• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of HawaiiCon 2019's guests is Vic:

2019+Vic+Mignogna.jpg

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
It could be a case of them having no idea what there social media person is doing
Funny enough, their staff page doesn't have a social media person. As in, it has "social media" written there as if they have a social media person, but they don't have a name under it. It's only social media and graphic designer that have missing names.

Doctor_Y

Avenger
Mar 14, 2019
More seriously, the Hawaiicon bit seems weird to me. Their policies page goes on for quite a while about harassment and seems to be a pretty strong stance against it. They also have a bunch of women on staff including the chair. Doesn't seem to match up with the decision to support a Vic ally.

Until you remember that head and founder of HawaiiCon Tim Slater is known for sexual harassment himself. https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...s-sexual-harassment-case-came-out-in-congress

His Staff Picture is even Prof. X. You know. The professor with an unhealthy sexual obsession with a 15 year old Jean Grey.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Until you remember that head and founder of HawaiiCon Tim Slater is known for sexual harassment himself. https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...s-sexual-harassment-case-came-out-in-congress

His Staff Picture is even Prof. X. You know. The professor with an unhealthy sexual obsession with a 15 year old Jean Grey.
That makes sense. I didn't remember Hawaiicon and figured it would be an Anime Matsuri situation - it seems these types like to stick together. The staff page buries Tim Slater, though; he's on the second line as PSTC / SFPC (no idea what those are abbreviations of) and towards the bottom as Financial Officer.

Those Fantasy Soft guys seem like great people:

Even on a purely business level, it's a little hard to deny that the guy has a point when Illusion Fantasy Soft is currently begging for money because they won't stop supporting Vic.

Last edited:

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Even on a purely business level, it's a little hard to deny that the guy has a point when Illusion Fantasy Soft is currently begging for money because they won't stop supporting Vic.

I noticed them mentioning they were trying to make a deal with Netflix or Amazon for distribution. I am sure neither of those companies will think it is a great idea to support a company that acts like that.

I have long wondered about the business standpoint angle.

What kind of babbling idiot do you have to be to make a meme saying "you are stupid for thinking we shouldn't support a sexual predator/rapist"? A company that is actively fundraising to be able to keep supporting said predator/rapist.

Don't these people at least have a wish to keep their business going and want to keep their employees employed? There seems to be a point where they can choose to either stfu and try to lay low in hopes of the storm blowing over, or just fully turn to grifting people with the same shitty attitudes.

And so many of them just go full speed at that point.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Oh lord. Remember how we had been talking in this thread about how a bunch of people came as Vic stans that weren't even anime fans to start with?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh lord. Remember how we had been talking in this thread about how a bunch of people came as Vic stans that weren't even anime fans to start with?

"Christian's support rapists so christianity must be good!"

I know homeboy is gonna forget about this in the next 30secs like the goldfish he is, but damn

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
So the Nazis are showing themselves now. Pushing Charlottesville conspiracy theories into Mike's mentions.

Read the whole thread to learn that the Incel Community was not only started by woman, but most incels are in fact women.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the Nazis are showing themselves now. Pushing Charlottesville conspiracy theories into Mike's mentions.

Read the whole thread to learn that the Incel Community was not only started by woman, but most incels are in fact women.

if incels are mostly women, why are they complaining that they still can't get laid?

incel logic

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. New filings inc. Including this:

Edit: Added affidavit snip from other sister + spoiler tag, since deimosmasque is right about that being needed here.

Last edited:

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
They found the twins he was attempting to groom.

I'm putting it in a spoiler tag because part of it is a bit triggering.

Edit - Added additional snippets from the other twin. They are even worse and more triggering.

Last edited:

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Even just the snippets are disgusting. Plus Vic busts out that time-worn excuse, "Age is just a number".

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They found the twins he was attempting to groom.

I'm putting it in a spoiler tag because part of it is a bit triggering.

Edit - Added additional snippets from the other twin. They are even worse and more triggering.

''Age is just a number'' ''She's not here, so she doesn't matter''.

God that fucking cheating, rapist, pedophile pig. I feel sick just reading it.

Sanchoco

Dec 3, 2018
Wow. New filings inc. Including this:

Edit: Added affidavit snip from other sister + spoiler tag, since deimosmasque is right about that being needed here.

Holly shit!

Now to see how Screech and the R. Broly stans spin this because, let's face it, they will...

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Holly shit!

Now to see how Screech and the R. Broly stans spin this because, let's face it, they will...
From the last time I peeked at Twitter, it seemed like the Vic fans were accusing everyone else of being full of pedophiles and pedophile sympathizers, so I guess they feel like they've now hit the Milo Yiannopolos zone and they're hoping to take everyone with them on their way down.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone feels like they have the stomach to read the full doc, here it is:

Read through it. There are not enough vomit gifs in the world for that.

