• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I was going to make this post about how the difference was that Captain Kirk was actually charming and also it was a 60 series so some of the more non-consent stuff that happens with a product of its time.

Then I realized that Vic probably actually thinks he's Captain Kirk.

He grew up on the original TOS series and decided to emulate that behavior. Even as times changed. And now I feel even grosser than I originally did.

So glad I only watch ten minutes of Star Trek Continues before deciding it was trash. I would feel so bad right now if I had actually been a fan of that.
Yeah, I wasn't saying he's like Captain Kirk, but he seems like he views himself that way or wants to be viewed that way. Vic's age is why I also bring up Spock. You might be able to claim him picking Kirk over later captains because TOS was the series he grew up on... But even then, one of the most popular character in the series is all about self-discipline and following ancient religious philosophy... but Vic goes for the icon of casual '60s chauvinism instead.

Rekieta just defended that video on the grounds that "this is a joke that has been made a billion, billion times" and "the little girl was flirting with Vic."

I need a shower.
There was an episode of CSI where a peadophile used this to excuse his actions.
So we're literally talking schlocky TV crime show villian level defense.
I think this is the same argument that the narrator of Lolita uses to justify his own pedophilia.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
All this legit pedo stuff is so fucking sickening

I saw the vids while eating and wanted to puke

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rekieta just defended that video on the grounds that "this is a joke that has been made a billion, billion times" and "the little girl were flirting with Vic."

I need a shower.
Dude has kids too. Curious if he'd be making the same excuses if that were his daughter.
He probably would.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Hell even it its time they showed boundaries. The "dark side" of Kirk tried to force himself on Yoeman Rand and this was very clearly portrayed as a bad thing.
Actually, now that I think about it, Vic kinda is like Kirk, evil Kirk from The Enemy Within.

Well Kirk was a bit fast to kiss some of the ladies on the show as well, without permission. But yeah rape was still the boundary. But much like 60s Bond, Kirk did his fair share of sexual assault.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I can't get over how much the Homelander from The Boys looks like Vic. It makes him all the more creepier.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
The conVics are now pushing that "What are you doing later." was a reference to fighting crime because the girl was dressed as Wonder Woman. Ignoring of course the rest of the context.

But only KickVic people ignore context I thought?

🤔

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
The conVics are now pushing that "What are you doing later." was a reference to fighting crime because the girl was dressed as Wonder Woman. Ignoring of course the rest of the context.

🤔

As if ISWV wasn't already a morbid joke, I saw someone unironically pull the "he's a straight white Catholic male!" card earlier. (That we apparently support Sarah Wiedenheft's *brother/some underage kiss at a con being "proof" we're the actual pedo supporters)

*Context: a VA's brother was arrested for having CP on his computer, although I've long since forgotten the specifics of the case other than convics going "LOL KARMA LET THE COURTS DECIDE"

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

🤔

The thing is even if you give it to them, you're left with a dozen other incidents that ask for a different explanation. If you need a dozen different explanations for why you're doing inappropriate things, maybe you like doing inappropriate things and you're looking for excuses.

As if ISWV wasn't already a morbid joke, I saw someone unironically pull the "he's a straight white Catholic male!" card earlier. (That we apparently support Sarah Wiedenheft's *brother/some underage kiss at a con being "proof" we're the actual pedo supporters)

*Context: a VA's brother was arrested for having CP on his computer, although I've long since forgotten the specifics of the case other than convics going "LOL KARMA LET THE COURTS DECIDE"
Wait, who is that about? Vic isn't even a Catholic.
I'm hoping there are people out there getting their lame stock defenses wrong.

Last edited:

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA

I remember that, I thought it was Jad Saxton but I could be wrong.

Yeah she had come out against Vic and asked for privacy for that and that it was most certainly some sort of CP-downloading malware that got on his computer.

But of course the Vic Stans were all "Oh so Vic is automatically guilty but your brother isn't? HYPOCRITE!"

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
The thing is even if you give it to them, you're left with a dozen other incidents that ask for a different explanation. If you need a dozen different explanations for why you're doing inappropriate things, maybe you like doing inappropriate things and you're looking for excuses.

Wait, who is that about?
I remember that, I thought it was Jad Saxton but I could be wrong.

Yeah she had come out against Vic and asked for privacy for that and that it was most certainly some sort of CP-downloading malware that got on his computer.

But of course the Vic Stans were all "Oh so Vic is automatically guilty but your brother isn't? HYPOCRITE!"

It was Sarah Wiedenheft, yes.

Vic isn't even a Catholic.

I'm not about to go back and check if that was a goof-up on his end (or, in fairness, mine), but that'd be pretty funny.

