held a panel which was a stealth bashing of his accusers. It was covered in this thread before, but it hasn't gotten as much attention as other activities. Namely as the con is seemingly immune to scrutiny.
Pretty much like how the Trump rallies go. Drum up your support with false info and hate to push your platform up. However, in Vic case, that he doesn't have a platform to stand anymore and even less with how the trial is going.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
So now the conVics are trying to connect the El Paso shooter to Greg Doucette and other people. Sort of a disgusting Guilt by Association.

There proof? A screen shot from before the shooters twitter account was shut off they shows he follows Greg.

I swear every time I think they've gone the absolute lowest they possibly could go, they say "Hold my beer"

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I suddenly find myself fascinated by the criminal case Doucette was in court for yesterday. Thread:

Because yeah, anything is better than more of this never-ending misogynistic orgy.

Doctor_Y

Avenger
Mar 14, 2019
So now the conVics are trying to connect the El Paso shooter to Greg Doucette and other people. Sort of a disgusting Guilt by Association.

There proof? A screen shot from before the shooters twitter account was shut off they shows he follows Greg.

I swear every time I think they've gone the absolute lowest they possibly could go, they say "Hold my beer"

I know it's easy to lose the overview with the amount of shootings. They don't refer to the El Paso shooter but to the Dayton-shooter who apparently followed Greg, Popehat and a lot of so called "leftist" channels.

There are two possibilities.

1. The guy was "Larping" as a leftist online.

2. He was sincerely following these people, but was otherwise completely messed up.

From what information we have (which isn't a lot) we have to assume, that it's Nr. 2

While ISWV is a lot worse in that regard, we have to accept that there are some obsessed lunatics on the KV-side as well. Would anybody really be surprised if NJK (or whatever his name is nowadays) would end up shooting someone in a mall?

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Yeah I honestly that's a pretty interesting case. And it does show that Greg is one of the good guys. Even if he identifies himself as conservative, I don't really see too much of the conservative in him.

I'm sure it's there somewhere. But most of the cases he actually handles seems to be for disenfranchised people who need help rather than what he could be doing which is white rich people doing estate planning.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I know it's easy to lose the overview with the amount of shootings. They don't refer to the El Paso shooter but to the Dayton-shooter who apparently followed Greg, Popehat and a lot of so called "leftist" channels.

There are two possibilities.

1. The guy was "Larping" as a leftist online.

2. He was sincerely following these people, but was otherwise completely messed up.

From what information we have (which isn't a lot) we have to assume, that it's Nr. 2

While ISWV is a lot worse in that regard, we have to accept that there are some obsessed lunatics on the KV-side as well. Would anybody really be surprised if NJK (or whatever his name is nowadays) would end up shooting someone in a mall?

Yeah I messed up with shooting, which is sad that that is even a possible thing to do. But I had just read the Fox News thread so I guess my brain was thinking more of El Paso.

See that's the thing, it doesn't matter if he was legitimately following popehat and Greg. Because I'm sure there are many people on both sides who do. following someone that is even a semi-public figure it's not an endorsement of them. Many people who don't support Donald Trump follow his Twitter.

Is this bullshit "Guilt by Association" narrative that the Convics have been trying to push for a little while now.

The other difference, is that when a bad actor shows up on the KickVic side of things. Said Bad actor is told to get lost. ISWV goes on the defensive and welcomes the bad actors.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I suddenly find myself fascinated by the criminal case Doucette was in court for yesterday. Thread:

Because yeah, anything is better than more of this never-ending misogynistic orgy.

Wait so Doucette's client had the cops called on them, who the not only arrested him but then just went to town and took a bunch of their electronics whether or not they were cause of the noise?

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
The are some new filings. Basically responding to Beardymans premature filings and confirming that the contracts that both Rial/Toye and Vic didn't respectively make them employees and guarantee Vic work.

Killer Tofu

Feb 18, 2019
Despite being pulled from Liberty City Anime Convention, Vic will be around nearby meeting fans this Saturday nearby LCAC which is being held this weekend. I don't want to promote it I'm sure some Vic stans follow this thread so I won't be posting a link.

I have a feeling this had always been the plan in the event he was pulled. That's why he was never announced, his fan club already knew he'd be in NYC regardless. The page for this signing doesn't even state the location so Vic is being very sneaky about it.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Despite being pulled from Liberty City Anime Convention, Vic will be around nearby meeting fans this Saturday nearby LCAC which is being held this weekend. I don't want to promote it I'm sure some Vic stans follow this thread so I won't be posting a link.

I have a feeling this had always been the plan in the event he was pulled. That's why he was never announced, his fan club already knew he'd be in NYC regardless. The page for this signing doesn't even state the location so Vic is being very sneaky about it.

So he's just planning on "Virgil"-ing it at cons he's not invited to anymore from now on? That's kinda... pathetic really.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
The are some new filings. Basically responding to Beardymans premature filings and confirming that the contracts that both Rial/Toye and Vic didn't respectively make them employees and guarantee Vic work.

Seems like this is the sort of thing that's valuable to the case but boring to the peanut gallery, which might be a good thing.

Since the idea of removing Vic's voice from Broly home releases have been mentioned, I noticed that the work-for-hire agreements include lines specifying that Funimation isn't required to include the actors voices, as well as that the actors don't get paid royalties whatsoever. Assuming Vic gets pretty much the same agreement, I think that cements that he was probably kept on for no other reason than it was cheaper for them to do so than to record new lines.

I think it would be have been nice for Funimation to have made a strong statement like that because they aren't the victims here, they were enablers. They at least need to evaluate how to ensure that their talent is kept safe from here on.

Beard is apparently mad at Douchette.

Already knew he called for doxxing on Kiwifarms but didn't know how much he invoked them.

I can't help but remember the old adage of "[garbage website] is not your personal army". I keep getting the sense that he's a guy who really wants to be a bully but needs help because he can't do it on his own, so he ends up as a SLAPP-filing harrassment site surfing NRA member. Anyone else read him the same way?