• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
I really can't stop thinking about the tweets thing.

Like... these dipshits were going on and on about how Ron doesn't remember tweets, how funny, now he can't say they weren't malicious, or whatever the fuck. Meanwhile, you look at that transcript and it's actually him repeatedly saying, truthfully, "it looks like my tweet" while Beard throws a tantrum and the defendants' lawyer has to explain that he's actually answering properly. And then Ron explains as well.

And then that hearing still happens after.

That's what happens when you're a clown grifter that literally learned what a deposition was for the case

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I really can't stop thinking about the tweets thing.

Like... these dipshits were going on and on about how Ron doesn't remember tweets, how funny, now he can't say they weren't malicious, or whatever the fuck. Meanwhile, you look at that transcript and it's actually him repeatedly saying, truthfully, "it looks like my tweet" while Beard throws a tantrum and the defendants' lawyer has to explain that he's actually answering properly. And then Ron explains as well.

And then that hearing still happens after.

The whole thing about actual malice is so hilarious to me, like what did they think they were going to do there
Imagining some of the other smooth moves they probably would have wanted to pull during that farce

Ty Beardlaw: so if you think vic committed a crime, would you support him going to a trial with a jury of his peers
Ron: uh, yeah, I guess so
Ty Beardlaw: so what you're saying is that your goal was to commit an act of peerjury

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad that two former convention staff members from Tekko chose to given written testimony regarding Vic's actions at Tekko which lines up with other accounts of what Vic had done at conventions.

Envelope

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly fun tho it is to see Vic and co get dunked on those affidavits are a very sobering reminder that real harm happened to real people from his actions.

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's on official record that Vic does NOT think kissing underage people is creepy!!!

6VOGB1D.png

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Jeeze, WTF.... Vic went missing numerous times at Tekko 2007 and at one point, he was caught with three underage girls and a staff member of Tekko that year in a court affadavit attached to this recent court filing believed Vic was "high-risk" and that his behavior was "suspicious":
What a piece of shit

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
The whole thing about actual malice is so hilarious to me, like what did they think they were going to do there
Imagining some of the other smooth moves they probably would have wanted to pull during that farce

Ty Beardlaw: so if you think vic committed a crime, would you support him going to a trial with a jury of his peers
Ty Beardlaw: so what you're saying is that your goal was to commit an act of peerjury

I don't know if you're talking about this or just the tweets thing, but speaking of actual malice...

love this attempt to get Ron to agree that he specifically felt "malice", that exact word, as if he's ingeniously catching him in a trap that'll clinch it for them

only for Ron to not even agree to that much

Killer Tofu

Feb 18, 2019
No.

Chuck was friends with Vic, but he has never denied any of the allegations and supported Jaimi when she was attacked publicly.

He also was the one to encourage Vic to admit he had a problem and that he should apologize and try to make amends and "improve himself as a person", as well as calling for the fans to stop their harassment.

He's a hardcore christian so he didn't want to just give up on the guy if he was willing to try to apologize and do better. (He misbehaved but he hadn't murdered or raped anybody)

Jaimi and Chuck are still good friends and Jaimi has been very vocal about people she dislikes and doesn't trust so he's clear, despite not perfectly aligning with Resetera's views.

I agree with everything except maybe the last part. I'm not sure if they are still friends considering they aren't Facebook friends or mutually follow each other on Twitter. But maybe I should take that with a grain of salt. You're definitely right, Chuck has not been a negative topic of discussion with Kick Vic. I'm really quite relieved because Chuck is someone I admire.

From what I can gather from the interactions I've had with Chuck, he believes in redemption and mediating. Seeing both perspectives. It's naive because I think at some point you do need to pick a side in something like this but I think his heart is in the right place.

He follows Vic, Marz Gurl, Doucette and Nick (I know ugh on the latter) on Twitter. I'm certain it's to know and understand both sides.

It's also fair to give him the benefit of the doubt. Much like Vic's ex fiancée and maybe others close to Vic, I highly doubt he was aware of even half of this stuff Vic has disclosed in his deposition.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

Beard and Screech are breaking up!

Not quite; this is just him continuing their shared sarcastic joke that Nick totally is ruining it for them even though (in their minds) it's going well.

as always, it's only funny because it's actually true and they're still unable to see it

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

It's like, remember during the height of Gamergate where you'd run into a flood of misogynistic idiots who were constantly saying dumb stuff like "if we were Muslims you'd be on our side", and you'd wonder how someone that stupid could survive in real life?

Then you see Ty Beard and you realize that not only are those people the exact same in real life, but it's still a mystery who is tying their shoes for them.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I agree with everything except maybe the last part. I'm not sure if they are still friends considering they aren't Facebook friends or mutually follow each other on Twitter. But maybe I should take that with a grain of salt. You're definitely right, Chuck has not been a negative topic of discussion with Kick Vic. I'm really quite relieved because Chuck is someone I admire.

From what I can gather from the interactions I've had with Chuck, he believes in redemption and mediating. Seeing both perspectives. It's naive because I think at some point you do need to pick a side in something like this but I think his heart is in the right place.

He follows Vic, Marz Gurl, Doucette and Nick (I know ugh on the latter) on Twitter. I'm certain it's to know and understand both sides.

It's also fair to give him the benefit of the doubt. Much like Vic's ex fiancée and maybe others close to Vic, I highly doubt he was aware of even half of this stuff Vic has disclosed in his deposition.

The facebook Jamie Marchi are fan accounts.

Chuck and Jamie follow each other on twitter.

Nobody knew the horrible extent of Vic's past wrong doings when this blew up.

I think most of us assumed he was just being a creep hitting on younger girls to flatter his ego.

It's evident today that we are long past that.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if you're talking about this or just the tweets thing, but speaking of actual malice...

love this attempt to get Ron to agree that he specifically felt "malice", that exact word, as if he's ingeniously catching him in a trap that'll clinch it for them

only for Ron to not even agree to that much
What's incredible is this exact argument was used by Vic stans with no legal background whatsoever on Twitter; not only does it show that Beard doesn't actually understand law, it brings up the question of whether him or internet trolls are responsible for the misinterpretation he has.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019

I think most of us assumed he was just being a creep hitting on younger girls to flatter his ego.

That's bad enough with the hitting on young girls

Killer Tofu

Feb 18, 2019

Thank you for the clarification.

Yeah, definitely. Everyday I'm all the more disgusted with Vic. I only bring up the possibility Chuck wasn't aware because people are questioning him here.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
New conVic strategy I'm seeing is that it's still defemation even if its true because in the Depo said she wasn't going to "sweep it under the rug" anymore. Thus proving malice (I guess?)

Not seeming to realize you can't defame with accurate statements.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
New conVic strategy I'm seeing is that it's still defemation even if its true because in the Depo said she wasn't going to "sweep it under the rug" anymore. Thus proving malice (I guess?)

Also the continued inability of VicStans to understand the definition between "malice" and the legal term "actual malice", even after it's been described to them, in detail, repeatedly.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Yeah that's why I add the "I guess?". I really don't get why it's so hard for them. Except of course it isn't about Vic but instead it's about uppity women.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
The funny thing is that they can't sue for defamation anything from the insanely damaging TCPA.

So that's pretty god damn hilarious because that's the worst thing that has ever come out about him, ever.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

...So, the strategy you're seeing is explicitly from people who have accepted that Vic is probably a sex predator but still want him to be able to win somehow?

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
The funny thing is that they can't sue for defamation anything from the insanely damaging TCPA.

So that's pretty god damn hilarious because that's the worst thing that has ever come out about him, ever.
Yeah, in suing a couple of people who were revealing his actions they've brought far more and worse allegations into the public view and in a way that prevents them being sued. No matter which way you look at it this lawsuits was the worst possible idea.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The letter Michele, Vic's former fiance, wrote to him is quite powerful. Fuck Vic.

Killer Tofu

Feb 18, 2019
The letter Michele, Vic's former fiance, wrote to him is quite powerful. Fuck Vic.

Powerful indeed. It's awful she's been through all this but I'm happy for Michele. She is free of his abuse finally.

Vic is quite the gaslighting abuser. Even in court he lies about things he must know the lawyer is aware of. For example, lying about not knowing Discord, lying about not holding a rumors panel and more. If anything I've enjoyed about watching his deposition, it's that no one thinks he's cute. His charm doesn't work in this setting. He's finally being put in his place. And it will be his own doing because he thought he was invincible, so invincible in fact he knows nothing about his own case and hired the most moronic lawyer to handle it all.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Powerful indeed. It's awful she's been through all this but I'm happy for Michele. She is free of his abuse finally.

Vic is quite the gaslighting abuser. Even in court he lies about things he must know the lawyer is aware of. For example, lying about not knowing Discord, lying about not holding a rumors panel and more. If anything I've enjoyed about watching his deposition, it's that no one thinks he's cute. His charm doesn't work in this setting. He's finally being put in his place. And it will be his own doing because he thought he was invincible, so invincible in fact he knows nothing about his own case and hired the most moronic lawyer to handle it all.

It's illuminating when you see these people who have gotten away with shit for ages because of things like power, influence and charm that aren't really related to their crimes. Once you take those advantages away, it becomes clear that they aren't amazing, manipulative masterminds - they're usually pretty stupid people who have been coasting.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Any other dammning parts worth noting?

It is in general just 579 pages of holy fuck.

Just spend an hour scrolling through it, and it is just insane seeing it all lined up so clearly. How he never ended up in a courtroom before putting this case up himself is mind blowing. It just goes on and on about how he was known for his behaviour since more than a decade ago, and how cons would have one or two people following him at all times etc.

Would at least recommend going through the affidavits starting at page 294.

Looking at VicStan's reactions is just mega super duper ultra mind blowing after this is out. Here is 579 pages of "How much of a POS is R. Broly really? Well... let's take a trip" and they are yelling about some minor inconsistency in a deposition. You would have to go through mental gymnastics on an Olympic level to think ANY of this could even remotely end up looking good for Vic.

PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017
The GFM suddenly gained all its money back and then some in the last few days. One person even put in $1k yesterday.

Vennt

Oct 27, 2017
The GFM suddenly gained all its money back and then some in the last few days. One person even put in $1k yesterday.

I have zero sympathy for the fleeced.

The mental gymnastics of the VicStans prove that they don't actually care one way or another about his behaviour, or whether the allegations are true or not, they just want to be right at any cost.

Once Vic loses they will move on to the next Twitter anti-SJW cause célèbre and happily deny any involvement or opinion on "that Vic thing".

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
It just goes on and on about how he was known for his behaviour since more than a decade ago, and how cons would have one or two people following him at all times etc.
This is one thing that, for me, proves that many of the people who "stand with Vic" don't give a shit about the truth. This is something that many people who were into anime (regardless of how they felt about dubbing) knew about since his popularity as a voice actor blew up, and I've known people personally who used to go on about how "creepy" he was; yet all of a sudden, these "accusations" have "come out of nowhere" just to "ruin a good man's life". For some reason, a lot of people became really fixated on his role as Broly and tried to paint the accusations as trying to ruin his success.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
Not quite; this is just him continuing their shared sarcastic joke that Nick totally is ruining it for them even though (in their minds) it's going well.

as always, it's only funny because it's actually true and they're still unable to see it
That's the alt-right and alt-right adjacent way. Shroud everything in such a thick layer of irony that you're never wrong if things go south.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Reading through Mike Dunford's breakdown of the latest TCPA filing and I love the way he breaks these down. He isn't afraid to point out issues in the defence's filings as well (although obv there are far fewer than the Plaintiff's because unlike Vic they hired real lawyers.)

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
These court filings are filled with the most heartbreaking accounts of utter predatory malevolence. This man belongs behind bars for the literal crimes he's committed.

Also, fuck this Chuck Huber guy for his repulsive 'assistance' to sexual assault victims that came in the form of outright dismissal of their accounts and lies regarding the effects of women who speak up. What a filthy cretin.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
These court filings are filled with the most heartbreaking accounts of utter predatory malevolence. This man belongs behind bars for the literal crimes he's committed.

Also, fuck this Chuck Huber guy for his repulsive 'assistance' to sexual assault victims that came in the form of outright dismissal of their accounts and lies regarding the effects of women who speak up. What a filthy cretin.

I think the most infuriating thing in all of this is that in the end, this is a civil lawsuit brought by the perpetrator. So the worst case scenario is monetary damage. On the other hand this is exposing a *LOT* of information.

I am just gonna lean back and watch this unfold, and then hoping for things to unfold afterwards with all the stuff that is now coming to light.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Also, I want to report the GFM myself as well upon seeing it's rising back up which is terrifying

On the positive side you have 50+ lawyers that are absolutely sure that this will not end well for Vic. So all that money is either gonna be completely eaten up by Beard-man, leaving Vic to pay damages all by himself. Or it will go to damages for the defendants.