Ok, so this is the answer to Greg calling out Screech for blackface.

Da fuq is this? lol

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Of course they dont. "It's just a big scary phrase those damn SJWs use to silience me so it must work both ways."

It's how if I would, rightly, say that Vic's behavior towardw women is a perfect example of Toxic Masculinity at work the response would be something like:

SEE IT'S REALLY ALL ABOUT HATING MEN!!!

Ignoring what the concept of Toxic Masculinity actually is.

Honestly I'm surprised they have attacked Greg, Shane or Mike for mansplaining yet.

They literally have no clue what any of those terms actually mean.

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing really.
Vic being a creep has been an open secret for years. Anime forums always mocked it.
Yet now that its finally being exposed, suddenly a bunch of those forums are trying to stop it.

"Heh heh, Vic Mignogna sure is a creep huh?"
"Wow yeah he is. We better do something about him"
"WAIT NO STOP!"

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing really.
Vic being a creep has been an open secret for years. Anime forums always mocked it.
Yet now that its finally being exposed, suddenly a bunch of those forums are trying to stop it.

"Heh heh, Vic Mignogna sure is a creep huh?"
"Wow yeah he is. We better do something about him"
"WAIT NO STOP!"
Just goes to show that those dunces don't actually give a shit about Vic.

Oct 26, 2017

🤔
The most important thing to these people is to never concede an argument, ever. They know damn fine what Vic meant there and no doubt they don't believe their response, but the main thing is that they gave a counter response and as far as they're concerned the ball has been fired back into the "opponent's" court and it's up to them to think of something else.

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Rekieta just defended that video on the grounds that "this is a joke that has been made a billion, billion times" and "the little girl was flirting with Vic."
1146.jpg

Last edited:

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Do these idiots really think Blackface is equal to wearing clothes from another culture?

Yes. And basically for the reasons noted above: they don't actually care about something like cultural appropriation enough to tell the difference between honoring a culture's heritage and "lul blackface", they just know that the term is something bad that liberals fire at them, so they repackage it and fire it back without a second thought. Because they care more about throwing the next punch as hard and as fast as they can than they do about actually knowing where, why, and how they're punching.

Honestly I'm surprised they have attacked Greg, Shane or Mike for mansplaining yet.

I'm losing track of who Shane and Mike are (I need that list again dammit), but the thing with Greg is that all of his arguments are focused on dismantling the legal strength of Vic's lawsuit. He really doesn't go too into the morality of Vic, BFL, and Beard's actions and reactions, so it probably isn't triggering them to use "mansplaining" as a defense. Because, once again, they don't care about the terms beyond seeing them as political weapons.

Jun 17, 2019
Wow Nintendo replaced Niosi??? Isn't that game coming out very soon? I'm so surprised.

Funimation really should have replaced Vic. It's disappointing.

For all the issues that people have with Nintendo, taking this sort of stuff seriously has never been a complaint. A few years ago they (NoNA) fired a lady in their PR department when they found out she was doing cam work wearing Nintendo characters cosplay.

Since Fe is a in house game, I'm not surprised they replaced him from accusations. They dont like being associated With people who like him as it screws over their reputation. So they tend to cut off the actors.

I think Vic may have been close to the head of Funi and that was the main reason why he was kept on. No excuse though.

Video is gross. Also anyone recall when he did a commercial for WoW saying he pplayed a warlock? Saw it once and then never again.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I mean... that woman was being attacked by Gamergaters who were throwing tantrums over localization, and that was the result. That's not even close to the same thing as them firing an abuser.

One whose actions have been called out for a long time, I might add. But at least someone finally did something this time.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
So, my question is this: are they gonna get away with it? These guys are obviously jokes and the bar referral is gonna fuck them, maybe even disbar them entirely... But how much money did they get from this gfm? If it all comes crashing down now, have they just made enough bank to not give a shit?

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
So, my question is this: are they gonna get away with it? These guys are obviously jokes and the bar referral is gonna fuck them, maybe even disbar them entirely... But how much money did they get from this gfm? If it all comes crashing down now, have they just made enough bank to not give a shit?

I think that depends on your definition of getting away with it. I think we can safely assume Nick already has made mint on chat money from his livescreeches, and Ty has probably been billing hours for ages as well. So yeah, they will have gotten money out of their audience.

But as mentioned in the Greg tweet above, he has every intention of reporting to their respective bar associations. So that might end up loosing them their license to practice law. I would also assume that their reputations would be in shambles after this.

Vic will most likely end up with defendants lawyers fees and possible damages as well.

But this is all just guesswork from me, based on following various people on @lawtwitter.

Time will tell. And I can't fucking wait for it to spill the beans.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
But as mentioned in the Greg tweet above, he has every intention of reporting to their respective bar associations. So that might end up loosing them their license to practice law. I would also assume that their reputations would be in shambles after this.

I don't think they'll get disbarred. Bar associations are loathe to punish people to begin with. They just want to admonish and warn.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think they'll get disbarred. Bar associations are loathe to punish people to begin with. They just want to admonish and warn.

Very likely. I do not really have much knowledge of how a bar complaint would work.

These guys have grifted a shitload of money on a very shoddy case, have failed to prepare the client in any way for said case, and their shitty advice will most likely end up costing the client a metric shit load of money. They have lied about specializing in defamation and the list goes on (I guess the incompetence list posted earlier applies here as well). Adding on top of that, that they seem to not really have any provable court experience... and just suddenly turned into experts when there was money involved, would that not paint them in a rather bad light?

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot the whole livestreaming asking an internet mob to "make their lives miserable". Which also seems like something a lawyer wouldn't normally be seen doing.

Last edited:

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
It is the way of the alt right, short term gain. Long term damage. They got high on their own supply signing shit at cons

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A con in Hawaii is in full support of this company's support of Vic:

[B]We Love Vic #IStandwithVic *hiatus mode*[/B]‏ @[B]AnonOpinion2[/B] Jul 24
Dear @HawaiiCon, Fantasy Soft needs our help, until Vic gets his name cleared we have to stand our ground, please spread awareness in ways that you choose so thank you.

[B]HawaiiCon[/B]‏ @[B]HawaiiCon[/B]
FollowFollow @HawaiiCon
More
Replying to @[B]AnonOpinion2[/B] @[B]FantasySoftEnt[/B]
We've reached out to Fantasy Soft to see if there is anything that we can do to help. We're saddened to see any creators in distress, particularly for reasons that have nothing to do with the quality of their work.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I still think Nick has a great opportunity here, he just has to retool his show a little. Disbarred at the Bar, where you get misogynistic hate campaign bullshit lawsplained to you by a genuine drunken guy who used his law degree as a toilet seat cover. If he plays his cards right he can even go on to spin it off to Attornal Loneliness, where he whines to an increasingly shrinking audience after his wife leaves him for a practicing lawyer who doesn't think kids are hitting on him!

And I don't care what you guys say, I'm still convinced that Fantasy Soft used to develop games for JAST USA in the nineties. Like, they did Mad Paradox or something.

More seriously, the Hawaiicon bit seems weird to me. Their policies page goes on for quite a while about harassment and seems to be a pretty strong stance against it. They also have a bunch of women on staff including the chair. Doesn't seem to match up with the decision to support a Vic ally.

Nov 3, 2017

Nick doesn't just get away with it, he comes out incredibly.

For the sake of argument, let's assume the nuclear option and he gets disbarred. It makes no meaningful difference; his legal career is one step shy of nonexistent, so it's not like it impacts him financially or professionally.

And his real career as an outrage merchant got a huge boost thanks to his part in this stupidity. To the best of my knowledge, his channel has higher engagement now than anytime in the past, and he knows the specific demographic and subculture to go hunting for more outrage.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
More seriously, the Hawaiicon bit seems weird to me. Their policies page goes on for quite a while about harassment and seems to be a pretty strong stance against it. They also have a bunch of women on staff including the chair. Doesn't seem to match up with the decision to support a Vic ally.

They've been firmly on Vic's side since the allegations first came out, put out tweets directly supporting the I Stand With Vic campaign, so someone or someones running the show are die-hard VicStans. Pity, since one of two only real cons in Hawaii.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
They've been firmly on Vic's side since the allegations first came out, put out tweets directly supporting the I Stand With Vic campaign, so someone or someones running the show are die-hard VicStans. Pity, since one of two only real cons in Hawaii.
Oh. Well, that makes sense, but... hell, I'm just going to copy this in.

• HawaiiCon is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable environment for its members and guests. Harassing, bullying, groping or otherwise bothering others is not tolerated under HawaiiCon's Convention Guidelines. This includes behavior online. You acknowledge and accept this policy upon purchasing membership.
  • Harassment is defined as any behavior that annoys, alarms, or threatens another person or group. This includes unwanted physical contact, following someone around a public area without their consent, photographing them without consent, making lewd or sexual remarks or threatening to physically attack someone, verbally harassing (making fun of someone), etc. If you aren't sure what constitutes harassment, err on the side of caution and restrict your contact.
  • Remember: "No" means no. "Stop" means stop. "Go away" means go away.

That's from here. Emphasis is theirs, not mine. This is the same con, right? They support Vic and they wrote this?