Last edited:

anariel

Oct 27, 2017
I still have to remind myself that Vic isn't even the defendant in this case; so much disgusting stuff is coming out about him that you'd think he's the one being tried.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
You shall not commit adultery*

*unless your partner isn't there, in which case they don't matter.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone feels like they have the stomach to read the full doc, here it is:

It's not that long, so I'll eyeball it. I'll spoiler quotes that relate to his abuse in case they're triggering for anyone.

The sisters' refusal, and mention of his age and engagement, threw Mignogna into a rage. By this time both women were fearful for their safety.

Considering how manipulative he is on the whole, maybe Vic uses intimidation to get what he wants if using his reputation doesn't work out.

It also mentions the Communication Decency Act as a catch-all defense against defamation for retweeting based on this line: "No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider. "

It's not the most scathing, but they do criticize how Vic's gone about this (as part of damaging his case):

Plaintiff's claims that Moving Defendants defamed him are barred because Mignogna consented to and/or invited the allegedly defamatory statements. "If the publication of which the plaintiff complains was consented to, authorized, invited, or procured by the plaintiff, he cannot recover for injuries sustained by reason of that publication."34 The doctrine of consent or invited comment is an absolute privilege against allegations of defamation, even if such statements can be shown to be made with malice.35

Here, Mignogna clearly invited and consented to comments about his behavior, and Moving Defendants were privileged in their communications on Twitter. Mignogna released several statements online in order to spin the narrative in his favor.36 Mignogna specifically instructed his fans to "counter" what he called "lies and negativity."37 Mignogna specifically referred to allegations of sexual harassment, sexual assault, or pedophilia as "COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY FALSE."38 Mignogna even took time out of a convention appearance on February 2, 2019 to cast doubt on what he had learned during Sony's investigation of his conduct.

While Mignogna now undoubtedly regrets inviting continued public commentary, he took the calculated risk of presenting these issues publicly, assuming his followers would simply overwhelm any accusations or dissenting opinions. Regardless, Mignogna cannot now claim defamation after inviting and contributing to the public debate

Into the affidavits of the sisters, this line makes me wonder if he was engaged as a smokescreen:

I did not think Mignogna was trying to hit on us because he was as old as our father, and I knew he was engaged to Michele Specht.

This part stands out at me for being blatantly and knowingly hypocritical:

While we were visiting, I asked why Mignogna was not hanging out with the other voice actors, such as Todd Haberkorn, and what they might be up to at the con. Mignogna said that Todd was at a cosplay strip tease show. As he was explaining, I observed that he had a very condescending tone about the strip tease show and said he did not want to go because it was disgusting. However, he then proceeded to tell us that he would rather see us doing a strip tease show for him instead.

Then you get an affidavit for a woman that worked for Anime Milwaukee. What's interesting to me is that she mentions that rumours about Vic had always been around, but she hadn't heard anything so credibly as to be actionable until they cancelled Vic.

She states that the defendants didn't affect their decision and it was instead a mutual decision between Anime Milwaukee and Vic to cancel, and that it was necessary even if just to keep up appearances as an anti-harassment space not even specific to Vic. She also said he got paid regardless.

Kami-Con's statement is a both sides thing. He says both camps are hostile and that's why they cancelled Vic.

I don't remember if we had statements from cons before, but if not, these are probably important to the tortious interference part of the suit. Essentially, Vic was claiming that Monica, Ron, and Jamie's actions lost him these contacts. He admitted he didn't have proof in his deposition and now the cons are saying the defendants aren't responsible, so that seems like it should neatly nail one of the only allegations that don't rely on some other issue.

Last edited:

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Well, what a time to catch up on this dumpster fire....

Somehow, after all this time, all this months, everytime I believe that the stories about Vic hit the absolute rock bottom, a new story comes out that is like "you thought that was bad?, just wait to see what he did in this one!"

At this point I wouldn't be shocked anymore when someone said the he brutally raped her. It's gotten that bad for me.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
This certainly is a day for new filings. This one has some of that delicious Beard-slapping we need so much more of:

Edit: This seems like a bombshell. Ty mentioned that he needed 3 more weeks to go through all the filed material, after he send the defense a detailed list of why he wanted them to strike various exhibits. So he *has* gone through all the material and even claimed on the livestream he was ready for the 8th of August. Then turns around and tells the court that he needs a further 3 weeks to read it all. He also added a lie about why he asked the defense for the extension.

As usual Mr. Dunford has a good walkthrough (@questauthority) that also goes through why the lawyers in the thread are reacting a lot to this filing.

Seems like this will be exhibit 1 when the bar complaints roll in once the case is done. Not to mention how the judge will react to it.

Last edited: